Neppo's Youth Player Project - FM09

Neppo's FM09 - Youth Player Project

Youth Player Project - FM08's Illustrious Thread.

Every year we get a new batch of youth players, and the Ass Man singles out the best one of them. (I'm assuming they have the best P.A of the group.)

My aim is to take this player, give them some first team football, and track their career, be it at Real London, or should they move on. Each season I will add a new player to the reports, (naturally) and just think it could be fun, interesting and informative of what happens with them.

Thread Rules :

There are no real "rules" - as this is a supplementary challenge, and can be run along side many, or even ANY of the other challenges in the forum, but I will ask that participants provide as many screen shots as possible. Day 1 of the players career and end of season screenshots, with small reports are what I opt for, but you can provide as many, or few as you wish. There is no limit to this challenge, nor is there a finishing post. You may come and go as you wish, and do not have to follow my example with taking a player every season. Should you wish, you could take on the player every 2, 5, 10 or even 50 seasons if you choose.

The most important thing is that you're enjoying and are dedicated to the challenge. And that you have fun.

Of course, the mandatory house rules, still apply within this thread.

Seasons marked with a "*" indicate the player was only on loan for that season

If other wish to use this, or a similar method to denote which seasons the player spent away from the club for a season, be my guest.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neppo's Youth Player Project's Hall of Fame

99j9jk.png

Introduction :

Welcome, to the Hall of Fame. Here, you will find the greatest ever players to have come through the youth ranks of clubs worldwide. These players spend a long time at each club, and deserve every credit for being entered into the HoF. It certainly takes a special player to get this far, and a special manager to help him.

To be entered into the Hall of Fame is no easy feat. There is no specific criteria, but players will have broken milestone records, be it 500 club appearances, or 100 international caps.

FM08 - Inducted Players:

John Adam - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Real London (2010-2029)

Nation: Scotland (2011-2011)

User: NepentheZ

Position: Striker

Kevin Fry - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Real London (2011-2026)

Nation: England (Uncapped)

User: NepentheZ

Position: AMR / Striker

Vlastimil Vaclavik - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Chmel Blsany (2019-2028)

Nation: Czech Republic (25 caps, 1 goal)

User: DodgeeD

Position: DLC/ML

Jake Carpenter - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Maidstone (2034-2051)

Nation: England (105 Caps, 10 Goals, Vice-Captain)

User: mag man

Position: AMR/L/C

Liu Lijia - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Guangdong Rizhiquan (2010-2023)

Nation: China (3 caps)

User: rancer890

Zhu Jinhui - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Guangdong Rizhiquan (2015-2023)

Nation: China (7 caps, 2 goals)

FM09 - Inducted Players:

Dong Tao - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Guangdong Rizhiquan (2009-2029)

Nation: China (75 caps, 7 goals)

User: taylorb

Position: Defender, Midfielder (Left)

John Puckett - Hall of Fame Record

Club: FC United of Manchester (2015-2022)

Nation: England (61 caps, 26 goals)

User: hamilton162

Position: Defensive Midfilder, Attacking Midfielder (Right, Left, Center)

Javier - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Real Oviedo (2013-2024)

Nation: Spanish (65 caps, 2 goals)

Position: Defensive Midfielder (Left, Center), Wing Back (Left)

Josué Ramos - Hall of Fame Record

Club: Estudiantes Santander (2011-2023)

Nation: Mexico (12 caps, 3 goals)

User: Dodgee D

Position: Midfielder (Center)

Guest roberto922

Good to see this up, I'll be trying this with Everton I think (getting the game in around an hour). Out of interest, can I start this off with Shane Duffy who is currently in the Everton U-18s IRL? he's one of our better talents and I'll be playing him anyway as I want to see how I do playing with a really young side.

roberto922 - I'd prefer if it was genuine regens in the game, rather than players already in the game.

rancer890 - A member of the FM08 thread asked the same question, and I don't see any reason to keep a potentially dead thread alive with just a couple of posters over letting them post in here. So yea, FM08 updates are very welcome in here.

As for the HoF - depending on the posters and the activity this thread generates, I'll start inducting potential Hall of Famers in the coming weeks, and then devise a panel of judges as to who actually gets in. I'm going to set some strict criteria for the HoF'ers, all though one-off additions will be accepted. All will be explained eventually :D

Thanks to everyone taking part again. It was a very interesting thread for FM08, lets make this one bigger and better.

