Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just got this off zavvi for peoples info

The release date for this item is the 30/10.

Royal Mail are expecting a further strike on Thursday and Friday this week which may cause a slight delay with this item.

We despatch goods as soon as they arrive at our warehouse from the supplier and always try our best to send out and deliver pre-order items as close to the release date as possible.

We aim to send the item out a few days prior the release date in the hope that you will receive the item on or as close to the 30/10 as possible.

got mine from shop to tracking number dispatched etc etc

although i would laugh like buggery if the release was brought forward and it was available on steam tonight :)

Can't see that happening but I can envisage a Wednesday evening Steam release and an OK to the high street to put their stock out.

Im trying to order for ShopTo but when i try and do my transaction it says 'The Authorisation has been rejected by the Vendor due to insufficient authentication. Please try a different card.' I don't know what this means?

Same issue with me-no idea why

just got this off zavvi for peoples info

The release date for this item is the 30/10.

Royal Mail are expecting a further strike on Thursday and Friday this week which may cause a slight delay with this item.

We despatch goods as soon as they arrive at our warehouse from the supplier and always try our best to send out and deliver pre-order items as close to the release date as possible.

We aim to send the item out a few days prior the release date in the hope that you will receive the item on or as close to the 30/10 as possible.

Yeh same with me, think its the generic reply they send out

Just got this from zavvi:

For your records, your original query was:

I had a payment problem which I have now fixed and just wondered how long it will take to process the payment now?

Thanks

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

I can confirm that the payment problem has now been resolved and you will receive an email to confirm that this has been sent to you

If you have any further questions, please login to Your Account where you will be able to request more information.

I wouldn't be happy if I were Zaavi or any other retailer losing orders because ShopTo are releasing early while SI remain silent on the issue. Its about time SI took their heads out of their backsides and said the release date is brought forward to tomorrow. They could also clarify the release date of the patch rather than stay silent and throw a strop when people ask a simple question. I haven't bothered with the demo but look forward to the game. Its just a pity there's so much childishness from a section of the community and the developpers about clarifying issues on the release date which are painfully obvious today.

We'd reserve the right to move the date if something catastrophic happened. Thus far, touch wood, nothing has - ergo release date not moving.

Online retailers are shipping the game to try to hit the street date. That's normal and happens with every game. It's not up to us when Zavvi chose to ship their stock, or anyone else for that matter. I'm reasonably confident they're capable of determining how to get the game to people, they have a lot more experience in that than we do.

Can I clarify anything else?

We'd reserve the right to move the date if something catastrophic happened. Thus far, touch wood, nothing has - ergo release date not moving.

Online retailers are shipping the game to try to hit the street date. That's normal and happens with every game. It's not up to us when Zavvi chose to ship their stock, or anyone else for that matter. I'm reasonably confident they're capable of determining how to get the game to people, they have a lot more experience in that than we do.

Can I clarify anything else?

That's fair enough. As you know, it has been moved in recent years (leading me to question your definition of "catastrophic"). It would seem that this year, some will have it earlier than others. Consequently, there are various previous posts confimring people are chaning from Zavvi/other retailers to ShopTo. I won't ask you to clarify your views on ShopTo's sincerity and whether their disptaches today are any different from the reasons FM07 and/or FM08 were released early.

My Zavvi order is now at "Awaiting Despatch". Its changed at some point this morning. Hopefully drop through the door before any possible strike.

Hey, I'm Just off the phone to zavvi, they said that they will b recieving (sp?) there deliveries of fm2010 today and that they will b starting to send them out to get delivered tonight !!! :D

I believe FM07 or FM08 was released early because the early release in mainland Europe lead to illegal copies appearing on Torrent websites.

This year with the copy protection in place that might not actually be catastrophic so a release on Friday as scheduled may be reasonable.

That's fair enough. As you know, it has been moved in recent years (leading me to question your definition of "catastrophic"). It would seem that this year, some will have it earlier than others. Consequently, there are various previous posts confimring people are chaning from Zavvi/other retailers to ShopTo. I won't ask you to clarify your views on ShopTo's sincerity and whether their disptaches today are any different from the reasons FM07 and/or FM08 were released early.

Every year some people have the game earlier than others. It's the same with every other game, too. There's only so much control we can exert...

Thanks for not asking me the other questions....;)

I have ordered from ShopTo with next say delivery but i have recieved an e-mail saying that i have pre-ordered the game but does not mention that i have paid for the next day delievery does. When it gets despatched will it be here the next day or have i done something wrong?

Matt, can you confirm anything about steam?

What would you like me to confirm? Current plans are that they game will be available from 12.01 GMT on Friday. We're aiming for a preload to start sometime during Thursday. Don't think there's anything else to say?

