[FM08] Knockbreda F.C - 1 Man. 3,000 Dreams

NepentheZ

Damn :( A week without Smylie is unthinkable :eek: Hopefully you can recover the files and get playing again soon :)

I just did two weeks (likely to be three now).

I missed the 2.000 day. :(

1st thread I've visited since coming back!

In 4 days I will go away for another two weeks. /o\

And of course I hope you recover the files.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a good file here, I believe. I have a similar save with Albert Foundry (in the premier league, got a prolific goalscorer called Adam Rowley) but haven't won the league yet. Been finding it hard to capitalise. Might boot it up again now. You've given me the motivation :D

I actually had a dream about supporting Knockbreda the other night. :D

I was in a crowd and we (Knockbreda) were playing away from home. Everyone was chanting something and I remember being aware that Knockbreda were playing well and probably winning. There were a lot of banners in the away end but this one guy was holding up a banner with 'Knockabreda' written on it. I was absolutely outraged with his misspelling the name of the club. :D

Can't remember if Smylie was playing or not!

That'll teach me for surfing the careers forum before I go to bed. :p

Regards,

C.

:D that sounds like a wierd dream. I actually couldn't sleep for a while last night due to becoming champions of Northern Ireland. Some achievment, I guess, but it was the first time I had taken a team from Bottom to top.

Also, does anyone know how to trigger professionalism in Northern Ireland? It would take quite a while to gain 5M in the bank, and Linfield have it even though they only have 3.7M in the bank. Anyone know (in particular NepentheZ)?

I've just thought of another achievment when (or if) you get your game back- win more premier league titles than Linfield. They've got something ridiculous, into the 50's. Would be some achievment to top them as the most succesful northern Irish club ever based on number of titles. Obviously, you have more quality with two champions leagues, but quantity....their history page is the most loaded of any club I have seen (including Celtic and Rangers and Ferencvaros)

Hopefully I can sort of replicate (not a chance :D) your Success in my Albert save. I've just notched up my second ever league title, and been inducted into the Northern Irish hall of fame. Hopefully this will give me the chance to turn pro, eh? :D

I just hope you have anything personal password-protected. It has come out that computer repair shops have been opening private folders and taking information and pictures which they shouldn't, but I'm sure there's nothing to worry about as most computer repair shops across the UK are likely to be under review after the incident.

I just don't know how you do it Nep! I've been running a FM08 game as Lisburn Rangers for ages now, and I'm up to about 2027 now and I still can't see how you have achieved so much! It seems like every 2 years every key player (except the home-grown ones) get stroppy and so I have to rejig my squad again. I'm in the top 50 club ratings now and reaching knockout stages of CL and EC but no reputation boost and I still can't get anyone to sign outside of eastern europe mainly.

You have a super stadium too, yet I'm only at around 18000 and it only gets increased by about 3000 every two years following planning permission hiccups.

So just how did you manage to get so far? Can you impart some wisdom to me to get me up to that next level?

P.S My homegrown 21 year old striker just scored 88 last season in all comps, bringing him close to 300 already, NI definitely is the league to be in, though my guy is no Smylie!

Laptop : Not back yet. No news. Should get it back soon though.

jacky : Great work getting that far. I got a new stadium built for me, because they wouldn't increase the old one. So that was fortunate. I also lose key players every season almost, but I have about 50 players in my reseves, all highly recommended by my scouts, so usually there is someone to fit right in. I'm trying hard to get rid the foreign players, because I want to win everything with a fully homegown squad in the next 5-10 years :D

Laptop : Not back yet. No news. Should get it back soon though.

jacky : Great work getting that far. I got a new stadium built for me, because they wouldn't increase the old one. So that was fortunate. I also lose key players every season almost, but I have about 50 players in my reseves, all highly recommended by my scouts, so usually there is someone to fit right in. I'm trying hard to get rid the foreign players, because I want to win everything with a fully homegown squad in the next 5-10 years :D

Nep, just a query, what kind of players can you scout and also get on player search screen? I rarely get anyone above 700k from either eastern europe or south america. I am guessing you can do a lot more. Did that only happen after you won the UEFA Cup or before?

what does smylie have a star like this *

and how is he not valued over 1m ?

Nep adds it into his player's names as a way of keeping track of the best ones.

His value is probably low because of that asking price of £0 Nep has set.

Is it national, continental, worldwide...?

Worldwide.

what does smylie have a star like this *

and how is he not valued over 1m ?

I use a group of characters to denote player importance to the team

Nep, just a query, what kind of players can you scout and also get on player search screen? I rarely get anyone above 700k from either eastern europe or south america. I am guessing you can do a lot more. Did that only happen after you won the UEFA Cup or before?

IIRC, I could get players up to about £8,000,000 on my player search screen.

Nep adds it into his player's names as a way of keeping track of the best ones.

His value is probably low because of that asking price of £0 Nep has set.

His value is low because I'm in N. Ireland, and for no other reason :( Even when his value wasn't set at £0 - he was only valued @ £1,200,000

wow thats impressive. Well done. Why are they called youth player 1 etc and why does andrew smylie have a star next to his name?

Well done.

it's part of a thread in the 'Challenges, Sign Up and Experiments' forum, where people track progress of their 'Youth Players', which generally means the the best player of each years intake. The thread is called 'Neppo's Youth Project 09' which coincidentally is run by Nep himself.

linkage

I've just noticed Smylie's most recent value in the OP

£575K? Ok,its in Northern Ireland and the quality of the league is not the best, but if you were an english club, someone with that many goals to his name in any league is worth a £1M punt surely?

Not saying you would sell, because of the 3000 goal thing, but in theory.

I still don't have my Mac back. It initially went in diagnosed with an issue, which they fixed. However, this didn't fix my computer, so now, they need to test all different parts. The only problem is, Apple only send 1 part at a time out to be tested, so until they find the correct part that is broken, I wont get it back. It could be Monday, it could be Friday, it could be weeks away. I really don't know :(

• 1 month later...

First game back, and incidentally, the first game of the 2046/47 season.

Knockbreda 16 - 0 Ards

Youth Player 1 [scored 6]

Andrew Smylie [scored 8]

Cano

Manco

:D

41 Shots in total :D

the 2 Strikers had 27 shots between them and Cano had 8. So 35 of the 41 shots were from 3 players :D

Archived