How do I...

I’m managing in League 2 and have a limited scouting budget. 

I have the scouting pack to only include league 2 players but the scouting budget seems to be dwindling quite fast. I’m not scouting any players and haven’t got a recruitment focus set up. 

Any ideas how to stop the scouting budget from going down ? Is it potentially because players on shortlist are constantly scouted ? 

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 12 Stunden schrieb WhatsGoingON:

I’m managing in League 2 and have a limited scouting budget. 

I have the scouting pack to only include league 2 players but the scouting budget seems to be dwindling quite fast. I’m not scouting any players and haven’t got a recruitment focus set up. 

Any ideas how to stop the scouting budget from going down ? Is it potentially because players on shortlist are constantly scouted 

Players on the shortlist are kept up to date per se.  But you can switch that off. In any case, if you add players to the list, you will be asked exactly that.

Unless you have "switched off" this question at some point

Edited by Conardo

How do I find the Disabled List when playing an MLS Team? I had players that were on it for more than 6 matches, but I couldn't find a button or a screen to re-register them for my team. Which makes the list useless in future seasons.

4 hours ago, trviggo said:

Is there a way to set opposition instructions to go by positions by default? Seems kinda pointless to even have that option if you have to go in there for every game and turn it on for every player anyway. 

Yes, here:

image.png.e813b561f954f656981b27abcc9cc0f2.png

vor 6 Stunden schrieb trviggo:

Is there a way to set opposition instructions to go by positions by default? Seems kinda pointless to even have that option if you have to go in there for every game and turn it on for every player anyway. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb XaW:

Yes, here:

I think that wasnt the question. He means, that oppostion instruxction are per default by players ....  you cannot change this ...

If you call up the opponent instructions under tactics, they are always set to "Player". So you have set Position, but you still have to switch to "Position" because it is set to Player by default.

Edited by Conardo

2 minutes ago, Conardo said:

I think that wasnt the question. He means, that oppostion instruxction are per default by players ....  you cannot change this ...

Ok, I might have misunderstood, but that screen allows you to set opposition instruction defaults per position, and that sounds to me what he asked for?

Here is the one for players:

image.thumb.png.c9444a4f0b7d19b7e5b96490e097371f.png

And here is the default for positions, no matter who plays there:

image.thumb.png.ef32e5869c18271854b7fae43cb9ab37.png

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Yes, here:

Reverts back to player designated instructions after each game, meaning I still have to go in there and select every player, then switch the instructions to be position specific. 

Edited by trviggo

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Even if you do it on a day where you don't have a match? 

Yeah, sorry I responded before reading the new comments so got a little messy in here, but what I'm requesting is for a way to make the MI column blue (or position) by default. So I can set this once and not go back into it before every game. 

image.png.40dfed43e4fd277cfa00cf88cd8aab57.png

Edited by trviggo

1 minute ago, trviggo said:

Yeah, sorry I responded before reading the new comments so got a little messy in here, but what I'm requesting is for a way to make the MI column blue (or position) by default. So I can set this once and not go back into it before every game. 

image.png.40dfed43e4fd277cfa00cf88cd8aab57.png

Ah, ok, I don't know if that's possible or not, sorry.

Find players? Like do my own searching around the globe? It only allows me to search for players that have been scouted. I'd like to find potentially great players using the search function but it doesn't seem to allow it anymore. Even when I look at teams in South America, players are greyed out, do I need those leagues loaded?

8 hours ago, SynergyIso7 said:

Find players? Like do my own searching around the globe? It only allows me to search for players that have been scouted. I'd like to find potentially great players using the search function but it doesn't seem to allow it anymore. Even when I look at teams in South America, players are greyed out, do I need those leagues loaded?

You need a package for world or whatever contains SA, then create a recruitment focus there. No, you do not need to have the leagues enabled, newgen players will still spawn.

On 05/12/2023 at 05:39, filip_croatia said:

I tried to import training schedule , but it won't open/load it ? What am I doing wrong ? Please help ! I am more of an EHM than FM guy, so consider me rookie :)

You can only use imported training schedules if your team is Professional.  If its Semi or Amateur then you can't.  Not sure if that's the issue

12 hours ago, alian62 said:

You can only use imported training schedules if your team is Professional.  If its Semi or Amateur then you can't.  Not sure if that's the issue

This is not technically true. You CAN import training schedules into semi-pro or amateur teams. I believe they just have to be semi-pro or amateur schedules since you don't have the same number of slots available.

