Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

SMCY - you're wrong about training. Players over 24 do improve in the game, just at a slower rate then players under 24. The current system is the most realistic yet - it doesn't have the stupid attribute boosts that the old training systems had. CA and PA actually mean something in FM07, they meant little in 06 and previous because of the training boosts.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Ackter:

SMCY - you're wrong about training. Players over 24 do improve in the game, just at a slower rate then players under 24. The current system is the most realistic yet - it doesn't have the stupid attribute boosts that the old training systems had. CA and PA actually mean something in FM07, they meant little in 06 and previous because of the training boosts.

Well i am not going to repeat my last answer so we can expand the discussion in different directions than the other topic. I will just say that if you read my suggestions on the matter they don't have much to do with the older system. Workloads are good but i want a more dynamic control over training. I want to have the actual matches to be another way of training . i want to have the players learn corners tricks , flair decisions , passing etc through training depending on a new coaches system .(An other "true " idea is that training performance should be improved by having more technical players when training passing) In the end i want the tactical and training to merge (not entirely) but in a way that each parameter affects the other in the way real life happens and i believe it can be implemented in a game like this too.

4) Training . The current system is horrible.

Only players under 24 improve now . That shouldn't be the case , depending on the player they can improve/learn even after that age . That shouldn't be as usual but it should still remain an option. Furthermore i want a more dynamic feel between training - stats and actual performance(match engine) . I want my striker that had amazing form and scored showing good composure in the last six game and he is training in those areas to improve in those areas. I also want training to have more to do with tactics than now.

-------------------------------------------------

I totaly agree with youabout training thing. Players who play regulary should improve no matter how old they are.

Thing that bothers me is how they improve. I belive that stats like stamina, strenght, work rate...should improve all the time as person grows (everybody is stronger when he is 29 then 19 years old) but pace and accelaration is differnent. That should SI have in mind.

Another strange thing in training is that is absolutly in-active. We do nothing!!! In Europe coaches (managers) do train their squad. It would be nice to have option for preperation for next match, making a game plan (even include your skipper and few more players in that, like in reality). I think that would bring a hole new dimension to the game. And I also belive that winning matches should be more hard. (Sorry everybody who disagree!!!)

One more thing about improvement that you were mentioning. Maybe players should not improve so quickly. The solution might be in morale and form (which I think are "allmost useless" right now). I will give a example or two: we all know that Adriano is a great player but he is really struggling right now. We can say that his morale is really really low. In the game he plays normally he scores a few goals and everything is normal again. That should not be the case, morale snould not change so quickly becouse things are more complicated in life. On the other hand we have the case of Zlatan Ibrahimović who was a great talent but just needed time to adopt his temerament to Serie A football. Now he is playing the game of his life.

I know that it is just a game but it would be awesome to see things like that in FM08.

Another thing!!! (yeah I am boring)

Ball is to slow!! The power of passes are all alike!!!

I dont see any difference when player is tired!!

Player runs (dribling) are like everybody is Cristiano or Messi. I am playing with Newcastlle and Martins is making runs which are making Maradona envy!!! He scored 24 goals last season he was player of the year...... Unbelivible!!! Huge bug...

One thing that made me quit playing FM right now is that David Jarolim won World Player of the Year Award!!!!????? Well I am sure he is outstanding player....but it is just too much for me....lack of determination I know...PLEASE MAKE IT NOT TO HAPPEN PLEASE!!!!

3D stadioum???? No way...waste of money and time!!!!

Why is it that AI clubs almost always or very often value a certain player of yours at the same amount? Numerous times the offers received are of the same amount or only "arrange friendly" with the money being £0 from three or four clubs.

What I mean is that it would be better if the AI´s original value of a player would fluctuate more.

A T T R I B U T E S

Maybe I am wrong but I believe that attributes of players are not "seen" on the pitch. At least not all of them. Yes it is no problem to find out who is strong player, quick, good jumper, (too)good dribler and maybe we could find some more attributes that are "seeable".

Well I believe that majority of attrributes (especialy mental ones) just cannot be seen in the match. Examples:

I would really like to know if aneybody recognised a midfielder who was just too tired to get back to help his defense or stoped running after his player becouse he was too jadded. I know there is an indicator that tells us that the player is coming near 70% of his condition level but on the pitch they are all Gattusos. Than, striker who played whole game (3rd in 10 days!!) is often able to pass 3 or 4 defenders without a problem in 80th minute!!! Just cannot happen IRL!! Well meeybe once a season in every league.

