Henrik4

Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

7,993 posts in this topic

I do like the idea of being offered the Under 21 job though for a country! Whomever suggested it, I thank you

It'd give a manager in League 1/Championship an English Manager job to aim for.

[quote]Originally posted by i Love United:
will any of these ideas actually be in fm08 or are they just ignored? it needs loads added to make it worth buying for £30. [/quote]

Rubbish, what other game can give you 100's of hours of play for 30 quid (or less if you buy online)......Muppet...

Scott M

[quote]Originally posted by raymondo267:
as some have said, the inability to field an inalegible player, but face disiplinary action if caught.
but if this was implemented, there should be a warning before you go to match, that your about to field an inilegible player. [/quote]

Nope, there can be nothing in the game that advocates rule breaking.....

Scott M

---Fix the Euro Vase bug in network games where the host gets the application for the other player, and the other player only gets his. Really annoying.

---Have a residency countdown timer, would help a lot.

---Make the awards a bit more realistic.

---Stop the defence making like 20 mistakes in every game, this doesn't happen in Premiership football.

---Make it so if you appeal against a ban and the decision was incorrect the ban gets revoked.

---U16's perhaps?

---Make it so if you reject an enquiry the club who asked it doesn't come back three days later, that is so ****ing irritating! Also, why do clubs keep asking how much they want for a player when you have their transfer status set as unavailable for transfer? It's as if this is purely cosmetic now... fix that.

There's a lot more really but i can't think of them at the moment.

Hopefully SI reads this and realizes the amount of flaws that are in the game.

[quote]Originally posted by ScottM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by i Love United:
will any of these ideas actually be in fm08 or are they just ignored? it needs loads added to make it worth buying for £30. [/quote]

Rubbish, what other game can give you 100's of hours of play for 30 quid (or less if you buy online)......Muppet...

Scott M </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Counter-strike Source and generally any other FPS or any other RTS game such as the CnC series. Oh and games like WoW.

[img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Perhaps being able to accuse other sides of deliberately trying to injure your players [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] - I manage Arsenal and England (some might say that's an irony), and when I was managing in one international I had, in the course of the match, three strikers injured, all of whom were good penalty takers. Guess what? The match came down to spot kicks, and my penalty-takers had penalty-taking attributes starting at 12 and ending at 5.

1- be able to search the attributes you want to check out, ie 2 from attacking, 1 defending,1 mental etc
2- Certain players being booed and abused by rival fans and making a very hostile atmosphere for the away side ie Lampard away to West Ham and Rooney away to Everton
3- Player brawls and crowd violence
4-The ability to loan player back to the club you have just bought him from (ideal for younger players)

I like the ideas of have matches postponed due to the weather like in Scotland you get matches cancelled because of the bad weather. Or having matches abandoned due to the weather.

[quote]Originally posted by Milhouse1980:
I like the ideas of have matches postponed due to the weather like in Scotland you get matches cancelled because of the bad weather. Or having matches abandoned due to the weather. [/quote]

Both features you just mentioned were in CM. [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I've briefly looked through and something similar ahs been mentioned by notwichguy, sorry.

[quote]Originally posted by hammondtime:
1- be able to search the attributes you want to check out, ie 2 from attacking, 1 defending,1 mental etc
[/quote]

You've been able to do a search for attributes since... CM2

Give the option to take the first team squad on a training camp, like with rafa benitez and the portugal trip before barcelona. I think it would be good and would increase morale in the team before a big match, like the example i gave, you can choose the length and to which location you go to. Also make it more realistic buying and selling prices. Paying 20mil (including bonuses/add ons) for Dani Alves was to me extremely unrealistic considering the price being touted around for him atm and having nobody in the premier league, serie a, primera liga wanting to buy craig bellamy, who i feel is a useful striker but not up to liverpool standards (my opinion, for my game) was also unrealistic

More emphasis on reputations growing or shrinking due to to current club/manager status. Eg; Conference sides getting to the Premiership would start forming rivalries with big local sides. Say, for instance if Dagenham + Redbridge got to the Prem, they could become West Ham's main rivals, if they were both up there for a while.
If this makes little sense, forgive me. Lack of sleep.
Also; not losing almost all your reputation after a great career if you take a job at a small club.

