• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KHMBBMO.png

2025/26 Midseason Review:

Mst8lHB.png

Doing about where I expected given I got rid of my keeper and went with a 16 year old two white star current ability. He's actually doing alright with a 6.93 average rating in 27 appearances. We're not getting crushed with goals allowed, upper mid most in league though. About the same for goal scored. Slight improvements to both would be a big help. Had a pretty long term injury to one of my better players, but as he gets back into game shape I'm hoping to close out the season in the top 7 and see about making a promotion push.

ePsRPOv.png

Well the last few were almost all As and came out to be ok. Fewer As here, but I'm really just hoping for at least one player to come in ready to take a starting spot soon. No Youth player has taken a starting spot yet, but I have one player who I think is going to retire and three more who are now hitting early 30s. I don't want to be in position where they all retire and the drop off is massive. 

Dorchester Town.png

I'm going to have another go at this after reading all your posts! Couldn't get into the save I attempted a few weeks back with Bamber Bridge, but this save has started much better (still playing on FM22 btw).

The team that I have taken over is Dorchester Town Football Club based in Dorset, England. I've attached the club profile and my manager attributes below.

1902491145_Dorchnewmanager.PNG.8b85949e04cf24c389c9f4895dbbff87.PNG

1424789453_Dorchnmprofile.thumb.PNG.25fd6cf951566873045f7a91e7871405.PNG

Hopefully will have the 1st season update out later tonight! :) 

Redditch United

Season 1

Youth Intake Preview

509681819_IntakePreview1.thumb.PNG.5fb13e66168d3022d6a01ccbebe53257.PNG

A fairly solid core of A's. Bit disappointed at a lack of striker but that's how it goes.

We're currently mid-table after 20 games, 6 pts off play-offs and 6pts off relegation. That's about the absolute best I can hope for, tbh.

Edited by SuperRedditch

9 hours ago, thomas_e said:

Maybe there have been changes I dont know about, but I dont think it's possible to get promoted to the top division in Mexico for quite a few years? Maybe even 5-6 years, as relegation from the top flight got suspended a couple of years ago. 

Just double check so you know a promotion is possible! 

I'm gonna check this now. I already started playing with the club I picked. Let me start an alternate save in Mexico that sims for 6+ years to see if anybody gets promoted.

Edited by hubwub

36 minutes ago, hubwub said:

For those interested in what happens in Mexico, if promotion and relegation is possible.

spacer.png

In the 2023/2024 season, Tecos got promoted.

In the Apertura, Cancun won.

spacer.png

spacer.png

In the Clausura, Celaya won.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Average Points is how a team is relegated from Expansion MX and as well as Liga MX.

spacer.png

Even though Celaya won the Clausura for Liga BBVA Expansion MX. They got relegated because over a three year period they had the lowest average points.

Now, who should get relegated from Liga BBVA MX.

spacer.png

Over a three year period, it says Puebla. However, Puebla did not have 0 points in 22/23 but 29 points in game. As for what the 21/22 points, the real life Liga MX ends on October 30. So when the full game should be out that column  should be filled in or not.

So on June 10, the reset date for Mexico.

spacer.png

Promoted into Liga BBVA MX is Cancun.

spacer.png

As for Liga BBVA Expansion MX, Puebla has been relegated and Tampico Madero has been promoted.

Celaya is no longer a playable team for the 2024/2025 season after they got relegated based on average points.

I didn't even need to sim for six years. Just needs the three year average points to be filled in.

I wonder if the winner of Campeón de Campeones Liga Expansión MX is the one that gets promoted because the match was between Cancun and Celaya. Cancun won and the date for their promotion was 5/25/2024.

So, promotion/relegation does work in Mexico. This means I can continue my save. I love it.

Good to know for the future...

24 minutes ago, Nottingham Forest said:

He's not as good as a couple of your HoYD but considering he didn't show up as interested and it's not his preferred role I'm fairly happy with my new HoYD for now. Will be the third one I've had. 

I'd give my left nut for that guy at my club! How many seasons does it take for the effects of a new HoYD to kick in with regards to personalities etc? Is it two?

10 minutes ago, 15charactersmax said:

I'd give my left nut for that guy at my club! How many seasons does it take for the effects of a new HoYD to kick in with regards to personalities etc? Is it two?

His personality will affect intakes pretty much instantly (I think) due to how your actual players get determined in the YI Preview. For the quality of your intakes its 3-4 years before he will start bringing in your players. Don't be surprised if you see a dip in quality of intakes around then especially if you bring in a foreign HOYD who doesn't know your country. 

That's why I track year to year my intakes as it takes at least 6-8 years till you can reliably determine things aren't working. Don't forget though U18 & U21 Head Coaches and other staff also impact personalities. 

@Nottingham Forest that dude at 33 could last you the whole save, fantastic pickup! And with only a National A license his reputation should go up as he gets badges.

Edited by WhiteCat33

15 minutes ago, Reiver said:

Quick note: check how many players your team actually has - don't join a freshly promoted team to find out they only have 13 players.