43 minutes ago, steve.battisti said:

This is not technically true. You CAN import training schedules into semi-pro or amateur teams. I believe they just have to be semi-pro or amateur schedules since you don't have the same number of slots available.

Yes that could true as I just download them so they are more likely pro ones 

14 minutes ago, alian62 said:

Yes that could true as I just download them so they are more likely pro ones 

I use two super-simple training plans in semi-pro. One for preseason and one for regular season. You can easily set these up on your own in like 2 mins:

Remember that in semi-pro/non-league there is very little point at all in trying to develop players. Your facilities and coaches are terrible, and the vast majority of your players will be on one-year or non-contracts, and if you get promoted very few of them will be good enough to stick around. Therefore, your training should focus heavily on the things that directly impact your match performance - you want training that focuses on building tactical familiarity and working on set pieces. Here's what I do:

• Preseason: The goal with your three practices per week during the preseason is simply to get your team fit for a long season. Here's how I set up my six sessions per week: Physical and Endurance, Resistance and Quickness, and Physical and Endurance. I use this schedule for every week in the preseason except for the week of the first league match, when I switch to my Regular Season regimen.
  • Regular Season: In the regular season, you're down to 2 practices with two sessions each. Here's how I set them up: Match Practice and Overall, and then Match Tactics and Set Piece Routines. Occasionally I will swap out the Overall with something like a Team Bonding, especially early in the season when I still need to build up team cohesion. Or, if I go through a particularly rough spell, maybe a session or two focusing on offense/defense. But by and large I mostly leave it like that the whole time.

9 hours ago, steve.battisti said:

I use two super-simple training plans in semi-pro. One for preseason and one for regular season. You can easily set these up on your own in like 2 mins:

Remember that in semi-pro/non-league there is very little point at all in trying to develop players. Your facilities and coaches are terrible, and the vast majority of your players will be on one-year or non-contracts, and if you get promoted very few of them will be good enough to stick around. Therefore, your training should focus heavily on the things that directly impact your match performance - you want training that focuses on building tactical familiarity and working on set pieces. Here's what I do:

• Preseason: The goal with your three practices per week during the preseason is simply to get your team fit for a long season. Here's how I set up my six sessions per week: Physical and Endurance, Resistance and Quickness, and Physical and Endurance. I use this schedule for every week in the preseason except for the week of the first league match, when I switch to my Regular Season regimen.
  • Regular Season: In the regular season, you're down to 2 practices with two sessions each. Here's how I set them up: Match Practice and Overall, and then Match Tactics and Set Piece Routines. Occasionally I will swap out the Overall with something like a Team Bonding, especially early in the season when I still need to build up team cohesion. Or, if I go through a particularly rough spell, maybe a session or two focusing on offense/defense. But by and large I mostly leave it like that the whole time.

Cool ok will give it a try . I'm making an Guernsey amateur league right now 

46 minutes ago, alian62 said:

Cool ok will give it a try . I'm making an Guernsey amateur league right now 

The other thing I do that seems to really help:

Normally during the season you will have training on Tuesday/Thursday and a match on Saturday. You can get yourself an extra practice each week by scheduling friendlies on Wednesdays. I schedule one any time I have an open Wednesday, and I use them to play anyone on my roster who isn't fully match-fit. If you're match-fit, you don't play in the friendly.  If you run a lean squad, don't play your regulars. Fill it out with youth players or a few trialists.

Doing this continues to build tactical familiarity AND it keeps everyone match fit, so they play their best. It's a big advantage to go into non-league games with a squad that is more match ready than the opponent.

33 minutes ago, steve.battisti said:

The other thing I do that seems to really help:

Normally during the season you will have training on Tuesday/Thursday and a match on Saturday. You can get yourself an extra practice each week by scheduling friendlies on Wednesdays. I schedule one any time I have an open Wednesday, and I use them to play anyone on my roster who isn't fully match-fit. If you're match-fit, you don't play in the friendly.  If you run a lean squad, don't play your regulars. Fill it out with youth players or a few trialists.

Doing this continues to build tactical familiarity AND it keeps everyone match fit, so they play their best. It's a big advantage to go into non-league games with a squad that is more match ready than the opponent.

