[FM08] Knockbreda F.C - 1 Man. 3,000 Dreams

NepentheZ

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a wonder Nep, do the national team in the game use your stadium for their games?

Good question. No, they use Windsor Park, Belfast [20306 (14500 seated)]

The cup finals are all played there too. They really should use my stadium though. I wonder if there is ever scope for new international stadiums in the game.

are you seriously gonna contact the club ?

Yeah. I'm sure they would love to know what I did with them :D

13 goals in one match.... I was on the verge of posting once when my striker got 7 hehe

Good read NepentheZ

And best of luck

Cheers Cenotaph.

most probably be the top one It would be mad if the 2nd one.

Nep i'll be your ass man

I think Crouchaldinho! is going to be my Ass Man :D - how about I make you development of youth?

Just had a look at Smylie's profile. He's insane and he's 2 footed :eek: His PA must be sky-high :D

Yeah, its stupid. I can only imagine his P.A could be 180+. The thing is, and I've began to notice this in the late years in FM08 - he only has high attributes, relevant to his position. [He's naturally an MC/AMC].

I thought, [and I made a big thing about it about a year ago IRL in GD] that the quality of players was dropping as I got further in the game. However, Playing FML [Odd that it took FM Live to allow me to figure this out] - I realized that each position has a set of attributes that are ideal for that position [Like, Dribbling, Crossing, Pace, Accel, Fitness, for a winger]

I then started to look at my players, and other players in the game. I was amazed at how many great players are actually on the game. I was underestimating everyone. Now, instead of the Gerrards, Lampards, Rooney's, Ibrahimovich', Kaka's - where they all have very high attributes in every area, we have players with very, VERY high attributes in the areas needed, and rubbish everywhere else.

For Example :

There is an Italian striker that got my attention, and I took a look at him. I glanced, and thought "rubbish". Since I realized what I just mentioned, I took another look : these are his vitals

Dribbling : 18

Finishing : 20

First Touch : 18

Heading : 20

Long Shots : 17

Technique : 14

Anticipation :15

Composure : 18

Off The Ball : 17

Positioning : 13

Acceleration :17

Pace : 15

Strength : 18

Jumping : 14

Agility : 15

So as a power forward / strong forward / target man - this guy is just sensational. most of his other technical attributes are below 10. His mental attributes are average, as are his other physical attributes. The guy is world class, but I turned my nose up at him about 4 seasons ago, when I could have signed him for £3,000,000. He's now valued at £18,750,000 - and no longer interested in joining me.

:(

Knockbreda FC, Season 37 [2044/2045]

First Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish Premier Division - Winners

N. Irish League Cup - Winners

N. Irish Antrim Cup - Winners

Champions League - Quarter Final [Lost 2-1 on AGG to Inter Milan]

All Ireland Cup - Winners

N. Irish Cup - Winners

Club World Championship - Winners

Super Cup - Final [Lost On Pens to Valencia, after 2-2 Draw]

Reserve Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish Reserve Group - Winners

Intermediate Cup - Winners

Antrim Trophy - Winners

U-18's Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish U-18's Group - Winners

U-18's Cup - Winners

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile [Missing this season. Doh]

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Coefficients [Knockbreda are Ranked 10th]

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Richest Clubs

Staff

Transfers

Team Sheet

The Awards

World Club Championship Best Player - Andrew Smylie

Champions League Best Player - Andrew Smylie

Champions League Dream Team - Andrew Smylie

Champions League Golden Boot - Andrew Smylie

European Golden Boot - Andrew Smylie

Fans Player of the Year - Andrew Smylie

Manager of the Year - Craig Douglas [NepentheZ]

N. Irish Player of the Year - Andrew Smylie

N. Irish Young Player of the Year - Gary Lappin

Player of the Year [NIP] - Andrew Smylie

Top Goal Scorer [NIP] - Andrew Smylie

The Records

Record Clean Sheets - 13 in a row

Record Unbeaten Run - 48 Games Unbreaten

The Transfers - In

Jim Burley [100k, Ranger] - After losing quite a few defenders over the last few seasons, I bought Burley as a back up. He looks like he has good potential, and is rated highly from my scouts.

Adam Stones [£1,000,000, Chelsea] - Further to the addition of Burley, I took on Stones, who, despite being young, can play either side of defense, and is already in the England U-21 Team

Steve Henderson [£500k, Birmingham] - A goalkeeper signed because he was highly rated by my scouts. They think he will be better than Rosetti, who is absolutely class. This means less football for YP5, unfortunately.

