NepentheZ's Tactical Revoloution

Intro

Due to the mass of hate thrown towards SI about people having a "great team" and losing, or having 35 shots + and not scoring, I've decided to share my wisdom. Now, by no means is this a definitive tactic, nor am I claiming it will work wonders for you, but I will describe in detail, what i do and why i do it, with screenies as proof. Before we begin, I would like to let you know, I am Knockbreda of the Northern Irish League's, In which I have won the Premier division 3 season's in a row using this tactic, with minor tweaks depending on players in and out in the close season.

The Basics.

The tactic is 4-4-2, With atacking winger's, which both have "Farrows" to FL and FR positions respectively. It's largely based on Fast winger's and forwards, with 1 attacking midfielder. The defense is exactly that, and plays very defensively to counter counter attacks (if that makes sense), and to help build the attacks up from the back.

The Tactic

Picture1.png

Ok. So now you've seen the basic tactic. Nothing special so far right? Right. Thats because, in reality, I have found that it's "nothing special" that creates a very very good tactic. All it took me to find this tactic, is a little bit of hard work, time and effort to make the tactic fit my players, not my players fit my tactic, and that becomes important later on in the article.

Team Instruction's

Picture2.png

For the most part, these aren't dramatically important, and can be modified without it completely destroying the tactic. (Tried and tested). It's not one of those.. "If I have the Attacking bar at 16 ticks, i win 5-0 every game, but at 15 ticks, i lose 5-0 every game". It's really not THAT important.

Before the serious stuff comes in now, I must let you know, that you REALLY need to put the tactic to the players. I cant stress this enough that, no matter how good or bad your players are, its vital that you work this around YOUR players, not around what I have done for MY players.

Player Mentality

Picture3.png

As you can see in the screen shot, the consensual mentality is "attacking" (from the Team Instructions), but a few players have Individual instructions.

GK - Graham has the Individual instruction set to the "middle" of the bar. This is because i don't want him to get caught out from our attacking positions on the break. I'm not entirely sure how much effect the GK Attacking Mentality has on the game, or the player, but its more of a "peace of mind" slider, than a tactical one.

DC - The center back's have the Attacking slider set to 6 points. This is just about in-between Ultra-Defensive and Defensive. The reason being that it keeps the defense sat back, so should the oppo break, the defense is usually in place to break down any advances. I do think it's important the defenders stay back in the game, as the midfield/forwards take care of the rest.

MC - I've got Ben Howard's attacking mentality just a little lower than the rest just to keep him as more of a "holding" midfielder. I'm not trying to make him play like Gilberto Silva, or Michael Essien, but just to sit a little deeper than the rest of the team, to help sustain attacks and break up oppo attacks. The player in this position makes a lot of passes in the game, so a good passing attribute for this position is vital.

AM L/R - This is where the fun is. The AML/R and the FC's are the heart of this tactic. The assists and goals that come from these 4 players is incredible, and over the last 3 years theres been massive goals and assist tallies. |along with the Farrows, the Wingers have "all out attack" mentality, pretty much because there's no need for them to be used in defense due to the defensive mentality the other players hold.

Creative Freedom - IMPORTANT.!

Picture4.png

This is where the tactic is made. I assure you, if you want to use my tactic, and want it to work, you MUST do the above, otherwise there's just no point downloading it.

MC - Has a little more creative freedom, firstly because he's good enough to, and secondly to add a little flair into the midfield. He keeps the oppo guessing game after game, and due to his "drop deeper" mentality, can really run games from the midfield.

FC - Again, has a little more creative freedom, just so it doesn't come robotic upfront. He's also one of my better creative players.

AMR/L IMPORTANT-.! The bar's for the wingers MUST MUST MUST be set to 0. They must have NO creative freedom. This, combined with "deep crossing", "cross to far post", and "Cross Often" means that they create the best chances for your forwards, and get anywhere between 25 and 35 assists a season. Pat Spence (My AML) got 35 Assists in 53 games last season. The first choice AMR was injured a lot last season, but still managed to get 20 assists in 42 games. This season I have a new AMR, so hopefully he will become consistent.

