Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

actually my biggest gripe about tall Fm games is giving average mf players the finishing ability of strikers

its ok for lampard, gerrard, kaka etc etc

but you get some mf players scoring some ridiculous amounts of goals from open play and its just an unecesary thing that needs changing in editing.

also please dont leave any gaps in player stats that the computer can randomly generate. imo theres nowt worse than finding a well know player with stats that are made up every time you start a new game.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by gse0x8:

Also there should be more youth team e.g U'12s and 13s so you can track players progress from a young age.

Suggestions like this are elitist. There are thousands of clubs in the game and only a few have the resources to have "creche" acadamies.

The current setup works fine, no need to complicate it further.

Scott M

Originally posted by in1984:

i havnt read any of the suggestions nor have i kept up to date with any news on the 08 version but i would like to see FM have an optional online link directly into your game for real football news that then can affect your FM season. that perhaps automatically updates just before every time you play your game.

eg ... a player is caught by the papers doing something dodgy but in real life just escapes with a fine, but in your game you can punish him differently if your managing the team of course otherwise its just becomes background news on the news ticker.

the bellamy riise golf club incident is a great example.

if you were to play as liverpool at some time during your season the file you recieve from si via online activates a sequence of events eg as in real ife it happened abroad so the file is designated only to trigger during an away trip the files could also be assigned a date/time code expiry date so they dont trigger every season just during the same season in your game that it happened in real life.

Utterly, utterly pointless.

Lets get this straight, the moment you click "New game" you enter a fantasy world. You cant have the real world popping up.

This thread is great, it makes me LOL/slap my forehead regularly.

Scott M

Like so many before me: my apologies if these things have already been mentioned. (I do 'pity the fool' at SI who has to trawl through this thread to see what is good and what is not!) Anyway:

Minor changes in contract interface:

- Set the contract options in the same order as the demands of the player, i.e. if you offer a contract win bonus and goal bonus are reversed compared to the player demands. Really minor, but really annoying. (At least to me.)

- Also for the contract: When you automatically offer a player a contract as a type of player he's not interested in (e.g. hot prospect), the additional bonusses aren't always filled in (I think this is only with youth contracts). That's fine, but when I change the type of contract to one he is interested in (e.g. to Rotation), they aren't filled in automatically either, even when under that contract I know the player demands and could easily meet them. Again, very minor, but also annoying.

(Hmm, I might be just very lazy!)

Feeder clubs: Here we go again! Just one tiny one: the amount of money the feeder clubs get seems a bit small. I mean, I can get a feeder club in a very good competition for say 50k pounds a year. This is absolutely spare change for the big teams and probably not much for the feeder club too! So e.g. as PSV Eindhoven I've had Rimini as a feeder club for about 50k pounds a year. I would assume that is absolutely nothing for a club in the Serie B.

Blatant time wasting displays: This is a major annoyance for a lot of other people too I guess. My problem is not so much with the time-wasting itself since it is a big part of real football (sadly enough), but more with the way the match engine displays this sometimes. The player holding the ball near the corner flag is fine, even a very realistic touch, but a keeper not moving a muscle to get the ball after my player has passed it twice is a bit much! In real life almost any referee would book the player for that and the media would make a big deal of it. (Of course it is fine if my keeper does it!)

Hall of fame: First of all I would like some hall of fame points for a very good result in a major competition. I tend to play the Dutch league and getting a Dutch team in the semi-final of the CL is a very, very good result. It doesn't, however, gain you any hall of fame points. Secondly and even weirder is the fact that winning the Dutch Cup seems to be considered a bigger result than winning the UEFA Cup. Now I realize that this is dependent on the country. E.g. in the slightly egocentric England (hey, I live here, I can say it!) winning the FA Cup seems to be a bigger deal than winning the UEFA Cup, but in most countries this wouldn't be true at all.

These are some things I can think of right now. I would like to emphasize that it is a great game already! Now if you could just adjust it to my every whim... icon_wink.gif

My 2 pence worth, more control on finance and stadium facilities

I know the game is about football management, but you can make it in option like finance controlled by director on/off

- Control prices for season tickets at the beginning of a season.

- Control ticket prices on match day.

- Create more (monthly) income by exploring food stands, sky boxes, etc.

- More control over upgrading stands & training facilities.

I'd like the option of including a loan agreement within a transfer.

