The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hall of Fame | Academy of World Records

Last year we had a record (well a record since I started tracking it) number of completions so let's see what this year brings

User                         Club         Country               Year Completed          Version

jstu9			Lami		  Fiji*			2035			FM23
libbyshuss		Aachen		  Germany		2063			FM23
Dr Pepepr Man		Bashford	  England		2041			FM23
leyrtj			Magesi		  South Africa		2031			FM23
grff			Otahuhu United	  New Zealand*		2033			FM23
grff			Al-Nojoom	  Saudi Arabia*		2033			FM23
Barnsley		FC United	  England		2053			FM23
grff			Ifeanyi Ubah	  Nigeria*		2033			FM23
fries			South Shields	  England		2044			FM23
ludak			OFK Beograd	  Serbia		2041			FM23
the_hdk			Polonia Warszawa  Poland		2039			FM23
thomas_e		Energie Cottbus	  Germany		2033			FM23
Neo_Geo			Chiasso		  Switzerland		2034			FM23
hubwub			Comunicaciones	  Argentia		2027			FM23	
hubwub			Tampico Madero 	  Mexico		2027			FM23
the_hdk			Karsiyaka	  Turkey		2039			FM23
HenTheChicken		Mumbles		  Wales			2046			FM23
glennuk			Worthing	  England		2056			FM22
thomas_e		Katwijk		  Holland		2036			FM22
Neo_Geo			Katwijk		  Holland		2038			FM22
Daddy			Karpaty Lviv      Ukraine		2041			FM22`
toshimitzou1		Haukar		  Iceland		2035			FM22
libbyshuss		Whitby Town	  England		2066			FM22
libbyshuss		Chaco For Ever    Argentina		2056			FM22
dkouv			Sant Andreu	  Spain			2039			FM22
OlivierL		Africanos Bragança Portugual 		2038			FM22
Ronaldo Beckham		Toulon		  France		2037			FM22
SpS_Zen			Heibei Kungfu 	  China			2032			FM22
fries			FC United	  England		2043			FM22
Daddy			Deportes Concepcion	Chile		2037			FM22
thomas_e		Unterhaching	  Germany		2040			FM22
Flashman\'s School Days	Tacuarembo	  Urugay		2032			FM22
Pauldinho7		Beira-Mar	  Portugal 		2042			FM22
DrJones			Huelva		  Spain			2031			FM22
SpS_Zen			Mbombela United	  South Africa		2038			FM22
Zdnap			Lotte		  Germany		2032			FM21
OlivierL		RW Essen	  Germany		2030			FM21
toshimitzou1		AO Aigaleo	  Greece		2041			FM21
darren1983		South Shields	  England		2046			FM21
TerminalPortugal 	Portalegrense	  Portugal		2043			FM21	
scarp			Bora Rangers	  Scotland		2049			FM21
libbyshuss		FC Mirassol  	  Brazil		2045			FM21
holidaysong		FC United	  England		2048			FM21
Slipky			Ashton United	  England		2036			FM21
steve.rush		Sannois SG	  France		2046			FM21
Cheez3y			Wits		  South Africa		2026			FM21
Armeniar		Sedan		  France		2035			FM21	
Cheez3y			Lyn TF		  Norway		2031			FM21
thomas_e		Sacachispas	  Argentina		2030			FM21
JAwtunes		Widzew Lodz	  Poland		2038			FM20
vikeologist           	Palermo           Italy       		2041   			FM20                         
thomas_e              	South Shields     England  		2040                    FM20       
dkouv                  	Scarborough       England  		2045                    FM20       
Miek                    Nuneaton Boro     England		2049                    FM20   
Padders                	Scarborough       England   		2277 (not a typo)    	FM20
thomas_e               	Energie Cottbus   Germany		2033                    FM20
XaW			Kettering Town	  England		2036			FM19
thomas_e		Real Jean	  Spain			2038			FM19
b101			Sampedrense	  Portugal		2031			FM18

* challenge was completed on a custom database.