Passing Style

Picture5.png

Pretty basic here.

GK - Has "long" passing, so he clears it from danger as soon as he gets it.

DC - Similar to the GK, but not AS much, because I dont want them punting it up the field and bypassing the midfield as it would totally gazump the tactic.! I guess you could more the sliders down for shorter passing.

The general passing is short to play possesion football and build up attacks rather than going to the old heave ho. My players are not great, and dont have great passing stats, yet we still achieve 75-80% passing completion per game. I'm sure with better players this will be much higher.

Closing Down

Picture6.png

Team closing down is not very high, because we have a fair amount of the ball anyway, and the defense are always there if they break. Also i find that with higher closing down mentality, my players tent to tire really quickly.

DC - A little higher on the bar for the center back's, just to get into the oppo forward's steeze. It restricts the chances and time the forwards have, and really pays off for me.

Tackling

Picture7.png

Tackling is set to "medium" for everyone. I find if i go to the "Hard" or "Easy" extreem it has massive consequences. "Easy" tackling tends to make the players not win the ball as much, and as a result lose 50-50's and possesion a lot, and "Hard" naturally see a lot more Yellows/Red cars.

Forward Runs

Picture8.png

Similar to creative freedom, the more attacking of the midfilders makes forward runs, and the Wingers make forward runs. There's really no need for anyone else to do it.

Run With Ball

Picture9.png

This is about the only individual element that i have no idea about. I game it to the two that are on the screen shot due to the dribbling attribute. (The striker with 10 for Dri Attribute isn't my first choice forward). I don't really know how much more or less impact it would have on the game moving these sliders about, so i just stick to the obvious here.

Long Shot's

Picture10.png

Ok, this is another vital one for the wingers.

MC/FC - Basically they have long shots high because of the ability to shoot from far. I dont ever have more than 2 people taking long shots, otherwise you get drawn back into the "35 shots, 28 on target, 0 goals" saga.

AML/R - Its very important that this is set to 0 on the slider. As i stated before, the wingers and Forwards are the heart of this team, and this is another of those things that make the tactic. Basically, with the Long Shots at 0, the wingers will hardly ever shoot, full stop.

Now imagine it. You have 2 pacey wingers that cross the ball early, dont shoot ever and make constant attacking runs. In FM, in my experience, thats a dream, and is pretty much what helped me crack the AI. They feed balls into the area all day long, and with the "Cross to - Far Post" set for both of them, i find my forwards running across the oppo GK and scoring a lot of tap in's. Not beautiful football, but effective, and in FM08, thats all you can ask for.!

Through Ball's

Picture11.png

I read in another tactic's thread that if you have a lot of people threading through balls, you will misplace a lot of passes. I took heed to this advice, and agree. I ONLY have my wingers on through balls, just to help with the old corssing part of there game icon_smile.gif

Cross Ball

Picture12.png

The wingers have cross ball "often", for obvious reasons, and my DL also has it, because when watching games, i noticed he was around the box a lot. I'm not sure why the DL was and not the DR, so i decided to make use of it. Funnily enough, he NEVER gets involved anymore.!

Cross From

Picture13.png

The wingers cross from "deep", purely to make sure they get the crosses in early, and get them in. Initially i had it at "by-line", but i found they either got blocked a lot, or got tackled before they managed to pull of the cross.

Cross Aim

Picture14.png

As stated above, the Wingers have the cross aim to "far post". This really seems to help the forwards, leaving them plenty of scoring oppertunities in the box.

And finally

This tactic is fast paced, and based on wingers supplying strikers. I find with this tactic that, the RIGHT Hand side striker gets less chances, but scores more goals. Paul Wallace (My right striker) gets on average 5 or 6 shots a game. my left striker gets on average 10-12 shots a game. The Attacking midfileder (in my case, paul smith) also seems to have about 4 or 5 shots a game, so if you could get someone in here with good shooting ability, it would probably prove effective.

As stated before, its really important that you let the tactic fit the players, otherwise it just wont work. As you can see from my screen shots, the players dont have great attributes, but where they do have a good attribute, i utilize it in the best way i know how.

