You know you are addicted to football manager when............

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when you shout at your team on the ball, my fave is 'have a look, nice oand slow...thats it, just keep it...look at the run,...he'll have it back' etc

and getting so angry when you lose you have to get up and have a breather and so happy when you win that you walk around like you own the world only for ur gf to shoot u right back down again.

when you spend about an hour on these forums looking for the winning tactic!

and when you think why cant i be a real football manager it would be so much easier than this!

especially when you have searched all over for that tactic..and then on your FIRST game on this new tactic, you LOSE.....

and then you get that 'the world might as well end!' kind of feeling!!! lol

back to the forums i go!

when you check to see how you did ion fm against your rl clubs next opposition

when you compare rl tables to fm tables and realise you are ddoing better therefore you must be a better manager

when you apply for a managers job with fm on the cv

when you play someone who is amazing on fm but is laguising in the reserves of your team irl and you wanna tell the manager to give him a try

when you walk down the street like liam gallagher because the night before you had a few good results and you feel like a god

when someone asks you if fm is better than sex you take a dangerously long time to answer...

When you just posted your FM Christmas Day Strategy on the forums......

Originally Posted by Law_Man viewpost.gif

The way to approach Christmas Day FM-wise is thus:

- Get up, eat some choc open some presents and have a couple of cheeky games of FM

- Get dressed, go and see family/welcome family at yours

- Leave the computer on upstairs so that when you go to the loo you can play one match each time

- Spend the whole of Christmas Day with your family and enjoy it. Christmas dinner....yum!

- Stick at it with your family till about 9pm at which point the very young and the very old will need to be taken home etc.

- And then from about 10pm have a bit of a cheeky Christmas FM sesh and off to bed.

- Perfect Day.

- For Boxing Day and New Years Daym do the above again just without opening presents.

when you realise that u dnt actually know what ur new signing looks like, so u check him out through google images...

hahahah... i did that few hours ago, the exact same thing! ...somehow i didn't picture Veloso looking like "Beckham", and Sakho and Sankhare were a bit of a let-down in physical apearance... but Aquino was just about right with the picture in my head... and didn't know that Jordan Spence and Preston Edwards are black... :D

Yes, I'm still playing FM08...

And, I tried (and I am bit ashamed by it) too look for a picture of a regen, something like "Lets see him in "real life"".

You're disabled like me & end up playing FM2008 from 05.30AM every morning

me to....and when, ppl ask "so what do you do?" you reply Barcelona manager, but I loaded the Italian league as well and the Juve manager's job's listed as insecure, so thinking of resigning at the end of the season and declaring my interest in the job.:)

when you use Press conference responses in real life, both at work and at home.

In my end of year review at work, I've just said to my manager (and I quote) "I understand the pressure in this job, and hope to thrive under it"

A tenner says you can't fit "I favour an attack minded approach" into your next one.

When you made the thread "If FM was a woman". Only pure addiction could get get any comparisons between Football Manager and a woman... so hats off to everyone that posted in that thread.

That thread may actually show the geekiness of most of us guys that play FM and post regularly on these boards (I include myself in that category). :p

I know I'm not the only poster here that doesn't have a girlfriend.. am I? :confused: :(

That thread may actually show the geekiness of most of us guys that play FM and post regularly on these boards (I include myself in that category). :p

I know I'm not the only poster here that doesn't have a girlfriend.. am I? :confused: :(

I'm also single. I am however gorgeous with a dashing smile and sense of danger that entrances the ladies.........what?

IDK whether this one will have been said but I suspect it will ahve been because I know that me and my mates do it (usually me though as I am the most addicted)...

When you say that a certain club should sign a certain player just because they did on FM and he was an absolute star signing!

You know your addicted to football manager when............

When you snap at the pets for being in the room when you lose. You know what I'm talking about:D.

You think that the computer is conspiring against you.

You shout profanities at your left back and promise out loud never to play him again, like it would actually hurt him lol.

When your girlfriend announces she's leaving you for your best friend and you reply with "can't this wait I'm playing the league cup final here"

Christmas doesn't matter because you already have FM

All Christmas presents are a let down becase you already have FM

You set up a table for 2, 1 for you, 1 for FM

You put one half of the cracker in the FM case and close it and pull the other half yourself

You post on this on Christmas Day (I'm happy to be called an addict :D)

Christmas doesn't matter because you already have FM

All Christmas presents are a let down becase you already have FM

You set up a table for 2, 1 for you, 1 for FM

You put one half of the cracker in the FM case and close it and pull the other half yourself

You post on this on Christmas Day (I'm happy to be called an addict :D)

You sound astoundingly like a teen in love

when u imagine ppl drawing out the cup draws and the ooohhs and the ahhh of some of the ties that happen or when u have not lost a local derby game for three years and the other teams manager heads to pastures new u gloat that he will never be as good as me and do a mini celebration in ur flat lol

when you imagine presenters and pundits talking in the post-match analysis, and announcing the other scores.

after trying (and failing) to do a good colin murray in the uefa cup i've finally managed to qualify for the champions league. bring on matt smith!

Archived