CAMRAD - CAMpaign for Really Awesome Dots (in FM10)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Sick of 3D? NO!

Fed up with jerky or stuttering match highlights? NO! It's not jerky and doesn't stutter!

Love the imagination factor of watching a bunch of dots darting about on the pitch? NO!

Enjoy the tactical side of the game and feel that you can better judge your tactics in 2D? NO!

3D RULES!

Count me in. I love dots! I tried 3D last but my computer was too laggy so I went back to 2D. I think it looks waaaay better. 3D was too jerky. Who needs to see players run around when you can instead look at dots run around?

Dots rule.

It takes a long time for me, especially compared to 2D mode.

I hate watching football on television, so, no it definitely is a con.

Good for you. It's jerky for me.

Are you joking?

Absolute rubbish!

Only someone who is 'very very thick' or 'not football minded' would say such a thing... oh wait, you're about to try to patronise me by saying the same thing... :rolleyes:

Kind of rude really and coming from a ball watcher. ;)

I didn't say that I couldn't understand the positioning, I just said that positioning of players is easier to see when using 2D. That's why many coaches use 2D technology to check on their team's movement.

Again, I'm pleased for you, but it doesn't work very well on mine.

In my opinion, it doesn't look like real football at all. Plus, what you've written doesn't actually answer my point or make sense in relation to it!

No.

What?

What's wrong with using your imagination?

How could you possibly miss the point more? :rolleyes:

Second worst post I've ever read. :D

Regards,

C.

Crouchaldinhio i am sorry and i know this is of topic but what is the worst post ever? because to beat that it must be bad

I recently started a thread around 2d verses 3d and how I believe 2d was perhaps the better option to "manage tactical decisions and decide on additonal changes in game" and I come across this thread.

Would appreciate if someone can advise if this thread had ever had an official si response?

I recently started a thread around 2d verses 3d and how I believe 2d was perhaps the better option to "manage tactical decisions and decide on additonal changes in game" and I come across this thread.

Would appreciate if someone can advise if this thread had ever had an official si response?

No official response. :(

They probably think we're just a bit mental and best ignored. :D

Regards,

C.

Is it just me or on the 2D match engines of games like FM2005,2006,2007 and 2008 you could actually more or less see when a defender got skinned? Like the dot would do a mazy trick with the ball and take it past a slow defender and in your imagination you could see him skinning him in the actual match.

On FM2010 that is not there anymore because the dots now represent what the 3D is actually doing. In the 3D I have not yet seen someone skin a defender 1 on 1 or do tricks against him. I used to see it all the time on the old skool Fm's if a players attributes were high in dribbling, technique, pace etc...

I say for FM2011 bring back the FM2007 match engine and have all the features 2010 did in the game itself with even more if possible.

That will never happen but it's good to dream :)

Well being the head of Imagination department of CAMRAD, I feel it is my duty to ask my fellow members to join one of the things I feel that have been left out by the so called "Realism" that was brought by the 3D, which is FUN.

In the end FM is a game and should be fun.

Spanner - works, but:

What about using pure commentry? I loved the days when 2D wasn't around -the commentry gave you a picture in your mind as to what was happening and it was playable then. With the Match analysis tool there is no need for 2D really..

Saying that, I can see that using 2D gives you a live top down view, making it easier to analyse your game in real time.

But then again 3D makes the game "feel" better if you see what I mean. I guess it comes down to personal preference - 2D if you are more into the tactics side of the game and 3D if you are more into the experience of the match day.

Spanner - works, but:

What about using pure commentry? I loved the days when 2D wasn't around -the commentry gave you a picture in your mind as to what was happening and it was playable then. With the Match analysis tool there is no need for 2D really..

Saying that, I can see that using 2D gives you a live top down view, making it easier to analyse your game in real time.

But then again 3D makes the game "feel" better if you see what I mean. I guess it comes down to personal preference - 2D if you are more into the tactics side of the game and 3D if you are more into the experience of the match day.

I loved the idea of 2D as soon as it was introduced back in CM4 (wasn't it?). I never went back to commentary and I could never go back to it now.

I just thought 2D was the perfect idea really, giving you a top down representation of what your team was doing on the pitch, without spoiling the imagination factor and without setting the impossible goal of trying to imitate real life as exactly as possible through 3D graphics and movement etc.

C.

If you want to have a discussion, try to do it in a mature and polite way. Give firm opinions backed up with evidence. Argue the point but do so with respect for others.
I believe I have done so. If you think otherwise please heed your own advice and provide evidence

ism-scfc - I'm very disappointed to read your recent response to me. I would like to discuss this in a grown up and mature way but unfortunately you have proved yourself incapable of forming a cogent argument, let alone having an adult conversation.

I just do not have time to respond to individuals who cannot take part in a discussion in a mature and respectful way.