Download Tactic Here

I would love some feedback on this tactic. In the league it has served me amazingly. only 7 losses in the last 90 league games, along with 295 goals scored and only 81 conceded.

2014/15 -

Games - 30

Wins - 24

Draws - 3

Losses - 3

GS - 93

GC - 32

Points - 75

2015/16 -

Games - 30

Wins - 25

Draws - 2

Losses - 3

GS - 103

GC - 32

Points - 77

2016/17 -

Games - 30

Wins - 25

Draws - 4

Losses - 1

GS - 99

GC - 17

Points - 79

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intro

Due to the mass of hate thrown towards SI about people having a "great team" and losing, or having 35 shots + and not scoring, I've decided to share my wisdom. Now, by no means is this a definitive tactic, nor am I claiming it will work wonders for you, but I will describe in detail, what i do and why i do it, with screenies as proof. Before we begin, I would like to let you know, I am Knockbreda of the Northern Irish League's, In which I have won the Premier division 3 season's in a row using this tactic, with minor tweaks depending on players in and out in the close season.

The Basics.

The tactic is 4-4-2, With atacking winger's, which both have "Farrows" to FL and FR positions respectively. It's largely based on Fast winger's and forwards, with 1 attacking midfielder. The defense is exactly that, and plays very defensively to counter counter attacks (if that makes sense), and to help build the attacks up from the back.

The Tactic

Picture1.png

Ok. So now you've seen the basic tactic. Nothing special so far right? Right. Thats because, in reality, I have found that it's "nothing special" that creates a very very good tactic. All it took me to find this tactic, is a little bit of hard work, time and effort to make the tactic fit my players, not my players fit my tactic, and that becomes important later on in the article.

Team Instruction's

Picture2.png

For the most part, these aren't dramatically important, and can be modified without it completely destroying the tactic. (Tried and tested). It's not one of those.. "If I have the Attacking bar at 16 ticks, i win 5-0 every game, but at 15 ticks, i lose 5-0 every game". It's really not THAT important.

Before the serious stuff comes in now, I must let you know, that you REALLY need to put the tactic to the players. I cant stress this enough that, no matter how good or bad your players are, its vital that you work this around YOUR players, not around what I have done for MY players.

Player Mentality

Picture3.png

As you can see in the screen shot, the consensual mentality is "attacking" (from the Team Instructions), but a few players have Individual instructions.

GK - Graham has the Individual instruction set to the "middle" of the bar. This is because i don't want him to get caught out from our attacking positions on the break. I'm not entirely sure how much effect the GK Attacking Mentality has on the game, or the player, but its more of a "peace of mind" slider, than a tactical one.

DC - The center back's have the Attacking slider set to 6 points. This is just about in-between Ultra-Defensive and Defensive. The reason being that it keeps the defense sat back, so should the oppo break, the defense is usually in place to break down any advances. I do think it's important the defenders stay back in the game, as the midfield/forwards take care of the rest.

MC - I've got Ben Howard's attacking mentality just a little lower than the rest just to keep him as more of a "holding" midfielder. I'm not trying to make him play like Gilberto Silva, or Michael Essien, but just to sit a little deeper than the rest of the team, to help sustain attacks and break up oppo attacks. The player in this position makes a lot of passes in the game, so a good passing attribute for this position is vital.

AM L/R - This is where the fun is. The AML/R and the FC's are the heart of this tactic. The assists and goals that come from these 4 players is incredible, and over the last 3 years theres been massive goals and assist tallies. |along with the Farrows, the Wingers have "all out attack" mentality, pretty much because there's no need for them to be used in defense due to the defensive mentality the other players hold.

Creative Freedom - IMPORTANT.!

Picture4.png

This is where the tactic is made. I assure you, if you want to use my tactic, and want it to work, you MUST do the above, otherwise there's just no point downloading it.

MC - Has a little more creative freedom, firstly because he's good enough to, and secondly to add a little flair into the midfield. He keeps the oppo guessing game after game, and due to his "drop deeper" mentality, can really run games from the midfield.

FC - Again, has a little more creative freedom, just so it doesn't come robotic upfront. He's also one of my better creative players.

