[FM08] Knockbreda F.C - 1 Man. 3,000 Dreams

NepentheZ

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks very much for the replies here lads :thup:

It definitely makes it worth ignoring FM10 to carry on with this save, when I get humbled with such amazing responses. I am immensely proud that Smylie has reached 3,000 goals. Who would have thought it. I don't think I'm close to finding someone to getting 3,000 again, let alone 5,000 ;) - quite simply because, I don't dominate teams like I used to any more. In fact, this current campaign, will be mighty close as to weather or not I win the league. (well, thats how it looks 20 games in).

But yeah, Smylie to 3,000 Club goals is my next target. After that, who know :D If I keep playing him, maybe he will carry on 'till he is 40. I just need to get the N. Irish job to give him 2 more Caps so that he becomes the all time cap holder, as well as goal scorer.

This is a phenomenal achievement. Well done Nep.

How long are you going to continue. That 15 year old you posted looks like he could become a cracking player for you as well. Saying that your "in game manager" will be dead by the time he gets towards 3000.

Sounds good Nep! :thup:

I know what it's like to have a lack of a great goalscorer, i've barely had time to play FM09 and try and get Bernard Brennan to 1,000 recently. I've played about 3 months of 12 in a new season, 2 of which have been simming the summer and pre-season :( Damn coursework and revision! :mad:

'Mon Smylie - You're almost there lad :D

I see your biggest defeat was against the Super Saints

Anyways, super stuff Well done

Yeah :( That was the first year I ever made it to the All Ireland Cup :D

C'mon Smylie, score 24 then retire :D

By the way, how is that Raymond Bell guy getting on?

Not progressing like I'd hoped. I sent him out on loan last season, and he scored 12 in 24 (which isn't great, for the loan club he went to) - and his attributes have declined in the last 12 months. I don't think he's going to be my next big thing :(

They're the other team I manage :)

After a while, it got too easy with Knockbreda, they people suggested I should try and do the same with another team, while managing Knockbreda. So, Dungiven were the first team I had the chance to take over (A team with no history, and never been in the leagues) - and that took about 5 years to wait for :D

So yeah, thats why.

Last season (Which I have the update for, but haven't put on the forums yet) - he scored a decent amount of goals. He's 25 club goals away now. I've not really had time to play it that much since I've got back off holiday though, with work, and MW2, I barely fit any time in :D

Knockbreda Parish FC, Season 44 [2051/2052]

First Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish Premier Division - Winners

N. Irish League Cup - Winners

N. Irish Antrim Cup - Runner Up (v Linfield)

Champions League - First Knock-Out Round

All Ireland Cup - Winners

N. Irish Cup - Winners

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Coefficients

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Richest Clubs

Staff

Transfers

Team Sheet

The Awards

Fans Player of the Year - Youth Player 1

Manager of the Year - Craig Douglas [NepentheZ]

N. Irish Player of the Year - Youth Player 1

The Records

Andrew Smylie - Most League Apps (495)

The Player

Andrew Smylie - Another 55 goals from the 37 year old. Now only 25 goals away from 3,000 club career goals.

Youth Player 1 - 14 years he's spent as Smylies partner up front so far. The guy is already 30, and thats crazy. I thought Smylie would bow out age 33 or 34, and that YP1 would take the glory years for a good 7 or 8 seasons, but Smylie keeps ploughing on. YP1 has been getting the awards recently, due to Smylies demise, and hopefully, he will go onto his 1,000 career goals, and put himself right up there alongside Wallace and Smylie.

Summary

A very, very difficult season. I lost a couple of games I shouldn't have, my first game in 33 seasons in the League Cup, and Drew far too many in the league. It was close right up to about match day 25, when Linfield finally began to drop points, and allow me to take top spot. A tense season, the sooner Smylie hits 3,000, the better, because I need a 100% Striker there in the coming seasons, not an old boy :D

FWIW : After this, and posting this in Gundo's Challenge thread, it will make me have 14,999 posts. I will not post again, until its a screenshot of Smylie scoring his 3,000th goal. So if he some how doesn't ever make it. Its goodbye from me. I've had fun posting on the forums, but I think it will be fitting to make Smylie's 3,000th goal, my 15,000th post.