I checked on the website for the distributor here in Turkey and it seems FM09 won't go on sale until next Tuesday (I'm not even sure about that as there is no pre-order option available...) so my Blsany save will go on for now. I have another season completed so I think I'll just focus on those Prodigies who are currently in the first team in this thread. My aim is to get one of them inducted into the Hall Of Fame! :D

Thinking about the HoF, will John Adams still be the initial inductee Nep?

Will be doing this as I compete in canvey!!'s alphabet challenge -

Year 1 -

Player 1 - John Hunter, DC - AFC Wimbledon

Initial profile

He's got the potential to be one of the best players at the club imo, and he will definitely feature this season even at such a tender age (presumably i'm allowed to play 15 year olds in the BSP)

michaelmurrayuk - Keep getting internal Server Error on Swift :(

PH'man - Hunter looks real decent. Great physically, and has some decent attributes in other key defensive areas. 9 in tackling @ 15 years old, pretty good. Cold potentially hit 15-18 in his prime. Good luck with him :D

Nah, Adam is an FM08 player. I've gotta work hard to repeat the same kind of thing.

Hmmm, after having a re-think, I'll do the same. Time to let Jurcik, Ptacek and Vaclavik go and see if I can get some even better ones in FM 09!

It might be a while before I start introducing prtogees to this thread as: A) I haven't got the game yet; and B) I plan to do a couple of shorter term challenges to get to grips with the game first before tackling either Gundo's or San Marino, which the players will come from (that way I get full control over their development ;)).

I'll still chip in my two cents on everyone else's players though :D

Hello there, I'm still on 07 but since this is the first new game I've started in a long while, I'll be throwing my youth projects in here.

Regen 1

2007 - Djurgarden - Kent Andren, GK

Initial profile

A bit disappointingly, my first project is a goalkeeper. Not ideal for gaining early first team experience, will probably just see youth team football this year. The AssMan said he's one of the most gifted players he's seen come thorugh the youth ranks in recent years.

I'm doing the San Marino challenge which I assume Ter will be posting soon, but here is the first regen:

Regen 1

2009 - San Marino Calcio - Emanuele Urbinati, AMR

Initial profile

He's already been capped for San Marino (I'm the manager admittedly) and is easily the best AMR at the club, with the potential to be good enough for Serie B, hopefully he'll be in my first team for a few years. Nice to see a decent pace for a regen too. His first cap ended well too, he set up a goal for Manuel Marani in our 2-1 win over Slovenia (more in the challenge thread). High hopes for this fella.

My adventure in Rizhiquan (FM08)

Youth Player 1

Liu Lijia, ST (China)

Left foot - very weak

Right foot - very strong

PPMs - none

Initial Profile

End of Season 1 - Profile

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 3 - Profile

End of Season 4 - Profile

End of Season 5 - Profile

End of Season 6 - Profile

End of Season 7 - Profile

End of Season 8 - Profile

End of Season 9 - Profile

End of Season 10 - Profile

Club        Season     Division               Games     Goals     Assists     MoMs     Rating
Rizhiquan   2010     Chinese Jai League        9 (14)     5          1         0         6.70
Rizhiquan   2011     Chinese Jai League        2 (23)     3          0         0         6.40
Rizhiquan   2012     Chinese Jai League       23 (3)      7          3         3         6.86
Rizhiquan   2013     Chinese Jai League       24 (5)     14          1         5         7.10
Rizhiquan   2014     Chinese Jai League       30         19          2         7         7.33
Rizhiquan   2015     Chinese Jai League       35         23         10        12         7.46
Rizhiquan   2016     Chinese Super League     35         31          6        11         7.66
Rizhiquan   2017     Chinese Super League     36         21          7         5         7.28
Rizhiquan   2018     Chinese Super League     41         24          5         6         7.27
Rizhiquan   2019     Chinese Super League     34         12          8         3         7.12

Player Info - His relatively poor season was offset by a relatively great season by his striker partner. Hope this is not the beginning of the end for Lijia...

