[FM24] - Free Transfers and Hidden Gems

Bigpole

On 24/10/2023 at 11:17, kopfan1977 said:

£3m transfer from Fortuna Dusseldorf in Germany.. I can see this guy being one of my go to players for FM24. Not able to get a work permit for him in England, but can assign him to one of the new ESC work permit places which you get 4 of.

Screenshot 2023-10-24 111214.png

He looks great for the price, suspect he'll be one of my go to signings as well now.   

Not sure how to post screenshots but Fidalgo and Doria are absolute bargains at the start of the game, under £2m each and can slot into a Prem side straight away.  Also Julien Carranza and Alexander Barboza are great pick ups on pre contracts at the start of the game.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, celtic_fc said:

He looks great for the price, suspect he'll be one of my go to signings as well now.   

Not sure how to post screenshots but Fidalgo and Doria are absolute bargains at the start of the game, under £2m each and can slot into a Prem side straight away.  Also Julien Carranza and Alexander Barboza are great pick ups on pre contracts at the start of the game.

I'm currently trying to bring him in the January window to replace Ben Davies at Rangers, his value is between £450k - £1.8m. Not sure if he's got a random PA or what, his attributes still look very solid, scout report says he walks the SPL for note.

1 hour ago, celtic_fc said:

If you give me the full names of all the players I'll take screenshots and upload for you 

19 minutes ago, Emozil said:

If you give me the full names of all the players I'll take screenshots and upload for you 

Alvaro Fidalgo, Spanish AMC. Plays for Club America in Mexico at game start. Got him to Rangers for £500k first season, great wee player. 

Doria is a Brazillian CB, not sure which club he's at.

1 hour ago, Hoarau said:

I'm currently trying to bring him in the January window to replace Ben Davies at Rangers, his value is between £450k - £1.8m. Not sure if he's got a random PA or what, his attributes still look very solid, scout report says he walks the SPL for note.

Yeah he's got a similar value on my save.  Looks we're gonna end up with pretty similar teams cause I've got Berterame and Ruiz on my list too.  :D 

1 hour ago, Emozil said:

As @Hoarau mentioned, the other two are Alvaro Fidalgo and Doria who starts at Santos Laguna.  Really appreciate it :thup:  

Another couple worth checking out are Adamo Nagalo, Nadir Zortea (available for 500k) and Orri Steinn Oskarsson.

Edited by celtic_fc

6 hours ago, celtic_fc said:

I wanted to see if he had high PA as he seems so good, so used a non licensed scouting tool.. Sadly for me he isn't going to get any better than what he's gotten to currently. But he's been solid and reliable for my first season in the premier league, will likely revert to squad rotation in a season or 2 once I'm able to afford to. 

Screenshot 2023-10-25 203313.png

1 hour ago, kopfan1977 said:

I wanted to see if he had high PA as he seems so good, so used a non licensed scouting tool.. Sadly for me he isn't going to get any better than what he's gotten to currently. But he's been solid and reliable for my first season in the premier league, will likely revert to squad rotation in a season or 2 once I'm able to afford to. 

Screenshot 2023-10-25 203313.png

Still looks really solid. Easily good enough for most leagues.

David Martinez, signed from at the start of season 2 from Monagas in Venezuela where he's on a youth contract. 800k compensation rising to a little over £1m which is just a ridiculous bargain. He was signed as a breakthrough prospect, but he's forced his way into the team and has just come 2nd in the 2025 NxGn.

image.png.d09b8c138b364469ae781888ded6244f.png

Luciano Rodriguez, 3m from Liverpool in Uruguay. Hasn't had as much impact as I would've liked mostly because of the emergence of Martinez. Hopefully he has a little more room to grow to improve his mentals a little.

image.png.a98b09497e129b7bce22c0f1a3db12ae.png

Lamine Camara, 6.25m release clause from Metz. Already very well rounded and still plenty of room to improve.

image.png.d2b8c8698ddf30df710c6ba4196cceb5.png

And finally Costinha, 3m from Rio Ave. Good attacking full back.

image.png.d4814c6a17789849c004bf9312752020.png

Ouedraogo of Schalke id huge, a great wonderkid with a release clause of 17million pounds.

Ok, not a bargain, but Schalke start a game with a-100 million in bank and get in administration really Quick and sell players for nothing.

You can buy ouedraogo for less than half a million if the club is in administration 

14 hours ago, Hoarau said:

Álvaro Fidalgo

Fidalgo2.jpg.8e05240c6230d9a3e367860d88307ea6.jpg

AlvaroFidalgo.thumb.png.6cf935bcf760ac970be8ff52ee9b96b6.png

Fidalgostats.thumb.png.b16b1b7c064443f3a77025427aa1c08b.png

Name : Alvaro Fidalgo

Club : Club America (Mexico)

Nationality : Spanish

Price Range : Less than £1m at game start

Review : Bargain, likely will change in the full release because being able to pick him up for £500k is probably business I wont be able to replicate this FM, he's so tidy on the ball and have exceptional long range passing. Can play equally efficient on the left as an IF/IW or in the AMC strata. A favourite of mine for the last couple of FM's.

He looks absolutely outstanding for £500k! :eek:

Another few random finds from my "Early Access" save with Rangers, obviously the scout reports are skewed towards the standard of the league I'm in and the team I am so be mindful these are all English Premier League standard players, they aren't intended to as i rarely play in England so these guys could defiantly do jobs in other leagues around Europe and wider world of football.