It really ****es me off (can I say that icon_confused.gif ) that Frank Lampard (or Juninho) scored only 6 goals in 2 seasons, I played??? And I am really not a Chelsea fan. That has to be fixed!! Another ecample: I have problems with awey games and my team just cannot score even if I play on counters. With Martins, Owen, Dyer and Duff in the squad. That should make Newcastlle one of the fastest teams. On the other hand at St. James they continously win. Maybe I am not Cappelo but still believe that at home where all teams play very defensive and narrow against us, Owen and especially Martins just would not find needed space that suites their football style but they are having no problem dribbling 2,3 and 4 defenders!!! All I want to say is that than it should come to Lampard and guys from behind to score in such situations. Take Arsenal for example. They are playing best football ever but just cannot score. Why?? Becouse they are not shooting on goal they want to come with ball in goal and becouse they make their opponents to consolidate so much that there is no space for ball to pass.

Bravery, aggresion, teamwork, work rate. There is no difference on the pitch between Rooney and Ronaldo. They are both pressing their opponents with same intensity (and Im not talking about World Cup final), both of them will not pass to an open team mate in scoring oppurtunity (or invente some even more stupid decisions), they both run allmost same kilometers in the match. OK Ronney will have 15 more tackles at the end of season. But I think these kind of stuff really isnt hard to fix. Same things go for creativity, positioning, off the ball, passing... Example: at the end of my first season players leading in assists in Newcastlle were: 1. Martins 17 ass (plus 24 goals, do I have to say he was Player of the Year), Duff (set piece taker!!) 10 ass, Bramble and Sibierski 6 ass, Babayaro, Dyer, Taylor 5, Parker, Hoyte and Emre 4 ass. And I allways thought that Emre is something of a playmaker. Just cant be possible IRE!!!

Generally I think that attributes are too good on the pitch. I havent seen yet a goalkeeper to kick ball to row z after defender passed him back a 45 meter ball. Someone who has techniqe rate 11 looks almost as good like having 17. IRE even Cristiano isnt able to control the ball every time he wants on the line, when its wet. These kind of things (little mistakes, not controling the ball really well, not the best passes, ball bouncing off players...) would bring much more inpredicability to the FM, just like IRE.

P.S.

Im not trying to say that the game is awfull. I really like it. Been playing it since first series of CM (I remember than, all you had to do to win Champions League was to bring Å timac, Bilić, Asanović and RaÄunica from Hajduk. After that it was easy.)

My deep respect to the SI squad!!!!!

I do get very annoyed with my squad at times. I feel like blasting them in public not just in the dressing room like managers do irl. Unfortunately it's not possible in FM-you can yell at them individually but they get pretty annoyed and I don't like singling players out. What I'd like is an option to Criticise the whole team's performance and give them a bit of a rollicking if you like in public. I don't feel the team talk is effective enough to make them see just how crap they've played. Perhaps there could be a journalist asking how you rated your team's performance. Then I could also tell them that 'you played crap and won but I'm still not happy' or 'you played brilliantly and deserved to win, well done guys' or 'you did OK I'm not too happy but I'm not angry either'. The team talk is simply not good enough for this type of thing. They don't even listen half the time. I can only tell them 'I'm delighted', 'I'm pleased', 'I'm sympathetic', 'I'm disappointed' or 'I'm angry'. Basically if you are annoyed with the way they played after scraping a win you can't say 'I'm angry' or 'I'm disappointed' because they'll start getting unhappy. I'd like to yell at them enough to make them realise that they have to buck up their ideas but not enough for them to get unhappy about it. A happy medium if you like.

i don't know if this idea has already been mentioned, but i would like to see coach reports that are as detailed as the scout reports are in fm2007 because i dont realy gain anything from finding that my player is 'a decent member of the squad.'

Player interaction is pretty primitive by now. I almost never interact with other managers becouse there is no point in saying same things time after time (and know the consequences). I belive the pre match questions affect players morale just little too much. I really dont know why should a player feel nerveous about comming game if you say "we can win if we play to our best". He would if you say into the media that you expext of him to score a hattrick. Best solution right now is to say nothing (at least if your team morale is ok).

IRL allmost all media stuff is for ordinary poeople and I dont believe that Gerard would feel depresed if some joirnalist wrote smth bad about him and he knows its not true. Media stuff should have to deal with fans who want to hear stories for pumping up atmosphere . They wont tolerate a mannager who doesnt speak to the media especialy if in top clubs. Of course it is important aspect of the game.

