You know you are addicted to football manager when............

when you get a new PS3 game and you keep one eye on the computer pausing the new game everytime you need to make a decision back from holiday.

Yeah I'm video game multitasking over here. It helps when I'm in my second season, all leagues and all nations playable. When I go on holiday for 6 days or so I get a good ten minutes of PS3 time.

MM

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When your msn convo consists of

***********McV*****ei*****gh**************** **** *****[LoveGlentoran***** : *****HateWannabeThugs]************ says:

the deal may fall through and the two players youtube and Fm can't get along with each other

Andy (Y)Glentoran FC(Y) says:

has the manager got the experiance to resolve the issue?

***********McV*****ei*****gh**************** **** *****[LoveGlentoran***** : *****HateWannabeThugs]************ says:

he does, but he doesn't have the resources

and the PARENT club aren't willing to pay for these resources

When you:

1) Commentate on games

2) Shout instructions at your players

3) Make gestures at the screen, waving arms frantically hoping you wont concede or that your striker will score for once

4) Go crazy with a mad celebration when your team wins/holds on to a 1-0 lead after employing time wasting tactics for the last 20 mins of the match

5) Comment on the quality of players irl based on knowledge from FM

When you think that you know all there is to know about managing

so you will sit there watching sky sports news with your dad and friend and you will see ady boothroyd talking about how stressful management is, you then say out loud "tell me about it" without knowing that you've done it.

your dad and friend look at you weirdly, and then at 5am you finally realize what you did.

I'm considering transfer listing my girlfriend and bringing in a new younger one as she isn't performing at the moment.

hahaha this made me laugh, whats the value and asking price? what sort of attributes are you looking for? DD-FF perhaps? lol

oh wait, or u could just send her out on loan, recover form and fitness? :p

mine is also a staying up late one :p 5am was my deadline concrete i could never stay up beyond then........... last night 7am because i was doing so well i had to keep going till the end of the season hahaha oops

You go to your boss to negotiate your wages and demand a goal bonus and appearance fee, you then realise that you were fired 3 mosnths ago and your thrown out by security and end up going to the chairman demanding more time to develop your skills.

... you play nearly every night online with your mate trying to bring crappy teams up to the prem AND you do this whilst on your phone to your mate constantly to discuss/commentate on your game. you also watch each others game when your team doesnt have a match. you also somehow manage to go over your £350 phone contract limit.

the other posts are mint too :-)

• 3 weeks later...
1. When your girlfriend/wife look damn sexy in her new dress and you think of offering her a new 3 year contract.

2. When your friend argues with you over something and you put your hands in your pocket to show him a red card.

lmao i just laughed out loud at 1st 1 and everyone on my computing course just looked at me, that is one of the best i've seen so far

(true story)

Down at St Andrews I decided to head to the bottom of the stand bye the tunnel and as James McFadden walked in at half time i shouted "you missed a penalty in the champions league final in 2010 and lost me the game

"If your a fortune teller your not a very good one" he said back

I said: your composure effects your penalties!"

He said "Im not on about that, Us in the champions league in 2010, try a new job!

icon_frown.gif

pure magic lmfao :D:thup:

You talk yourself through tactics for the next game over and over to try and convince yourself they are good enough to win the game, pondering which to use, whilst everyone in the room looks at you thinking you're mad

I was boiling some herbal remedy from one of those chinese 'cure all' shops and got too far into the game, smelt burning and ran downstairs to find it was all burnt to a crisp and the pan handle had melted too and there was a hole in the bottom of the pan, nealry burnt house down

when the first thing you think about when you wake up is who would be a good buy for your team and it's the last thing you think about before finally going to sleep

Think about the latest decision I need to make all the time just before I drop off.

You're girlfriend suprises you with a trip to Venice on your birthday (boooorrrriiiiinnnnnggg, yawn) and the first thing you think about it starting a new game with Venezia.

Safe to say she is now dumped

You *dumped* a girl who (a) booked you a suprise trip to Venice and (b) (based on (a)) put up with your FMing. Silly silly boy.

Noooo, not lazy - groggy. icon_biggrin.gif

If I'd spent one more minute in my chair, I would've fallen out of it from overgrogularity.

Anyway, it didn't last long. The program which converted the PSP's WiFi signal from joystick to mouse ran out after an hour, it was a trial version and I didn't know. But by then I felt better so I got back out of bed.

Oh and getting real transfers mixed up with FM transfers is something I do all the time. For instance, one player was mentioned on Sky Sports News as playing for one team, and I said "No he doesn't!... Oh, wait..."

Overgrogularity, got to go down as one of the best words since bouncebackability!!

Archived