Accomplishments

Youth Player 2

Zheng Jiajun, AMC/FC (China)

Left foot - Reasonable

Right foot - Very Strong

PPMs - Likes to Round Keeper

Initial Profile

End of Season 9 - Profile

Club        Season     Division               Games     Goals     Assists     MoMs     Rating
Rizhiquan   2011     Chinese Jai League       1  (4)      0          1         0         6.20
Rizhiquan   2012     Chinese Jai League       0  (6)      0          0         0         6.00
Rizhiquan   2013     Chinese Jai League       2 (18)      4          2         2         6.55
Rizhiquan   2014     Chinese Jai League      17 (12)      3          8         2         6.66
Rizhiquan   2015     Chinese Jai League       3 (25)      2          3         1         6.46
Rizhiquan   2016     Chinese Super League     0 (24)      4          1         1         6.58
Rizhiquan   2017     Chinese Super League     7 (7)       1          0         1         6.64
Yanbian     2018                             18           8          2         9         6.89
Yanbian     2019                             36          18          2         2         7.08

Player Info - A great season from Jiajun in his 2nd season with Yanbian. Scored a career high 18 goals. Hope Yanbian can get back into the Jai League.

Youth Player 3

Yang Jin, DR/WBL (China)

Left foot - very weak

Right foot - very strong

PPMs - none

Initial Profile

Rizhiquan   2012     Chinese Jai League        0 (2)       0          0         0        7.00
Rizhiquan   2013     Chinese Jai League        3 (8)       0          0         0        6.73
Rizhiquan   2014     Chinese Jai League       12 (9)       0          2         0        6.71
Rizhiquan   2015     Chinese Jai League        6(15)       0          2         0        6.86
Rizhiquan   2016     Chinese Super League      3(13)       0          0         0        6.56
Hothot      2017     Chinese Jai League       31           2          1         1        6.29
Hothot      2018     Chinese Jai League       28           1          1         0        6.39
Hothot      2019     Chinese Jai League       11           0          3         2        6.91
Mingte      2019                               9           1          3         0        7.44

Player Info - Started the season with Hothot but transferred to non-league team Mingte in July for US$16k.

Youth Player 4

Xie Ming, DL/DC/WBL (China)

Left Foot - Very strong

Right Foot - Very weak

PPMs - none

Initial Profile

Rizhiquan   2013     Chinese Jai League       0  (1)       0          0         0        6.00
Rizhiquan   2014     Chinese Jai League       6 (12)       0          2         0        6.67
Rizhiquan   2015     Chinese Jai League       36           3          3         1        7.00
Rizhiquan   2016     Chinese Super League     35           0          3         0        6.77
Rizhiquan   2017     Chinese Super League     16 (6)       1          7         1        7.00
Rizhiquan   2018     Chinese Super League     36 (1)       0          7         0        6.70
Rizhiquan   2019     Chinese Super League     28           0          3         0        6.89

Player Info - Another solid season. However, he might lose his starting job as I'm going to find someone better than Ming, thus reducing his playing time.

Youth Player 5

Zhang Yan, DR/DL (China)

Left Foot - Strong

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - none

Initial Profile

Rizhiquan   2014     Chinese Jai League        0           0          0         0        ----
Rizhiquan   2015     Chinese Jai League        1(11)       0          1         0        6.67
Rizhiquan   2016     Chinese Super League      1 (4)       0          0         0        6.60
Rizhiquan   2017     Chinese Super League      0 (4)       0          0         0        6.75
Rizhiquan   2018     Chinese Super League      2(16)       0          0         0        6.44
Rizhiquan   2019     Chinese Super League      1 (6)       0          0         0        6.86

Player Info - Played sparingly, only because I'm low on depth at the back.

Youth Player 6

Zhu Jinhui, ST (China)

Left Foot - very weak

Right Foot - very strong

PPMs - none

Initial Profile

Rizhiquan   2015     Chinese Jai League        0 (2)       0          0         0        6.00
Rizhiquan   2016     Chinese Super League      0 (2)       0          0         0        6.00
Rizhiquan   2017     Chinese Super League     34 (2)      22          5         9        7.22
Rizhiquan   2018     Chinese Super League     41          20         12         7        7.24
Rizhiquan   2019     Chinese Super League     33          31          8        11        7.55

Player Info - Jinhui shouldered most of the load this season. Nearly average a goal a game! Won three awards too! :D

Accomplishments

Youth Player 7

Jin Liang, GK (China)

Left Foot - Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - none

Initial Profile

Club        Season     Division               Games     Conceded     Clean Sheets     MoMs     Rating
Rizhiquan   2016     Chinese Super League      0           0               0            0        ----
Rizhiquan   2017     Chinese Super League      0           0               0            0        ----
Rizhiquan   2018     Chinese Super League      0           0               0            0        ----
Rizhiquan   2019     Chinese Super League      1           2               0            0        6.00

Player Info - Played the last game of the season.

