The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

Just now, Kazushi80 said:

Since I dont't think that there will be a fix for the financial problem in belgium, I'll restart the challenge soon. At the moment I am thinking about the country I am doing it in (Poland, Czech Republic, Denmark, Romania, Croatia are on my mind)

One question 

@darren1983 / @XaW

I am thinking about using the great "Increase Realism"-Megapack from Daveincid. Is this a database update which can be used and you just get a note if you complete it (since it's only makes the game harder) or is it forbidden?

Sorry, nothing other than extended databases are allowed.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 horas atrás, Kazushi80 disse:

Since I dont't think that there will be a fix for the financial problem in belgium, I'll restart the challenge soon. At the moment I am thinking about the country I am doing it in (Poland, Czech Republic, Denmark, Romania, Croatia are on my mind)

One question 

@darren1983 / @XaW

I am thinking about using the great "Increase Realism"-Megapack from Daveincid. Is this a database update which can be used and you just get a note if you complete it (since it's only makes the game harder) or is it forbidden?

What is the issue with Belgium? I was thinking about starting one with Genk (obviously doesn't fit the challenge)

Spoiler to my season but @jepze I've found the same bug in the database that you have, it looks like the promotion playoffs aren't correctly implemented. It should be a 2-stage playoff with the two Division 1 teams playing each other and then the winner plays the relegation playoff team from the higher division. Unfortunately, it looks like the Serie 1 team just gets to play that second match so even if I beat Young Boys Diekrich I still can't get promoted.

image.png.bce9e09326e4d6f0551b74bbb590b408.png

image.png.6ef2dd7bb8e89cd36d4a2ce11eaad05f.png

image.png.43cff0d2d74dd57cf749b6628cca67e3.png

I've looked back a few years in the save and multiple times your situation has happened. Guess we gotta get good and earn that third trophy!

I loaded about 30 times and don't get a team from my birth city Mersin. Fun fact the team is 1st in the 4th tier in turkey.

I play this year the challenge because I always struggle in the transfermarket when I play other challenges. It takes always so long to get the right players and I don't play further the game. The challenges aren't my main saves and I still play a multiplayer save in fm 21.

So this is the perfect challenge for me because I only have the focus on youth.

Karşıyaka SK

Season 0 -  Start 2023

Karşıyaka SK is one of the oldest clubs in Turkey and the oldest club in Izmir. Because nobody every finish the challenge with the Turkish League I try my luck.

Media prediction is 15th which is a good start. There is a team from 4th tier which is after promotion 3th in media prediction (in another 3rd tier group) but I thought this is to easy to take this team even they hadn't a manager at the start.

Manager | Transfers | Season Preview | Club Overview | Facilities

Edited by gb2003

3 minutes ago, gb2003 said:

Karşıyaka SK

Season 0 -  Start 2023

Karşıyaka SK is one of the oldest clubs in Turkey and the oldest club in Izmir. Because nobody every finish the challenge with the Turkish League I try my luck.

Media prediction is 15th which is a good start. There is a team from 4th tier which is after promotion 3th in media prediction (in another 3rd tier group) but I thought this is to easy to take this team even they hadn't a manager at the start.

Manager | Transfers | Season Preview | Club Overview | Facilities

Good luck! Im on my 13th season with Kaf Sin Kaf and having a blast. Turkiye has some really awesome intakes. Only minus point is that they do not produce any foreign players.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb the_hdk:

Good luck! Im on my 13th season with Kaf Sin Kaf and having a blast. Turkiye has some really awesome intakes. Only minus point is that they do not produce any foreign players.

Thanks, I try my best.

Going to be a hard season 5 for me.

Nuzzi was out of contract, no interest in signing and whilst my facilities are not maxed I need to get funds still so I offered him out for a straight £10m (the asking price he was happy with). Inter and Juve offered it up front and Dortmund with £6m up front £3.6 over 12 months and 30% of profit. He's joined Inter.

155554026_S5_ByeByeNuzzi.png.b35b7ed223e9a9ef05b88a8d2e40a59a.png

In addition to this I have Dortmund nearly triggering Beretta's £5.75m release clause and Chelsea nearly doing the same with Capone's £7m release clause. The season hasn't started and my squad is going to be decimated to the point where I think relegation could be a possibility if I lose these players (the back-ups are no where near yet). This is the first season we are predicted NOT to finish last, second last now at 500-1, so losing Nuzzi is a huge blow but if the others follow suit I'll have lost the best talent in two windows:seagull:

3 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

thats rough @Neo_Geo stay strong!

