Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

I am another whose Zavvi order has been showing as awaiting dispatch all day and is still showing that status. Saying that my problem could also be I have 2 copies pre-ordered, one for a friend, so maybe one has been dispatched while the other hasn't.

I haven't had an email of any sort about my order since I pre-ordered it in the middle of September.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only First-Class

Should still be ok. I only had Super Saver Delivery but changed it last week to First Class and that says 1-2 Business days after dispatch so hopefully will be here by Friday providing its dispatched on Thursday which it will be. Only reason I really want it for Friday is because of the weekend really, have plenty of time to play it then.

Zavi have emailed me saying I should receive my game tomorrow!

Nice one. :thup:

Hope you do get it from them tomorrow as it will show me how impulsive I was and that I should of just waited. Mind you that would mean my Zavvi order coming as well as the ShopTo one so 2 copies of FM10 then. ;)

Nice one. :thup:

Hope you do get it from them tomorrow as it will show me how impulsive I was and that I should of just waited. Mind you that would mean my Zavvi order coming as well as the ShopTo one so 2 copies of FM10 then. ;)

Ha ha, a dedicated Football Manager just what we like to see. Yes I really do hope it arrives tomorrow!

I sort've have mixed feelings, a bit disappointed that it looks like some people will get their games tomorrow when they ordered today with shopto but on the other hand I've been calm throughout as I knew my game would arrive with amazon by release day (god damn better be anyway :D ) so haven't had the last minute panic and uncertainty like many.

I'm so confused. I had a payment problem earlier with zavvi and fixed it. I emailed them to check all was ok and they said payment was now fine, however I now have an email from them saying there is a problem with payment, but my order status says processing.

How does that work?

i ordered at about 6.30pm tonight from shopto theres nothing about process i get to the end of order where you select postage type i picked 1.99 ukmail then it says thts my preorder then nothing else apart from saying its pre ordered no money been taking where does it say processing or whatever its status. thanks

will just stay as a live pre-order until they process that, just leave it then tomorrow it will become a firm order and thery will process it.

Everyone is on about shopto.net dispatching early, they arn't the only ones as HMV are now shipping it says on their website. So I could have easily ordered today and got next day delivery (as long as it wasn't the joke of a company, Royal Mail) and had it by 2mrw (wednesday) the same time as people who have ordered off shopto.net.

Can I just ask, will I need to sign for it when it comes? And will I have any warning?

Not necessarily you personally but it will have to be someone over 18. Well thats been my experience anyway.

For those who have had confirmation of tomorrow delivery, what actually happened? Who emailed? And when? Thanks :D Have to do something to stave off the boredom, so asking random questions sounds like a good idea.

Got an email from uk mail saying that it would definitely be delivered tomorrow some time in the morning. I've had deliveries from uk mail in the past and i've nearly alway got them between 10-11am.

Everyone is on about shopto.net dispatching early, they arn't the only ones as HMV are now shipping it says on their website. So I could have easily ordered today and got next day delivery (as long as it wasn't the joke of a company, Royal Mail) and had it by 2mrw (wednesday) the same time as people who have ordered off shopto.net.

I might be completely wrong here but isn't HMV's warehouse in the Channel Islands or somewhere like that? If so I think the chances of you getting something tomorrow that you ordered today is very slim indeed.

What would you like me to confirm? Current plans are that they game will be available from 12.01 GMT on Friday. We're aiming for a preload to start sometime during Thursday. Don't think there's anything else to say?

Great to see Steam download should be available from midnight in line with Tesco's.

How about any confirmation on the Patch? Still planning to be the 30th? Will it also be available through steam or this website to download at 12.01GMT on Friday or are we going to have to wait after we have the game before its available?

Thanks for taking the time.

Whilst I can understand why people are keen to get the game as soon as possible, I can't get my head around why people are willing to pay £7.00 extra just to get the game one or two days earlier.

Not only that, but the patch won't be released until Friday morning at the earliest and I for one would rather begin my career game in the best possible circumstances.