IE; I bought Gareth Bale with the intention of loaning him out straight away...would be good if I could have offered Southampton £2m with the option of him staying at Southampton on loan for the rest of the season.

Originally posted by Mister Z:

My 2 pence worth, more control on finance and stadium facilities

I know the game is about football management, but you can make it in option like finance controlled by director on/off

- Control prices for season tickets at the beginning of a season.

- Control ticket prices on match day.

- Create more (monthly) income by exploring food stands, sky boxes, etc.

- More control over upgrading stands & training facilities.

No

No

No &

No for the reason in bold

Originally posted by ScottM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by in1984:

i havnt read any of the suggestions nor have i kept up to date with any news on the 08 version but i would like to see FM have an optional online link directly into your game for real football news that then can affect your FM season. that perhaps automatically updates just before every time you play your game.

eg ... a player is caught by the papers doing something dodgy but in real life just escapes with a fine, but in your game you can punish him differently if your managing the team of course otherwise its just becomes background news on the news ticker.

if you were to play as liverpool at some time during your season the file you recieve from si via online activates a sequence of events eg as in real ife it happened abroad so the file is designated only to trigger during an away trip the files could also be assigned a date/time code expiry date so they dont trigger every season just during the same season in your game that it happened in real life.

Lets get this straight, the moment you click "New game" you enter a fantasy world. You cant have the real world popping up.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why not ??? at least give some sort of reason or argument.

a bit of realism here and there would imrpove the game imo. after playing fm games for a few years generic actions of players get a bit tedious to say the least.

like i said it could be an option you could toggle on or off. and i explained the way it might be possibly fitted into the game.

all it is basically, is a proper udpate done by si to take the some of the repetitiveness out the game when playing different teams.

think about it every time you start a new game that data for the corresponding season would be there for that team. every time you started a new game there would be more and more possibilities available.

if it was me playing as man city id sure like the chance to dish out the punishment on joey barton for his latest indiscretion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by in1984:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a bit of realism here and there would imrpove the game imo. after playing fm games for a few years generic actions of players get a bit tedious to say the least.

like i said it could be an option you could toggle on or off. and i explained the way it might be possibly fitted into the game.

all it is basically, is a proper udpate done by si to take the some of the repetitiveness out the game when playing different teams.

think about it every time you start a new game that data for the corresponding season would be there for that team. every time you started a new game there would be more and more possibilities available.

if it was me playing as man city id sure like the chance to dish out the punishment on joey barton for his latest indiscretion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wont happen for legal reasons, SI would be getting sued every day for defamation of character.

Originally posted by Paxton_Yid:

I'd like the option of including a loan agreement within a transfer.

IE; I bought Gareth Bale with the intention of loaning him out straight away...would be good if I could have offered Southampton £2m with the option of him staying at Southampton on loan for the rest of the season.

I'd like this option to, but i guess it is sort of there already as you can buy them at the end of the season without having to loan them back, so they end up staying with team for seaon anyway

Originally posted by coxam:

I'd like to see a linux version of the game included on the cd.

I think this is a fantastic idea. With Dells recent decision to sell there machines with Lunux (Ubuntu) pre-installed more software developers should be including when developing. FM took the step from Windows to Macs a few years ago, come on guys give it to us on linux!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottM:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if it was me playing as man city id sure like the chance to dish out the punishment on joey barton for his latest indiscretion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm an intelligent man, but you've lost me.

What you're saying is then that if you're playing Man City you want online updates of things that happen in the real world, that havn't happened in your virtual Season, to pop up so you can fine a player/let him off for something he didn't do in the game?

Or no matter where you are in your game, you want a virtual event to mimic the real world event? How on earth is that possible? Lets take the Pedro Mendes/Thatcher incident that was worldwide news. Lets say you're in season 2012 with Pompey when that happened in real life, how does it work? both players have likely retired/switched clubs??

That's just bonkers! Either way.

Scott M

My suggestion: A chairman mode. You enter the game with a set amount of money (or automatically in a team) and purchase a team and start leading them. You purchase your staff, you tell your manager what you expect the team to do. You can suggest players to buy, or buy it without consulting your manager and scouts. You choose how to spend your money, on upgrades or expansions, and you can bet your money as well as spend it on luxeries. You may a realistic amount of money from every game, prizes, etc. and so selling players for 400k rather than waiting a week for 800k truly makes a difference.