Youth Player 8

Xin Nan, GK (China)

Left Foot - Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - none

Initial Profile

Club        Season     Division               Games     Conceded     Clean Sheets     MoMs     Rating
Rizhiquan   2017     Chinese Super League      0           0               0            0        ----
Rizhiquan   2018     Chinese Super League      0           0               0            0        ----
Rizhiquan   2019     Chinese Super League      0           0               0            0        ----

Player Info - Played in the reserves this year. He might get some games late in the season next year.

Youth Player 9

Zhu Mingming, GK (China)

Left Foot - weak

Right Foot - very strong

PPMs - none

Initial Profile

Rizhiquan   2019     Chinese Super League      0           0               0            0        ----

Player info - No future at my club but did well in his 12 appearances.

Youth Player 10

Gu Kai, DR/WBR/MR (China)

Left Foot - Very weak

Right Foot - Very strong

PPMs - none

Initial Profile

Rizhiquan   2019     Chinese Super League      0           0          0         0        ----

Player Info - Did well in his 57 games for the U19's/reserves. I'll give him a look in senior games next year.

Youth Player 11

Jiang Lin, DM (China)

Left Foot - Weak

Right Foot - Very strong

PPMs - none

Initial Profile

Player Info - Looks good. He has the potential of a decent Chinese Super League DM. :)

YOUTH PLAYER EVALUATION

REGULAR STARTERS

• Liu Lijia - YP1
  • Xie Meng - YP4
  • Zhu Jinhui - YP6

FRINGE PLAYERS

• Zhang Yan - YP5
  • Jin Liang - YP7
  • Xin Nan - YP8

EXILED

• Yang Jin - YP3 (to Mingte via Hothot)
  • Zheng Jiajun - YP2 (to Yanbian)

THE TODDLERS

• Zhu Mingming - YP9
  • Gu Kai - YP10
  • Jiang Lin - YP11

I introduce the first Youth Project for Red Star 93 - Pierre Lutz.

Pierre Lutz

As my new youth players were already at the club when i took over, i have selected the player most highly rated by my Ass Man. my Ass Man believes that Pierre has the potential to be a star at National level (our current level). it is unlikely he will get much game time this season due to his tender age, but i have high hopes he may develop into an important player for the club.

Right, I've been wanting to do this for a while. Unfortunately I never start playing with a lower league team until I've spent a little time learning the game with a decent team.

But I'm not going to let that stop me so meet Matt Eastwood

He's just come through the youth ranks at the start of my second season at Man City, and the coach thinks he has the potential to be one of the most gifted players to ever come through the youth ranks.

His Coach Report shows just how highly he rates him.

rancer - great season form Jinhui. I bet you are dreaming of him scoring the winner in the AFC Final ;)

rlipscombe - Lutz looks good for the level. High influnece too - a future captain perhaps?

chopper 99 - Eastwood has got great physical attributes (strength and jumping aside). Hopefully that's a sign that SI have addressed some of the issues with regens this time. :)

chopper 99 - Eastwood has got great physical attributes (strength and jumping aside). Hopefully that's a sign that SI have addressed some of the issues with regens this time. :)

That's just what I was thinking.

I'm going to try and bring him through the ranks as best I can in the hope that he becomes my first regen for ages to have excellent physical stats. I'm also hoping to get him to wonderkid status and into the first team before he's 20. I found this almost impossible to dio in '08 as regens all started with very low PA's and it wasn't until they were around 23-24 that they were good enough to break into the first team of a decent club.

Hopefully this thread will help confirm whether the regens have been fixed in the way that we all hope they have.

Year 2 -

Player 1 - John Hunter, DC - AFC Wimbledon

Initial profile

End of first Season

In my last season at AFC Wimbledon the (very) young central defender became a constant regular in the first team as he was one of, if not the best central defender we had in the squad. He did very well playing in a Blue Square Premier defense, and although my assistants first impression was that he would be a key player for a League 2 side, I think he could potentially play higher level football than that.

I resigned from AFC Wimbledon on May 25th so wasn't there for the next player, so when/if I get a new job I will have to wait until the end of my third season in the game to post another new Youth Player Project person.

Archived