Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

Well, the Zavvi one is cancelled and the shopto account is set up. I don't care that I won't get it tomorrow due to the lateness of my order, because I'm starring in a film tomorrow :p

It would be nice for it to come on thursday though. Is that possible? I'll do the next day delivery tonight, so will it just avoid the strike? DOes UKMail even get affected by the strike?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not recieved a email from Zavvi either. Logged into my account and i have no message's in my inbox about card problem or anything. It still says " Processing, Awaiting Stock Pick, Est: 30/10/2009"

Have people who have recieved emails from Zavvi confirming dispatch paid more for delivery? I have not paid any extra for delivery, Be gutted if they are sending some out sooner than others .... Thinking about cancelling and going to shopto. Then at least have the game by Friday incase Zavvi don't miss the strikes.....

hope mine gets shipped tonight only ordered it 20mins ago like

Ordered it 2 hours ago and still in pre-order status - wish I had never seen this thread was happy to buy it on Friday now have turned like everyone else into little kid wanting it early.

Time to get a job!

Got my e-mail from shopto saying despatched etc, no tracking number though
anyone's tracking code working yet mine just gives me an error message, they normally take a whileto work tho.

If they send it out via royal mail recorded delivery then the tracking number is for shopto use and will be no good to you at all.

As much as all this delivery news or non news must plague SI every year, I'm sure they are pretty pleased that yet again they have wetted everyones appetite enought to want to play the game. Yes we all have our views on things regarding the game but every year each and everyone of us are on here discussing the delivery. Great work SI, here's to a successful years development next year for FM11 and in the meantime here's waiting for that knock on my door tomorrow with FM10.

I guess i just missed out, ordered at 4.55 and it still hasn't been dispatched.

Looks that way mate, it does say pre orders are placed in a queue and processed first come first serve, so If they haven't got round to yours it will definately be processed tomorrow and sent for you to have Thursday. Still a day earlier than release and thoses on STEAM too also cheaper, so you will still have bragging rights over them,

Im trying to order for ShopTo but when i try and do my transaction it says 'The Authorisation has been rejected by the Vendor due to insufficient authentication. Please try a different card.' I don't know what this means?

:eek: It means you're not getting the game! If you want it, better get your skates on and re-order with a valid card :D

Looks that way mate, it does say pre orders are placed in a queue and processed first come first serve, so If they haven't got round to yours it will definately be processed tomorrow and sent for you to have Thursday. Still a day earlier than release and thoses on STEAM too also cheaper, so you will still have bragging rights over them,

Just this minute had an email saying i have been charged but the game still says 'processing' so thursday looks more likely. But yeh I can't complain that's still early :)

am thinkin ov orderin of shop2 but nt sre yet will w8 n c

Shopto.net do offer a release date arrival guarantee, although due to the postal strike they suspended this. But what it does show is that shopto are professional when it comes to release of games to their customers door under normal conditions, and unlike other retailers they are taking plans to maintain this and have at least reduced the 24 hour UKMail delivery price to help.

Well done shopto even if my game don't arrive by friday they have done their bit and released it from the warehouse early, hands of the delivery guys now.

Why don't people just buy it off Steam if your worried it wont arrive by Friday.

You do know there is a world outside UK dont you?.. I have to pay almost £40 for the game on steam while I can get it for £18 from Zavvi.. You do the math.. ;)

My Zavvi order is still "processing" and I had pre-ordered weeks ago. Starting to get a little worried that it won't arrive on time now.

I think you'll survive it being a couple of days late ;)

Although I also am excited to get the game, I dont understand this almost neurotic need for getting it on release day.. Surely there is a medical term for this? You have been waiting for many months for the game.. what does a day or two extra mean?

I am not getting my hope up for Zavvi. The order says awaiting stock pick. If it just read that then I may believe that the game was close to being posted. BUT i have also preordered my copy of COD: Modern Warefare 2, and that also says Awaiting Stock Pick. Now I would love to get that this weekend, but it seems unlikely given the realease of that is 2 weeks away (ish). Is the awaiting stock pick the standard 'order status' even if you are months in advance?

I am not getting my hope up for Zavvi. The order says awaiting stock pick. If it just read that then I may believe that the game was close to being posted. BUT i have also preordered my copy of COD: Modern Warefare 2, and that also says Awaiting Stock Pick. Now I would love to get that this weekend, but it seems unlikely given the realease of that is 2 weeks away (ish). Is the awaiting stock pick the standard 'order status' even if you are months in advance?

Yes

My FM2010 order has been "Awaiting stock pick" for about 6 weeks now..

Hi to all................like so many here I pre -ordered over a month ago after seeing the super price £17.99:thup:

In veiw of the postal strike/and the ad with Zavvi that item would arrive on release day (not be posted then ARRIVE!!!)I decided to check yesterday on the site the status of my order and saw there was no change from the initial info when I ordered.

I contacted them and have had a reply as below..........................

''I am sorry that you have not received your order.

Football Manager 2010 [PC] has been sent to you today.

Delivery usually takes 10-15 working days from our Warehouse in the Channel Islands via first class Royal Mail. Should your order not arrive to you within that time you need to allow 30 full days for delivery before notifying us then we can track this with Royal Mail.

If you have not received your order by the 27th November 2009 then please contact us and we will be able to look into this further for you.''

ok positives they state it has now been dispatched.................but that delivery of 10-15 days come on:mad:.....I suggest anyone who pre ordered chase it up now ............

Dont want to be a doom and gloom merchant ....just giving everyone a heads up;)

fingers crossed we all get the game as agreed on release date.............otherwise we might as well bought in a store:rolleyes:

i cancelled my order from zavvi never gonna get it in time and thats a fact

they claim to have dispatched mine so cant cancel now:mad:

if they dont deliver on time they will not get many returning to them to use again

but the get out of jail card is the old post strike;)

Hi to all................like so many here I pre -ordered over a month ago after seeing the super price £17.99:thup:

In veiw of the postal strike/and the ad with Zavvi that item would arrive on release day (not be posted then ARRIVE!!!)I decided to check yesterday on the site the status of my order and saw there was no change from the initial info when I ordered.

I contacted them and have had a reply as below..........................

''I am sorry that you have not received your order.

Football Manager 2010 [PC] has been sent to you today.

Delivery usually takes 10-15 working days from our Warehouse in the Channel Islands via first class Royal Mail. Should your order not arrive to you within that time you need to allow 30 full days for delivery before notifying us then we can track this with Royal Mail.

If you have not received your order by the 27th November 2009 then please contact us and we will be able to look into this further for you.''

ok positives they state it has now been dispatched.................but that delivery of 10-15 days come on:mad:.....I suggest anyone who pre ordered chase it up now ............

Dont want to be a doom and gloom merchant ....just giving everyone a heads up;)

fingers crossed we all get the game as agreed on release date.............otherwise we might as well bought in a store:rolleyes:

I take it you live outside of the U.K then?

Archived