Like an RPG Football simulation icon_razz.gif

Youth set up

you can upgrade your training facilities to different standards but you can have same sort of youth accad..... if you are man utd or halifax.

would be good if you could have different grades of youth accad... also, as training.

I personally would love to see the national management improved. At the moment you hardly do anything. You pick the squad and then pick the team. Even if you just added a bit more interaction with managers or more importantly training. It needs a big look at imo.

There are other improvement i would like but they have all been mentioned i.e agents, interaction with players, matchday tactics and talkin with players!

Best game i have ever played mind you!

Originally posted by deadlydevices:

My suggestion: A chairman mode. You enter the game with a set amount of money (or automatically in a team) and purchase a team and start leading them. You purchase your staff, you tell your manager what you expect the team to do. You can suggest players to buy, or buy it without consulting your manager and scouts. You choose how to spend your money, on upgrades or expansions, and you can bet your money as well as spend it on luxeries. You may a realistic amount of money from every game, prizes, etc. and so selling players for 400k rather than waiting a week for 800k truly makes a difference.

Like an RPG Football simulation icon_razz.gif

Its not football chairman so no.

These are some of my ideas for a better FM 08.

please SI people tell me if they're totally impossible to add in the game:

1) MARKET:

a) an option to block the first market window (until august 31th). It's to avoid changes in the team also in the first season when in reality the have buoght players yet. However JUST AN OPTION.

b) possibility of offer a player to another team also as a loan or a co-ownership (italy), not just definitive transfer.

c) (for italy) co-ownership: possibility to buy just half of the player and possibility to loan a player who's co-owned.

2)MEDIA

Improve manager-media, manager-palyers, and managaer-board interaction.

3) LEAGUE

add Japanese league (i know there's a problem about the right reserved)

4) CONTRACTS

insert new clauses in the contracts:

promise a new contract after a number of goals etc.

5) TACTICS

a) More accurate tactics: possibility to set player's positions when your team holds the ball

or when you're defending

b) new player's indications

c) move more freely the players' icons on the tactics board or possibility of use more than only one arrow for each player.

and less important adds:

6) RATING

a)add more realistic marks (not a lot of "10" and also "5,5" "6,5" etc.)

b) not give a mark to a player who played just few minutes.

7) new players' charactersitic:

-shot power, shot accuracy, etc.

For now it's enough!

Let me know what you think about this!

Sorry for my bad english.

would like to see a rating for managers on a rotation feture. as some managers use squad rotation a lot more than others but in the game it hardly ever happends.

also like to see comuter managers or vhairmen being able to improver training facilities and stadiam capasity.

sorry about spelling if are mistakes a s im a bit ****ed at momejny as keyboard keeps jumping around lol

I made a thread not long ago about how I would like to see the pre-match scout reports improved. I would have included it in this thread but I was unaware of it's existence until I have just refreshed General Discussion and it was near the top icon_frown.gif

Anyway, here are my ideas. They are probably all included in this thread somewhere but thought I would link anyway incase.

Thread

Have more detailed tactics for each player...

Similar to the throw in options, instead of R side/L side have it for each player so when the Left back has the ball tell the forward to go running in space, the Left Mid to come for a short pass and the centre defender to stay back.

Players failing drug tests.

Clubs going into Administration more.

Stop ridiculous come backs

Stop having to pay over the top sums of money for players e.g clubs rejecting £90m offers for certain players

More in depth coach reports

more notice on your players contracts demands so he doesent get unhappy

The old firm have more reputation.

Makle the training easier to control.

1. I'd like better board interaction, and more consultation when they decide to sell one of your players. My current chairman sold my star midfielder for less than we paid a year earlier, and I couldn't do anything about it. I should be able to let my disgust known, or demand that every penny we make from the sale goes towards signing a replacement. In the end the same stupid chairman restricted wages on my preferred replacement and I couldn't sign him, even though I was comfortably under my wage budget.

2. On a similar theme I should be able to ask the board to let me offer a player a little bit more money in the above circumstances. All I needed was an extra £1000 a week to offer him, and even then he would have been on a lot less than the player I had just sold. And the transfer fee for the potential replacement was much lower too.

3. Similar to number 1, when I make a board request, and they turn it down, there needs to be another way apart from issuing an ultimatum of letting them know your unhappy.

