FM12: Looking For Thread

Club: Wolves

Budget: £Any for right player, maybe up to £15m

Looking for: MR/AMR

With: Pace, skills, crossing, runs at opponents

Other: Should be young and be good already in position to be trained into an even better player. Shaqiri has gone to Inter, Hoilett not looking like what I want, Willian gone to Naopli (heard he can be retrained). Oscar at Internacional looks good, anyone had any joy with him?

Season: Will be end of season 3 next window. Currently still in FA and league cup, first knock out stage of champions league, and on course to win the Prem, so hopefully I'll be an attractive club to move to.

Loyalty Bonus: any

Agent Fee: any

Cheers :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about Iturbe for the wing? He'll probably come a bit over 8M USD, but will be worth every penny. Possible to get him on a season long loan instead, with the option to buy later.

For CB, if you want homegrown, there's Craig Dawson from West Brom, he'll be about 4-5M, I would guess (was £3.2M for me). Otherwise you could try the Serbian's, Cosic and Savic (not the city one).

Looking at Iturbe, but the pace is a bit lower than I'd prefer. Might still spring for him, if he is interested. Thanks! I am also re-scouting Cosic to see if his work permit situation has improved.

Team: Celtic

Season: Start of 2012/13

Posistion: Goalkeeper

Value: Up to £1.8mill or on-loan, Wages no more than 10k

Looking for a keeper that is either first choice and better than Lukasz Zaluska, or young who can go on to be really good but adequate cover. Loan deals are also an option

Club: Man U

Budget: around £40m, may be able to go higher

Looking for: AMR

With: Pace, Acceleration, Dribbling, Crossing and Determination

Season: Coming up to end of 2nd

Loyalty Bonus: n/a

Agent fee: n/a

I'm looking to sell Nani and/or Young, as I don't feel they offer enough, and their determination isn't high enough to be tutors. I would like a RW to be first choice. Valencia is currently, but he is patchy. Should be in his prime, a top player, and should also be an out and out winger, so not Hazard, Goetze, etc.

Esteban Granero is a fantastic choice, he'll be very cheap and is highly reliable, too. check the Real Madrid thread to see his performances with me as an out and out winger at AMR.

also look at Junior Hoilett, Vladimir Weiss and even Alex Chamberlain if he's developed well on your game.

I'll have a gander at AOC, but Hoilett isn't what I'm looking for really. TBH, Granero isn't really pacy enough for what I want either. I'm currently thinking either Krasic or Salvio. Krasic can tutor now, which is a bonus, and is the better player now, but Salvio has a lot of potential. I'm looking at this plenty in advance, I'm only in March, but I want to make sure I get the right guy, and there aren't too many top class winger wingers on the right. Most of them are more suited to IF roles imo.

I have no standout regens on the wings, but one may appear, and then I would have a ready made tutor (trying to get all my squad at 17+ determination, currently only Nani, Young and Berbatov let me down, so I was going to get rid of them for next year :)

Club: Spurs

Cash: 11m

Position needed: LB

Season: first Jan transfer window

Ricardo Rodriguez, Spanish left back, about 19 at the start of the game I think. I've just bought him for my Wolves team (at teh start of seaon 3) from Napoli for £10m (though he starts at a Swiss club). Very promising stats, will come in and do a solid job and jsut get better from there. Has won several Young Player of the Month in his first season. Solid. Also, a strong, and very cheap, backup would be Luca Antonelli from Genoa. Got him for 800k at start of my second sesaon, and was solid throughout, has had the likes of Roma, Juventus, Lyon and Althletic Madrid interested in him. Well worth a look.

I'll have a gander at AOC, but Hoilett isn't what I'm looking for really. TBH, Granero isn't really pacy enough for what I want either. I'm currently thinking either Krasic or Salvio. Krasic can tutor now, which is a bonus, and is the better player now, but Salvio has a lot of potential. I'm looking at this plenty in advance, I'm only in March, but I want to make sure I get the right guy, and there aren't too many top class winger wingers on the right. Most of them are more suited to IF roles imo.

I have no standout regens on the wings, but one may appear, and then I would have a ready made tutor (trying to get all my squad at 17+ determination, currently only Nani, Young and Berbatov let me down, so I was going to get rid of them for next year :)

What about Nicolas Gaitain? Can play naturally as an AMR or AML, plus he's pretty good at AMC as well. Plenty of pace, great dribbler and crosser plus has 17 Determination.

