Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

You'll get a non-personalised copy and a link to order a personalised sleeve for it. If memory serves, I didn't get the link last year until after the game was released.

Then again I didn't get the game from Play at all, it went missing somewhere along the line. At least they didn't mess me about with a refund.

Oh ok then, seems fine to me :)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm... this is annoying. Not usually one to whinge, but I'm going to now!

Either- you have a release date or you don't- setting up an expectation and then finding out others already have it or can have it 2 days before, is not really fair. Clearly, with foresight we would've reviewed our purchasing options. I've got mine from steam- not next year.

But you have fun guys- not your fault, good on you.

Its all about rules here, it does my head in.

But SI/SEGA could have done what Microsoft did last week when Windows 7 was getting released and asked distributors to ship early so postal strike would not effect their customers ...... after all we buy the games and put money in their pockets. No such luck in this case though ....sadly

You appear to have made that up.

We spoke to all our retailers who are mailing the game. They all had plans in place to counter the potential mail strike which is why many, many people actually have the game early. Some of them appear to have gone a bit overboard...

The release date is the 30th. If you get your game earlier, you're very fortunate - there's really nothing that we can do, at this late stage, to change that.

Enjoy it when you get it...:)

We spoke to all our retailers who are mailing the game. They all had plans in place to counter the potential mail strike which is why many, many people actually have the game early. Some of them appear to have gone a bit overboard...

The release date is the 30th. If you get your game earlier, you're very fortunate - there's really nothing that we can do, at this late stage, to change that.

You could allow stores to sell it now for fairness all around

You could allow stores to sell it now for fairness all around

Not possible to communicate properly at this point. We've considered it and done it before when we've had the opportunity. As it stands the earliest that would get stock onto shelves for would be... Friday morning.

I suspect, to be honest, that most people will be selling it tomorrow anyway.

Same and now there out of stock so i don't know when we'll get it

well...if they were in stock when we ordered then we should be okay and hopefully they'll ship for tomorrow. I would look into cancelling but it's still cheaper than it would be from the shops (unless Tesco sells it cheap).

Not possible to communicate properly at this point. We've considered it and done it before when we've had the opportunity. As it stands the earliest that would get stock onto shelves for would be... Friday morning.

Okay, that would be nice. Thanks :)

Cue 1000 people printing of this post and taking it to GAME

Its just sad that some people have the game early ..... I ordered from Zavvi so will just have to wait which I understand its not your fault :)

But I woudl be willing to but the game from Steam if it was released on there early ....surely you have more control over that ....uploading it to their servers and letting peeps download it ;)

Anyways , I'll know the game is worth it so might as well just keep on playing the demo ........

If most places will be seilling it tomorrow, can you not bring the digitial download releases from Game, Steam etc forward to tomorrow as well? Or are we going to be the last ones to get it?

Yay \o/ UK Mail has just been a delivered FM10.

I must say the driver was only a teenager and was very sloppily dressed with casual tee shirt and dark jeans. At least my collegues and I at Royal Mail look smart in our uniform when out on deliveries.

But UK Mail did deliver FM10 today so I'll let them off for their scruffiness. :D

Not really - play it with the disk in the drive for two days then add it to Steam. It's what I'd do...:)

I don't expect you to answer now, but how do I do that? I mean I don't know much about steam. only ever used it for FM09 and Empire total war and they have either autenticated through steam or been dl through steam.

Yay \o/ UK Mail has just been a delivered FM10.

I must say the driver was only a teenager and was very sloppily dressed with casual tee shirt and dark jeans. At least my collegues and I at Royal Mail look smart in our uniform when out on deliveries.

But UK Mail did deliver FM10 today so I'll let them off for their scruffiness. :D

Have you and your collegues got time off to play it or something?

Doesn't this actually contradict itself ?

You suspect that most people will be selling it tomorrow, which is Thursday, yet you say the earliest people could get the stock onto their shelves if you asked them would be Friday ?

If they can sell it tomorrow then surely they already have the stock ?