4. Clubs need to recognise long-serving players/managers a lot more. I've seen Milan loan Paolo Maldini out to Newcastle in his final year. Roma always end up putting Francesco Totti on the transfer list as well. While they may be at the end of their careers, I think they'd atleast hang around as squad players at their respective clubs, rather than being humiliated on the transfer list. Your board also don't seem to respect you as much as they should, regardless of achievement.

5. A new set-piece designer. At the moment I feel limited in what I can do with set-pieces. In real life teams will have several corner routines, but on FM you can only have 1 per tactic. I'd also like to be able to position my players exactly where I want them to be, and tell them where I want them to run on a diagram of the penalty area.

6. I'd like to be able to move the players anywhere on the tactics screen, rather then have them on the fixed positions as they are presently. That would also, I feel, end some of the confusion around what the exact effects of mentality are with regards to player positioning.

7. Player development, particularly physically can be improved. I'd like a little more control in training over what a player could work on. For example my midfielder really needs to work on his tackling. While I can focus on more defensive training, I can't focus on just tackling, and his tackling will still move up together with his other attributes, rather than quicker, as I'm focusing on it more.

8. I like the slider training, and prefer it to the old method, but I hate the way that my defenders have to do shooting to improve their composure, and that my strikers have to do defending to improve concentration. That's frustrating for me, and others I'm sure. Being able to focus on one attribute would be nice.

9. Improved realism of feeder clubs. At the moment I can request a feeder club every few months and I always get one, leaving me with a huge list of them. I don't think clubs should be having 20+ feeder clubs, no matter how big.

10. Clubs make too much money at present, particularly through merchandise feeder clubs. This results in clubs being unrealistically rich in the future.

11. A little bit more advice from your ass man would be nice at times. At the moment He gives out no tactical advice, and I feel, providing it was implemented properly, a little more advice would be welcomed by beginners, and possibly more experienced managers.

12. I'm fed up with players turning down contracts and not giving me much of a reason why. So more details on why a player has rejected an offer would be nice.

13. The new scouting system is a big improvement, especially as you're realistically restricted in where you can go. But if you have a lot of money and can only scout in one region, you should be able to ask the board if you can send a scout further afield for a while. I'm also fed up with my scouts saying a 33-year-old has-been has the potential to be as good as my best player, when it's obvious he won't fulfil it at that age.

14. I'd love to be able to criticise other team's players in the press as a mind-game, or just because I hate them. I'd also like to be able to praise my whole team if I think they're doing well, not just individuals.

I wonder if all these changes can be implemented in fm08, as SI have said they have to re-write one module at a time.....

5. A new set-piece designer. At the moment I feel limited in what I can do with set-pieces. In real life teams will have several corner routines, but on FM you can only have 1 per tactic. I'd also like to be able to position my players exactly where I want them to be, and tell them where I want them to run on a diagram of the penalty area.

I LOVE this idea! Too many suggestions are about how to make the game more detailed withou actually having anything to do with football management like better celebrations etc.

But some managers live and die by set pieces and the currect set piece set up isn't nearly good enough! Having a diagram of a tacitcs bored and saying where you want your men and where to run and where to get the ball delivered would be great! Also you could save your man made tactics and durin a game say you want only set piece 1 deployed or you could let your players pic which 1 they want and let them choose between the 5 you've invented! Something like that but its a great idea imo and needs to be looked at.

Originally posted by matt_CDL:

Players failing drug tests. Wont happen ever!

Clubs going into Administration more. I cant see a problem with teams in administration

Stop ridiculous come backs examples?

Stop having to pay over the top sums of money for players e.g clubs rejecting £90m offers for certain players

More in depth coach reports yes

more notice on your players contracts demands so he doesent get unhappy

The old firm have more reputation. More of a data issue tbh

Makle the training easier to control.

Theres probably only one real thing I want aded in to the future games.

Currently, In the fixtures menu you can go past meetings and see over the years how you've done against that team. The next logical progression and the thing that I really want in the next game is, a manager version. It would be perfect for long single player games and Lan/Internet games, in which players move around alot.

So 5, 10 , 15 years down the line you can see a mini table of you results against other managers and the different teams that you played, with and against.