AMR/L IMPORTANT-.! The bar's for the wingers MUST MUST MUST be set to 0. They must have NO creative freedom. This, combined with "deep crossing", "cross to far post", and "Cross Often" means that they create the best chances for your forwards, and get anywhere between 25 and 35 assists a season. Pat Spence (My AML) got 35 Assists in 53 games last season. The first choice AMR was injured a lot last season, but still managed to get 20 assists in 42 games. This season I have a new AMR, so hopefully he will become consistent.

Passing Style

Picture5.png

Pretty basic here.

GK - Has "long" passing, so he clears it from danger as soon as he gets it.

DC - Similar to the GK, but not AS much, because I dont want them punting it up the field and bypassing the midfield as it would totally gazump the tactic.! I guess you could more the sliders down for shorter passing.

The general passing is short to play possesion football and build up attacks rather than going to the old heave ho. My players are not great, and dont have great passing stats, yet we still achieve 75-80% passing completion per game. I'm sure with better players this will be much higher.

Closing Down

Picture6.png

Team closing down is not very high, because we have a fair amount of the ball anyway, and the defense are always there if they break. Also i find that with higher closing down mentality, my players tent to tire really quickly.

DC - A little higher on the bar for the center back's, just to get into the oppo forward's steeze. It restricts the chances and time the forwards have, and really pays off for me.

Tackling

Picture7.png

Tackling is set to "medium" for everyone. I find if i go to the "Hard" or "Easy" extreem it has massive consequences. "Easy" tackling tends to make the players not win the ball as much, and as a result lose 50-50's and possesion a lot, and "Hard" naturally see a lot more Yellows/Red cars.

Forward Runs

Picture8.png

Similar to creative freedom, the more attacking of the midfilders makes forward runs, and the Wingers make forward runs. There's really no need for anyone else to do it.

Run With Ball

Picture9.png

This is about the only individual element that i have no idea about. I game it to the two that are on the screen shot due to the dribbling attribute. (The striker with 10 for Dri Attribute isn't my first choice forward). I don't really know how much more or less impact it would have on the game moving these sliders about, so i just stick to the obvious here.

Long Shot's

Picture10.png

Ok, this is another vital one for the wingers.

MC/FC - Basically they have long shots high because of the ability to shoot from far. I dont ever have more than 2 people taking long shots, otherwise you get drawn back into the "35 shots, 28 on target, 0 goals" saga.

AML/R - Its very important that this is set to 0 on the slider. As i stated before, the wingers and Forwards are the heart of this team, and this is another of those things that make the tactic. Basically, with the Long Shots at 0, the wingers will hardly ever shoot, full stop.

Now imagine it. You have 2 pacey wingers that cross the ball early, dont shoot ever and make constant attacking runs. In FM, in my experience, thats a dream, and is pretty much what helped me crack the AI. They feed balls into the area all day long, and with the "Cross to - Far Post" set for both of them, i find my forwards running across the oppo GK and scoring a lot of tap in's. Not beautiful football, but effective, and in FM08, thats all you can ask for.!

Through Ball's

Picture11.png

I read in another tactic's thread that if you have a lot of people threading through balls, you will misplace a lot of passes. I took heed to this advice, and agree. I ONLY have my wingers on through balls, just to help with the old corssing part of there game icon_smile.gif

Cross Ball

Picture12.png

The wingers have cross ball "often", for obvious reasons, and my DL also has it, because when watching games, i noticed he was around the box a lot. I'm not sure why the DL was and not the DR, so i decided to make use of it. Funnily enough, he NEVER gets involved anymore.!

Cross From

Picture13.png

The wingers cross from "deep", purely to make sure they get the crosses in early, and get them in. Initially i had it at "by-line", but i found they either got blocked a lot, or got tackled before they managed to pull of the cross.

Cross Aim

Picture14.png

As stated above, the Wingers have the cross aim to "far post". This really seems to help the forwards, leaving them plenty of scoring oppertunities in the box.

