Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ordered with zavvi 15/09/09. order status is PROCESSING now, not AWAITING STOCK.

Emailed them yesterday.

Sent by You on 26 October 2009, 15:51

what day will you be dispatching item? with postal backlog whats chances of receiving friday?

Sent by zavvi on 27 October 2009, 10:43

I am sorry that you have not received your order.

Football Manager 2010 [PC] has been sent to you today.

Delivery usually takes 3-5 working days from our Warehouse in the Channel Islands via first class Royal Mail. Should your order not arrive to you within that time you need to allow 10 full working days for delivery before notifying us then we can track this with Royal Mail.

If you have not received your order by the 10th November 2009 then please contact us and we will be able to look into this further for you.

Some of you people really are unbelievable.

What difference does a day or two make when you'll have a full year to play it...?

Going out at midnight to buy a copy, ordering about a million different copies hoping one will arrive a life changing 24 hours early, then having to go through the hassle of sending the rest back.

God help some folk when they have to venture out into the real world.

What difference does a day or two make when you'll have a full year to play it...?

Going out at midnight to buy a copy, ordering about a million different copies hoping one will arrive a life changing 24 hours early, then having to go through the hassle of sending the rest back.

This is spot on.

This is spot on.

Now come on mate. We all know its a game, but most of us regress back to a 5 year old kid walking back from a shop with our mums with a brand new toy waiting to play it. Dont take that little bit of childhood away from us. We can act however we want its our money & we want to play a game.

I wouldn't be happy if I were Zaavi or any other retailer losing orders because ShopTo are releasing early while SI remain silent on the issue. Its about time SI took their heads out of their backsides and said the release date is brought forward to tomorrow. They could also clarify the release date of the patch rather than stay silent and throw a strop when people ask a simple question. I haven't bothered with the demo but look forward to the game. Its just a pity there's so much childishness from a section of the community and the developpers about clarifying issues on the release date which are painfully obvious today.

im also getting my game tomorrow but could someone please confirm if there is going to be a release day patch ??

Is so whats in the patch ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles Jacobson

We will aim to release the patch at some point on October 30th, although we obviously cannot guarantee that at this stage, or give a time. I apologise in advance if it ends up slightly later than this, as I'm about to go away on a PR tour round Europe, so want be on the forums much to update about it.

Can't believe the lengths some people are going to on here! Just imagine that the release date is next friday and therefore anything before then is a bonus. You managed to go last week without kicking up a fuss so why should you be fussing over it now?

Anyway, ordered mine for £7.95 so not bothered when it turns up tbh.

Seems like Shopto have an unlimited amount of copies!

I agree as mine says dispatched as well. I originally pre ordered from play but its cheaper on shopto and they said they will be taking precautions for the strike so hoping I will be playing this whole weekend! Also my email from them says I should receive the item tomorrow...surely not?

Seems like Shopto have an unlimited amount of copies!

Normally they only have around 500 stock, well fm09 did last year. But im guessing it will be around the same this year. Although before they actually run out of stock they order more in, so therefore are rarely out of stock on all the massive games.

I wouldn't be happy if I were Zaavi or any other retailer losing orders because ShopTo are releasing early while SI remain silent on the issue. Its about time SI took their heads out of their backsides and said the release date is brought forward to tomorrow. They could also clarify the release date of the patch rather than stay silent and throw a strop when people ask a simple question. I haven't bothered with the demo but look forward to the game. Its just a pity there's so much childishness from a section of the community and the developpers about clarifying issues on the release date which are painfully obvious today.

SI give everybody a release date. In this day and age this is always going to happen as some retailers are posting from different areas, but all trying to get the game to people by friday.

In an internet world the only way SI could do it is probably only give the retailers the game say 2 days before release, but this would probably be a logistical nightmare.

And as has been said above, is it really that big a deal if there's a couple of days between people getting them. You pays your money and takes your chance if you order it online. You may get lucky, you may get unlucky, or you can guarentee you get it release day by walking into a shop. You can also take note of who delivers quickest on previous releases.

