The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

9 hours ago, dylan.gangat said:

108542.png.d2cae98e3ff05442bf8d83fc21eac35e.png

Olimpo

This will be my first attempt at trying to complete the youth academy challenge and I'll be heading to Argentina in hope of achieving this.

20221126020307_1.thumb.jpg.35e6cd2e24d0ca2f60ba42f0a457118f.jpg      20221126020957_1.thumb.jpg.ac947da24f91054aad06adee26ef87ea.jpg      20221126025744_1.thumb.jpg.17df4ae0679ec1f8acd1e12c1977c313.jpg      20221126025840_1.thumb.jpg.b169bf945e58807d91254d257e2ab0a6.jpg      20221126023057_1.thumb.jpg.fb8019796a7cf930a09c7c27169fbcd7.jpg    

I see you are using the in-game editor. That’s not allowed on this challenge. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Winski said:

I see you are using the in-game editor. That’s not allowed on this challenge. 

There is no way to remove the icon since I've purchased the in game editor but I did check the box to prevent the use of it at the game setup screen :thup:

Edited by dylan.gangat

10 minutes ago, dylan.gangat said:

There is no way to remove the icon since I've purchased the in game editor but I did check the box to prevent the use of it at the game setup screen :thup:

Check if it's somehow said you've used the in-game editor while you have it turned off in the game status? I know it was a bug that was in last year's game.

Edited by JLAB

How is it that I have nearly £40m in the bank and I'm £300k a WEEK under the wage budget but I can't offer a player 8k a week and it caps it at 6k?

An extra 2k a week is a no go even when I'm 300k under :idiot:

Should be an option to re-evaluate the wage structure.

5 minutes ago, dylan.gangat said:

Where would I be able to check this JLAB?

image.thumb.png.3b508c3d89af4ba927da5d521369e8a8.png

You go to options and press the "Game Status" which will show you what leagues you have loaded and whether the in-game editor is on.

1 minute ago, JLAB said:

image.thumb.png.3b508c3d89af4ba927da5d521369e8a8.png

You go to options and press the "Game Status" which will show you what leagues you have loaded and whether the in-game editor is on.

in-game-editor.thumb.jpg.18f387d7cb84a0c38f1fb298025ecc4d.jpg

I figured it out but this makes no sense that it says I enable it when actually I disabled it. Because if I go to the editors pen icon I am not able to click it plus I know that you have to also enable in game editor bar icon and that is enable in preference. So basically I prevented the use  of the editor in the game setup but the game registers that I didn't prevent it  shown on the screen above but I can't use the in game editor within the game. I hope that makes sense. What should I do because I think this is a bug and if i carry on with the challenge I feel people will say I've used the editor when I haven't.

1 minute ago, dylan.gangat said:

in-game-editor.thumb.jpg.18f387d7cb84a0c38f1fb298025ecc4d.jpg

I figured it out but this makes no sense that it says I enable it when actually I disabled it. Because if I go to the editors pen icon I am not able to click it plus I know that you have to also enable in game editor bar icon and that is enable in preference. So basically I prevented the use  of the editor in the game setup but the game registers that I didn't prevent it  shown on the screen above but I can't use the in game editor within the game. I hope that makes sense. What should I do because I think this is a bug and if i carry on with the challenge I feel people will say I've used the editor when I haven't.

Yeah, you've got the in-game editor bug. There's not a lot you can do in that situation. That screenshot should be enough, since it's a bug that you've proven. You will want to also put a bug report in regarding that as well.

1 minute ago, JLAB said:

Yeah, you've got the in-game editor bug. There's not a lot you can do in that situation. That screenshot should be enough, since it's a bug that you've proven. You will want to also put a bug report in regarding that as well.

Okay cool. Thanks for letting me know I'll send in that bug report :thup:

7 minutes ago, dylan.gangat said:

What should I do because I think this is a bug and if i carry on with the challenge I feel people will say I've used the editor when I haven't.

i think you'll be fine, we can all see it's a bug and not you. good luck!