If that's the case then since it's 2009, and technology has come a long way, shouldn't it be as easy as you emailing bloke at Game, bloke at game then emailing all stores, blokes in stores read the email and put stock out ?

ordered mine from shopto.net at 4.55pm yesterday...order status is 'processing' and I didn't get a receipt till after 6pm so looks like I won't get it today :(

Yeh exactly the same for me aswell, i have emailed them asking if it's in stock and when will it be sent out. No reply yet though.

Amazon have just e-mailed me telling me that "On checking our inventory I found that we still have not received the item "Football Manager 2010 (PC/MAC DVD)" from our suppliers. Please know that this item is displayed on our website with a release date of October 30, 2009."

Best get back to painting my kid's bedroom, the 'reason' I had today off in the first place !

Matt from Sega..... Is there any reason why Amazon get their stock later than everyone else (like they were naughty boys in previous years) or are they telling me porkies ?

Doesn't this actually contradict itself ?

You suspect that most people will be selling it tomorrow, which is Thursday, yet you say the earliest people could get the stock onto their shelves if you asked them would be Friday ?

If they can sell it tomorrow then surely they already have the stock ?

If that's the case then since it's 2009, and technology has come a long way, shouldn't it be as easy as you emailing bloke at Game, bloke at game then emailing all stores, blokes in stores read the email and put stock out ?

I think Matt means that if they were to send official communication to the various stores, then by the time that trickles down to shop level, it would be Friday, but that nowing what has happened in the past, the shops will more than likely sell "unofficially" a day earlier than they should.

Well, if as Matt says, most shops will be selling it tomorrow, it would be a good idea for Steam/Game/D2D etc to have their digital downloads available at least from 9am tomorrow, when the shops open.

Yeah... couldn't Steam push the "Go" button a little earlier Matt?

:)

Or mabe they will tomorrow anyway...

I picked up my copy during my lunchbreak.

They were filling the shelfs as I turned the corner of the PC games section :thup:

When I asked why they sold it 2 days early, the staff (all ladies :rolleyes:) didn't even realised there was such a thing as an "official release date".

'When games arrive, we put them in the store'

Maybe you British should be hiring more female staff in the PC departments of retail stores :)

Which country are you from, mate?

I think Matt means that if they were to send official communication to the various stores, then by the time that trickles down to shop level, it would be Friday, but that nowing what has happened in the past, the shops will more than likely sell "unofficially" a day earlier than they should.

This is my point. It's not like they'd have to send the message via pigeon !

I work for a large (some say the biggest) UK mobile phone network, and we have a large number of retail outlets, and are all connected to the internet and are hooked up to the companies email network. When we need to get a message to all of them, we send a blanket email to all shops, who then get it almost instantly.

I'm sure nearly all retailers who have a chain of shops have a similar setup ... we're not living in the eighties you know !

To say you can't do anything at such a late stage, contradicts what has happened in previous years?

EDIT : I have now read the posts further down the thread.

Do you think that would that include steam and digital d/l in general as well..?

I dunno, in the interest of fairness, I think 9am tomorrow would be a good time to make the digital downloads available, seeing as that's when the shops open. I think most people who've bought digital downloads would be happy with that.

na i recon steam should change the date to make it available from midnight tonight

This is my point. It's not like they'd have to send the message via pigeon !

I work for a large (some say the biggest) UK mobile phone network, and we have a large number of retail outlets, and are all connected to the internet and are hooked up to the companies email network. When we need to get a message to all of them, we send a blanket email to all shops, who then get it almost instantly.

I'm sure nearly all retailers who have a chain of shops have a similar setup ... we're not living in the eighties you know !

I'm sure Matt can clear it up, but as SI and SEGA aren't the ones selling the game, the communication would have to go throughthem and then the retailers down to the shop level.

Much like the majority of people in this forum, I'd like the game ASAP too, so whilst I understand your frustration, I'm sure that a day or two isn't going to make that much difference really.

Archived