And finally

This tactic is fast paced, and based on wingers supplying strikers. I find with this tactic that, the RIGHT Hand side striker gets less chances, but scores more goals. Paul Wallace (My right striker) gets on average 5 or 6 shots a game. my left striker gets on average 10-12 shots a game. The Attacking midfileder (in my case, paul smith) also seems to have about 4 or 5 shots a game, so if you could get someone in here with good shooting ability, it would probably prove effective.

As stated before, its really important that you let the tactic fit the players, otherwise it just wont work. As you can see from my screen shots, the players dont have great attributes, but where they do have a good attribute, i utilize it in the best way i know how.

Download Tactic Here

I would love some feedback on this tactic. In the league it has served me amazingly. only 7 losses in the last 90 league games, along with 295 goals scored and only 81 conceded.

2014/15 -

Games - 30

Wins - 24

Draws - 3

Losses - 3

GS - 93

GC - 32

Points - 75

2015/16 -

Games - 30

Wins - 25

Draws - 2

Losses - 3

GS - 103

GC - 32

Points - 77

2016/17 -

Games - 30

Wins - 25

Draws - 4

Losses - 1

GS - 99

GC - 17

Points - 79

I really hope you have not gone through all that effort just for me icon_wink.gif

Anyway im gonna give this a shot now. Ive made my own tactic with was a 4-1-3-2 but instead of two strikers i had two AMCs with Farrows. It was very defensive and was never gonna win me the league but it stopped us conceeding 5 goals a game and we went 8 games without defeat. 2 wins 6 draws. We even kept a clean sheet in one of the games. Now ive got us playing better i think ill try your tactics and see what happens

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boskovic:

I really hope you have not gone through all that effort just for me icon_wink.gif

Anyway im gonna give this a shot now. Ive made my own tactic with was a 4-1-3-2 but instead of two strikers i had two AMCs with Farrows. It was very defensive and was never gonna win me the league but it stopped us conceeding 5 goals a game and we went 8 games without defeat. 2 wins 6 draws. We even kept a clean sheet in one of the games. Now ive got us playing better i think ill try your tactics and see what happens </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

No it wasn't for you. Its really for a lot of people in GQ Forum, that berate the game when they create 35 chances and dont score. For me, i create about 22-25 chances a game and rarely score less than 3 a game. I hope it works for other people.

Let me know how your results go bosko.! :thup:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hololoy112:

bravo for your excellent efforts.

i am going to try your tactic just because the amount of effort you put into this thread.kutgw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Thanks buddy..!! Let me know how it goes.! I would like to know if my tactic works for others, as it's worked for me icon_smile.gif

Firstly let me say great opening post icon14.gif

I'm going to try with Liverpool and i will report back with my progress after 10 games, half a season and finaly end of season!

I will post screenies at each feedback.

Let the testing commence icon_wink.gif

Download Link.

Hope that one works.! Sorry, i should have checked the last one to make sure.!

Liam =D - The stars represent coach/scout evaluation's of the player. It's to help me remember my first team, pick the best players for replacements quick, and helps me o know if a players contract is worth renewing at the end of the current contract. (*** will be no new contract, ** and they may get a new contract, etc). I someties use full stops too, for promising young players, or scouted young players. Again, it's just to help me see quickly if i want the player or not.

To get the starts i just edited the players knockname as the actual players name, followed by the designated number of stars.

Thanks for the comments so far. I'm sorry you guys haven't had a chance to use this tactic yet.! Like i say, hopefully the new link works.!

Hmmm, just checked the original link, and it seems to be working fine.

You click the link, Scroll down a bit and click "free" (you dont need to sign up), then it takes you to the D/L Mirror section. Choose your mirror and type in the 4 Didgit code, and then the save file box appears icon_confused.gif

Anyway, i hope one of the two links works for you guys.!!

I know that it is recommended that you give any tactic a minimum of 10 games, but at the start you need to see some signs. I only saw negative ones here, due to the high D/L they left shocking spaces at the back. I leaked goals in every game and although the attacking side of it looked promising i was soon struggling due to big defeats and then bad morale.

Good read in theory, but not in practice.

Hi Nepenthez,

Just a quick update, by the way i'm still playing 07 till the final patch is out, to many issues at the mo!

