Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Just a minor change but i miss not being able to sign players on a month to month contract. It was great when you were a lower team to do this so you could try out players in the league. Instead you've got to sign them for the rest of the season and if you havent got a big wage budget you can end up stuck with a player that simply doesnt preform and not enough money to replace him

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also i would like to see a 'loan back' option when trying to sign a player.

Say for example you spot a decent youngster who is playing regularlly for his club it would be good if you could buy him on the condition that he is loaned back to that club for the ret of the season.

Originally posted by lloydy_wales:

Say for example you spot a decent youngster who is playing regularlly for his club it would be good if you could buy him on the condition that he is loaned back to that club for the ret of the season.

I often do that with players I buy from affiliates (if there is a loan option).

Or I try to use the "end of season" option, although the price is often much higher, or the club just flat out refuses.

wouldn't it make more sense that if you buy a player in january, and arrange the transfer for end of season, that they automatically count as being on loan from you at the club you bought them from ? would just look nicer !

also, can players have 'experience' bars, the same way we have knowledge bars? so you can see if a player has a lot of european or english league experience if that makes sense ? there should be more examples of players never adapting to a league as well, as at the moment, any player you buy from any league seems to have a reasonable chance of success. I wanna see someone sign a mateja kezman type player, who was awesome in his own league, but pants in england.

I also would like to be able to discuss international obligations with a player, I've played a game where tim cahill was out for four months, he just came back and was called up for australia ! where he promptly picked up an injury icon_frown.gif I wanna be able to say "don't rush back to play this game as it could affect your future."

can the media also speculate on player signings that are completely untrue? at the moment they'll speculate from your shortlist, it'd be cool to get something where a newspaper says you've nearly wrapped up a deal for a player, and your players get upset at the competition, despite the fact it's untrue like in real life !!

I'd also like to explain why players are missing matches, say for instance "I'm trying to keep you 100% for the Chelsea game" or "if you're not going to sign a new contract, you're not going to play"

Far too much to read through. I wonder if anyone from SI will actually get round to reading half of these ideas. Anyway:

Option to skip goal celebrations and the line after line after line of commentary whenever someone scores.

Option to skip players strolling halfway across the pitch for the referee to give them a yellow card.

Option to decide who scouts compare players to, what position they assess them for, and what attributes you consider more important. For example you can ask your scouts to favour central midfielders with high defensive attributes rather than creative attributes.

Option to view attributes using polygon rather than numbers by default.

Option to search for players using polygon.

Originally posted by lloydy_wales:

I agree with that, perhaps even loan him untila set date beyond the end of the season - so if you find a good 16, 17 year old who is playing regularly at his club you can loan him to them for a couple of seasons to get the experience, just so they aren't rotting in your reserves after season one because your struggling to get offers for him.

Just C+P from another topic.

I doubt this is an original request, but it is top of my priority list for future improvements.

I like to manage clubs that are in the top league, but are strugglers. So with a small transfer and wage budget normally, the solution to bringing in players is loans.

Now when it comes to January, this should be my salvation in the game. Free transfers galore. Yet because the loan wages are counted in the wage bill, it restricts my offer. In real life, a chairman would realise by the time these players come into the club, all my loanee's would be gone, which can free up a good bit extra in my wage budget, easily enough to give a decent wage to one or two players in January. But this is not the case in the game. It's not just free transfers, but those that you click to occur at the end of the season too.

I don't know how hard this would be to code in, but surely it's something that needs improving to make it more realistic?

This is something I've posted on another thread and I think could work well and i'd personally love it.

When I'm planning my set piece routines at the moment, I draw out on a piece of paper where I'm going to have all my players going. So why don't we have this in the game?

It would be easy enough to do. The screen could look like the tactics screen. You could drag your players where you want them and then have Rarrows or whatever showing them where you want them to run.

This would mean you're not just telling people to "attack front post" etc. but can get your pyayers dragging defenders out of position and having someone else running into the space etc. like a team would have IRL.

I think the whole "set pieces" side of things is very basic at the moment. Some teams IRL base their whole game around them (Bolton for example) but on here you can't really get one that is very realistic and well thought through.

You could then also get defensive routines as well. For example i could line all my players up on the edge of the box from a freekick and give them all FArrows with an option for "run out when ball's played". This would try and get the opposition offside and I think would add a lot of realism to the game AND add to the training schedules as well as you could get it so the routines are "learned" by your team after ppracticing it for a certain amount of time.

