You know you are addicted to football manager when............

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your aim is to join Hampton and Richmond/AFC WImbledon/Molesey/Kingstonian for 2 reasons: 10% for the football, but 90% because you'll be in FM and you can take them over and manage yourself...

you come on here to moan about the team talks then switch windows back to FM to do your pre match team talk then go on a roller coaster ride of emotion as Harrogates strikers use your goal as target practice but you still go in at half time two nil up!

You wake your two year old daughter up from here nap by celebrating your Blyth Spartans side taking Man Utd to a replay in the FA cup third round then coming straight on the forums to post about it!

1.You have a soundtrack for specific games including:

Lose Yourself for all finals

Better In Time (when you're on a losing run)

Without Me for the first game of a new season (guess who's back!)

We Are The Champions when you win the league and it's our last home game

2.You were so engrosssed in an FA Cup 3rd round replay against Sheffield Wednesday that you didn't even notice a topless SOphie Reade on Big Brother

3.When , IRL, you are subbed constantly, you say to your manager, "I have a higher workrate stat and my Natural Fitness is at least 18/20, as well as scoring 7 in 7 and assisting 2; my average rating must be at least 8.5...."

4.You rate everything out of 20. Everything.

when you find none of these posts strange

when your on a hour long bus journey sat on the backseat and you and your mate are talking about fm the whole way there even though i have got a hot lass next to me and would rather not sound geeky fm just cant take a back seat

then when we were out we went to an Italian restaurant and the waiter comes and serves you just when your talking about how marco Matterazzi takes all your penalties and asks you if you think your Mourinho, your then talking about how good the pizza is and it leads you to talk about your respective AC Milan and Roma, you then decide to book a holiday for Rome next may to see where Daniele De Rossi learnt it all from and will also voyage into Milan,Florence and Turin

we then write down some tactics for the holiday on the back of the bill which has a bar indicating that we will play fm very often aswell as visit footballing places and then every evening have a free role to go out clubbing and pull, with mentality set to very attacking

this all happened on monday and the holiday is now booked and i cant wait!

• 1 month later...
It is not just you. Myself as well :D

Wow! I thought it was just me :) I've always done it. For some reason, when I'm playing I think it brings me good luck. Then when I'm not playing I realise quite how ridiculous it is, hahaha

• 3 weeks later...

When your anger starts to groove against the wonder kids who wanna immediately leave your team after I had rendered them young stars after coming straight from the ghetto where I discovered them, not my scouts of course BTW.....

A real personal war begins between me and them and I keep on thinking about how to fool them all day long

Your reading these forums while in Florida on holiday, longing for the moment you go on FM again.
You're taking your Laptop to Florida with you to play FM on the beach. :thup:

You don't go to Florida in the first place as you don't want to move from your seat just in case it spoils your winning streak :)

a list of things i honestly do

1.commontate on my game

2.look at all the live scores and pretend iam jeff stelling like "theres been a goal at stamford bridge but who has it gone to"

3.send a list of recommendations to my local team that are on the unnatatched list

4.staying up till midnight waiting for the demo and then downloading it and playing it

5.tell my freinds some 16year old greek youth player will be the next john terry

6.looking through magazines searching for the next brazilian wonderkid

all things i have done

When you spend three hours on this forum reading, among other things, what everyone does when they're addicted to football manager, when you can't play football manager cos the computer you play it on (though thankfully not the one with the internet!) begins to smoke and then dies.

• 2 weeks later...
...you replace your computer desk chair with a commode, so even basic bodily functions don't remove you from your game.

Lol, something like these... :)

When your bathroom has a computer installed, just in case you have a crash on your main PC...

1zfj7dh.jpg

you have a custom toilet/office at work so as not to miss Miles' latest blogs as they go live...

ay7fvo.jpg

and you ensure a similar set up is in place at home to maximize your FM time...

288360y.jpg

Lol, something like these...

When your bathroom has a computer installed, just in case you have a crash on your main PC...

1zfj7dh.jpg

you have a custom toilet/office at work so as not to miss Miles' latest blogs as they go live...

ay7fvo.jpg

and you ensure a similar set up is in place at home to maximize your FM time...

288360y.jpg

you look at this post and wonder... seeing as SI are now giving free-gifts out with pre-orders of the latest release, how long will it be til we graduate from FM mugs and journals, to getting gifts like in the pictures? fm11? please? :D

Archived