I have played 10 games with Liverpool now,

8 Wins-inc 5-0 over Celtic and 4-3 over Arsenal

1 Draw-Fulham Away

1 Loss-Man U Away

The game i lost was my first game.

I have to say first impressions are good, team play some good football, defence seams tight.

I have to say i like your thoughts on closing down and keeping possesion, lowish closing down but short quick passing just seems to work really well. It has given me new thoughts for creating a tactic of my own. Which IMO is the whole point of these forums, so many thanks! icon14.gif

bluenonny

amdysafc

I'm sorry it's not working for you.!

I do think I know why though. It's nothing to do with you icon_wink.gif

It's because I forgot to mention in the O.P my "Opposition Instructions". These, for some bizarre reason have a big effect on the game.

"Opposition Instructions"

Oppo - 4-4-2

GK - "Closing Down - Always"

DC/DC - "Closing Down - Always"

Oppo - 3-5-2/5-3-2

GK - "Closing Down - Always"

DC/DC/DC - "Closing Down - Always"

I know that doesn't seem like it will make or break a tactic, but i swear by it.

Is there a way I could get a mod to edit this into the first post? Otherwise people will read my tactic, try it, hate it, and not know how to get it work.!

I'm having a slight improvement with supergoalies. 22-2 in last 8 games that I checked. The main improvement is my amc, he's getting loads of goals. Still not getting the crosses to my lone striker yet, slight increase in assists from wingers due to amc performance though! Haven't done anything special concerning op.instructions of dc's because I only have one striker on the pitch, but compensating with mc's works well. All in all, I'm glad I came across this post, tnx NepentheZ's

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

Am i the only person concerned that for wingers to work they have to have a mentality of 0??

Seems like a massive flaw in the match engine if this is what is required in order to produce decent crosses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, it is a little worrying... but you make do with that you've got.!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flyingdutchman:

I'm wondering what the precise effects are for enabling "counter attack" or no? Does anybody have some insights? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its to do with deep defense,

Maybe its kind of stupid what Im going to say, but I think that as you progress as a manager you get better results since your ratings as manager goes up.

For example, Nepenthez is working on his 2015 season so I guess he has good ratings, On the other hand, if you are playing your first season you will have trouble winning constantly with one tactic.

/end stupid rant

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flyingdutchman:

^^^ That makes sense. I was wondering if you would like to have a look at making a single striker recieve the ball from crosses? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm nearing the end of my current season, so in my friendly games next season i'll try to develop a 4-5-1 formation. No garantees tho, as usual icon_smile.gif

I don't see a problem with it though,

I downloaded your tectic and used it with my arsenal side. It works a treat for me, some lively matches and moments such as the end to end games and late winners lol Here are the results of the first 10 games.

Wigan (A) 2:1

Newcastle (H) 2:0

Benfica (H) 4:3

Derby (A) 0:2

Tottenham (H) 4:0

Sunderland (H) 1:0

Schalke (A) 5:3

West Ham (A) 2:0

B.Jerusalem (A) 2:1

Everton (A) 3:2

As you can see I won 9 and lost 1. I didn't do any changes to the tactic and I have pretty much the same players from the start of the game. Another way of showing how well the tactic works would be to show my first 5 games, or maybe it just shows my shortcomings as a manager lol

Liverpool (A) 0:2

Apoel (H) 3:0

Man Utd (A) 0:4

Chelsea (H) 1:1

Apoel (A) 1:0

So cheers for the tactic so far and I'll report back after the next 15 or so games with my results

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rick111:

Can someone upload the tactic here please? No wait time

http://www.ryanpartington.com/public/fm_tac.php

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried, and got the following error message 3 times in a row...

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/var/www/html/downloads/tactics/Knock1 (Knockbreda, Aug 2016).tac) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/public/upload.php on line 62

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpNOacOV' to '/var/www/html/downloads/tactics/Knock1 (Knockbreda, Aug 2016).tac' in /var/www/html/public/upload.php on line 62

Sorry, there was a problem uploading your file.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Adam C:

ive started using this as you obviousely worked very hard on it, icon14.gif, i started:

A PRESTON 3-0

A FULHAM 2-0

A HUDDERSFIELD 5-2

H READING 2-1

H MAN UTD 2-0

icon14.gificon_biggrin.gificon14.gificon_biggrin.gificon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great stuff buddy.!!! Finally, some people are making use of it icon_biggrin.gif

What team are you, btw?