Shopto.net are excellent. They've never failed the next day delivery promise with me and I use them often. If you ordered from them orginially then you've made an excellent choice. However, if you ordered from Zavvi for £17.95 before the price went up and then cancelled it to order from elsewhere then I can't help but think you must be slightly deficient because I would consider £7.00 a significant price difference. It's not an intelligence test anyone should fail. Even if you do get the game a whole one day early.

Whilst I can understand why people are keen to get the game as soon as possible, I can't get my head around why people are willing to pay £7.00 extra just to get the game one or two days earlier.

Not only that, but the patch won't be released until Friday morning at the earliest and I for one would rather begin my career game in the best possible circumstances.

Shopto.net are excellent. They've never failed the next day delivery promise with me and I use them often. If you ordered from them orginially then you've made an excellent choice. However, if you ordered from Zavvi for £17.95 before the price went up and then cancelled it to order from elsewhere then I can't help but think you must be slightly deficient because I would consider £7.00 a significant price difference. It's not an intelligence test anyone should fail. Even if you do get the game a whole one day early.

For some people £7.00 is not significant, including myself infact its peanuts. For the sake of a piddling amount I would go for convenience over cost in almost any given situation. This does not make you more intelligent or me more stupid it just means we have different priorites.

seems ukmail have messed mine up :(

ordered Fm2010 yesterday to be sent by ukmail and a couple of things i was non fussed about which i sent by the free RM service

the RM stuff just arrived a couple of minutes ago, i checked my uk mail item no and it says possibly delayed, last scan was a discrepancy scan in birmingham L( wouldnt mind but i live in bleeding Glasgow

Still just processing from Zavvi, what does SI say about people gettting the game early then?

@mattbuck, could you take the picture off the page please, a link is enough. :)

Have done, now can you please point me towards a thread that says what will be fixed in the first patch. :)

A question for SI/SEGA. Now it appears that people could possibly be playing 2 days prior to release date due to FM being sent out early. Will you be monitoring it and if enough people are saying they have the game, would you consider bringing forward the release via other methods (digital download, retail, Steam etc) to keep things on an even playing field?

For some people £7.00 is not significant, including myself infact its peanuts. For the sake of a piddling amount I would go for convenience over cost in almost any given situation. This does not make you more intelligent or me more stupid it just means we have different priorites.

same here mate £7 is just peanuts and my game is on the van and out for delivery this morning and I changed from Zavvi at 2pm yesterday. I understand that some people think £7 is a lot of money but convenience is worth a bit more

Zavvi won't even let me login to my account now, it just gets stuck on loading for ever. Not that I'm expecting getting the delivery on Friday nor even next week (or the week after that). The last time I ordered something from the UK, it took over a month (actually got two copies, since I complained after two weeks, and they sent a second one, which took another month). Whenever ordering something from the US or Japan, I get them in one week tops. From this you would think Finland was located between Japan and the US in the Pacific and not where it actually is.

K***s on epäoikeudenmukainen kusipää!

same here mate £7 is just peanuts and my game is on the van and out for delivery this morning and I changed from Zavvi at 2pm yesterday. I understand that some people think £7 is a lot of money but convenience is worth a bit more

This is true. Its a FACT, people pay extra for convenience. If its convenient for you to get the game on-time/early, then you will pay for it. It works the same in many things. You want your take-away delivered to your door - add a delivery charge as its convenient etc etc

How is getting the game early "more convenient" though, mate? Would you pay £7.00 extra for a DVD or a CD? I'm not saying that £7.00 is a great deal of money in the grand scheme of things but in this context it's roughly a 25% increase!

How is getting the game early "more convenient" though, mate? Would you pay £7.00 extra for a DVD or a CD? I'm not saying that £7.00 is a great deal of money in the grand scheme of things but in this context it's roughly a 25% increase!

Divide that extra £7 between the hours of play you get from FM. Its cracking value!

Archived