I think interwiews with you and players must take place in next FM as well as media conferences before and after matches.

There should be in-game interaction where you could yell, praise, cool down your players for every important accident during a match.

Also I would like to see that you cold be able to show to your players in training what they done wrong in previous match (bad positionig, movement, closing down, passing...). That would be nice interacion with your players and you would actually train them.

Whilst on player interaction I'd like the ability to communicate with international players and their managers when manager of a national side.

So you argue over release problems, injuries - you could suggest player move to get more international experience etc.

I totaly agree with youabout training thing. Players who play regulary should improve no matter how old they are.

Thing that bothers me is how they improve. I belive that stats like stamina, strenght, work rate...should improve all the time as person grows (everybody is stronger when he is 29 then 19 years old) but pace and accelaration is differnent. That should SI have in mind.

Another strange thing in training is that is absolutly in-active. We do nothing!!! In Europe coaches (managers) do train their squad. It would be nice to have option for preperation for next match, making a game plan (even include your skipper and few more players in that, like in reality). I think that would bring a hole new dimension to the game. And I also belive that winning matches should be more hard. (Sorry everybody who disagree!!!)

One more thing about improvement that you were mentioning. Maybe players should not improve so quickly. The solution might be in morale and form (which I think are "allmost useless" right now). I will give a example or two: we all know that Adriano is a great player but he is really struggling right now. We can say that his morale is really really low. In the game he plays normally he scores a few goals and everything is normal again. That should not be the case, morale snould not change so quickly becouse things are more complicated in life. On the other hand we have the case of Zlatan Ibrahimović who was a great talent but just needed time to adopt his temerament to Serie A football. Now he is playing the game of his life.

I know that it is just a game but it would be awesome to see things like that in FM08./quote]

I agree the workload slider is just a lacking option . It is as you have no actual control of the training in the ways you should be. The training system should be more complex but a workload slider that we can select how hard they are training wouldn't be useless but is just one train may not be such a bad idea . On the other hand Generally all training programs have a relative difficulty . Players that train get injured due to bad luck , tackles from teammates and a bad sporting ground. Also some players just try a lot more than others in training and may injure themselves more or endanger their teammates. They may train more too also. Having a slider for that may just be to wrong. Rather i would like a combination of the old system (fm 2005 i think) in which we each option has an effect on the training of the players but also tactics . An example is , Having the players to play a match together can improve the way the way (teamwork and getting used to each other) are playing on the field also. Another example is corners . During corner training not only your gifted players learn how to take corners but your attackers learn how to position themselves inside the area and tricks they can try to score. (Watch again Greece Euro 2004 campaign and you will see why corner practice can be so important.) So tactics go more into training and what the players show you into training may just show you how good they will listen to your instructions in an actual match.

But this is also an area that should change if the system changes because how exactly do you know which players are doing well in training ?

I recommend a graphical edgine (Like the match Engine) but for training . You can see there and insruct there your players and then you can always let it in "auto"(assistant) mode. text information would then inform you how good they are obeying your orders but you should inspect them and try new tricks for a while.

While the tactical part of the training is your affair you should need coaches to train the Football team. Still i would like more specialization of the coaches , some carrying preferred moves that they can pass ... They should have there own shedule but they also can be commanded to change it. Coaches that are rated by the same star rating (if there is one) may have a different training program in addition to other atributes such as motivation.

Again defenders can train with your attackers in shedules that force the ones to defend and the others to attack . Again a small graphical engine would be good.

In the end your training all your team in a more

realistic way.

The same training options should be there for National teams which also require squad consistency.

Regarding the improvement of attributes i have two views on the subject.

The Best game is the one where it is hard to win , hard to master but you can always improve your situation.

Realistically i also believe you can always find better training combinations and different coaches.

i would like to be able to offer an ultimatum to the board when they accept/make bids for players, i'm with fulham at the moment and at least once a season i lose a 1st team player due to the board

I actually think the valuation system is currently a bit flawed. 'Value' should mean exactly that: how much a player costs. If a striker at Barcelona is valued at 10M, then it seems you have to double or pay 2.5 that amount, which is quite strange. After all, if a player is worth 10M, why would a club dish out twice as much?

Should be that the value of the player equals his cost, less additional payments, clauses etc.

all i want for future versions is for reserves and youngsters to "realize" the disparity between the quality of the first team, and that of themselves.

and just stop complaining and requesting transfers and asking to be brought off the xfer list ('cause nobody wants them) etc etc...