Aston Villa in my 2nd season, in my first season i came third now im top, but chelsea have 2 games in hand to go 3 points ahead, but its looking good! i notice that these tactics make my team create a lot of chances and actually finish them quite often too, which is strange for my side, lol. We're starting to play great football too, which i only ever manage very rarely, great tactics! icon14.gif

Using this with my Havant and Waterloovile side. Sorry but its been dreadful for me. First season, id played around 22 games and was 8th place. Played 5 so far with the tactic and only won one - a poor game with a 87th minute dubous penalty giving me victory.

Im getting outplayed everygame, teams just rip you apart down your incredibly exposed flanks - my wingers are having very little effect despite being my two best players, and much better than the league that they are playing in. The flat back four is very very easy to break, one attacking midfieler, a ball slipped through and bang goal.

Not working for me.

Nice opening post icon_wink.gif I will try this tactic with my Fenerbahce (2009/2010). I will post the results here. The reason that I'm going to try this tactic is that I played in FM2007 with the same formatione, but somebody else his tactic and I had a lot of succes, I played until 2016 (Maybe more, I dont remember so good) and it was still working great. Anyway, ThnX for the tactic icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yovanation:

For me so far the tactic has been fantastic offensively, but very crap defensively. Any suggestions are welcome. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can only assume that its a poor defense you have? For the team i have, which is the best in my league by a long way, i still conceed a fair amount of goals, due to the attacking nature of the game. Fortunately, i Score 4 times more than i concede.

My top goal scorer, who isnt great by any stretch of the imagination.. (A N. Irish Regen, dont know his C.A or P.A, but i can only imagine his P.A is around 100 - 110)

He currently has 385 goals in 328 games

I will post a screenie up of him later. Perhaps my tactic is just very hit and miss? It either works, or it doensn't ?

It seems to be working for me, here are the results of my next 19 games

Barnsley........(A) 4:1

Birmingham......(H) 2:0

B.Jerusalem.....(H) 4:0

Man City........(A) 1:1

Fulham..........(H) 3:1

Benfica.........(A) 0:2

Bolton..........(A) 1:1

Newcastle.......(H) 2:3(ET)

Portsmouth......(H) 1:1

Schalke.........(H) 1:0

Reading.........(A) 2:0

Aston Villa.....(H) 5:2

Middlesbrough...(H) 5:1

Blackburn.......(A) 2:3

Liverpool.......(H) 3:1

Aston Villa.....(A) 1:0

Man City........(H) 1:0

Tottenham.......(H) 3:0

Man Utd.........(H) 3:2

In those 19 games Ive won 13, drawn 3 and lost 3. Although two of those losses (Benfica + Blackburn) were down to my reserve players, while Gilberto Silva missed a penalty in the 90th minute with the score at 2-2 in the Newcastle game. So the tactic is working well for me and those two wins against Man Utd and Liverpool have brought me back into the title race lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yovanation:

For me so far the tactic has been fantastic offensively, but very crap defensively. Any suggestions are welcome. icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can only assume that its a poor defense you have? For the team i have, which is the best in my league by a long way, i still conceed a fair amount of goals, due to the attacking nature of the game. Fortunately, i Score 4 times more than i concede.

My top goal scorer, who isnt great by any stretch of the imagination.. (A N. Irish Regen, dont know his C.A or P.A, but i can only imagine his P.A is around 100 - 110)

He currently has 385 goals in 328 games

I will post a screenie up of him later. Perhaps my tactic is just very hit and miss? It either works, or it doensn't ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, our defense certainly needs improvements, but conceeding 3 by the worst team of the league isn't only a defense's problem imho.

I see huge potential in this tactic, but to make it work at full capacity we'll have to deal with the problems. I'll be testing more and report back. icon_wink.gif

Archived