Edited by darren1983

With a user name like mine it just had to be....

319493288_Screenshot2021-10-29231929.png.69efbf8b96d46cb6eb10004f34f71d55.png1019973983_CARDDRACSMANAGERMENT.jpg.662ed922cff5108270f2831bb717f4f1.jpg

Forcast to finish last so should be an interesting first season

Wales ticks over on the 25th june again, not sure what day for new teams as it skipped a few days from the 12th to the 16th may without pausing but it is in that timeframe for different teams

30 minutes ago, JLAB said:

Good luck everyone. I don't plan on starting my journey until 8th November, but I'll be keeping an eye on things in the meantime. 

I'm waiting for release as well. but is there really a reason to? Is there a history of bugs being fixed that wouldn't apply to a beta save?

If there is a bug in league promotion/regulation or other league rules based bugs I could see those requiring a fresh save to be fixed. I'll be looking on the forums as we near release to see if there is any glaring issues in the English leagues and if so I'll restart. 

23 minutes ago, Daddy said:

I'm waiting for release as well. but is there really a reason to? Is there a history of bugs being fixed that wouldn't apply to a beta save?

Mostly for database issues and any youth related bugs that could turn up. Some database mistakes have already been found it seems. 

Edited by JLAB

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

If there is a bug in league promotion/regulation or other league rules based bugs I could see those requiring a fresh save to be fixed. I'll be looking on the forums as we near release to see if there is any glaring issues in the English leagues and if so I'll restart. 

Hard to argue with that logic. I instantly don't want to do scouting so I'll have a new save soon :)

This is a first for me having a Fan Trust Takeover, have these always been possible? For me it's always just been a 'local investor'.

image.thumb.png.ca0864859c958c325440197eacf57b4d.png

image.thumb.png.7cbd7885cecbbe4daa57ed1e7138d1ff.png

I hope this makes the new Supporters Mechanics doubly impactful, though on first glance the "Board Vision" and "Supporters Vision" still seem the same. Specifically, I would think the "Supporters' Influence on the Board" would automatically go to max, cause like they are the board? Question is if this is bug or intended.

image.png.7d766ad9b978d8d70bdc14dfafc9d283.png

IbzNxL9.png

OdSJW8V.png

Ilkeston had an intriguing story to me. From what I had read this was the fourth or fifth club to try to take root in Ilkeston. Also not a club I've seen people trying so that added to my own interest.

1NxA6Bj.png

ytuIG1R.png

Profile and Facility data. 

ADbTq9t.pngVtqMQzu.png

The club only has one kit, but the game has that blue color kit. I managed to find the main and sleeve sponsors and used a cool site that removes background (Remove bg or something like that) to make it play nicer with kitbasher. For the first season I aimed to get as close to their actual kit as possible. The second season I'll go crazy but keeping the color scheme. 

jF0G9at.png

xM9nVcZ.png

NI4Jbom.png

Haven't tinkered with tactics but I have enough players to not have grey players so a good start.

6 hours ago, WhiteCat33 said:

This is a first for me having a Fan Trust Takeover, have these always been possible? For me it's always just been a 'local investor'.

image.thumb.png.ca0864859c958c325440197eacf57b4d.png

image.thumb.png.7cbd7885cecbbe4daa57ed1e7138d1ff.png

I hope this makes the new Supporters Mechanics doubly impactful, though on first glance the "Board Vision" and "Supporters Vision" still seem the same. Specifically, I would think the "Supporters' Influence on the Board" would automatically go to max, cause like they are the board? Question is if this is bug or intended.

image.png.7d766ad9b978d8d70bdc14dfafc9d283.png

I'd report that as potential bug personally. Might just be an oversight, but it's good to report anything, especially in the beta.

8 minutes ago, Bartrcm said:

Meet the new manager of my favorite team in the world, Racing Mechelen.

For Belgium: save on the 1th of April to get new teams, then holiday until June the 30th.