For example in the in-game menu you could have a drop down menu with set pieces option 1-5. You could name your routine practiced in training. After a week or two, this could appear on the screen and you can put it to full effect in the match.

These are just quick ideas that I've thought of recently, whilst setting up my set piece routines on 07. At the moment, they're pretty basic and useless IMO.

Don´t know if it´s been mentioned, but, the players should be able to ask, during contract negotiations, for a eg. Premiership-clause. If he´s playing at a lower level then he should be allowed to move clubs if the one's coming in for him is of Premiership status. A bit like Minimum-fee, but still not!

I dont know if this has been mentioned because couldnt be bothered to read through 15 or so pages. But I was thinking a player tracking system or something where say your ass man kept a track one of your players during the period of say 5 games and gave you a very deatailed report about him in that amount of time or if his on trail he could give you a report if his good or not andi f his fitting into the team. Also there could be a tutorial for begginers starting at a decent League 2 team and lead them through their first match. What do you think?

i think i would also like to be able to ask my physio for a report when a player gets injured in the game. Not so much for when they are stretchered off but for when they have the little green injury cross. Just a note from the physio saying "he's ok to continue" or "see how he gets on for 10mins" etc. it happens in real life and shouldnt be too hard to implement will it?

i would like to pick the squad of the U21's international team instead of the game doing it for me,, and also to be able to play with U19's.

And I think Sepp Blatter should be in the game, where he makes up ridiculous new rules and implements them. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Blackmama:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RJH10:

I'd like to see the board/fans/media recognise managerial milestones like your first, 50th, 100th game in charge etc.

They do mention your 300th, 500th and 1000th game in charge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they in fact do mention your 100th game in charge too

Guest Microwave
Originally posted by norwichaggy:

This is something I've posted on another thread and I think could work well and i'd personally love it.

When I'm planning my set piece routines at the moment, I draw out on a piece of paper where I'm going to have all my players going. So why don't we have this in the game?

It would be easy enough to do. The screen could look like the tactics screen. You could drag your players where you want them and then have Rarrows or whatever showing them where you want them to run.

This would mean you're not just telling people to "attack front post" etc. but can get your pyayers dragging defenders out of position and having someone else running into the space etc. like a team would have IRL.

I think the whole "set pieces" side of things is very basic at the moment. Some teams IRL base their whole game around them (Bolton for example) but on here you can't really get one that is very realistic and well thought through.

You could then also get defensive routines as well. For example i could line all my players up on the edge of the box from a freekick and give them all FArrows with an option for "run out when ball's played". This would try and get the opposition offside and I think would add a lot of realism to the game AND add to the training schedules as well as you could get it so the routines are "learned" by your team after ppracticing it for a certain amount of time.

For example in the in-game menu you could have a drop down menu with set pieces option 1-5. You could name your routine practiced in training. After a week or two, this could appear on the screen and you can put it to full effect in the match.

These are just quick ideas that I've thought of recently, whilst setting up my set piece routines on 07. At the moment, they're pretty basic and useless IMO.

definitely should be included. great idea. it surely can't be that difficult to code in because, like you say, it would be similar to the tactics screen.

Extra bonuses (mostly for LLM) for players should a cup-meeting with a big club occur. The gate receipts will be split into half as everyone know, and this could give a small club a huge financial addition, which in turn, could partly be handed out to the lower league team's players, as a bonus for helping the club making it that far in the Cup.

This would affect morale and maybe a few games performances and players' love for the club.

This could all depend on how generous the chairman who owns the club is!

I would love to be able to send my scouts to scout my affiliates players. Especially if I get first dibs on their youngsters. You used to be able to scout a single club. but it seems to be missing in FM07.

I never used it in earlier games, but now with the affiliates I really need it, everytime I get an offer to match bid, I have no idea if I should or not, because by the time I get a scout report its too late!

one definite improvement for FM 2008 is to be able to allocate part of the wage budget to transfer and vice versa midway through the season. i think this happens very often in real life.

what happens now is you can't plan for a wage budget and a transfer budget. an example is, i need a midfielder for next season, and i have 0.5 million for that. now what might happen is i get a good midfielder for 1 million, but the wage he asks is way below my wage budget. in such situations wasking the board to increase transfer funds does not help, although i might be 1 million under my wage budget and the player is asking for 0.5 million per annum. in this case what a real life manager would do is fund the 0.5 million transfer deficit by using 0.5 million from the wage budget. but fm does not let us do it.