The Player

Andrew Smylie - An OK season. I expected about 180 goals this season, but injuries throughout the season didn't allow him a long run of games. Missed out on the Final of the CWC, and couldn't play in the Second Leg of the Champs League QF, both due to injury. Its a real shame, because he needs all the goals he can get now, to reach 3,000 before he retires.

The Games

[The Screenshots I took seem to have gone. I think my brother deleted the file by mistake :mad: ]

Summary

The season was tough. I scored a lot less, but I conceded a LOT less. Only 3 conceded in the league this season, which beats my record from 2023, when I conceded 5 Goals in the league. Gloentoran and Linfield were as dogged as ever, and surprise package Chimney Corner were making a break for the top 4, taking portstewart away from there for the first time in a while. Champions League was disappointing. After a clean sweet in the group stages, and a win v Sporting Lisbon in the First Knockout Round, Smylie and YP1 were both injured for the second leg, leaving my firepower up front severely damaged.

I'd have thought they'd go for Smylie instead.... :confused:

He hasn't been born yet.

Nep- you could go back to the matches and take the scree shots again?

If you click on the score in the fixture list, it will show you the PKM. Hey presto!

It only works with matches where you can still see all the details though (line ups, ratings, goalscorers, etc.)

He hasn't been born yet.

Nep- you could go back to the matches and take the scree shots again?

If you click on the score in the fixture list, it will show you the PKM. Hey presto!

It only works with matches where you can still see all the details though (line ups, ratings, goalscorers, etc.)

You're too good for me SCIAG.

Can't find a place that sells the shirt. Can't really find much info on them at all, really.

It's the same with Sport Boys (the Peruvian club I'm trying to emulate you with). They don't have a Wiki page, although they do have a category for past players. The closest thing they have to an OS is a site giving a 14 day weather forecast for Miguel Grao :(

Check out the first document here.

Here's an extract, to put into perspective the size of the club:

The applicant wishes to bring the ground up to PIL standard. The applicant proposes to undertake works within the current dressing rooms, by increasing their size and adding’s WC's.

Ground perimeter fencing will be erected around the ground as well as modifications to the current pitch perimeter fence, new dugouts and a protected area for players and officials to access the pitch.

So at present the club doesn't even have toilets in the changing rooms or a fence around the ground...you can't imagine there's much in the way of terracing!

Wonder if Nep's exploits with them are known by more people than the actual team itself?

A question for my followers. If a team that has never [or rarely] been in the N. Irish leagues gets promoted, should I take over them, and play with 2 clubs? It would add a little excitement, perhaps, if I could fast track them to the NIP, and a team as good as mine, and do it with a few others over the next 15-20 seasons, to make the league more competitive, the quality of N. Irish players a lot better, and hopfully really start bringing up the coefficients and world rankings of N. Ireland.

Amazingly, I JUST explained why to another person, in another thread :D

gutted. I can't wait 'till the N. Ireland manager resigns / gets sacked / retired. He's been in FM08 since the 2005-6 season, with Glenavon, in 2007-08 went to Birmingham, in 2011-12 went to Southampton, and then in 2015-16 moved to Everton. He retired in 2024-25 from playing, and then in 2026 took over as N. Ireland Manager. Its now 2046, and he is still there. And most likely, because of me, and the players I produce for the national team. So basically, he's always doing more than expected, because of my success. Which leads me to believe, he will never get the sack, and I have to wait until he retires before I get the N. Ireland job. Considering he is 56, that coul be anything from 1 year, to 20. :(

I couldn't manage them prior to 2037 regardless, because I hadn't completed Gundo's Challenge until then, and the rules stipulate no international management 'till its finished :D

Yeah. I saw a team that I'd never noticed this season, [Ards Rangers] but it turns out they made a short lived appearance in the NI2 way back in the 2011/12 season. :(

A few other teams have been in 5 or 6 times, but the chances of a brand new team getting promotion after nearly 40 years, is pretty slim.

yeah, I will manage both clubs. I did leave Knockbreda once [in a similar type of thing, for niresearchers request] - and Played as Tandragee. I don't really remember what happened [and have since deleted the screen shots] - But I got into the NIP.

If league reputation was not static then I reckon that N Ireland's would be high.

Shame there is no other way to change it :(

An interesting idea would be to make a duplicate of this save, and in the duplicate, use an edt file to swap Knockbreda into one of the English leagues, and see how Smylie does in those leagues. Would be very interesting indeed.