As you have asked for evidence of this, I am including a few quotations from your recent post in this thread so that you can understand why I, and others, feel that your posts are basically full of empty trolling.

would you please like to explain your point in normal English, using none of the feeble arguments above and also none of the arrogant, deluded '2D is better than 3D because...erm...erm...erm' type of crap

[...]

For the last f**king time, I do not claim that my opinions are necessarily fact. Do you know the difference between fact and opinion? I think a return to Primary school beckons for you Mr. Crouchaldinho

[...]

I do think that you may have a problem comprehending what you read if you think that those comments were directly aimed at you

I won't give a response to any of these statements because I don't want to give you the satisfaction of a reaction from me. Needless to say, I'm just very disappointed that you feel the need to be so rude about me. I can only presume it is because you are not equipped with the necessarily skills to have an intelligent argument.

This is the end of the line for me. I have absolutely no desire to get involved in a slanging match.

Regards,

C.

• 4 weeks later...

Just heard Steve Claridge on 5 Live make the very point Crouchy made earlier in this thread.

Commentating on the Portsmouth v Man Utd match, he remarked on Sir Alex Ferguson's touchline ban, and how he has to sit in the stands instead. He said that, if anything, it's an advantage as "you can't see the game from the touchline, when you're in the stands you can see everything and get a better feel for the game", and that the higher up you are, the better it is.

Common sense, really, but it does add to why I, personally, get better results with 2D than with 3D.

• 2 weeks later...

Really loving the 2D Classic in FM10 now I've got used to it.

I've had quite a big FM10 session over the last couple of days and I've been enjoying the 2D very much.

I really couldn't imagine ever getting into the 3D or using it at all. I think a major part of it is not having the top down view and the names and numbers being visible all of the time like you do in 2D.

C.

Really loving the 2D Classic in FM10 now I've got used to it.

I've had quite a big FM10 session over the last couple of days and I've been enjoying the 2D very much.

I really couldn't imagine ever getting into the 3D or using it at all. I think a major part of it is not having the top down view and the names and numbers being visible all of the time like you do in 2D.

C.

Have you tried 3D on Fm10 yet?

• 3 weeks later...
Your whole post was pretty ridiculous, but that point especially. If you really think that the only thing that matters in football is what's happening on the ball, could I politely suggest you start watching netball instead?

Netball teams wouldn't want the guy watching them. Anyway's MR C love the T Shirt shows how long it's been since I posted in here) and Long Live the Dots.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I sit alone, and watch your light,

My only friend through teenage nights

All the patches I had to get

I got them off the internet

You showed us all the old time stars

From Liverpool, to Vauxhall Cars

You showed 'em shoot, you showed 'em score

What you left out, our minds did draw

So don't become some background numbers

A backdrop for managers with sore thumbers

Who just don't know, or just don't care

They just complain that it's beyond repair

You've had the time, you've had the power

You're yet to have your finest hour

Crazy dots

All we see is, three dee gaga

Three dee goo goo, three dee gaga

All we hear is three dee gaga

Three dee blah blah

SI Games, what's new?

Circular things, someone still loves you!

We watch their arms, we watch their ears

In full screen, for years and years

We hardly need to use our minds

This match engine's a field of mines

Let's hope you'll never leave our friend

Like all good things, we truely depend

So stick around, 'cos we might miss you

When we grow tired of all this visual

Crazy dots

Three dee blah blah

SI Games, what's new?

Crazy dots

Deserves to be posted again, it's just that good.

I'm onboard, if I want to watch computer football I'll play FIFA, if I want to watch real football I'll watch Fulham FC and if I want to enjoy FM I'm using dots

O.k I will confess I went 3d for a wile got fed up,did not play the game for months as I lost the love for it! Started playing again last week went back to 2d and am hooked again....I am back in love with the game thanks to 2d! One day I may switch to 3d but that day is not yet as 2d is so much more fun!

I sit alone, and watch your light,

My only friend through teenage nights

All the patches I had to get

I got them off the internet

You showed us all the old time stars

From Liverpool, to Vauxhall Cars

You showed 'em shoot, you showed 'em score

What you left out, our minds did draw

So don't become some background numbers

A backdrop for managers with sore thumbers

Who just don't know, or just don't care

They just complain that it's beyond repair

Crazy dots

Three dee blah blah

SI Games, what's new?

We watch their arms, we watch their ears

In full screen, for years and years

We hardly need to use our minds

This match engine's a field of mines

Let's hope you'll never leave our friend

Like all good things, we truely depend

So stick around, 'cos we might miss you

When we grow tired of all this visual

Crazy dots

Three dee blah blah

SI Games, what's new?

Crazy dots

Deserves to be posted again, it's just that good.

is it wrong i put radio gaga on on my iphone and song along with these words???:D

may do for the next FM actually. I'm sickeningly bad at this one :(

Remember us talking how we can't wait for the game? :D

Well, I also haven't been the best in this FM.

Can't wait for the patch to come out, so I could properly begin my long term save. :)

Archived