Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had a txt message from shopto. Mine will arrive tomorrow! I think that's pretty damn good considering I only cancelled my zavvi order yesterday then placed a new one with shopto. I am well pleased that I will be playing the game 2 days before most others on the forum.

just been dispatched with shopto with UK mail next day so should get mine tomorrow which is great!!

Just hope il be able to play it tomorrow - im not sure how the licences will work this year??

hopefully wont have the same probs as last year with steam!!

just been dispatched with shopto with UK mail next day so should get mine tomorrow which is great!!

Just hope il be able to play it tomorrow - im not sure how the licences will work this year??

hopefully wont have the same probs as last year with steam!!

You don have to activate it. Just keep the disc in the drive

You can, you put your card details in, they take £1 from your account, then insantly put it back. Simple.

Just recieved e-mail from shopto, order despatched :thup:

Have you made a account? I think you cant pre-order unless you have previously made a account and used it.

I see now. Thanks for that.

Added a card and can pre order.

There doesn't seem to be a checkout though??

Is this right. I just click add and that's it??

Gauvner, the patch will work with existing games, so you can just make whatever game you want :) Unless you want a bang up to date database

Hmm true and considering i do career games my database never stays realistic for that long, i will just patch my current game then on friday and activate it so i get auto steam updates. I dont really care for a bang upto date database anyway. Roll on Tomorrow. I feel i need a sick day;)

wow!!! I am envious of you guys if you have the game tomorrow and can actually play tomorrow as well! I ordered from steam- which is what I generally do with a lot of games, as you usual get it faster than through the post and also with the latest update/fixes.

Oh well, good on you if that does happen- we steam ppl will just have to wait until friday.

Any idea how long it usually takes them to process?

Will I have to sign for this with next day delivery??

Yeah i think so. Since its specially couriered to your door they arent going to leave it behind the bin.

Normally takes them about a hour to process if its before 5:30pm

Any idea how long it usually takes them to process?

Will I have to sign for this with next day delivery??

As long as you order before 5:30pm (which you clearly have done), it will be dispatched today and if you've gone for the next day delivery with Ukmail it should be with you tomorrow. I used shop.to and Ukmail for Pro last week, and I didn't have to sign. But on their website they do say that if no one is home they try again the following day (which would be a pain). In this case, it might be worth putting a note on your front door, telling them to just post it through the letter box.

I think shopto are perhaps freaking out about the postal strike and want to appease their customers - so they're shipping it early.

There's still a potential of delays though.

Shopto are using uk mail for deliveries so the postal strike shouldn't really make a difference to people who have paid a little bit extra for using this courier instead of royal mail.

If Zavvi are posting out for tomorrow, will stores such as Game put out there stock early? Cant order online as awaiting new debit card in post (which will inevitably be delayed due to strike), so have cancelled my play.com order and ready to pay cash as soon it hits any store in London.

For those that have used shop.to and Ukmail have you had the final email yet with the ref no. for Ukmail? The last one I received from shop to said its been dispatched and if the next email doesn't arrive in 5 mins, to log on and view orders. That was about an hour ago. I'm guessing that its just due to sheer volume, and they are waiting for the Ukmail refs?

If Zavvi are posting out for tomorrow, will stores such as Game put out there stock early? Cant order online as awaiting new debit card in post (which will inevitably be delayed due to strike), so have cancelled my play.com order and ready to pay cash as soon it hits any store in London.

You could probably walk into an independent game store today and ask for it. Chances are high that they'd give it to you anyway. Happened to me with FM08.

Shopto.net are releasing the game today.

I have chose Ukmail next day delivery so if all goes well i will be playing Fm tommorow.

Shopto.net - £23.95 (add £1.95 for next day delivery)

If anyone is going to place an order off shopto.net then e-mail me as we then both get £1 off the next thing we buy off there. Seems small but all helps

For those that have used shop.to and Ukmail have you had the final email yet with the ref no. for Ukmail? The last one I received from shop to said its been dispatched and if the next email doesn't arrive in 5 mins, to log on and view orders. That was about an hour ago. I'm guessing that its just due to sheer volume, and they are waiting for the Ukmail refs?

Mine's the same. When I log into my account, it says 'completed', not 'despatched'.

Mine's the same. When I log into my account, it says 'completed', not 'despatched'.

Yeah, my mistake got ahead of myself. The last email I received said that the account has been charged, not that the game has been dispatched. Although got the txt a while ago saying it was dispatched. I'm thinking that we wont be getting the UKmail ref till this afternoon. Don't know why they included the "Shortly you should receive an email with the details of your order, in the event the email should not arrive in the next 5 minutes please Login to your account and click the Order Tab" remark though!

Just do what the email suggests and log on to their site. I did this and it confirmed my order has been sent.

Just received from Zavvi:

The release date for this item is the 30/10/09 .

We are expecting the Royal Mail to be on strike Thursday and Friday this week which may cause a slight delay with this item .

We dispatch goods as soon as they arrive at our warehouse from the supplier and always try our best to send out and deliver pre-order items as close to the release date as possible.

We aim to send the item out a few days prior the release date in the hope that you will receive the item on or as close to the 30/10 as possible .

Still awaiting stock pick with a dispatch date of 30/10 :(

Just do what the email suggests and log on to their site. I did this and it confirmed my order has been sent.

Yep, done that and it does say dispatched with a ref for Ukmail. Not much point in checking that ref until tomorrow though. Fingers crossed someone is home when they deliver!

Just received from Zavvi:

The release date for this item is the 30/10/09 .

We are expecting the Royal Mail to be on strike Thursday and Friday this week which may cause a slight delay with this item .

We dispatch goods as soon as they arrive at our warehouse from the supplier and always try our best to send out and deliver pre-order items as close to the release date as possible.

We aim to send the item out a few days prior the release date in the hope that you will receive the item on or as close to the 30/10 as possible .

Still awaiting stock pick with a dispatch date of 30/10 :(

Seems pretty much the bog standard reply. It would seem they have them in stock so going on that they'll be released today... You would think.

Archived