Yeah I use friendlies alot . Makes money for you too if you play against a good team at home

8 hours ago, vcpinheiro14 said:

What happens if I send a scout to a league that's not loaded in the game? To make it clear my game is only loaded with Brazilian leagues, if I send a scout to Argentina will it find players there?

Yes, he/she will.

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc said:

Does having extra physios reduce injuries?

Some types, like muscle injuries and strains, but not impact injuries.

2 hours ago, coopie54 said:

Is there a way to correct the names of German managers, eg Thomas Tuchel?

It's not allowed to discuss circumventing licencing on the forum, sorry. Perhaps google can help you.

7 hours ago, whatsupdoc said:

Are the partnership links in tactics screen just visual representations of players who score well together, or do they actually impact performance? 

My understanding is that they impact performance. Also, there is some peculiar wording to consider - when you have a dashed line link, you’ll often get a warning that they don’t play well together or something. It’s not worded well. In general, I’m pretty sure that solid lines play best together, dashed lines next best, and no lines play worst together. 

1 hour ago, steve.battisti said:

My understanding is that they impact performance. Also, there is some peculiar wording to consider - when you have a dashed line link, you’ll often get a warning that they don’t play well together or something. It’s not worded well. In general, I’m pretty sure that solid lines play best together, dashed lines next best, and no lines play worst together. 

Oh. I interpret the dashed lines as the play badly together. It's usually the CD partnership in my save, so I try to avoid pairing 2 DCs when they get that.

4 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Oh. I interpret the dashed lines as the play badly together. It's usually the CD partnership in my save, so I try to avoid pairing 2 DCs when they get that.

Interesting. I got my interpretation from a number of different randos on the Internet, so definitely take it with a grain of salt! I wonder what the official word on that is, or if there is a way to change it...

17 hours ago, steve.battisti said:

16 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

12 hours ago, steve.battisti said:

Interesting. I got my interpretation from a number of different randos on the Internet, so definitely take it with a grain of salt! I wonder what the official word on that is, or if there is a way to change it...

The lines go from nothing to dashed lines and then to more solid lines of different colours. My interpretation of the dashed lines is that the two players are just starting to develop a relationship and are, therefore, a good thing.

13 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

The lines go from nothing to dashed lines and then to more solid lines of different colours. My interpretation of the dashed lines is that the two players are just starting to develop a relationship and are, therefore, a good thing.

Very confusing! As Steve says, the blurb says they don't play well together!

10 hours ago, arsenal3459 said:

on the set pieces screen for defending corners, where is the "close down corner" option?

can't find it in fm24.

screenshots of the instruction from fm23:

1089605dfbb4e367d6dcbb7cae8d95d7.png.3c16ba2f461065b736aa2b9a6e79a265.png

69d5598c04aec257842d484874fbb7e0.thumb.png.47df18fc9708b699110da1d4adfe26b9.png

There isn't. If AI will have an option for short pass, one of your players will follow to mark it.

Is there a way I can check what percentage of minutes my ESC players have played?

I got a report at around the halfway point/end of Dec where they were both slightly below the level needed. Now with 12 games to go I want to make sure they are above the level needed, or whether I need to increase their minutes.

59 minutes ago, BodkinVanHorn said:

Is there a way I can check what percentage of minutes my ESC players have played?

I got a report at around the halfway point/end of Dec where they were both slightly below the level needed. Now with 12 games to go I want to make sure they are above the level needed, or whether I need to increase their minutes.

image.thumb.png.2981739ed45d22646ca391b0d3b66091.png

I knew I could see how many minutes they play. I thought there was something I was missing where I could see that percentage (I think they need to be above 65% to be eligible for ESC status a second time around).

So it's just their minutes divided by (number of games * 90). Does injury time count? 

• SI Staff
On 14/12/2023 at 16:34, whatsupdoc said:

Hmmmm it'd be nice to get a reply from a dev. 

@Jack Joyce are you able to confirm whether the dashed orange partnership lines:

(A) impact performance and aren't just visual; and 

(B) that dashed orange lines are worse than no lines at all, rather than a step in the way to a green link. 

The partnership lines are reflective of the player's  past performances when used together, and don't impact performance directly.

So a good link just means that the two players tend to perform well when used in a partnership (get good ratings).