Gosh. Some people are crazy. I have pre-ordered mine, not fussed when it arrives, it means I can get on with real life, e.g drinking, chasing girls, talking to real people etc

The lengths some people go to is unreal.

I'm suprised a plan hasn't been devised to intercept courriers with batons and extort copies from the drivers, it wouldn't seem too far fetched judging by a few of you.

However, I am excited about recieving my copy.

That is all.

As far as I see it, Shopto make sure their customers get it for release day guarnteed, and provide a couple of shipping methods to the customer to make sure this happens.

Zavvi dont, but due to location can offer a lower price than shopto, but make no guarntee about delivery.

So if you deffo want it be release day, order via shopto and pay a few extra quid, or be prepared to wait, and get it cheaper. Theres nothing unfair in my eyes.

Theres a choice for the customer, and if Zavvi wanted to offer extra shipping methods, they could if they wanted.

It coming early is just a nice bonus!!

berty 1978

I had a problem with my payment for the exact same reason you stated, log in to zavvi and check cos thats the only way I found there was a payment problem, I had no email notification.

berty 1978

I had a problem with my payment for the exact same reason you stated, log in to zavvi and check cos thats the only way I found there was a payment problem, I had no email notification.

Cheers for that, I logged in and saw I actually used my credit card so that's not a problem. The estimated dispatch date is the 30th though so won't get it until next week, but like others have said that's worth saving over a tenner for. :thup:

I've got my order with amazon on one-day delivery and have yet to recieve any notification of delivery updates. I'll be content as long as I get it on Friday, which I really should.

I'm staying calm and just making sure I see who gets their deliveries when so I can learn for next year if I should change my supplier.

Just had an email from Zavvi confirming my game will be despatched tomorrow and will arrive on friday :) I'm happy with that. Got the game for nearly half price and it will arrive on the release date. Happy days :D

surely thats only an assurance of it being dispatched and not when it will be delivered? Assuming Zavvi use RM, I'd say it's still a lottery.

I've got my order with amazon on one-day delivery and have yet to recieve any notification of delivery updates. I'll be content as long as I get it on Friday, which I really should.

I'm staying calm and just making sure I see who gets their deliveries when so I can learn for next year if I should change my supplier.

surely thats only an assurance of it being dispatched and not when it will be delivered? Assuming Zavvi use RM, I'd say it's still a lottery.

In the email, it does say that it will arrive on friday. Even if it doesn't, I don't really mind to be honest. There are more imprtant things in life, suprisingly :)

Ordered off shopto.net at 1545 had email confirming despatch of order by 1615. Fantastic work even stated I had next day recorded delivery and my item should be with me tomorrow. Now to sort my graphics pack, and sound pack out ready for the big install.

Still haven't gotten a respons from Zavvi with them not able to charge my account. Now it's only processing and not awaiting stock pick as before. Feel it's kind of bad they don't send out emails when this happens, if I wouldn't have checked the order I would never know the payment never could be completed (for whatever reason). They seem to be able to reserve a tiny amount on my account, so there shouldn't be a problem for them to charge for the full payment surely? I mean, they did reserve that tiny sum when I first pre-ordered the game, what could possibly have gone wrong with the payment today?

The lengths some people go to is unreal.

I'm suprised a plan hasn't been devised to intercept courriers with batons and extort copies from the drivers, it wouldn't seem too far fetched judging by a few of you.

That is all.

anyone fancy getting together to ramraid SI towers in time for Fm2011?

Got to agree. The fact it comes out on a Friday means that it won't even be touched till Sunday night. I can understand the youngsters being desperate to get it but surely adults with jobs don't want to spend their precious weekend in front of a computer screen?

Talk for yourself LOL.

Message from Shopto telling me FM and Tekken have shipped earlier today so I'm excited!

One question to those who have used Shopto before, as this is my first time with them, what time of day did your orders arrive? I presume it'll just be the usual: 'anytime between 8 and 6', but thought I'd see if there was an average time for people. And yes, I did notice that someone said they received an order at 5pm a while back - wanted to see how things turned out for everyone else though in the past.

p.s. apologies to the moderator who closed my other thread, didn't realise this one existed :rolleyes:

What would you like me to confirm? Current plans are that they game will be available from 12.01 GMT on Friday. We're aiming for a preload to start sometime during Thursday. Don't think there's anything else to say?

Thanks- you've answered my question. Nice- just in time for the weekend.

anyone fancy getting together to ramraid SI towers in time for Fm2011?

I'm standing on the roof right now about to do a 'SAS' abseil down the building and smash feet first through one of the windooooooow!!!

Damm i forgot to secure the rope!!!!

Archived