Something completely cosmetic, but I'd like under languages for Welsh players to have at least basic knowledge of Welsh rather than it just being English. It seems a bit daft to me that Luxembourgish (or whatever its called) can be in the game but not Welsh.

Originally posted by Cam69r:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">5. A new set-piece designer. At the moment I feel limited in what I can do with set-pieces. In real life teams will have several corner routines, but on FM you can only have 1 per tactic. I'd also like to be able to position my players exactly where I want them to be, and tell them where I want them to run on a diagram of the penalty area.

I LOVE this idea! Too many suggestions are about how to make the game more detailed withou actually having anything to do with football management like better celebrations etc.

But some managers live and die by set pieces and the currect set piece set up isn't nearly good enough! Having a diagram of a tacitcs bored and saying where you want your men and where to run and where to get the ball delivered would be great! Also you could save your man made tactics and durin a game say you want only set piece 1 deployed or you could let your players pic which 1 they want and let them choose between the 5 you've invented! Something like that but its a great idea imo and needs to be looked at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i like the idea of a setpiece designer but wouldn't expect it to be ready by 2k8. for one thing, it opens the door to unrealistic 'supertactics' considering it would be brand new and untested. i would like it if it were set up like drawing Xs and Os on a chalkboard, like sports coaches actually do when they explain tactics to a team (i assume they use this method in footy but honestly i've only played basketball IRL).

i've gotten used to the slider interface by now, but long-term i'd like tactics screen to be more like drawing Xs and Os--in other words, more directly intuitively like managing a sports team.

When usage of "Rest for 3 days/week" the player shuld be unavailable for that time.

or

Go on holliday > redone option for "Use current player selection if possible" should be changed to "Play only players within the selected squad and subs"

I hate when ass man plays best team!

I hate that players become unhappy for the lack of first team football, the rason is that only the league matches count.

Ex. I have a player that was signed as a backup and I play him in LC & FAC as first team and as a sub for leauge & Champions Cup and he is complaing all the time becouse of lack of first team football. (he ended with 16/10 match stats)

*16 first team

*10 used as a sub

Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When usage of "Rest for 3 days/week" the player shuld be unavailable for that time.

No he shouldn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Why not?

If I rest player for a week why is ass man playing him on the match day??? Why it doesnt matter the stats of using subs and rotation on the ass man??? Why is ass man always playing best squad team formation???

ex. my key player played 8 matches in 4 weeks and ass man continue to play him even he is not picked in team while using non-effective "play curent selection if possible" option in "go on holliday". BTW: selection is made of rotation and backup players, all are fit and condition 96+. Why he still uses key player with condition 90%, possibly well jaded, pu on rest for 3 days while playing unimportant away game?

Originally posted by bismarck:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When usage of "Rest for 3 days/week" the player shuld be unavailable for that time.

No he shouldn't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Why not?

If I rest player for a week why is ass man playing him on the match day??? Why it doesnt matter the stats of using subs and rotation on the ass man??? Why is ass man always playing best squad team formation???

ex. my key player played 8 matches in 4 weeks and ass man continue to play him even he is not picked in team while using non-effective "play curent selection if possible" option in "go on holliday". BTW: selection is made of rotation and backup players, all are fit and condition 96+. Why he still uses key player with condition 90%, possibly well jaded, pu on rest for 3 days while playing unimportant away game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because "rest players for a week" is to keep them out of TRAINING, while retaining the option of PLAYING them.

believe it or not, if you don't like the team your ass man picks, you can actually overrule him.

A few pointers for scouting.

- When your scout to scout the next team, like Fulham, away then, when you play them at home you should be able to see the report he made last time.

- Also if you have a former player maybe he could help you to outcun your opponents.

Originally posted by Darns:

A few pointers for scouting.

- When your scout to scout the next team, like Fulham, away then, when you play them at home you should be able to see the report he made last time.

- Also if you have a former player maybe he could help you to outcun your opponents.

i like that idea of a former player contributing to your scouting knowledge of a team. should have a limited shelf-life though.

i mean if he played for the other team ten seasons ago he probably can't offer anything useful.

Stadium requirements.

Just having lots of trouble with board saying no to stadium expansion, and it's totally unrealistic to play with a 750-capacity ground in the Swedish second division.