Also check age and contract status of those players. I've had a few times where a bunch of players either retire or won't sign a new contract. 

21 minutes ago, 15charactersmax said:

He didn’t show up as interested which is weird but he is better than what I’ve had.

Steve Chettle - Fairly Determined

Then some fairly old bloke at 63 that was fairly professional.

Neither had the greatest of stats.

14 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

His personality will affect intakes pretty much instantly (I think) due to how your actual players get determined in the YI Preview. For the quality of your intakes its 3-4 years before he will start bringing in your players. Don't be surprised if you see a dip in quality of intakes around then especially if you bring in a foreign HOYD who doesn't know your country. 

That's why I track year to year my intakes as it takes at least 6-8 years till you can reliably determine things aren't working. Don't forget though U18 & U21 Head Coaches and other staff also impact personalities. 

@Nottingham Forest that dude at 33 could last you the whole save, fantastic pickup! And with only a National A license his reputation should go up as he gets badges.

Hopefully I’ve got a winner. He’s already knocked a few players down across the squad. So I’ve probably got a better idea with how good we are.

3 hours ago, hubwub said:

For those interested in what happens in Mexico, if promotion and relegation is possible.

spacer.png

In the 2023/2024 season, Tecos got promoted.

In the Apertura, Cancun won.

spacer.png

spacer.png

In the Clausura, Celaya won.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Average Points is how a team is relegated from Expansion MX and as well as Liga MX.

spacer.png

Even though Celaya won the Clausura for Liga BBVA Expansion MX. They got relegated because over a three year period they had the lowest average points.

Now, who should get relegated from Liga BBVA MX.

spacer.png

Over a three year period, it says Puebla. However, Puebla did not have 0 points in 22/23 but 29 points in game. As for what the 21/22 points, the real life Liga MX ends on October 30. So when the full game should be out that column  should be filled in or not.

So on June 10, the reset date for Mexico.

spacer.png

Promoted into Liga BBVA MX is Cancun.

spacer.png

As for Liga BBVA Expansion MX, Puebla has been relegated and Tampico Madero has been promoted.

Celaya is no longer a playable team for the 2024/2025 season after they got relegated based on average points.

I didn't even need to sim for six years. Just needs the three year average points to be filled in.

I wonder if the winner of Campeón de Campeones Liga Expansión MX is the one that gets promoted because the match was between Cancun and Celaya. Cancun won and the date for their promotion was 5/25/2024.

So, promotion/relegation does work in Mexico. This means I can continue my save. I love it.

You legend!!!

I can finally do my Sinaloa save (unrelated to this challenge) that I’ve wanted to do ever since watching Narcos Mexico :brock:

13 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

You legend!!!

I can finally do my Sinaloa save (unrelated to this challenge) that I’ve wanted to do ever since watching Narcos Mexico :brock:

I know this is going to be off-topic, are you making a new team or are you taking over Dorados de Sinaloa?

8 hours ago, hubwub said:

I know this is going to be off-topic, are you making a new team or are you taking over Dorados de Sinaloa?

Planning on going Dorados de Sinaloa…why? I have a sinking feeling you’re going to tell me something is wrong with that idea….

53 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

@Perre8 I dont want to be rude but check if you can get promoted to LaLiga, last year they had a link with Athletic Club.

@libbyshuss thats harsh :(

@The7Striker  yes they have a link but it will be terminated when in the same division. I forgot to put the affiliated info in my post. posted the affiliated info just now. Thx fpr your concern 😀

Edited by Perre8

36 minutes ago, Nottingham Forest said:

Unlucky @libbyshuss. Is this your first sacking with this challenge? As you’ve completed it a few times. 

nah, i've been sacked loads of times! My favourite was in England with Enfield Town. Sacked after 29 games, 28 of which I lost!

It's also why i like this challenge so much, cos there's actual jeopardy involved. you're way more likely to get sacked than complete it

1 hour ago, the_hdk said:

Isn;t thge club in Brazil that produces haitian and syrian yotuh now in D league? technically that means they can promote to C and can be used for this challange

That is Perolas Negras. I don't know if they can be used in this challenge.

25 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

They can. They are in Serie D, so of they pop up in Serie C, game is on :D

I know they did last year, i loaded them up but didn't get to play them because of the massive amount of games in Brazil. Could be a very fun save i think

Edited by Perre8

1 hour ago, libbyshuss said:

@darren1983  Not sure if Holland is available this year. I simmed up to 2026 with no promotions to that second tier. Unless i've done something wrong....

same... :(  also no south korea despite in RL they introduced promotion/relegation to 3rd level.

maybe in next release they will add it?

13 minutes ago, schnauzer said:

Question for the forum: Would this guy make a good HOYD? His determination is great, and with another coaching badge or two should look quite good right?

image.thumb.png.3fe0af86a2025cb612ba602a2749be55.png

He has a good personality.  Are you managing in England tier six?  If so, then his JPA & JPP are also good for that level.