European Golden Boot - Andrew Smylie

Fans Player of the Year - Andrew Smylie

Manager of the Year - Craig Douglas [NepentheZ]

N. Irish Player of the Year - Andrew Smylie

N. Irish Young Player of the Year - Gary Lappin

Player of the Year [NIP] - Andrew Smylie

Top Goal Scorer [NIP] - Andrew Smylie

The Transfers

Pauli Joensen [Trial, Free] - Pauli looks like he will become a solid Center Back. He's the first young defender in a very long time that my scouts have rated as 4* at such a ripe age, which leads me to believe, he will be an excellent player.

The Player

Andrew Smylie - A fantastic season, again. 185 goals, awards, records and most importantly, 2,000 goals.

The Games

Well, someone asked for some of the key games in the season, here they are, and why.

Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg - Knockbreda 2-1 Barcelona

Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg - Barcelona 3-3 Knockbreda

These were 2 massive games this season. I met Barce last season in the 1st KO Stage, as you may remember, and was unlucky to go out 7-6 on Aggregate. I only had a slender 2-1 lead to take away with me this season, in the Semi-Final, and was worried that I could blow a chance of only my Second Champions League Final. The second leg was especially tense. I had a number of key players injured, and the fixture pile up was really taking its toll on my regular starters. Barce lead the game 3-2 with injury time left, which was announced at a staggering 9 minutes. Fortunately, they had a corner, and the Keeper came forward. Knockbreda broke clear, and slotted home into an empty net.

Irish Cup Quarter Final - Knockbeda 21-0 Donegal Celtic

The only reason this game was such a key game this season, was because it broke FM08 Records. The previous record for the biggest win [According to dafuges FM08 Records thread] was 19-0. And I smashed that to pieces. 15-0 at half time, and Smylie was on form.

Premier Divsion - Knockbreda 10-0 Raceview

Raceview were the whipping boys of the division, so 10-0 not really anything amazing, however, I picked this game ahead of others, because Smylie scored all 10 goals in a sensational performance.

Summary

The season was sensational. I think I only lost 1 game the entire season [To Sporting in the Champions League] - and finally got another perfect season [30 Wins] for the first time in 10 years. Linfield dropped off the pace massively this season, and were lucky to get 3rd in league, after a poor campaign, but Glentoran were just as dogged as recent years. Smylie and Youth Project 1 have struck an unreal partnership up front, and 300 goals per season between the pair of them should really not be ruled out. YP1 also contributes with crazy amounts of assists. I'm really happy I won every competition I entered, and I'll look to do that same next season, and even add the Super Cup and World Club Championship.

_Just want to get this as the first post on the new page_

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no idea. I have my own training schedule, and I take care of contracts from all three teams. I let the ass man arrange and play friendlies though, so I guess thats why. :(

your assistant also does youth and and reserves matchs and press conferences? I have never had my hands on high than 10 it would take forever play reserves and youth matches.

Everone wants your tactic now Nep:p and it been there for ages.

It must be hard to keep going you have done it all. What is left to achieve other then the 3000 goals?:D

I'm on FM08 - so there are no press conferences. The Youth / Reserve matches have no bearing on Hands on Approach either, because generally IRL, coaches are assigned for those roles.

Whats left?

1,000 Career Assists.

AT LEAST 3 more players to hit 1,000 goals, 1 more player to reach 2,000 goals. A perfect season [in Cups, League and Europe] and Euro dominance. [At least 5 CL titles in a row]

Then the almighty. PLaying an entire season, and winning everything with only players from my youth team.

Once I've done all that [if I do] - I might consider retiring :D

I'm on FM08 - so there are no press conferences. The Youth / Reserve matches have no bearing on Hands on Approach either, because generally IRL, coaches are assigned for those roles.

Whats left?

1,000 Career Assists.

AT LEAST 3 more players to hit 1,000 goals, 1 more player to reach 2,000 goals. A perfect season [in Cups, League and Europe] and Euro dominance. [At least 5 CL titles in a row]

Then the almighty. PLaying an entire season, and winning everything with only players from my youth team.

Once I've done all that [if I do] - I might consider retiring :D

Your age might be in 3 figures at that point ;)

Just a small update. Slow moving season thus far, as I've not had much time to play. I'm not winning near as big as last season, and ALL games so far this season, have seemed to be a struggle. Smylie has 22 in 8 games and YP1 has 10 in 8 games.

Just a small update. Slow moving season thus far, as I've not had much time to play. I'm not winning near as big as last season, and ALL games so far this season, have seemed to be a struggle. Smylie has 22 in 8 games and YP1 has 10 in 8 games.

What a struggle :eek:;)

Guest roberto922

Gotta admit if I ever came into a fortune I'd be tempted to plough quite a bit into improving the WPL and see what happens

I personally couldn't imagine a 80k stadium in Northern Ireland.

This really is amazing. Imagine someone doing this IRL.

We don't need one anyway, our national team would just about fill a 25,000 capacity stadium.

Archived