To be more precise, I'll quote the stadium requirements from the Hungarian FA's official rules:

"1st league stadium: minimum 3000 seated, minimum 3000 capacity + lights

2nd league: minimum 1000 capacity with minimum 300 seats

3rd league: minimum 500 capacity

4th league: minimum 300 capacity"

Teams IRL have to cope with this problems when changing leagues. I think we can all tell examples, when a stadium had to be upgraded to comply with the rules (I recall Ascoli, many Hungarian cases too). The board can't refuse the expansion/upgrade this way, because it's the pre-requisite to enter the higher league.

Same goes to club competitions. Stadia have to match the UEFA standards. Some more examples:

- Hungarian teams usually have to take their last CL qualifying round home tie to the national stadium in Budapest, as that's the stadium that's suitable

- Artmedia Bratislava couldn't play on their home ground in the CL group stage, because their stadium was not good enough.

- Hammarby had to move away to Rasunda for a CL-qualifier

- FC Thun had to play all their CL-matches in Bern

And that's some examples from the last 5-6 years, there are more, especially in the early rounds.

A quote from English FA rules, about promotion from conference: "If stadia are not of the required quality, teams from League Two are not relegated."

I'm not saying that stadium requirements have to be done for each and every team around the world in FM.

But something along the lines of:

Elite countries: (England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 20000 all-seater

- 2nd class stadium RQ: min. 10000 all-seater

- 3rd class stadium RQ: min. 5000 capacity

- 4th class stadium RQ: min. 2000 capacity

Medium countries: (e.g. Scotland, Portugal, Sweden, Norway)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 6000 all-seater

- 2nd class stadium RQ: min. 3000 capacity

- 3rd/4th class stadium RQ: min. 1000 capacity

Smaller countries (e.g. Hungary, Croatia)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 3000 all-seater

- 2nd class stadium RQ: min. 1000 capacity

- 3rd/4th class stadium RQ: min. 500 capacity

Minnows (e.g. Iceland)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 1000 capacity

- Below: min. 300 capacity

Champions' League group stage RQ

- At least 18,000 all-seater (probably there's a given number to this, but I couldn't find it in the CL manual)

UEFA Cup/CL qualifier RQ

- At least 5000 capacity

Sorry to be long, I just wanted to give a detailed explanation. I don't think that this is a priority over gameplay fixes, but adds realism, and IRL a quite important factor.

I'd like to see the option of clubs arranging friendlies with national teams, because it does happen IRL.

For example, Man U is going on an Asian tour this summer, and playing the national teams of Japan, Korea, Hong Kong etc.

1* "Long Shot" option is NOT influenced by "Creative Freedom".

2* Having more direct control over upgrades. Maybe a screen with the wage budget/transfer cash, but you can say "if I reduce x wage budget or $x transfer money, I can add xxxx seats and heating, or even a (save money for new stadium) option".

3* Better media interaction.

4* Able to sell your own players easier. Hell, the entire game needs to sell players, instead of everyone buying free transfers.

5* More options when selling players, information on what you would need to "offer as sale price" to specific clubs.

6* Able to tell players to "boot the ball out instead of backpassing". Also not influenced by creative freedom.

Originally posted by emgergo:

Stadium requirements.

Just having lots of trouble with board saying no to stadium expansion, and it's totally unrealistic to play with a 750-capacity ground in the Swedish second division.

To be more precise, I'll quote the stadium requirements from the Hungarian FA's official rules:

"1st league stadium: minimum 3000 seated, minimum 3000 capacity + lights

2nd league: minimum 1000 capacity with minimum 300 seats

3rd league: minimum 500 capacity

4th league: minimum 300 capacity"

Teams IRL have to cope with this problems when changing leagues. I think we can all tell examples, when a stadium had to be upgraded to comply with the rules (I recall Ascoli, many Hungarian cases too). The board can't refuse the expansion/upgrade this way, because it's the pre-requisite to enter the higher league.

Same goes to club competitions. Stadia have to match the UEFA standards. Some more examples:

- Hungarian teams usually have to take their last CL qualifying round home tie to the national stadium in Budapest, as that's the stadium that's suitable

- Artmedia Bratislava couldn't play on their home ground in the CL group stage, because their stadium was not good enough.

- Hammarby had to move away to Rasunda for a CL-qualifier

- FC Thun had to play all their CL-matches in Bern

And that's some examples from the last 5-6 years, there are more, especially in the early rounds.