I was thinking of telling your team certain things in the team talk for example shoot on sight in the first 20 minutes or keep it tight. But I realise this would be hard as you would have to give another team talk after 20 minutes and I'm aware you could just edit your tactics to eveyone shoot often then change them but it wwas more of a short cut.

I think that manager's trends of substitutions should be put in, if tha tmakes sense. Like for example, Chester's manager Mark Wright tends to make subs late on in the match (correct nme if Im wrong). And then Jose Mourinho who sin't afraid to make a sub after 32 minutes if things aren't goin his way. I think that if manager's styles of subs were put in, it would be more realistic and you would get your own style aswell.

It would be kinda cool to create players. Like just name someone after a friend or something and just watch them mature into world class players. That would be interesting in my opinion. [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Ability to send player to reserves with specific request to get him match fit.

[quote] It would be kinda cool to create players. Like just name someone after a friend or something and just watch them mature into world class players. That would be interesting in my opinion [/quote]

You can already do that with the data editor!!!

Dribbling. Dribbling need's a total revamp.
IMPROVE DRIBBLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote]Originally posted by Michael Osmann:
The possibilty to see the club teams "star player/s". This feature was actually included in older versions of CM/FM. A star icon always showed beside the star player. I wanted back!!! [/quote]

Correction: Not "wanted back" but I want it back [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The editor comes with the game. Try finding it under

C:\Programs\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007

The editor icon is called: fm data editor.exe

[quote]Originally posted by raymondo267:
as some have said, the inability to field an inalegible player, but face disiplinary action if caught.
but if this was implemented, there should be a warning before you go to match, that your about to field an inilegible player. [/quote]

This is a rubbish idea and I won't be buying the game if it is implemented.

A manager who did this knowingly would be sacked, or harshly fined by his club, regardless of whether or not he was caught by the F.A.

I often accidentally use the same line-up as the game before and hit go to match when I shouldn't, I could be docked points for this if I accidentally click yes when it tells me I have someone inelligable fielded? What a load of horse ****.

FM doesn't have a register list for UK league games, this is where you see it happen, not in the CL, it's players who don't have F.A. Licenses to play or don't have club contracts, not for CL matches.

I want to see the ability to train players for specific attributes, I want to train defenders to head, but I don't want to have to train them to dribble at the same time.

[quote]I was thinking of telling your team certain things in the team talk for example shoot on sight in the first 20 minutes or keep it tight. But I realise this would be hard as you would have to give another team talk after 20 minutes and I'm aware you could just edit your tactics to eveyone shoot often then change them but it wwas more of a short cut. [/quote]

Great Idea, simply implement the current team talk into 15 minute groups. For instance, Home Games - Attacking (0-15m) Normal (16-30m) Hold (31-45m). With the ability to alter via Quick Tactics if the game isn't going to plan.

I would like to see the ability to play individual matches where you could choose two sides and experiment with players, instructions, and tactics. You could see which teams were good and which one you want to try in a proper game. It could just be a separate option from starting a new game.

I know you can already do this by arranging friendlies but then you have to load the database to start new game and/or find a free day on your fixture lists and then wait for that day to come round.

Wouldn't it be great to just dive right in for some extra pratice without waiting, or scheduling?

Being able to draw up plans for set pieces using arrows for player runs, passes etc. Could be great fun. [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[quote]Originally posted by tomsmith1989:
Hi.
I don't know if this has been brought forward already but I think it would be good if you could have:

-The ability to choose which season you start in. For example instead of starting in the 06/07 season, you begin in the 09/10 season. All the attributes/player retirements/winners of cups etc.. would be changed accordingly.
-Also the ability to start a few seasons back with the correct teams/stats etc.. for example play the 00/01 season again.

or something like that. [/quote]

1. You can already start in the future, just go on holiday until whenever you want.

2. It would require a lot of data and research
to do this which would also take up a lot of time and resources for SI. It wouldn't really be worth it IMO.

Valuations of players who arnt even that good ending up extrodinerily high... being cut back.

There has been a number of players with semi ok ability being sold for £56m or so and spending one season at a club, then being sold to the next. Perfect example. Falco went to Madrid, then Barca, then a rich Roma and then United..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With reguards to relationships, it seems if you have a poor relationship with a rival then you cant buy a player from there team, yet there more than willing to buy a player from you and the relationship not to improve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When bidding, you always pay over the odds, usually double the price for a player, yet whenever a team bids for yours (even with long contract) they still bid under or jus around the actual value...