On a players profile id like to see a "report" page (prolly best in misc with Notes) which would list all the reports generated for that player

Training

Scout

Coach

Physio

Ass.Man

etc.

Id also like to see a little more info in some of those reports, ie Ass.Man training report runs to "decent member of the squad" atm, id like to see "has worked hard in training this season but is unlikely to progress any further"

2p

One little thing that I would like is when starting a new game, if I wanted to retain players from a particular country or countries, we have to select them one at a time from a long list.

I would like it if they were either: -

In a list but separated into regions/continents (also the ability to select more than one at once by holding down Ctrl)

or

Like when you are choosing leagues, have filters that would remove unwanted countries

Unsure if this has been covered before, but how about a save game log.

Next time someone claims they dont cheat but end up winning every league and cup, they can prove this with a screenie that shows one save per month for example than say two per week.

Id like to see an improvement made to the tactics screen, specifically for the Individual Instructions.

It would be better if they were actually located on the player profile as they are meant to be specific for that player, and then loaded from there if the player is selected in the starting 11+subs

eg 2 MC's

MC1

Passing 15

Crossing 15

Finishing 7

Longshots 6

MC2

Passing 9

Crossing 8

Finishing 12

Longshots 18

Obviously the II's for Longshots, Throughballs & Crossing Instructions need to be different for each of the MC's, but at the moment if you sub MC1 for MC2 and forget (in the heat of the game) to alter the II's in the tactics window your game is going to suffer from that point.

Although it means increasing the database size slightly due to more stored data, it will help when customising the standard tactics to suit your team better.

+2p

In the early days of CM/FM, you could see in your upper bar with the positions if a player was selected but unavailable (the position became red iirc).

This was very handy when using the unavailable-filter (so you don't have to turn on/off your filters constantly), but the feature dissapeared one day... So my simple question: can it come back in future versions?

Originally posted by somebodyfresh:also, can players have 'experience' bars, the same way we have knowledge bars? so you can see if a player has a lot of european or english league experience if that makes sense ? there should be more examples of players never adapting to a league as well, as at the moment, any player you buy from any league seems to have a reasonable chance of success. I wanna see someone sign a mateja kezman type player, who was awesome in his own league, but pants in england.

Have to agree. What's the first thing Championship clubs do upon promotion to the Premiership? They sign experienced Permier League players. So why is it that, I get prooted, I sign experienced premiership players (Butt, Giggs, Sheringham, Stone, for example) and they still can't perform. I know they're all getting on a bit and have lost some ability, but shouldn't their experience count for something in a 'whole team' sense? If I've got 7 youngsters and those four, shouldn#'t their experience galvanise the squad? Instead, all that happens is the game sees them as 'bad players' and penalises me for it.

Originally posted by wout:

In the early days of CM/FM, you could see in your upper bar with the positions if a player was selected but unavailable (the position became red iirc).

This was very handy when using the unavailable-filter (so you don't have to turn on/off your filters constantly), but the feature dissapeared one day... So my simple question: can it come back in future versions?

I´d also like to see the position become red when a player is selected!

Two things for when u start a game:

1. And also during the patch updates have all the transfer window signings go through on the actual date they signed for the club like a future transfer. When Matthew Upson scored the winner against me for West Ham when IRL at that time he wouldn't have been playing for them it really ****ed me off!

2. Smaller budgets at the start of the game for each team. It should be taken into account that most teams have done their spending without being able to sign another load of players. I.e. Chelsea signed Daniel Alves, Cambiasso and Adriano b4 the start of the season after buying Cole, ballack, Shevchenko etc.

1. The regens/freds should be created in the game on the base of already existing players. Like you get a youngster that plays a MR and he is touted to be the next David Beckham, he actually becomes Beckham but under a different name, nationality. (i hope u understand the point i want to make.)

2. To be able to give individual tactic-instructions to the player, not to the position. (i know this has been asked a million times from diferent people and probably will be implemented in next game.)