Club: Everton

Budget: £1,000,000 - £6,000,000 Preferably for both

Looking for: AML & AMR (Donovan was bought in but preferred as a striker)

With: Good overall stats, but preferably one with huge amounts of pace

Season: First season Jan coming up, MAY just be able to hold out until second season

Thanks a bunch ladies and gents.

check if adam johnson has been getting regular football at man city ? because if worst comes to worst and you cant find anyone in jan then hold out till summer - he usually goes on the transfer list towards the end of the season and is available for around 5m

I made a loan bit for Santana from Napoli but he's lacking. I shall see what i can do in terms of Johnson.

MORE OPTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

What about Nicolas Gaitain? Can play naturally as an AMR or AML, plus he's pretty good at AMC as well. Plenty of pace, great dribbler and crosser plus has 17 Determination.

Thanks, I'll take a look

Season: First season Jan coming up, MAY just be able to hold out until second season

For AML, you should be able to get Urby Emanuelsen (sp?) on loan from AC Milan - I had him on loan for Utd when I had a winger injury crises and he did really well, was almost tempted to make it permanent, and in real life I would have.

ALso, for around 5m, you can have Matt Phillips, he's top quality.

Eduardo Salvio at Atletico Madrid, he was languishing in the reserves during first season on one of my saves. His workrate and teamwork are a bit lacking but he has plenty pace and flair. Plus he can still improve so you should be able to work on some of the areas he's lacking. My scouts reckoned he'd have cost us about 2.5 - 3 million to sign. (That's just a scout report mind).

Chelsea might be looking to offload Salomon Kalou, and he can play either flank. He's getting on a bit but have a look at Ze Roberto as well, has some fantastic attributes for a player his age (still had pace over 15 on my save) and would be a great tutor I'm sure. Gonzalo Castro might still be available for the tiny release clause if he hasn't signed a new contract, or been sold.

If you can hang on to the next season just about take a look at the likes of Vaclav Pilar and Thiago Neves, I think they both start on season long loans and Neves is more of an AMC, but he has the pace and crossing ability to do a good job on the wing.

If it's still early enough in the transfer window Milan Badelj, Andile Jali or Bressan.

Also Kim Kallstrom and Esteban Granero were available fairly cheaply during first season on my Newcastle save, the Brazilian midfielder Ze Roberto might be worth a look for a season as well. He's getting on a bit but still had some excellent stats. (as I mentioned above :D)

Club:West Ham

Budget: 4mill

Looking for:DL/WBL

With: pace

Other :need a player who will do good job in Prem when I get promoted

Season: 1

See if Rodriguez from Zurich will come. He's only 18, so will get better and better, and he is good anyway.

Club:Newcastle

Budget: 7mill

Looking for: Attacking Mids/CM

Other: Need to get some cheap, quality players to add depth to a 4-2-3-1. I can go higher than 7mil if I spread over 48.

Yttegard Jenssen from Tromso, if he hasn't been snapped up already. £3m should get him, and he's very professional, so improves very quickly.

See if Rodriguez from Zurich will come. He's only 18, so will get better and better, and he is good anyway.

Yeah I looked at him, off top of my head I dont think he would come, or I might have been priced out of a move. Ended up with a lad called Curri, been solid first couple of games. Also brought in Lee Young Pyo as free agent just as a backup.

Club: Internazionale

Budget: € 34M / willing to pay monthly so this number can be higher

Looking for: Striker

Priority: Lethal in front of goal

Window: Summer 2012

Money is not a problem but I'd like this signing to be 26-28 years old if possible. I have Niang coming through the ranks but I'm not willing to make him my main striker. Don't bother saying Cavani, already tried

Club: Internazionale

Budget: € 34M / willing to pay monthly so this number can be higher

Priority: Lethal in front of goal

Window: Summer 2012

Money is not a problem but I'd like this signing to be 26-28 years old if possible. I have Niang coming through the ranks but I'm not willing to make him my main striker. Don't bother saying Cavani, already tried

He's only 22 but Damiao. Otherwise Falcao.