First of all congratulations for the finished challenges in the last days :applause:

And how are some of you guys so fast? It takes so many hours/days/even weeks for me to finish 1 season, while some of you finished 10+ seasons... :D  Are you playing 12h a day or simulate (instant result or holiday?) a lot? :D

Edited by tual

Always hate seeing this:

1322602157_S7_RoosSellOnCancelled.png.3fa2270676f185a5ad9cbda5aca7d1fd.png

I didn't have the choice to sell the clause and it looked obvious he wasn't making it at PSG (didn't make one first team apperance).

I'd love to be able to use this when dissuading others at the club "Remember Matteo Roos? He wanted to go to a bigger club and look what happened to his career, do you want that?"

Wonder what would have happened with him had he stayed here.

8 minutes ago, grff said:

Royale Union Tubize-Braine: 2027/28 Season Review

A disappointing season on the back of a tenth place finish last time out. We finished in the relegation group and only stayed up after winning the play-off.

TABLE28.thumb.jpg.96ac01ce2adaaabcd7c663a2a864fc63.jpg

Player stats were pretty poor with our leading scorer and assister failing to reach double figures.

stats28.thumb.jpg.849bbc4c77f8ceb26a038b3da964633e.jpg

The season saw two major departures as we lost both star keeper and star DM for a combined £13m. This has left us with a mediocre squad but has helped pay for improvements in the facilities.

7751296_xfer28.thumb.jpg.e7f93af87511e9d190a6fec68e5f343d.jpg

Next season is going to be a tough one as we try and cling on to top flight football. The facility improvements and bringing in coaches/HOYD with optimal personalities will hopefully result in better intakes.

hist27.thumb.jpg.ed6f993b99fe1c197b34bf3914d15447.jpg

How is your balance looking ? And the profile screen of the players you sold? Tubize are one of the only teams that remained stable in my 5 year holiday test. All the other teams went almost bankrupt or had enormous debt.

3 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

How is your balance looking ? And the profile screen of the players you sold? Tubize are one of the only teams that remained stable in my 5 year holiday test. All the other teams went almost bankrupt or had enormous debt.

Balance is currently at £8.3m. I often fall into debt during the season and the TV money keeps me solvent when it comes around.

bal28.thumb.jpg.b8380ba00ed783c874c8668857b80544.jpg

jk28.thumb.jpg.1c1f0534974b14255b744bea98b3cca8.jpg

lb28.thumb.jpg.a69054883ab43c4a3e02bdc4323ee41d.jpg

11 hours ago, the_hdk said:

I got more or less the same  plaus all the players in brazil. plus I took england and spain as playable and major euro countries as view only. took all south american countries top league as playable to add to competition.  I will probably pay for it though....my turkish game really lagged after 13 seasons.

I might add England or Spain when I can take the team to the first division. Same with neighboring countries in continental competitions. By this, I mean as active leagues. I worry about the game lagging as well.

5 hours ago, dylan.gangat said:

Ahhh I see man. I always wanted to use them because their facilities are quite decent at the start of game.

It's cool. Enjoy your game with Olimpo!

1 hour ago, tual said:

First of all congratulations for the finished challenges in the last days :applause:

And how are some of you guys so fast? It takes so many hours/days/even weeks for me to finish 1 season, while some of you finished 10+ seasons... :D  Are you playing 12h a day or simulate (instant result or holiday?) a lot? :D

I started my Tampico Madero game during beta. Instant result requires a custom skin and I didn't rock one till this week. I also watch my matches to micromanage players.

Maybe my upcoming save I'll instant result. Not sure yet.

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

EqXGwdx.png

2027/28 Season Review:

uXiAyvz.png

xVqRkag.png

I'm not sure exactly how to capture final position, I think I'll update it to go for the full table instead of the final group, or add both. Switzerland does a lot of stuff post split. We stayed up fairly comfortably, but in the European places playoffs we lost. The goal was to stay in league and we did it, so I'm happy. 

ko6bV71.png

OUXR2d0.pngl2XJcxl.png

Our first two wonderkids!

rbvixjQ.png

and he's gone. Hate Release Clauses.

