Great players in FM that never made it irl

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, a couple more I remember there. Wasn't it Fredy Williams-Thompson or something like that?

Fredy-William Thompsom. He was Guatmalan. I loved this guy so much i used to edit his 2nd Nationality to British so i could sign him without a WP.

I can't believe i missed Catanha off my list. he was sensational! Oh and Jason Cullina...sorry this is addictive.

I must admit that CM features in so many great memories from my teenage years. Every time i meet up with my old school buddies we talk about CM hidden gems.

Pablo Vitti was a great player in FM06, but he never made it to a higher level. Taking from his wikipedia page: "Vitti was an integral part of the Argentina Under-20 squad that won the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship in the Netherlands. Vitti's time with the Argentina youth programs he was considered to be one of Argentina's top prospects on the same level as Lionel Messi and Sergio Agüero his fellow teammates on the winning U-20 team."

Pablo Vitti was a great player in FM06, but he never made it to a higher level. Taking from his wikipedia page: "Vitti was an integral part of the Argentina Under-20 squad that won the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship in the Netherlands. Vitti's time with the Argentina youth programs he was considered to be one of Argentina's top prospects on the same level as Lionel Messi and Sergio Agüero his fellow teammates on the winning U-20 team."

lol i just signed him in my second season of my Ross County Save, in the SPL and he is the clubs record signing of a huge 80k !! :)

Andri Sigþórsson back in 99/00!

My grandfather was a therapist for KR back then and the team would receive emails from CM players saying how good he was in the game, I thought that was very funny. Do you guys still send emails out to teams that have -9 pot. players? :p

When I was young I would always sign him because he was Icelandic and he was godlike

His brother, Kolbeinn Sigþórsson is now playing for Ajax. He's probably going to be better than Eidur Gudjohnsen IRL.

jeeso, just checked Wiki to see where Fabio Paim is, hes playing for Angolan League team. random or what?!

Well, Angola is a former Portuguese colony, so there is some relation at least.

Can we stop with the silly arguing or I'll give you all a warning. You're ruining the thread and it's getting on me nerves a bit :).

People have different opinions, if you don't agree fine it would be a boring world if we all agreed. But at the same time just remember it's their opinion and there entitled to it just like you are. But no need to ruin a thread by dragging stuff on. If you want to do that take it to PM.

Debating is fine but when you end up telling people 'they are wrong' for having a different opinion then its gone a bit far.

Fabio Paim is one that hasn't been mentioned so far. Also a Greek striker called Savas Stavridis fired me to a few league titles with Spurs, he seems to be playing for SV Hellenen Waiblingen somewhere in lower-league Germany these days.
jeeso, just checked Wiki to see where Fabio Paim is, hes playing for Angolan League team. random or what?!
Well, Angola is a former Portuguese colony, so there is some relation at least.
yes it was

here the kid on fm12

fbiopaimoverviewprofile.png

how bout half the swedish players in 99/00 - 00/01? pretty much anyone who played for AIK would become great....
i agree with that! Sweden made loads around that time, patrick orbrog are something like that forgot what team though

Can we stop with the silly arguing or I'll give you all a warning. You're ruining the thread and it's getting on me nerves a bit :).

People have different opinions, if you don't agree fine it would be a boring world if we all agreed. But at the same time just remember it's their opinion and there entitled to it just like you are. But no need to ruin a thread by dragging stuff on. If you want to do that take it to PM.

Debating is fine but when you end up telling people 'they are wrong' for having a different opinion then its gone a bit far.

If only more forums were moderated like this. Great work Cleon. :applause:

i agree with that! Sweden made loads around that time, patrick orbrog are something like that forgot what team though

I used to sign a fair few keepers from them, the names escape me though :(

Lars "Mads" Jørgensen never filled his potential like he used to on FM. I think injuries IRL hampered him though.

I used to sign a fair few keepers from them, the names escape me though :(

Lars "Mads" Jørgensen never filled his potential like he used to on FM. I think injuries IRL hampered him though.

true was meant to be the new Laudrup's great attacking mid form aab

just remembered Antti Okkonen, Igor Petkovic (Swedish 16 year old Defender) and Joppe Kangaskopsi

Oh and the "Free Transfer" legends Ze De Angola & Lloyd Kammeron. 12+ years without a club and they still manage to keep their amazing stats and stay on the games database

Andri Sigþórsson back in 99/00!

My grandfather was a therapist for KR back then and the team would receive emails from CM players saying how good he was in the game, I thought that was very funny. Do you guys still send emails out to teams that have -9 pot. players? :p

When I was young I would always sign him because he was Icelandic and he was godlike

His brother, Kolbeinn Sigþórsson is now playing for Ajax. He's probably going to be better than Eidur Gudjohnsen IRL.

I saw him play once, was on holiday in Akuyeri (sp) and nothing else to do, so watched an Icelandic Premier game. The only interesting thing all game was that Sigþórsson was playing (badly).

without arguing, i would have to disagree about including Khouma Babacar as he is still under 20/21 and has time on his hands to fufill his potential.
Fair point, but I would be very surprised if he became even half the player he was in FM11. He was ridiculous in that game, probably the closest thing to Ronaldo (the Brazilian).

Ibrahima Bakayoko - The Messi of today. Used to get him on CM03/CM4 from Marseille. Was just a beast, EVERY big team where interested in him at the start of the games. Turned out to have like a 3-1 converstion rate for me at one stage.

Please either post on topic, or don't bother - we don't need any arguments. It's a fun topic, anyway - and for me, it's always going to be Nii Lamptey or even better, Neil Lennon...:)

This as aimd at me I take it seen as my posts were delted?

Well fair enough, I was a bit daft and arsey with my posts before, so I apologise to anyone I cheesed off.

------------------

As for the topic, I'll add the name Stefan Selaković. Was available very cheap on Championshi Manager 00/01 and was fantastic.