You just saved me a bit of time. I found June 30th, but was unsure of the team date so I was experimenting for it. I am also going for Belgium now that they reduce the number of matches in all tiers! Was one of the reasons I struggled to get into Belgium before. 40 league matches is too many! :D 

1 minute ago, glennuk said:

@darren1983 and @XaW I believe this year South Korea can be included as there is relegation/promotion from division 2. Can you confirm? I am planning not to start until full release but thought I'd ask since the new thread is up

If it's relegation from the lowest tier, go wild son! :D 

Here we go.

Club Introduction

FC United of Manchester

F.C. United of Manchester - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

giU4hYe.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Average          Fairly Basic       Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, XaW said:

You just saved me a bit of time. I found June 30th, but was unsure of the team date so I was experimenting for it. I am also going for Belgium now that they reduce the number of matches in all tiers! Was one of the reasons I struggled to get into Belgium before. 40 league matches is too many! :D 

I'm still not sure that the amount of games is decreased. You never know in Belgium. ;)

Started with South Shields as I have unfinished buisness there from FM21.

The board expects play offs in the first season but I have some problems with the improved AI management. I have difficulties with holding a lead...

2 hours ago, glennuk said:

@darren1983 and @XaW I believe this year South Korea can be included as there is relegation/promotion from division 2. Can you confirm? I am planning not to start until full release but thought I'd ask since the new thread is up

From a quick look there doesn't appear to be relegation first season but I'm just testing it now so will let you know.

Edit: Seemed for 12 months and there is no relegation from South Korea League 2, I don't know if it's meant to be in or just comes in later seasons (like Holland did/done) though

Edited by darren1983

4 hours ago, XaW said:

I'd report that as potential bug personally. Might just be an oversight, but it's good to report anything, especially in the beta.

I made a report the same time I posted here and SI have already responded that they are investigating.  I promptly went on a 10 game winless streak after the takeover so I'm probably lucky it's not max fan influence

34 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

From a quick look there doesn't appear to be relegation first season but I'm just testing it now so will let you know.

Edit: Seemed for 12 months and there is no relegation from South Korea League 2, I don't know if it's meant to be in or just comes in later seasons (like Holland did/done) though

Yeah, my reply was based on the fact that it was relegation. I did not test it personally.

Yes, yes, I realise I am spamming.  But you should all know me by now in that I have several saves on the go at the same time.  So here we go in Scotland.

Club Introduction

The Spartans

The Spartans F.C. - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

GyaZGX4.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Adequate          Adequate              Good             Average            Regional   (1.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Scottish Cup          Premier Sports Cup        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

23 minutes ago, ANGL said:

I feel like I am close to completion on my ASA save in FM22, so will give myself a couple of seasons more until I switch to FM23. Should I post my updates here or in the FM22 thread?

During Beta I'd say the FM22 thread will still be best but on full release, if you're still playing it then think here is fine.

5 hours ago, XaW said:

Berchem Sport here I come!

4c1FC9R.png

mow1vDE.png

Good luck ! Regens from my hometown :)  Started with them three or four times but always decided to quit (first team because of data issue, second time because of financial issues). 

5 hours ago, darren1983 said:

I've simmed up to 2030 in the game with South Korea just loaded. No promotions from K LEAGUE 3 clubs into K LEAGUE 2.

14 minutos atrás, OlivierL disse:

I noticed some reports about development bugs - specifically on technical attributes.

Is this a real issue like we had last year and if it is.. this could be a long term problem for this challenge ?

Not really. Well at least I hope. Its in beta status so I hope SI can fix it for the final release. And thats the plus of the beta status.

I just hope Youth Facilities bug is gone.

4 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Not really. Well at least I hope. Its in beta status so I hope SI can fix it for the final release. And thats the plus of the beta status.

I just hope Youth Facilities bug is gone.

Sorry i mean a long term issue for starting or 'real' game in this beta stage.