D2GKfjV.png

8D5ad8p.png

A lot of upgrades, so that help keep us on the right path moving forward. 

Youth Intake:

Jau69SG.png

rVroCYZ.png

Still getting some real high end prospects. None ready to come into first team yet, but it won't take long to start pushing for spots. 

2028/29 Season Preview:

PpjxWbO.pngf40si9H.pngMkv3bJY.png

A94oaBa.png

BJQfSYM.png

6JzOpNT.png

I made some tactical tweaks which seemed to add some more goals, so if it was a legit breakthrough and not just playing the bottom teams then I'm a bit more optimistic about pushing into the top group come split. Still, all that's expected is to avoid relegation so that's the primary goal.

I know how you feel with the final position, it’s a confusing league. Also, it always bugged me when the split occurred and the news item said Chiasso finish with a measly XX points, even when I finished 3rd after 22 games. 

The one thing I really don’t get, maybe it’ll be different for you, is when the champions playoff I assumed the first time Basel had 2 home games because they finished 1st however in my last season I finished 1st and yet young boys got 2 home games.

Anyway, it certainly is quite an interesting end to the season in Switzerland

21 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

I know how you feel with the final position, it’s a confusing league. Also, it always bugged me when the split occurred and the news item said Chiasso finish with a measly XX points, even when I finished 3rd after 22 games. 

The one thing I really don’t get, maybe it’ll be different for you, is when the champions playoff I assumed the first time Basel had 2 home games because they finished 1st however in my last season I finished 1st and yet young boys got 2 home games.

Anyway, it certainly is quite an interesting end to the season in Switzerland

It is certainly interesting. Last year it was just 10 team league and play everyone 4 times.

8 minutes ago, Padders said:

Anyone explain to me why renewing your players contracts that are about to expire in 3/4 months results in you mot winning a single game????????????????

image.thumb.png.79e70fb3c87a01dec13b68edc49dec6f.png

I got players become complacent after signing their contracts.

5 minutes ago, Padders said:

So season done

Didn't win a single game in the last 13 games after renewing contracts

Was sat just outside the play offs at the time

A bit ridiculous don't you think?

image.thumb.jpeg.1a451bf9a7e3ce2922cdebc939893084.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9446027285913daff70a9b16c8114520.jpeg

It’s not the fact you gradually lost form it just fell off a cliff with a 6-0 loss.

It feels like a feature that they haven’t got the balance quite right.

Did you see players were complacent at the pre-match team talk?

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

So season done

Didn't win a single game in the last 13 games after renewing contracts

Was sat just outside the play offs at the time

A bit ridiculous don't you think?

image.thumb.jpeg.1a451bf9a7e3ce2922cdebc939893084.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9446027285913daff70a9b16c8114520.jpeg

Have pretty much had a phase like this in every season in the 10 i have completed so far as FC United. I can be absolutely flying, and will just suddenly lose 8-9 games on the bounce with nothing I can do or change to help it.

14 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

It’s not the fact you gradually lost form it just fell off a cliff with a 6-0 loss.

It feels like a feature that they haven’t got the balance quite right.

Did you see players were complacent at the pre-match team talk?

Yeah the 6-0 loss was straight after the contract renewals

Can't remember pre match talk

AM takes them

Just kicked off season 11, these are my ticket prices/season ticket prices and how many holders we have. Finally made progress on the season ticket holders. but match ticket and season ticket prices are down over 10 seasons i would have expected something slightly?

Season Ticket Holders   2056 2056 2056 2056 2056 2056 2056 2056 2158 2265
Price   £149.00   £149.00   £148.00   £148.00   £148.00   £148.00   £148.00   £147.00   £148.00   £148.00 
Match Ticket   £11.00   £11.00   £11.00   £10.00   £10.00   £10.00   £10.00   £10.00   £10.00   £10.00 

2 hours ago, Perre8 said:

image.png.45186df3ffeb19f09a7f2fb27c5e959e.png

Roma City FC

a6e5e90fbc4aecfb2b0f601eace2a7e8.png

With a start in Spain (Portugalete) and Portugal (CF Caniçal), i just didn't feel any connection with those teams. I decided i wanted to go back to the roots, played in the early days of CM a lot in Italy and i really like it. The clubs, the names, the amount of big teams in the Serie A...man i love it! I wanted a unique story and club so i was checking the teams to be promoted to the Serie C. I came across Roma City while i was using the custom database from Ridler on Steam. So i save scummed Roma City FC to the last place as they are eligible for the challenge this way. 