Mandli just complained about playing in a stronger squad, I told him about his release fee, he wasn't having that, then told him to pipe down and he's left it there but isn't happy. It only ever ends one way, he's got 2 seasons left so I'm looking at one season left with him tops. This season is absolutely make or break for the save.

Here' they come....

466394311_S5_MandliNotHappy.png.a2cf5ad216fb86b989b949c97aa17c34.png

EDIT: Now one of my team leaders has come to me saying I should let him leave......the same team leader that had a go at me for letting Nuzzi go even though he was in his last year of his contract and wouldn't sign another. AI in this department is sorely lacking.

Edited by Neo_Geo

Absolutely capitulated :D what do people do when they are winning games, you know FM is going to let them come back but you can't stop it no matter what instructions or mentality switches you do. You can be cruising 2-0 and within 10 mins be 3-2 down. I was 4th at christmas. The 2 games in a row against Alfreton and Kettering were 2-0 up after 65mins and went on to lose. I thought i was on to a winner again by the next games and then after that complete white flag held up. 4th and pushing for promotion, down to 11th - 5 points off playoffs but no sign of any revival in results. I Can't stop the rot :D 

image.thumb.png.1658993dd4be0e7192640f8fb338b978.png

Apologies double post, the next 4 games - all defeats. I genuinely cannot change it again theres nothing i can do, morale meetings/praise criticise/take over training and employ team bonding sessions etc. nothing stops the rot :( how can I be flying to christmas change nothing, and completely do this. I was hopeful playoffs were achieveable this time with how i was going my team was flying. :( 

Starting this with the club who play at my local park.

Letham FC in the Scottish Midlands League (6th tier).

Capacity of 250 (apparently). The pitch is just an astroturf pitch with a fence around it, and the changing rooms are in a portakabin next to a childs play park down a path.

Me and my 10 season ticket holders are expecting a great time.

41 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

So I went down the rabbit hole of kit creation and I created some kits for Marine. Had to give them a Norwegian company logo, of course! :D 

aobW8uO.png

Next season when they sponsor an English team, we know who open the doors  :lol:

Just now, The7Striker said:

Next season when they sponsor an English team, we know who open the doors  :lol:

I wish I had that kind of backing! :D 

So I just had Mandli and Pereira both came to me stating they were going to consider their options at the end of their deals and managed to get both to back down by stating that as a club we have ambitions but we need them to be part of it to achieve those and BOTH of the players said they would stay put as the club is ambitious (Pereira even ditched his agent as a result).

Welcome To Jazz Club Fast Show GIF - Welcome To Jazz Club Fast Show The Fast  Show - Discover & Share GIFs

I've now got £22.7m in the bank so I will have a decision to make in the summer regarding Mandli, offer him out to get some money in for him or let him go at the end of his contract for nothing. There is an A grade forward in the youth intake preview so maybe wait and see what they look like (if its obvious they are a wonderkid I think I'd sell Mandli but I doubt I'd ever be that lucky!).

EDIT: Now have £18m in the bank following an agreed training facilities upgrade

What would anyone else do in this situation?

Here's Mandli just now:

S5_Mandli.thumb.png.bbf40843bb9f39765c88dbe153acef21.png

Edited by Neo_Geo

Hello everyone,
I was thinking of startingthe challenge again, but I ended up with a potentially challenge ending problem...
At the start of the season, we had a player, out of contract, but still at the club. I thought nothing of it, he's at the club, I can just extend his contraact from month to month to actual part time right ?
I checked the transfer center, we had nothing ongoing, so nothing to cancel.
And then at the end of the season, the Season Review announces that we had a new arrival.........
I checked the transfer history, and he was signed  on June 14th so season 22/23. But with NO CONTRACT ! How can you sign a player with no contract ?
So the question is : Can I continue my challenge with that player, or is it over ?

Spoiler

BGsra3a.png

wiwY5nf.png

d6uYAUh.png

MtcpF3F.png

By the way, my newgen are also counted as free transfer on the end of season review timeline, but not in the transfer center, that should be OK right ?

Spoiler

yuLq7nQ.png