3. When a patch is released with the transfer window, the transfers should go through on the actual dates. And a great addition to this would be to be able to cancel the future-transfers at the club you're managing, maybe I don't want to sign Vidic and Evra in January (an example from FM06)

4. Details of various league and international records and club history so u can see how your team and players are doing compared to the records and club history.

5. To be able to talk to the chairmen and ask him for a minimal raise in the transfer budget when you are desperate to sign a player that costs 10 milion, and you only have 9.

6. More answer-options for the media (more media build up before important matches).

7. Team-talks, four team-talks: one at the start of the game, second at the half-time, third for the second half and fourth for the whole game. (like when you say at the start of the game "I expect a win", you are down 2:0 at halftime and you say "You better shape up or ship-out", then you finish losing the game 2:1 but your team has played their hearts out u should be able to comment on the secong half as "YOu were great, but we we're unlucky" and to give a whole match impression "You messed it up, it better not happen again".)

8. Substitution player-talk like "Go there and don't let player X out of your sight". And the things you say to the players in team-talks and sub.-player talks actually have some reasonable effect on the players not only: "Nothing specified" and "Didn't seem to be listening".

9. Every nation has a special style of playing football. You manage in Serie A and the teams play defensive, low-pace football, when you play in Premiership the teams play typical English direct, fast-pace football.

10. When you start as manager you should be able to make your own history playing and managing.

11. You're buying a young great player at 16-17 that is regular in his own team, there should be a posibility to offer the club you're buying from to have the player on loan for 1 or 2 seasons to get some first-team action.

12. Teams that already bought 2-3 high profile players during the summer, should not be able to spend 90-100 milion dollars for buying yet another 1-2 great players when u start the game. Even Abramovich knows when to quit.

13. To be able to vote for player of the year, and the posibillity to be asked to be a manager for the World XI for some charity, celebration, testimonial or special games.

14. To discuss the board/fans expectations on meetings and ability to call a press conference and more interaction with the fans.

15. To be able to discuss a contract with another club (secretly if it's not illegal) and the posibillity the contract to begin at the start of the next season, leaving you to finish your current season.

16. Telling your player that he is under-performing should not be a media thing and more interaction with the captain.

17. A better assistant manager in every possible aspect.

Forgot to add this in previous thread.

I don't see anyone from SI giving comments to the stuff we "wish for" so I wonder if any of these ideas would get to them.

P.S

To the guys at SI, don't rush into announcing a bugged-FM08...

Imagine this. Looking for some freebies on the transfer market, theres loads right? How do you know who's good enough?

I was thinking as well as an "Ask assistant to filter unrealistic targets"

Maybe to add an "Ask assistant to filter out targets not good enough for the club"

Would save a lot of time tbh.

I had mentioned this for earlier versions but it would be fantastic to be able to export a standard set of competition statistics in html format, specifically for online games.

A good example of this is available for OOTP where the game exports (1) a one page report on each player, including attributes, history, positions etc. (2) League standings, (3) League Leaders (ie. in goals, assists, tackles etc.).

Also, how about a standalone match engine designed specifically for online gaming. For example, those who are in nations with relatively unstable internet connections or those who don't have the time for a long term game often create tournaments by starting games and playing friendlies prior to the season to complete their tournament fixtures.

An alternative to this could be the creation of a standalone match engine where the engine only loads the players from the database for two selected teams to play out a 90 minute match. Perhaps this one is somehwat out of FM's core philosophy but it would be great service to those who can't get into long term online games for one reason or another.

Finally, I would love to see a post match analysis conducted by the assistant managers. This could serve as feedback on the past match and give an idea to the human manager on their mistakes during the match. Instead of whining on here about how the AI scummed them, the assistant could potentially give tips on what was wrong with the gameplan used by the human manager...

Originally posted by norwichaggy:

Yp!!! And that should also stand for many other tactical ideas in the game. Like shooting free kicks (corners like, close and longe range)....

18. Maybe more difficult levels of the game.

19. Prepering your team for next match. Positionog your players on the pitch like in real life.

20. Players match inteligence is not good enough. Especially their movement.

21.More differenc between players; for example: everybody is able to control a 70 meters ball on the slippery conditions???-----

22. More plazers mistakes during match ...

Originally posted by Nick OGS20:
Originally posted by dougal95:

2. 3D Stadium - SI should look at what Fifa Manager has done

3. Option for ticket prices - before each game you should be able to enter how much you want your fans to pay

what has this got to do with you as a manager? how much say do you think club managers have over stadium matters or ticket prices?

that sort of stuff is best left to fifa manager.