Knockbreda Parish FC, Season 44 [2051/2052]

First Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish Premier Division - Winners

N. Irish League Cup - Winners

N. Irish Antrim Cup - Runner Up (v Linfield)

Champions League - First Knock-Out Round

All Ireland Cup - Winners

N. Irish Cup - Winners

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Coefficients

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Richest Clubs

Staff

Transfers

Team Sheet

The Awards

Fans Player of the Year - Youth Player 1

Manager of the Year - Craig Douglas [NepentheZ]

N. Irish Player of the Year - Youth Player 1

The Records

Andrew Smylie - Most League Apps (495)

The Player

Andrew Smylie - Another 55 goals from the 37 year old. Now only 25 goals away from 3,000 club career goals.

Youth Player 1 - 14 years he's spent as Smylies partner up front so far. The guy is already 30, and thats crazy. I thought Smylie would bow out age 33 or 34, and that YP1 would take the glory years for a good 7 or 8 seasons, but Smylie keeps ploughing on. YP1 has been getting the awards recently, due to Smylies demise, and hopefully, he will go onto his 1,000 career goals, and put himself right up there alongside Wallace and Smylie.

Summary

A very, very difficult season. I lost a couple of games I shouldn't have, my first game in 33 seasons in the League Cup, and Drew far too many in the league. It was close right up to about match day 25, when Linfield finally began to drop points, and allow me to take top spot. A tense season, the sooner Smylie hits 3,000, the better, because I need a 100% Striker there in the coming seasons, not an old boy :D

FWIW : After this, and posting this in Gundo's Challenge thread, it will make me have 14,999 posts. I will not post again, until its a screenshot of Smylie scoring his 3,000th goal. So if he some how doesn't ever make it. Its goodbye from me. I've had fun posting on the forums, but I think it will be fitting to make Smylie's 3,000th goal, my 15,000th post.

Haha Smylie to retire and Nepenthez to never come back again :(

The Legend.

The Goal.

TheGoal.jpg

The Game.

TheGame.jpg

3,000 goals complete. (.pkm linked there)

On top of everything, he even got recalled to the national side this year, although didn't make it even to the bench for any of the 4 games. You never know though, those 2 extra caps to make him N Irelands all time cap holder, might come.

What a relief..!! I thought I might never get to post on the forums again. Its been SO hard not posting since the last post either. But there we have it. 3,000 of the best.

That would just top it off. :D I was so sure I'd be N. Ireland manager before he retired, but Kerr just wont go away :(

If 1 Striker gets injured, Smylie will make the bench. Then, coming on as a sub is a real possibility. I might just hard tackle all the Strikers when I face them :D

That would just top it off. :D I was so sure I'd be N. Ireland manager before he retired, but Kerr just wont go away :(

If 1 Striker gets injured, Smylie will make the bench. Then, coming on as a sub is a real possibility. I might just hard tackle all the Strikers when I face them :D

Definitely! :D

It really would be the icing on the cake if he got the caps.

How old is the Northern Ireland manager? Any chance of him retiring soon?

C.

Cheesy thread tittle :D

Congratz Smylie, amazing.

Sporting Lisbon are Rich !!!! How ?

No idea. They've won the CL 2 times, IIRC, but that was a couple of decades ago

Definitely! :D

It really would be the icing on the cake if he got the caps.

How old is the Northern Ireland manager? Any chance of him retiring soon?

C.

He's into his 60's now. I've been hoping he would retire for about 10 years. :D

Great stuff Nep. Awesome achievement!

What next? Will you play on till Smylie hangs up his golden boots or get stuck into FM10?

I'll play his career out. I'm going to wait for the patch for FM10. I just really didn't enjoy my first 6 months on 10.0.1.

Also, I want to see if YP1 can get 1,000 assists :D

Superb achievement Nep It'll be a shame to see this save die when you start on FM10. Will you try and re-create this or try a different league?

I'm not sure. Might give the Level 10 challenge another shot, because the idea of that blows me away - For some reason, it really wouldn't feel right if I got Knockbreda on another save

That's just ridiculous :D

Great achievement :thup:

Thanks Olly. :thup: - Always nice for an SI Employee to read my thread and see :D

Totally awesome, I soo want a save like this, great stuff!!!

Its taken me so much time and effort..!! But yeah, the rewards are fantastic.

Archived