There is no history in the club because it is a new club. In July 2022, Rome-born American entrepreneur Tonino Doino acquired Atletico Terme Fiuggi with the aim of turning it into the third club of the Italian capital. As such, he renamed the club Roma City and relocated it to Riano, in the outskirts of the city.

First season | Club |Youth intake preview 1 | Youth intake calculation | Second season | Riano Athletic Centre future plans | Riano AC location

c7c63a453e263a920e0117c25ea4723d.png

618ce89038f1f77ea72e48cdaf2238f1.png

promotion to Serie C!

d3f314701aaf411095b4201c117aa2cb.png

ee56081adde8018b1aede4eee89f5604.png

We move to the training/match ground of AS Roma U21

64b7a8481cdca9e4a7e93d879a766e3b.png

94c5bc417ac4016ab968306626733268.png

This TV money will get us out of the red figures (i hope)

Love that logo and club name. Good job promoting that fast. Good luck in the serie c

2byUx3b.png

Club Comunicaciones - Primera Nacional - 2023

CLUB: PROFILE | FACILITIES | HONOURS | BOARD VISION | SUPPORTERS | FINANCES

MANAGER: PROFILE

zICNJck.png0ztWxzg.png

Jordi Valdéz of Tampico, Mexico is now the manager of Club Comunicaciones.

Club Comunicaciones is the latest to join Primera Nacional as they fight their way to glory as they become the best team hailing from Buenos Aires.

There are 7 other teams in Primera Nacional that are from Buenos Aires:

Club Atlético All Boys
Club Atlético Atlanta
Club Atlético Barracas Central
Club Comunicaciones
Club Atlético Defensores de Belgrano
Club Deportivo Riestra
Club Ferro Carril Oeste
Sacachispas Fútbol Club

Another six teams in Liga Profesional de Fútbol from Buenos Aires:

Asociación Atlética Argentinos Juniors
Club Atlético Boca Juniors
Club Atlético Huracán
Club Atlético River Plate
Club Atlético San Lorenzo de Almagro
Club Atlético Vélez Sarsfield

Time to get to work and find new staff to mold players like Emiliano Ojeda 22H and Daniel Cavallini 22I.

Inspiration for my manager's name comes from my Tampico Madero save with the players Jordi Rocha 23C and Guillermo Valdéz 24A.

Edited by hubwub
ss of staff page

I love Iceland.  I love big challenges.  So, off to Knattspyrnufélagið Bessastaðir, who go by the name KFB, we go.  They are quite clearly the worst side in Iceland, as they lost every game by finishing bottom of their division.  Oh, they also don't have a youth academy.  So I will need to save money in order to build one.

Club Introduction

Knattspyrnufélagið Bessastaðir

yZ8DdYu.png

The Manager

This is me.

RoEWygS.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start      25 November 2022             N/a                    £0 p/w            £0 p/w (Amateur contract)

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Poor              Basic                 None             None               Local   (0.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                Position     Mjólkurbikar         Lengjubikarinn A               Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

5 hours ago, Nottingham Forest said:

I know it’s been mentioned before and hopefully someone is willing to share theirs as I’m useless at training but any schedules or the best schedules you’ve found to help maximise?

I'd check out this guide on SUSIE. https://sortitoutsi.net/content/61092/football-manager-youth-development-guide-mentoring-and-training-wonderkids

7 minutes ago, hubwub said:

Who would you choose as a HOYD?

uVfNxtd.png

oyb7fcY.png

They both fit the formation I'm going to run which is a 4-2-3-1 DM AM Wide. I'm leaning towards Ismael Blanco.

I would always choose the pro one . why would you pick Blanco, because of his higher det ?