I'd like to see the match engine completely overhauled (no NOT 3D!!).

I have a few savegames, one of which is Notts County and i'm able to do quite well with them by acting on the information provided by my Scout.

It's a low league club, LOW on tactical skill and talent, the scout says the opposition play a fast direct game

Team Instructions : Slow Tempo + Short Passing

I win the match, but slow possesion based football is a HIGH skill game, talent is needed to pull it off

A few seasons later i've been promoted to the Championship, my squad has been replaced with talented & HIGH skill players. The Scout says the opposition play possesion based football.

Team Instructions: Fast Tempo + Direct Passing

I win the match, using a LOW skill tactic.

It just all seems back to front, when i have a poor team im successfully playing football that should be technically BEYOND them, and when i have a strong team im successfull with tactics that should be the domain of the poor team.

Its too clinical, its too Rock-Paper-Scissors, in short it's not really football.

Media:-

Having player interview before matches and also after matches and they can comment on how the team has played and also if they have problems such as only playing 5 minutes in a match or disappointed to be taken off.

Breaks:-

When you come up to a period in the game when you have 2 weeks off before your next game you should have the option to either send players on a holiday or on a team bonding trip.

Subs:-

When you make a change you should be able to give instructions to them like if you want them to push forward more when you are chasing a goal or keep the play simple. This should give your players more believe in themselves when in certain situations

Friendlies:-

When you start at a new club you should have a list of teams who would be interested in having a friendly with your club and you get to select which teams you want you team to play against.

Reserves & Youth Team:-

Maybe having reports that tell you which players are performing well and should be promoted to the reserve team and the first team. If someone is head and shoulders above the rest of the team the assistant manager then tells you he should be moved up.

Scouting:-

Maybe your scouts can recommend young players who would be good enough for the youth team or the youth team manager can ask if they could have a player who they think is good enough to have a trial at the club.

The ability to field an illegal player, someone without a work permit or something because I just bought 4 players who I thought could go out on loan to my feeder club to avoid work permit regulations but it turns out the clubs spanish. Why did I get offered this club by the board?

Sorry if its already been posted, i havent checked the whole thread.

I think you should be able to publicly state via the media that you beleive player "x" should be called up to their international squad, because in my game i have a spanish midfielder who is 24 and playing for a top side winning trophys requlary and getting very high average ratings yet he has never got the chance to play for the international squad

Originally posted by dougal95:

my ideas

1. Trophy Room - pictures of the trophies you've won

2. 3D Stadium - SI should look at what Fifa Manager has done

3. Option for ticket prices - before each game you should be able to enter how much you want your fans to pay

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.......NO!

Scott M

Originally posted by Alex Bevan:

Unsure if this has been covered before, but how about a save game log.

Next time someone claims they dont cheat but end up winning every league and cup, they can prove this with a screenie that shows one save per month for example than say two per week.

I couldn't give a fig about how other people are playing the game, if they reload they are only really cheating themselves.

And an Angel weeps gently.....

Scott M

Originally posted by jungli5t:

Sorry if its already been posted, i havent checked the whole thread.

I think you should be able to publicly state via the media that you beleive player "x" should be called up to their international squad, because in my game i have a spanish midfielder who is 24 and playing for a top side winning trophys requlary and getting very high average ratings yet he has never got the chance to play for the international squad

Thats a good idea and should definatley be included.

Originally posted by milkman191:

I think Matches should be played in 3D.

But you have a choice if you want to watch a match in 3D or in the old classic way like in 2006 and 2007.

Are you from the Future?

And 3D is never, ever going to happen, I wish people should just get over it...... icon_frown.gif

Scott M

I think that fan's should play a bigger part in it.

eg. fan pressure (so away players feel intimidated and get scared or something... same as pressuring your star player into signing a new contract) etc.

I also think referee's should have stats... like how they react to fans etc.

For all the suggestions on here, and there are a few good ones, I think we're all losing sight of what makes FM great: The complex match engine and the ability to wheel and deal in the Transfer Market.

Really thats the only mainstays in a Football Management Sim. If those two don't work properly, then all the fluff that goes around it ain't worth a hill of beans.

MATCH ENGINE:

After a few months play, I find the Match Engine a bit samey, the variety of goals are a bit limited and that goes for the chances highlights as well. I would love to see a really expansive match engine, with commentary to match. The WOW factor really is too rare.