I'm sure SI will be monitoring anyone who releases early for their own peace of mind, as their customers will demand fair play I imagine. It's not their doing if some release it early, but there is probably something they can do about it for future releases, but if we are talking a day or two then I can't see how that's ever going to change, and when the online sites tend to say 3-5 days delivery which probably covers their arses for 1 or 2 days difference

Can't believe the lengths some people are going to on here! Just imagine that the release date is next friday and therefore anything before then is a bonus. You managed to go last week without kicking up a fuss so why should you be fussing over it now?

Anyway, ordered mine for £7.95 so not bothered when it turns up tbh.

£7.95??

Where from pray tell.

I registered with shopto, but because I am at work all day tomorrow, I was going to get it delivered to my parents house as I know they are in all day. However, until you have made two orders, you have to get it delivered to the same place as the Billing address.

Oh well, Friday it is then.

Yes Ollyh and jonfun if you have ordered before 5:30pm as you both blatenly have done & asked for UKmail delivery it will arrive tomorrow between the hours of 9am -6pm.

Trust me i order from Shopto very frequently.

SI give everybody a release date. In this day and age this is always going to happen as some retailers are posting from different areas, but all trying to get the game to people by friday.

In an internet world the only way SI could do it is probably only give the retailers the game say 2 days before release, but this would probably be a logistical nightmare.

And as has been said above, is it really that big a deal if there's a couple of days between people getting them. You pays your money and takes your chance if you order it online. You may get lucky, you may get unlucky, or you can guarentee you get it release day by walking into a shop. You can also take note of who delivers quickest on previous releases.

I'm sure SI will be monitoring anyone who releases early for their own peace of mind, as their customers will demand fair play I imagine. It's not their doing if some release it early, but there is probably something they can do about it for future releases, but if we are talking a day or two then I can't see how that's ever going to change, and when the online sites tend to say 3-5 days delivery which probably covers their arses for 1 or 2 days difference

Fair points but lets be honest - they've had these problems before. If the release date was brought forward to tomorrow, it wouldn't be a major shock. Also, the initial post from SI on this particular issue states "there's no plan at this stage to bring the release forward" - the inclusion of "at this stage" would indicate it willl ultimately be brought forward. Ironically, that post began with the words "For clarity" - they really should clarify it now given the comments today.

well shopto just messed up my order, they charged my card then my order mysteriously vanished so I currently have credit with them, rang them up said I need to re-place the order and that they are dispatching the game tomorrow.

So maybe they have sold their current stock already and have to wait for another delivery before dispatching anymore :(

Yes Ollyh and jonfun if you have ordered before 5:30pm as you both blatenly have done & asked for UKmail delivery it will arrive tomorrow between the hours of 9am -6pm.

Trust me i order from Shopto very frequently.

Fantastic thanks, off to order it :)

Yay \o/

Well switching to ShopTo worked. Within 35 minutes of ordering with ShopTo it's been despatched now going throught the cancellation request at Zavvi.

So for those who have ever received anything off UK Mail what time do they deliver?

Between 9 - 6 lol

Fair points but lets be honest - they've had these problems before. If the release date was brought forward to tomorrow, it wouldn't be a major shock. Also, the initial post from SI on this particular issue states "there's no plan at this stage to bring the release forward" - the inclusion of "at this stage" would indicate it willl ultimately be brought forward. Ironically, that post began with the words "For clarity" - they really should clarify it now given the comments today.

but if they suddenly brought it forward now, that would **** off a lot of retailers that have stuck to getting it to people for friday and would be stuck with loads of stock as people would suddenly start cancelling. It's always going to be like this whilst you have online shipping as far as I can see

there's nothing to say zavvi haven't already despatched loads and are leaving the statuses that way so SI don't think they are taking the mick, and they suddenly find lots of cancellations coming their way

I'll stick with zavvi and as long as I get it before early next week I'm not that arsed tbh

I registered with shopto, but because I am at work all day tomorrow, I was going to get it delivered to my parents house as I know they are in all day. However, until you have made two orders, you have to get it delivered to the same place as the Billing address.

Oh well, Friday it is then.

I have a similar problem - I've just moved and RBS are taking forever to change my billing address, so I can't make an order with shopto as it would be sent to the wrong address. Frustrating!

Archived