A quote from English FA rules, about promotion from conference: "If stadia are not of the required quality, teams from League Two are not relegated."

I'm not saying that stadium requirements have to be done for each and every team around the world in FM.

But something along the lines of:

Elite countries: (England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 20000 all-seater

- 2nd class stadium RQ: min. 10000 all-seater

- 3rd class stadium RQ: min. 5000 capacity

- 4th class stadium RQ: min. 2000 capacity

Medium countries: (e.g. Scotland, Portugal, Sweden, Norway)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 6000 all-seater

- 2nd class stadium RQ: min. 3000 capacity

- 3rd/4th class stadium RQ: min. 1000 capacity

Smaller countries (e.g. Hungary, Croatia)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 3000 all-seater

- 2nd class stadium RQ: min. 1000 capacity

- 3rd/4th class stadium RQ: min. 500 capacity

Minnows (e.g. Iceland)

- 1st class stadium RQ: min. 1000 capacity

- Below: min. 300 capacity

Champions' League group stage RQ

- At least 18,000 all-seater (probably there's a given number to this, but I couldn't find it in the CL manual)

UEFA Cup/CL qualifier RQ

- At least 5000 capacity

Sorry to be long, I just wanted to give a detailed explanation. I don't think that this is a priority over gameplay fixes, but adds realism, and IRL a quite important factor.

The minimum capacity rule is ruining scottish football becuase teams are sometimes ubable to be promoted which is pointless. Bratislava did play there home games at there ground ( i know cos rangers played them)

Denying promotion would be pointless of course in FM. (and it's stupid IRL too). But teams having to move temporariliy in rent/having to upgrade stadium is realistic.

BTW wrong about Artmedia: 'Artmedia played their Champions League fixtures at the Tehelné pole ground of crosstown rivals Slovan Bratislava because their own ground does not meet UEFA standards for Champions League play.'

Just A Few Things.....

1* Long Term Loan Players Are Able To Teach Youths ie:Like Larsson was doing with MAn Utd.

2* When Approaching A Club For A Loan You Should Be Able To Indicate The Role The Player Has In Your Club.

3*The Option To Do Loan Swaps With Clubs ie:Baptista/Reyes.

no restriction in editor. if i want 2 give my club 1billion, let me. the point of editor is 2 allow you 2 edit. if in my opion my club has 1billion or i wanna spice up the game n cheat why not? also make more clubs in my league want 2 loan my player. i have top top quality players who are available for loan but rarely will prem club offer 2 loan.

Originally posted by davidbowie:

1* "Long Shot" option is NOT influenced by "Creative Freedom".

2* Having more direct control over upgrades. Maybe a screen with the wage budget/transfer cash, but you can say "if I reduce x wage budget or $x transfer money, I can add xxxx seats and heating, or even a (save money for new stadium) option".

3* Better media interaction.

4* Able to sell your own players easier. Hell, the entire game needs to sell players, instead of everyone buying free transfers.

5* More options when selling players, information on what you would need to "offer as sale price" to specific clubs.

6* Able to tell players to "boot the ball out instead of backpassing". Also not influenced by creative freedom.

these are pretty good.

i don't think players need to be easier to sell really, though. i don't think it's that implausible that nobody will pay for crap players. if nobody wants 'em i just give 'em away. sometimes i can't even get a friendly or sell-on for 'em. failing that, if they're paid little enough i just fire 'em.

not sure what specifically you mean by "better media interaction" but i'd agree there's plenty of room for improvement.

i also like BenArsenal's idea re: friendlies, and emgergo makes a good point about stadium requirements. love 'em or hate 'em the really do exist in football at the moment.

1* I don't know if its possible but I would also love to see the J-League back.

2* More unprofesional actions other than just missing a training session.ie:Players fighting,interviews,disrespecting fans.

3* I'm not sure if its just me but my youths get injured a hell of a lot.

4* As specified in the famous internationals section on a nation there should be the most hopeful youths in that nation.So if signed there will be some press.I personally love it when I sign a virtually unkonown and my fans say how happy they are.

5* Teams to always have a way to get players their match fitness back if they don't have a reserve fixture list.

6* Young players to not be so negative when learning from good international expierienced teamates.

7*Build a relationship with another manager and having the option to choose a them as a feeder team,instead of leving it to your board.Being able to suggest a feeder club.

Archived