Club:wigan

Budget: £~8M

Looking for: 2 players mc(bwm) and st(poacher)

With: mc(bwm): offtheball influence

st(poacher): creativity teamwork

Season: Start of the summer of the 1rd season

Hi Gents

Am looking for

Club:Crewe Alexandra (promoted to L1)

Budget:500k

Looking For: DM

With:don't mind if a seasoned 35 yr old or a promising 19 yr old. Just need them to perform for this season.

Season:2nd Summer close season

Do you have a parent club? Would've thought a loan might be your best option? Maybe Jordon Mutch or someone like that.

Club: Mallorca

Budget: 6mil

With: Experience, Determination (basically good tutor qualities) - not a target man

Other: Want him to still be good and have a decent resale value. Will probably only keep him for one year. He will start around half the games, rotating with my newgen "the next Raul" who I want to give the best tutelage possible (Raul's contract runs out end of next season so he'll be high on my list of targets!)

Season: End of Season 2.

Loyalty Bonus: Reasonable

Agent Fee: Reasonable

He'll be playing alongside newly signed Diego Tardelli so someone to complement that would be great. My strikers only got 13 league goals between them last year so going for a total overhaul up front.

Club: Portsmouth

Budget: About £5million

Looking for: LB

With: Ideally pace, but my main criteria is that they are able to go straight into the starting eleven.

Season: End of season 2.

I have a curse of LBs - everyone I've tried to replace Stephen Jordan with has been a nightmare. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Do you have a parent club? Would've thought a loan might be your best option? Maybe Jordon Mutch or someone like that.
Everton are my parent club with no one who fits the bill, however I landed Craig Eastmond from Arsenal on load who is ideal and can also cover LB. I also landed Billy Sharp for 500k with the money I saved and he has banged in 3 hat tricks in the first four games!

Club: Arsenal

Budget: 20mill

Looking for: Advanced Playmaker Attack

With: Passing,Creativity,Technique

Other:

Loyalty Bonus:any

Agent Fee:any

Eden Hazard, Douglas Costa, Ganso, Felipe Anderson, Jovetic, Hamsik, Christian Eriksen. Take your pick!

Club: Peterborough United

Budget: 2M Pounds (dont have problems paying with 48 month payments)

Looking for: ST, LB

With: Wide Array of abilities

Other: Salarys not more than 10K per week

Season:July 2011

Loyalty Bonus: Any

Agent Fee:Any

Hi guys. looking a fast lb/rb for arsenal. lb coz i dont rate gibbs or santos and a rb for backup future replacement for sagna. Start of second season. any price wage etc. Thanks

Aly Cissokho and Roberto Canella were the two left backs I signed for Arsenal, both pretty quick. Martin Montoya at Barcelona is a young right back with quite a bit of potential and his contract expires at end of the 1st season, so there's a good chance of picking him up free in the summer. Sime Vrsaljko would probably be an obvious choice to snap up at start of the 1st season though, shouldn't cost too much either.

EDIT: Doh!! forget that last bit just realised you're in start of second season, sorry

Club: Doncaster Rovers

Budget: £300k

Looking for: Goalkeeper

With: Stats good enough for league one.

Other: Low wages

Season: Second

Loyalty Bonus: -

Agent Fee: -

Joe Lewis? At Peterborough and on £5k p/w for me. Failing that try Jak Alnwick from Newcastle, develops into a top class Premiership 'keeper given the playing time.

I really struggle to choose which striker should i buy for my Udinese team in first season' date=' January transfer window.

I have 6 milions € to spend.[/font']

have you bought or sold any players already? or is it the starting set up you have?

Joe Lewis? At Peterborough and on £5k p/w for me. Failing that try Jak Alnwick from Newcastle, develops into a top class Premiership 'keeper given the playing time.

Joe Lewis would cost more than £300k and if he's still out of contract at the end of the first season, it's highly unlikely he'll want to drop down to League One. Saying that, I can't think of many players. If he's available on a free, possibly try Paul Smith? The Forest keeper.

Club: Sunderland

Budget: £58M

Looking for: DM

With: Big, strong tackler and can pick out a good pass too.

Other: No-one high profile as I cannot attract many players yet

Season: 4th (September 2014)

Loyalty Bonus: -

Agent Fee: -

Archived