Thanx, keep up the good work

something i mentioned on another thread was having more incidents with goalkeepers - i.e. being sent off for handling otuisde the box or for taking someone down outside the box i.e like Jens Lehmann in the champions league final

That would be a good idea. Will FM2008 have a higher minimum spec than FM2007? Would like to know, as may need to upgrade PC if so!

[quote]Originally posted by AfterDeath:
Being able to draw up plans for set pieces using arrows for player runs, passes etc. Could be great fun. [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [/quote] Indeedly so, I like the sound of that! And I also like an idea on pg 16 about being able to read a clubs fanzine so this inspired me to an idea. I would like to see programmes before the matches, and if you're the home manager you get to write the manager's opinion of todays opponents and your recent form.

I would also like to be able to give a press release that isn't an interview, to say things like 'I am really thankful of the fans input recently' and 'You're eagerly anticipating the erby game...' or whatever!

I would just like to see an improvement in the international game honestly. There's all these U23 or U19 teams, yet not enough play with them. The AI doesn't even schedule them some friendlies.

[quote]This is a rubbish idea and I won't be buying the game if it is implemented. [/quote]

A bit extreme eh?

Anyway - I think a few little touches wouldn't be bad, we all know team talks could be spiced up a bit, and perhaps a few more 'off the field' things, for example whoever has got divorced and has a lower morale, or perhaps (stupid as it sounds) fears?

For example Dennis Bergkamp had a fear of flying and would either take the train, or drive to European matches. It could be more annoying than not - imagine you get the next Theirry Henry only to find he has a fear of flying so you have lost him for European games...

Wierd but hey

Maybe if you have an injured player that has to go off your assistant manager can suggest which player to have in the injured players position or maybe a change of formation

I would like to see real 'tapping' of players, not just being able to tell them they are good. You should be able to talk to the player and their agent withhout anyone else knowing and be able to get fined if anyone finds out.

[quote]Originally posted by Dreaded Walrus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gingerbread Man:
[B]Offer Open Trials[/B]

One feature that I think would be a great addition for FM2008 would be the ability to advertise an open trial for your club.

What this means is players who are free agents would approach you with a view to joining your club on trial, usually in the summer for pre seasobn training.

It could be implemented in a similar way for advertising for staff.

I know this system is used regularly in real life and would be particularly useful for lower division clubs where player turnover is high. [/quote]

This.

Also, it would also be a good secondary way for the engine to introduce new regens into the game, as youngsters that had not been "discovered" yet (regardless of quality) could come and try out for a club, and if good enough, get the nod, or try out at a different club. I would love to see this feature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah this would be great. Your assistant manager and scouts can draw up a short list of players who could step up and make the grade and then its up to you if you want to offer them contracts.

Thses trials can happen maybe at the beginning of the season, around xmas and also towards the end of the season when players who's contracts are about to run out can go to trials.

Also there should be more youth team e.g U'12s and 13s so you can track players progress from a young age.

[quote]Originally posted by gse0x8:
you should be able to negotiate deals with different sponsors and your team shirt should change to accomodate the sponsor name [/quote]

but what about teams like stoke who's sponsors are the stadium name too it would be a hassle changing it but a good suggestion

more personal things on your manager profile like on 2003 where you had a wife,

maybe you could have more family on it and not just sons

and also the ability to do something with your wages maybe fund the club or put them towards your next transfer if your short

also if your club is cash strapped the ability to go public and ask some of your players to take a pay cut

last but not least, you could be able to arrange PA events like training camps and youth days where you can trial youths and youth coach handles signings

now some people will say i have heard them 2 before and you have i posted a thread with them in called '' Yet Another Suggestion For FM08''

Next Years Game Could We Possibly See On The PS3

Havent read previous 18 pages so don't know if already been mentioned but :

ability to put pressure on ref ( like Ferguson, Mourinho etc) bye saying stuff such as "I hope he is fair at their place" when you have a game away from home coming up. Basically "Ref interaction"

Also the ability to give your players a talk before subbing them into the game.

