[FM21][SKIN] Football Manager 2021 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi can anyone explain how i can change the font colour please ive read the instructions and cant see which bit i need to change etc as you can see when i have backgrounds on its hard to see with the white font. If someone could try and explain in easy terms then i would be most grateful for it 

white 2.jpg

white.jpg

20 hours ago, halil85 said:

@michaeltmurrayukHow can we change this font color (White fonts)?

463071206_EkranAlnts.thumb.PNG.40b7b1360058d1c3da4cb43fc4a5ef5d.PNG2002289598_EkranAlnts.thumb.PNG.a1c675e23333f8b2126dd2e35f798083.PNG

Not sure what you want from the first screenshot?

For the second one if you mean the training/fixture detail text then if they haven't changed those bits are controlled by the various xml files starting with the name training schedule session calendar... found in the panels\widgets folder which you'll need to extract from the panels fmf file.

@united99 Follow the instructions on the first page about Enabling Background Changes as the best option is to adjust the transparency of the background overlay to make the text readable, otherwise you'll need to wait for a light skin as it's a massive amount of work to recolour the text.

@kingjericho Commentary size should normally be controlled by the match commentary xml file found in the panels\match folder extracted from the panels fmf file. (Though it's on my list of match related stuff to look at if not).

Interested in dipping my toes into some skinning this year, and as a starter project I want to expand the training news item functionality a little.

Essentially I want to include the 'Praise' or 'Criticize' button for the other players mentioned (always been a pet peeve of mine that only one player has the button! - lol).

Could someone point me to the file I need to look at and work on please?

training2.thumb.PNG.d4e6b2e8f7f81d3eed653ce8693e918f.PNG

Does someone know the kind of transparent colour of the boxes in the staff comparison screen? It seems they are transparent except the darker boxes with their role and contract details.

I would like to recolour the boxes in the player comparison screen the same way instead of the usual green and blue and already found the command to recolour them:

<!-- Player comparison colours -->

<colour name="comp person 1" value="bg green" />

<colour name="comp person 2" value="bg blue" />

but I am not able to find the right colour-command to recolour them the way I would like to. Maybe someone has an idea?

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 17.11.38.png

15 minutes ago, Fritzle_1893 said:

Does someone know the kind of transparent colour of the boxes in the staff comparison screen? It seems they are transparent except the darker boxes with their role and contract details.

I would like to recolour the boxes in the player comparison screen the same way instead of the usual green and blue and already found the command to recolour them:

<!-- Player comparison colours -->

<colour name="comp person 1" value="bg green" />

<colour name="comp person 2" value="bg blue" />

but I am not able to find the right colour-command to recolour them the way I would like to. Maybe someone has an idea?

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 17.11.38.png

The Staff and Player Screens use a different graphic, you just need to change the container class and that will change the graphic for you.

I take it you want the player screen to be transparent so it's like the staff screen.

So in the player comparison xml file found in the panels\player folder extracted from the panels fmf file.

Find the line that looks like this:

<!-- Person 1 -->
<container id="p1tp" class="main
_contrast_box" red_replacement="comp person 1">

And change it to read:

<!-- Person 1 -->
<container id="p1tp" class="
main_box" red_replacement="comp person 1">

And that will change the graphic so it recolours the same as the player screen, you then just need to make the same change for the Person 2 code found further down the file.

On 02/12/2020 at 16:29, Braumiller said:

Interested in dipping my toes into some skinning this year, and as a starter project I want to expand the training news item functionality a little.

Essentially I want to include the 'Praise' or 'Criticize' button for the other players mentioned (always been a pet peeve of mine that only one player has the button! - lol).

Could someone point me to the file I need to look at and work on please?

training2.thumb.PNG.d4e6b2e8f7f81d3eed653ce8693e918f.PNG

club training performers list widget xml file found in the panels\widgets folder extracted from the panels fmf file is the file you want, however due to the way the file is coded it doesn't look like you'd be able to do what you want.