He he U got that right!!!

Originally posted by Mitja:

18. Maybe more difficult levels of the game.

19. Prepering your team for next match. Positionog your players on the pitch like in real life.

20. Players match inteligence is not good enough. Especially their movement.

21.More differenc between players; for example: everybody is able to control a 70 meters ball on the slippery conditions???-----

22. More plazers mistakes during match ...

23. Too many goals are scored per game. I am not saying that best teams do not score many, like United this season, but if U look at statistics 1 goal per match is an average...

24. Far too less goals are scored by midfielders (Lampard scored 5 goals in 2 seasons I am playing, Juninho also had extremly poor seasons???!!) But this problem has got to do with players movement on the pitch--------------

25. Yes movement!!! Well.... it sucks. I understand that each palyer has his position but it does not mean that left winger should not try to find his way through centre from time to time especially if U dont play really crosing game/ having right footed left winger- (I used to think that was "cuts inside"). Maybe there should be something like tactical/positional discipline in Tactical Instructions.

Centre backs dont get forward never??? They should when they steal the ball and try a

counter attack.

Full backs: even when playimg all out attack they are way too back where they should be. It is imposibile to make modern attacking 4-4-2 formation which transforms to 2-4-4.

So here is suggestion-maybe there should be a attacking formation ad a defensive one (in reallity u can play 4-4-2 as your defens. formation and 1-1-8 as attacking, if U would want to, but it would be extremly comlicated). U should be able to "draw" to a player where to stand (as it once was in CM long time ago).

Midfielders: There movement is the best actually only when U play them with devensive mebtality and in deep formation they should take care more of opponents strikers and on the ither hand when playing them attacking they should ordinate more like forwards ------ (until they tire icon_wink.gif ).

Forwards: One think I would really love is to see Rooney chasing his opponent who stole him ball from one goal to another and then getting the yellow card for a foul. And maybe Ronaldo byting his nailes in the centre while Emerson is trying to catch Ronaldos centre back who just got past him icon_wink.gif

Semi Pro

Posted 29 May 2006 20:11 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post

The Cypriot League.

I go there on holiday a lot and have looked into the league. Its a decent standard, some decent players playing out there. The teams perform better in Europe than some other leagues in the game. In general, its better than the likes of Iceland, Belarus, Finland, Wales, N.Ireland and Ireland and on a par with some others like Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary etc. (Although I understand some of these leagues are included because there is a strong market and more people buy the game in these countries than in Cyprus).

Seconded . The level of football is not among the best but is good .(Comparable with Belgium , Greece ) What astonishes me is while Cyprus national division A teams and players were researched quite accurately by several researchers and all the players stats are there Si refuses to enable the division for reasons i can not understand . Sad.

2)Ticket prices , merchentise increased by signing Asians . The more ways there are to control the financial situation the better. However the Ticket price change should be limited by each club by allowing diferent variables. Example ( 35$-45$ for chelsea a different variable for Manchester United)

3) Data issues . I think there should be what i call objectivity and more balance between different leagues. Leagues player's shouldn't be overrated nor underrated because of the League they are playing . Obviously players that play in top leagues are elevating their game because they face harder opposition but that doesn't mean player a plays on league a so he is worse than player b that plays on league b. Researchers should be able to recognise how the quality of a different league affects the player since it is possible that a great player may play in not the best league. I also want more detail in the Spanish , Italian and others leagues.

4) Training . The current system is horrible.

Only players under 24 improve now . That shouldn't be the case , depending on the player they can improve/learn even after that age . That shouldn't be as usual but it should still remain an option. Furthermore i want a more dynamic feel between training - stats and actual performance(match engine) . I want my striker that had amazing form and scored showing good composure in the last six game and he is training in those areas to improve in those areas. I also want training to have more to do with tactics than now.

5) More media options (without having the Media always interfering) regarding players and of course the board . Other than results they may also criticize your tactics or the way the team is playing (too defensive etc). Also other than takeovers it is possible that new money comes in from new board members witout creating a crisis or a media outbreak .

Criticisms aside i loved all the latest Fm (until Fm 2007) and i believe that Si will do a good job. But i do think the above are somewhat vital and should be some day implemented.

Archived