Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I casually strolled into GAME yesterday and with about 4 other fully grown men who didnt seem to know each other just stood silent staring at a certain point in the coming soon stand, as if wishing game to break the release date by collective will power....didn't work as you may have guessed though im popping in on the way to work again to see..just in case. I have a sneaky suspision we may see the patch a little sooner than friday on past form

The game is released Friday 30th October.........Today is Wednesday 28th October...............Problem ?
And can people not read that its the 28th.....2 days before the game is released.

People have waited a few months for it to be released an extra 2 days wont hurt anyone,

Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed, its the fact other people have it, if they didnt I wouldnt be bothered! Get me?

Scotty-corkcityfc.

No not out the wrong side of bed just how you said....'Thanks si and sega'

'thanks si and sega' ? for not releasing a game early ?

Do you not understand a release date ? People that decide to send the game early in the post is upto them, not si and sega, if they wanted it released today they would have put a release date of the 28th.

I really cant get my head around some.

get in!!

mine is in a delivery van in preston on route to Southport!

Meant to be going the cinema with the girlfriend tonight........ i can feel a heavy dose of swine flu coming on, i'll stay off for the rest of the week to be sure!

get in!!

mine is in a delivery van in preston on route to Southport!

Meant to be going the cinema with the girlfriend tonight........ i can feel a heavy dose of swine flu coming on, i'll stay off for the rest of the week to be sure!

haha thats what im meant to be doing! She can get blown out for sure though!

Scotty-corkcityfc.

No not out the wrong side of bed just how you said....'Thanks si and sega'

'thanks si and sega' ? for not releasing a game early ?

Do you not understand a release date ? People that decide to send the game early in the post is upto them, not si and sega, if they wanted it released today they would have put a release date of the 28th.

I really cant get my head around some.

Sweet jesus will you relax! Go away kid!

I think SI/SEGA have taken their eye off the ball here big time,they knew strikes were planned by the Postal workers union and therefore should have got the game out earlier.A big marketing zero for this lads, you had time to make changes and change this.Not a good way to treat loyal customers really is it.

The game's available now for purchase in some stores in Finland.

K***s on epäoikeudenmukainen kusipää!

----------------------------

Hmmmm, now it gets interesting. SI would never release the game early if one of two companies get the game sent out early over here, once some stores across Europe start selling things could change. That's Finland and Holland that have done this...

and this years award for most pathetic individual GOES TO........................

I love you to dazbowski :)

(having read this again, you have made me smile an awful lot)

couldn't be further from the truth, i can assure you i've had the game a long time before him but i just don't feel the need to post stupid pictures of myself to annoy other people!

and if you had read up, you would have realised that i was asked by a few to prove it. it was 8.20am, i was half asleep, and really not up for putting any lipstick on for you dazbowski :)

but had i known ;)

I suppose living close to London helped with my early delivery, although i very nearly missed the parcel force man. That would have been a disaster.

I love you to dazbowski :)

(having read this again, you have made me smile an awful lot)

and if you had read up, you would have realised that i was asked by a few to prove it. it was 8.20am, i was half asleep, and really not up for putting any lipstick on for you dazbowski :)

but had i known ;)

I suppose living close to London helped with my early delivery, although i very nearly missed the parcel force man. That would have been a disaster.

slight apology needed here, i didn't read earlier posts asking for proof so fair enough, but was there really a need to post 2 pics and of that nature? and the nature of the photo is what i was having a pop at.

I've just had a response from Zavvi:

Sent by zavvi on 28 October 2009, 8:58

Our buyers have advised that the stock was received at our warehouse yesterday and due for despatched to you today.

You will receive an email to let you know that this has been sent to you

I'm not holding my breath about getting it for Friday, Saturday would be nice for the weekend though.

I got an email from shopto.net late last night it had been despatched and I would receive the game at some point today. I also got an email from UKmail who are the courier confirming it.

Some sort of wind-up?

No loads of people have had it delivered.

I got an email from shopto.net late last night it had been despatched and I would receive the game at some point today. I also got an email from UKmail who are the courier confirming it.

Some sort of wind-up?

I live in Finland, and according to discshop.fi my game has been shipped yesterday. Too bad it wasn't in today's mail, so I have to wait until tomorrow - which is still a day early so I'm not complaining :)

GlasgowRob:

Just called them ........ our deliveries are, indeed, stuck in Birmingham my man. We ain't going to get these until tomorrow.

I expected it on Friday, but after having been told it would arrive today I want my two quid back. The goods have been dispatched ....... UKMail made the mess of it, I want my money.

I think I must be the same as you two. From Glasgow as well and it says mine had a discrepancy scan in Birmingham at 5:10 .

Gutted :(

I ordered a game from shopto last week and It came 2days early and had no problems.

slight apology needed here, i didn't read earlier posts asking for proof so fair enough, but was there really a need to post 2 pics and of that nature? and the nature of the photo is what i was having a pop at.

i was angered at those who really thought i would waste my time by saying 'i had the game' when i didnt.

It was all tongue in cheek anyway.

All is cool.

Where did you get your copy from?

i ordered off zavvi and our postman has just gone past our house and delivered next door.. no fm2010 today for me!!

fancy releasing at the end of half term week - dont they realise that us teachers only get 13 weeks holiday a year.. only one thing for it i guess - more holidays needed for teachers!!!!!

fancy releasing at the end of half term week - dont they realise that us teachers only get 13 weeks holiday a year.. only one thing for it i guess - more holidays needed for teachers!!!!!

I know, i had my whole half term planned around doing nothing but playing this for a week!

Mate of mine clams PC world are selling it today!!!!!! Will investigate at lunch time.....

Just had a look and it's available to buy on their website under new releases, and is showing as 'in stock'.

So I would assume that if it's for sale on their website it would be on sale in their shops.

Keep us posted.

It seems that all of the Uk Mail deliveries to Glasgow have been held back in Birmingham? Either the truck that was supposed to be delivering the packages to Glasgow has blown up before it reached the depot or they have ****ed up majorly! I'm going to go with the ****ed up one.

Zavvi still haven't charged me...

They took my payment yesterday then last night I got an email saying payment problems and my order is at processing again. :D

I emailed them last night but not heard back yet, as long as I get it for sometime next week i'll be happy enough.

If Zavvi sent out all/most of their copies yesterday, they'll get to us tomorrow at the earliest. It isn't possible to do next day from the channel islands, courier (and perhaps Special Delivery, but don't quote me on that) aside.

Archived