9 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The Staff and Player Screens use a different graphic, you just need to change the container class and that will change the graphic for you.

I take it you want the player screen to be transparent so it's like the staff screen.

So in the player comparison xml file found in the panels\player folder extracted from the panels fmf file.

Find the line that looks like this:

<!-- Person 1 -->
<container id="p1tp" class="main
_contrast_box" red_replacement="comp person 1">

And change it to read:

<!-- Person 1 -->
<container id="p1tp" class="
main_box" red_replacement="comp person 1">

And that will change the graphic so it recolours the same as the player screen, you then just need to make the same change for the Person 2 code found further down the file.

Awesome, thank you :)

And I was so proud I found the command to recolour it the way I like... but it was still the wrong approach :D Nevertheless now I know how to colour it with any rgb-code as well for the future.

hi, i like to have the stadium picture visible while watching the game. I named the image file "match_background" and placed it in the texture folder. in this way I have the image of the stadium that interests me visible in the 2D game.
Is there a way to have the image of the stadium of the team playing at home automatically, without having to intervene manually every time?
sorry for the grammatical errors but I don't know English well

20201203_185335.jpg

On 01/12/2020 at 14:23, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Yeah noticed that afterwards, I'll have a look at the Touch Mode tomorrow.

Unfortunately not, you need to load up the game and reload the skin after each change to see what has happened.

Ah thats a shame, no bother! Many thanks for getting back :thup:

First, I'd like to thank everyone here for sharing their knowledge about the matter. It has helped a lot of people to enjoy their game a bit better. As for me, I had 0 skills when it came to skinning and thanks to this place I am able to mess around with a few things that I like in my game, so thanks!

I'm using the Base21Dark version and would like to have my titlebar (the main bar at the top)  with the same colour as my side bar, that I managed to config to change colours for every team I go/click in the game, including the one I manage. In other words, how can I stop it from being dark everywhere to be in the colour of the club or competition Im seeing?

Does the same logic count for the player profile screen and competitions? Here are a few examples of what Id like to modify.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

How to make this bar the colour of each club..PNG

competiton.PNG

How to make this bar the colour of each club 2.PNG

Edited by lugui

@michaeltmurrayuk Will you update Fm 2021 Base skin so we could have bigger player picture in player attributes panel?

Also, is it possible to have this drop down role and duty menu in the current position area in the player attributes panel ?

I don't know if I explained it well, but I hop you will figure it out :)

Thank you

image.png.7afaa2281e4d0e60bcea6993a8bedebe.png

Edited by marin_bar

On 25.11.2020 at 19:48, Alan Mc said:

Can you get a skin that shows the green circles for positioning and the names on it tried loading in some skins but not found one that shows green circles and names can not be bothered keeping having to go into the players on the new one its terrible and why has this been changed? 

This was last seasons and it was the same the year before but now its changed 

FM20 TACTICKS .png

?????????*

Il 4/12/2020 in 21:35 , marin_bar ha scritto:

@michaeltmurrayuk Will you update Fm 2021 Base skin so we could have bigger player picture in player attributes panel?

place this under skin name/panels/player and you'll have bigger faces :) 

btw I don't know if it's on purpose, but on Team of the week grey names of player's team are a bit unrecognizable.

spacer.png

Edited by LolloViola

13 horas atrás, LolloViola disse:

place this under skin name/panels/player and you'll have bigger faces :) 

btw I don't know if it's on purpose, but on Team of the week grey names of player's team are a bit unrecognizable.

spacer.png

Here and in the national team also. It's hard to read. I already search in the settings file but didn't manage to find were to edit this colours in both places
spacer.png

Nuno Mendes e Quaresma are my players in the National Team an it's hard to see that. The highlight colour in to similar to white

On 24/11/2020 at 20:18, wkdsoul said:

The file is here fm-widgets\graphics\backgrounds\club colours to extract via the RA

just increase the saturation of the red. 

I wonder if you can help me, I'm wanting to remove the club colours behind badge while maintaining a transparent background but I'm having difficulty locating 'fm-widgets'.