Cordoba2.jpg.b59833bdd45b92dcb983f4ac9a1b150f.jpg

Cordoba.thumb.png.5f109c04594b9bc46019ee63ee75b74a.png

Name : Jose Cordoba

Club : Levski (Bulgaria)

Nationality : Panamanian

Price Range : Less than £2m

Review : Solid pace, strong and good in the tackle. Needs works on his passing and heading but given his age it's doable. 

**************************************************************************************************************************************

Faqihi2.jpg.c8e4ba8c7ef5f3414db06f1309d266ec.jpg

Faqihi.thumb.png.8ad31988dba3067ceb1c50e0e49b8e25.png

Name : Muath Faqeehi

Club : Al-Hilal (KSA)

Nationality : Saudi

Price Range : Can be picked up on a bosman near the end of season. 

Review : This could be a strategic one, if you somehow get the Saudi league as an add on then this lad would be worth his weight given he looks a rare home grown Saudi youngster. He's actually a good player in general, nice balance of attributes that could be slightly moulded. 

***************************************************************************************************************************************

Ghram2.jpg.7eb933429e385b9e9de0be70fbcc4413.jpg

Ghram.thumb.png.5435092aeb2e39aaab5917a593060d32.png

Name : Alaa Ghram

Club : CS Sfax (Tunisia)

Nationality : Tunisian

Price Range : Less than £2m

Review : Another young solid CB, decent across the board and could be develop into what ever role you play. Has some pace, decent positioning and solid tack, head, marking.  

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Maeda2.thumb.jpg.c69d551a29f297a7b7ed2c2e8e30ce9e.jpg

Maeda.thumb.png.4d97fed1ba7ccf8c0ebc5f933979245e.png

Name : Naoki Maeda

Club : Nagoya (Japan)

Nationality : Japanese

Price Range : Less than £150k or can be picked up on a bosman end of season 1.

Review : Slightly older than most would like but is a good squad option, in my game he choose Celtic over me and was immediately worth £13m and scored 4 in his first 5 games so there is a player there. 

**************************************************************************************************************************************

Ozcan2.thumb.jpg.8b14c398a0196ab1e3ccda779cdb8ace.jpg

Ozcan.thumb.png.59c56d28e36c0d348a73d91c2c9b344c.png

Name : Yasin Ozcan

Club : Kasimpasa (Turkey)

Nationality : Turkish

Price Range : Structured deal around £6m/£7m.

Review : I've not found many young players who can play both CB & LB, I like the idea of having Ozcan as the LB on a IFB role as they're rare. Good spread of attributes and love that determination. 

************************************************************************************************************************************

Theo2.thumb.jpg.053ceeb1b4e04162b0f30c49b9c036df.jpg

Theo.thumb.png.fa47976d74a41eac16303792da67027e.png

Name : Theo (Zidane)

Club : Auxerre (France)

Nationality : Algerian

Price Range : Less than £5m, I've actually seen his transfer listed on 2 saves towards the end of the season and both times it's been less than £1m.

Review : A lot to live up to for the son of a legend, Theo looks to at least have a splash of his dad's talent, could defiantly cause damage played in the 10 behind the striker(s). Has some holes of course but that's part of the fun. 

***************************************************************************************************************************

Vrbancic2.jpg.10447aa8fa2e847cf4aa7cbe943f7bfd.jpg

Vrbancic.thumb.png.5279fd86f7c226bfad373361f6a754f2.png

Name : Luka Vrbancic

Club : Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia)

Nationality : Croatian

Price Range : Potentially structed £3m deal

Review : New Modric!? Ok maybe not but this lad excites me and will be a top 5 target when the full release come. Some of those attributes at 18 are wild, new favourite found. 

Nanasi had a £1.7m release clause. Everton were sniffing around and for that price even if I didn't want/Need him I wasn't about to allow them to get him. Easily walk into lower to mid table prem team. 

Sanz is a former Barca yth prospect. Highly versatile and available for around £5.5m. For that kind of outlay he's a great addition to most teams. 

Screenshot 2023-11-01 005631.png

Screenshot 2023-11-01 005559.png

These are some of my second season cheapish finds:

Bastien Meupiyou for €3.4 million from FC Nantes

a0b3827b5220366c73725a664786abd5.png

Jovan Sljivic for €3.5 million from Crvena zvezda

8b36852c1e98f6ebf0ecf8e69cc1b1c4.png

Ismaël Gharbi for €1.6 million from PSG

85c2217bed1fb7e4d20dd8333b13fb76.png

Aleksander Hammer Kjelsen for €2.7 million from Valerenga

9121c9b62fb93d379a2ac1dbf56ac7b5.png

Lots of good players for cheap in Italy, check Venezia for a few good options. The following player is however available for 50k(!!!) AND requests low wages, if that's not a bargain I don't know what is. Not sure what kind of reputation is needed to attract him though, so not sure if he's useful for LLM. I reckon he can come to most countries' B divisions though, which is fantastic imho.

Cortinovis.png

On 08/11/2023 at 12:58, macca72 said:

Marcel Ratnik, mulling this one over as a first season signing for Leeds. anybody got any experience of him?

image.png.6e8572e8e83de2199780ed65e99da89f.png

image.thumb.png.2ba3f8faa996f5bda117b678a034b28d.png

I had him last year when I was doing Panathinaikos save - bags of potential, sold him 2 years later to Dortmund for 12 mln. Superb ball playing defender, not the best CD in the world but easily a star at clubs like Dortmund, Marseille, Lazio, Lyon, Leverkusen, Sevilla.