Also, the difference between very good players and very poor players still isn't highlighted well enough, sure crap Defenders go walkabout leaving players unmarked and poor strikers miss untold one on ones or get caught on the ball, but styles of play for LLM and Champions league level should be descernably different.

TRANSFER MARKET:

The Database is huge, which is brilliant, but the fact that so few players change hands for any money is a cause for concern. We've all had players with a weekely wage more than your entire squad offered for 0 cash, its annoying and why would Danny Murphy consider playing in the Conference anyway?

The market in FM08 has to be far more liquid, with lots more players changing hands for fees, of course the balance will be difficult to maintain but then it always is.

If the above two work like a dream in FM08, then I'll be delighted. I really am not a fan of having every minute detail being dissected in the media, and for most levels of Football this isnt realistic anyway. I don't want TV Style, X-Factor presentation of the game, I can get that in real life, thanks.

So, give me a rich "Management" Sim please SI, FM07 is very good, but FM08 will be dynamite if you get the Match Engine and Transfer Market nailed.

Scott M

I remember in my old CM games you could criticize the referee....not sure why you can't still do this as I can get really annoyed about how a strict ref can give out so many yellow cards, that my team can have numerous suspensions at one time. So i'd like to have a go at the ref please :-) Everyone does it in football every day anyway!

And also the option to ask the FA to move fixtures if you suddenly get a massive congestion and play 3 games in 6 days!

The manager's personal file could include a few things.

More than one favourite club, I think a few people have mentioned that already.

If you're a former International player, then it'd be nice to state how many caps and goals you had in your glory days.

Favourite personnel - I support Southampton, so I'd probably but George Burley, Claus Lundekvam etc. It could work in a similar way when you go to set up a friendly, you search for a specific club - This time you search for a specific name, click on the person you want, and on the bottom left options panel, click a button saying 'Select for Favourite Personnel' or something to that effect...

Equally, disliked personnel, or disliked clubs. Again, I'm a Southampton supporter, so I may choose to dislike Portsmouth as a club, or say I don't like Harry Redknapp or Rupert Lowe.

Basic I know, but it'd add a nice little touch.

Following on from an earlier comment about fan power, how about the manager being able to see a copy of a fanzine to see what the fans really think? Perhaps they could voice their anger about the board, which could lead to takeover talks as unrest settles in, comments about the managers' tactics, and good or bad mentions of players, i.e 'Tom Lyon has been an inspired loan signing, his goal last week was great' = Tom Lyon feels good, or, 'Tom Lyon hasn't done it for us. Why did the manager get him?' = Tom Lyon feels bad, supporters question the manager a tad.

Sounds interesting!

Originally posted by Colinjb:

The manager's personal file could include a few things.

More than one favourite club, I think a few people have mentioned that already.

If you're a former International player, then it'd be nice to state how many caps and goals you had in your glory days.

Favourite personnel - I support Southampton, so I'd probably but George Burley, Claus Lundekvam etc. It could work in a similar way when you go to set up a friendly, you search for a specific club - This time you search for a specific name, click on the person you want, and on the bottom left options panel, click a button saying 'Select for Favourite Personnel' or something to that effect...

Equally, disliked personnel, or disliked clubs. Again, I'm a Southampton supporter, so I may choose to dislike Portsmouth as a club, or say I don't like Harry Redknapp or Rupert Lowe.

Basic I know, but it'd add a nice little touch.

"dislike Portsmouth" *chuckle*

Scummer!

Scott M

Ticket prices, look at Leeds United in real life, Leeds vs Preston was expensive for example:

NORTH AND SOUTH STAND : £26 FOR ADULTS, £15 FOR KIDS

EAST: £35 FOR ADULTS KIDS FOR £13

WEST: £35 ADULTS AND KIDS

18,400 was in attendance..

FOR THE LEEDS VS LUTON, QPR..

North, South were £15 adults, £8 for kids

West: £26 fixed price I think

East: £8 for kids, £15 for adults I think.. For QPR there was 29,500+ at Elland Road, for Luton there was 27,000 and for this Saturday vs Plymouth there is an expected 30-31,000 there. So depending on the size of the city, reputation, quality of players etc more people will turn up making a better atmosphere and inspiring the team, get my gest? I think this is the only thing missing for the game, I am sick of being Leeds manager and gettin only 15,000 despite doing well in the league.. Doesn't make sense? If enough go along the club will make more revenue anyway! Thoughts?

Archived