Edited by priority76

1 hour ago, priority76 said:

I wonder if you can help me, I'm wanting to remove the club colours behind badge while maintaining a transparent background but I'm having difficulty locating 'fm-widgets'.

it’s in sitoolkit.fmf. you’ll need to extract that, then in skins you’ll find the fm-widgets folder 

On 24/11/2020 at 14:44, michaeltmurrayuk said:

How To Edit The Fonts

The font settings are now controlled by the various files located inside the fonts folder. For the base skins I have included all the default font files to save you having to go look for them. To edit the fonts its just a case of changing the various variables declared in the fontxml files, whilst to change the actual font you copy the font you want to use to the font folder and then update the font names in the fontxml files to match your new font.

Like with FM20 FM21 also uses the fontxml file format, however the format of the files is the same and you can open them with the same program you use to read normal xml files, you'll just need to right click on the first file and select the open with option in Windows first to associate the files with the program you wish to use. NOTE: The game will not read them if you change them back to plain xml files.

Hi Michael! 

I have been editing the TEXT xml file, to read "calibri" and "calibrib" instead of the GT America font. I pasted the font files into the font folder.  Whenever I reload the game, I got a crash.

Basically, any changes in the fonts are giving me a crash. Would have any idea about what could be causing this?

Thank you very much!

@michaeltmurrayukGood night, I have a question: at FM 20, I had your "FM20 Match Screen Mods" available on your website, where I could place the panels I wanted, see the kits and shields, decrease or increase the kits and the like. From that year, I noticed that on your website you no longer have that option. Can version 21 no longer use the game panels?

8 hours ago, edukgama said:

@michaeltmurrayukGood night, I have a question: at FM 20, I had your "FM20 Match Screen Mods" available on your website, where I could place the panels I wanted, see the kits and shields, decrease or increase the kits and the like. From that year, I noticed that on your website you no longer have that option. Can version 21 no longer use the game panels?

No. This year's panels work differently, they're still a work in progress.

14 hours ago, edukgama said:

the match screens have been overhauled. they’ll need to be recreated 

19 hours ago, jeff.fit82 said:

Will some white skin be released til the FM22?
Will this skin bug be fixed soon??

Im feeling excluded, as i have a problem in my eyes, and can only play with white background and dark text...

19 hours ago, Stevenleharve said:

@michaeltmurrayuk

Not trying to rush you, just wondering if there's any ETA on the Light Skin?

it’ll be ready when it’s ready. Mike hasn’t been online since December 3rd, so no it’s not ready. Trust me, pressure like this is the last thing you want when you’re working on something, be patient. 

5 hours ago, jeff.fit82 said:

HAHAHA its deepest than we think bro....

thats why SI released the game without it!
since ages, its the first time...

This 21' version is filled with problems...

or they just didn’t see the value in it considering a minute amount of the player base used it?

37 minutes ago, bluestillidie00 said:

or they just didn’t see the value in it considering a minute amount of the player base used it?

The complete and to me (wrongly) changes in the UI, the WHITE skin isnt an extra thing, or just a cherry on top of the cake...

The white skin is HELPFUL, because some people (my case) cant play with dark/black backgrounds due to eye problems
the white background contrast is what makes me feel confortable reading and playing, isnt a cherry, is an acessibility thing...

Thanks for the skin. Used Dark21 FM20-like. Changed the Cyan and Yellow into Irish flag RGB (Green and Orange) Works like a charm and looks great as well. 

Keep it up! <3 

Ps. Think the purple is Si Games worst choice ever. Purple doesn't make me think about football. 

Edit: Scouting - Players - and then pressing the button to filter players it still purple. 

Edited by RinusFM

1 hora atrás, bluestillidie00 disse:

you’ve made your point in multiple threads, please move on now. 

Yeah, multiple people think like that...

The fact that the SI couldn't even make a white skin (and why?) makes me really upset

I've paid for that!

That's an awful behaviour