I'll carry on until I achieve at least these goals :

1,000 assist career player.

1,000 goal career player x5

Back to back champions league titles.

Entire season unbeaten.

Full team of youth products.

:thup:

So I'm in it for the lonnnnng haul :D

Only a couple of things you want to do with it then! :)

Great stuff :thup: You got there in the end. Still think it's fantastic you've had both Wallace and Smylie on this one save.

Are you going to let him sit on the bench or keep him going? Presumably you could make the team a lot stronger by dropping him at this point...think that's why achievements like this are so hard - finding a youth player who's good enough to throw straight in, then being willing to keep him in the team even when he's on the decline.

Congrats

When players are happy and playing well, they don't tend to retire, which is brilliant news for you Nep! :thup: It's entirely possible that Smylie could play into his 40's given that he's still happy, performing well and because the demands on a player in Northern Ireland are much less than the demands of some of the top leagues in the world! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Knockbreda Parish FC, Season 45 [2052/2053]

First Team

First, I would like to congratulate the team of Season 52/53, on winning the 40th Consecutive League Title for Knockbreda. I didn't really initially think much of it, but then wondered just how many generations of footballers I'd been through, from the 1st Season, to the 40th. I so, however, find it amazing that the Right hand side striker position, has only ever been occupied by 2 people over that 40 year period. If I make it to 50 Consecutive league titles, I think I'll do a special post on the history of the players involved :thup:

Team Sheet

N. Irish Premier Division - Winners

N. Irish League Cup - Runner Up (v Linfield)

N. Irish Antrim Cup - Winners

Champions League - First Knock-Out Round

All Ireland Cup - Semi-Final[/url]

N. Irish Cup - Winners

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Coefficients

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Richest Clubs

Staff

Transfers

Team Sheet

The Awards

Fans Player of the Year - Andrew "The Legend" Smylie

Manager of the Year - Craig Douglas [NepentheZ]

N. Irish Player of the Year - Youth Player 1

The Player

Andrew Smylie - A spectacular return of 70 goals, form the Striker this season. And he even proved on a few occasions, that he can hit the form he did, in his early years.

Youth Player 1 - 31 years old now, and should be in his pomp, but his attributes actually seemed to have declined. Played an important role this season, and bagged 40 goals in the process.

Summary

Another tough season, but I'm enjoying it so much more now there is competition. This was the first time in 3 seasons I didn't lose a game in the League Campaign, and I even lost 2 cup competitions domestically. I've got a good team assembled now, but I'm conceding more goals than ever, unable to achieve the "Less than 10 goals a season" in the league now.

Smylie has 3,109 Goals now. He won Fans Player of the year at the end of that season, But Youth Player 1 won it for the 3 years previous, but prior to that, Smylie had won it from 2031-2032 season, all the way through to the 2048/49 season. :D

Total ownage.

The odd thing now is, I'm really finding it hard to get another striker that can even score 1,000. I have just signed a guy who is 23, and pretty awesome, but I just don't know how long he'll stay, because he is a great player. Easily one of the best the club has seen. I've had soooo many Strikers in my time, that could get 2,000+ (Castanho, Lee Jolly, Leonardo Troncoso, Alejandro Lopez) - but they were all about the club in the Smylie Golden Years.

They all went on to do great things, too, with Troncoso being Argentina's all time leading scorer, and Jolly eventually went on to win 2 Champions League titles with Knockbreda. Its just that, he was an AMC/ST - So I had to play him in the MC role.

I don't use editors. :thdn:

I don't use them either I would just be tempted if I had a player of his quality and his goalscoring record.

I wouldn't have thought his PA would be massive though.

I mean, he's nowhere near the best player (attribute wise), ever produced iirc.

He's just got the right attributes, in the right places, to be a goalscoring machine.

He is either footed remember so that adds a good bit to his PA that isn't shown through attributes. A right footed playert with those attributes i'd put in the 140-150 PA mark so i'd say he has a very high PA.

I don't use them either I would just be tempted if I had a player of his quality and his goalscoring record.

He is either footed remember so that adds a good bit to his PA that isn't shown through attributes. A right footed playert with those attributes i'd put in the 140-150 PA mark so i'd say he has a very high PA.

Without knowing huge amounts about it, i'd put him at less then 185.

Congratulations on the achievement.. I don't know how you managed to play a team for so long, but you've done well.

Also, how do you find out a player's career goals? I've looked in history, obviously, but that just counts the league goals, and the statistics on the bottom of the player's profile just show the current year statistics. Do you have to count the goals he gets each year through statistics and then just add them up? Surely there's a way to find out how many goals they've scored in all competitions somewhere.. I just can't see it.

Edit: Never mind, I've found it. Best Eleven. Excuse me.. and congratulations once more on Andrew Smylie's achievements.. 3000 goals, what an effort. :D

Congratulations on the achievement.. I don't know how you managed to play a team for so long, but you've done well.

Also, how do you find out a player's career goals? I've looked in history, obviously, but that just counts the league goals, and the statistics on the bottom of the player's profile just show the current year statistics. Do you have to count the goals he gets each year through statistics and then just add them up? Surely there's a way to find out how many goals they've scored in all competitions somewhere.. I just can't see it.

Edit: Never mind, I've found it. Best Eleven. Excuse me.. and congratulations once more on Andrew Smylie's achievements.. 3000 goals, what an effort. :D

Sometimes the best eleven is not accurate so i would do it the 'hard' way by checking the overall in all the season's in history.

In a twisted way, Smylie is playing beyond his means this season. I've been playing him as a bit part player, coming on when I'm comfortably winning, and starting games I should really dominate teams in.

And so...

In 9 Starts, and 7 Sub apps, he has still managed to bag 15 goals :D

He's really proving just how awesome he really is. 3,060 club goals now, too. Realistically, 3,100 as a final tally, would be immense. I don't know how long he will keep playing, but his attributes are still worthy of 30-40 goals a season. If his decline continues at the current rate, he can easily play another 3-4 seasons. I'd love that. :D

Archived