Could also, if you want to, make a duplicate of the save available for download for those with 08, and make a mini challenge (using your tactic) to see who can get Smylie to 3000 in the least amount of games. Now that would be fun.

Knockbreda FC, Season 37 [2044/2045]

First Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish Premier Division - Winners

N. Irish League Cup - Winners

N. Irish Antrim Cup - Winners

Champions League - Semi Final [Lost 6-5 on AGG to Barcelona]

All Ireland Cup - Winners

N. Irish Cup - Winners

Reserve Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish Reserve Group - Winners

Intermediate Cup - Winners

Antrim Trophy - Winners

U-18's Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish U-18's Group - Winners

U-18's Cup - Winners

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates

Club Info

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Coefficients [Knockbreda are Ranked 5th]

Finances

Player Records

Team Records

Richest Clubs

Staff

Transfers

Team Sheet

The Awards

[/url]

Champions League Best Player - Andrew Smylie

Champions League Dream Team - Andrew Smylie

Champions League Golden Boot - Andrew Smylie

European Golden Boot - Andrew Smylie

Fans Player of the Year - Andrew Smylie

Manager of the Year - Craig Douglas [NepentheZ]

N. Irish Player of the Year - Andrew Smylie

Player of the Year [NIP] - Andrew Smylie

Top Goal Scorer [NIP] - Andrew Smylie

The Euro Golden Boot Winner, Runner Up and 3rd Place, all came from N. Ireland this season, with YP1 taking 2nd, and Glentorans Jay Gray coming 3rd.

The Records

Record Attendance - 79,999

N. Irelands All Time Record Goal Scorer - Andrew Smylie

The Transfers - In

The Player

Andrew Smylie - A really good season this season. Scoring started slow for him, and he was 25 goals in 16 games at 1 point, I was really getting worried. Anyway, a small tactical change, and he finished with 159 goals.

The Games

2-0 v Barcelona [Champions League Semi Final, 2nd Leg] - Barce won the first leg 6-3. It was hard to watch. A 3-0 win needed at home to go through, and although we didn't quite get there, taking a 2-0 win was massive. We were so close, and tried really hard, making this one of the matches of the season.

4-1 v Inter Milan [Champions League Quarter Final, 2nd Leg] - After losing the away leg 3-1, a 2-0 win would have been enough. It was only 2-1 with 7 minutes to go, and they were very eventful. I scored to level it up at 3-1, and in the dying minutes Inter Milan had a goal chalked off. I wrapped up the game deep into Injury Time, to make it 4-1.

1-0 v Rangers [Champions League 1st Knockout Round, 2nd Leg] - I guess looking back on the season, I got very lucky to be at home in each round of the Knock Out stages of the Champions League. I thought I would turn over Rangers with ease, after beating Celtic 6-2 and 4-1 in the Group stages. However, this wasn't a walk in the park. A 59th minute goal from Manco saved the day, and took the match to Extra Time and eventually Pens. Smylie was injured for the match, and Youth Player 1 just back from injury. Even with an early second half red for Rangers, we couldn't get the 2nd goal, and Pens was worrying. I missed my first and 3rd, but fortunately, they missed all 4 that they took, giving me a vital path to the next round.

2-2 v Glentoran [N. Irish Premier Division] - I had a very injured, very tired squad towards the end of the season, and Glentoran looked like they could capitalize on that, taking the lead twice. We fought back hard both times, and earned a spectacular draw, with some untried players getting a game here just to make up the numbers.

7-0 v Glentoran [N. Irish Premier Division] - Not really because of the scoreline do I like this game so much, but more the fact I face Glentoran and Linfield very early on in the season, 1 right after the other [Glentoran being second] - and it could have been a defining moment in the league. The fact that 3 players born and bread in Knockbreda scored all 7 goals between them, was icing on the cake.

Summary

A tough season, but a fun season. I struggled a lot at the start, to score goals. I tweaked my tactic a little, though, and the goals started coming thick and fast again around christmas time. Linfield had a shocking season, and were lucky to finish 3rd with Lurgan Town breathing down their necks all season. Glentoran are really securing themselves as the 2nd best team in N. Ireland. I had some really tough matched this season due to injury crises, and was lucky to not lose domestically. Didn't think I needed to add to my current squad, and it will be much the same next season. Securing long term deals for big players will be key next season, especially as a few of my boys are moving well into their 30's now. [smylie, Forde, Janda and Downey] - and they are all First Choice. Next season, getting to at least the Semi-Final of the Champs League again is what I'm aiming for. If I can start getting to that stage each year, the wins in the competition will start coming thicker and faster.

Archived