Something else I would like to see in the game.

Why can I sign a player who doesn't get a WP and farm them out to a feeder club to get EU citizenship. If they need a new contract during their time out on loan if they fail to get a WP they don't sign a new contract. Why can they sign an initial contract when the WP has been rejected but can't sign an extension if the WP gets rejected again? Maybe it's part of the rules for the WP in the UK, but either way it makes no sense.

[quote]Originally posted by chopra_hill:
Havent read previous 18 pages so don't know if already been mentioned but :

ability to put pressure on ref ( like Ferguson, Mourinho etc) bye saying stuff such as "I hope he is fair at their place" when you have a game away from home coming up. Basically "Ref interaction" Also the ability to give your players a talk before subbing them into the game. [/quote]

As above sounds like a good idea, also if its been mentioned i apologise but these are my thoughts:

It would be nice if and when a player from for eg charlton, have a player injured(Right winger) in the media you can directly from the screen offer them a player(pennant)to fill in on loan from your club, especially if said charlton manager is on friendly terms with you.

Also when a club(s) compete for players on loan from your club and you accept Loan to (Sunderland), then after 25+ matches and numerous reloans by said club the player has helped in a championship winning side, become a stalwart of the defence and eventually was their captain,their manager Roy keane shouldnt still think your an A**hole, but actually thank you, increasing your reputation and respect further.
And my player hated it, learned nothing
Keano your gonna regret it,
Watch out sunderland next year!!!

Also when you do a partial name search it would be nice to be able to arrange the list in A-Z format, age.

And bring back the old addition of choosing which certain attributes you want,but able to choose maybe a set number, say like you want pace, finishing, heading and technique of 15 but you'll accept 3 out of the four requested attributes. I think this was in CM 03/04, and worked well.

There should be a lot more young players with amzing stats even from the beginning but not too mnay obviously because in my game they are always average or rubbish and I end up releasing them.

Also the Ass man always says their contract is not worth renewing. Also, with older players he says the same thing but he should mabe say that perhaps their experience will be of benefit

I'd really love to have an option to sign Brazillian/Belarussian(sp?)/Belgian under 18's on pre-contracts. It's happened irl with Man Utd arranging the transfer of the two 15 year old Brazillian twins from Fluminense. It would make it easier to poach players but since it does happen irl it would add another degree of realism. Or it could kill the fun. Depends on how you see it.

I would like to see on the league screen something like this.

[url="http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D1/runin.html"]Link[/url]

Sort out the following in the match engine which really makes me wonder if I should be spending so much time on this game:-

1. An attacker runs down the wing - the keeper comes miles off his line and stands there like an idiot leaving a gaping hole at the near post - the attacker shoots....yes and there's yet another hideously unrealistic long range near-post strike.

2. Your attacker has the ball at an extreme angle near the goal - there's a teammate at the edge of the 6 yard box with an open goal in front of him - does your striker square it or shoot into the side netting? I wonder...why its the side netting option! Does the ai striker do this five minutes later? Of course not. (The fanboys will be out in force telling me its my tactics, I keep buying players with low teamwork and the ai can't "cheat". Yeah, right).

3. An opposition striker takes a shot, it bounces off the keeper back into the dangerzone - why...it goes straight to another opposition striker - it bounces off my keeper or the woodwork - why...look at that it's gone straight to ANOTHER one of their players - goal - what a surprise. Btw, on the rare occasion that a fumbled (why are fumbling keepers so prevalent?) save falls to one of my players he merely presents it genorously to an opposition striker, so as not to upset the flow, you understand.

4. These constant idiotic OWN GOALS! THEY ARE DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

Generally, the match engine's brilliant but these are BUGS no matter how hard you might try to blame tactics. It just doesn't happen irl at anything like the frequency. I noticed the first three points on FM6, so these are long-standing things.

What about individual orders being set for an individual rather than a position. So when you bring on your defensive midfielder to replace an attacking one for example, you dont have to spend 5 minutes setting up the player instructions.

[quote]Originally posted by philmrs:
What about individual orders being set for an individual rather than a position. So when you bring on your defensive midfielder to replace an attacking one for example, you dont have to spend 5 minutes setting up the player instructions. [/quote]

Everyone wants this option, its been discussed since the damwn of time! SI surely?