( Poll ) Favorite FM game

( Poll ) Favorite FM game  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite FM Game over all

2. 2. Best 3D graphic display on matchday , Textures , Colours , Players , Grass etc etc

3. 3. Best match engine

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/09/20 at 04:00

5 hours ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Thanks prot651, always very interesting

Current games always tend to rate well until a new release comes along as last year plus the recent and new game are only a year apart and closely resemble each other but the latter has better and more refined features .FM19 was a strong leader last year but not going so well this year but FM20 is . Still surprising though they are rating the match engine high for FM20 since i see a lot of complaints on this forum with the free kicks and one on ones ? FM17 always rates well for an older game so makes you wonder where they went a bit wrong .

• Administrators

Would have been interested to see what version someone had their 'favourite career' and how much that correlates with thoughts on the game.

Mine would be a toss up between FM05 (amazing Oxford -> Real Madrid save) or perhaps FM13 where I had a great save with Turkish club Genclerbirligi. 

I've had some really enjoyable saves in pretty much all versions, but those two stand out just because of the affinity I built with those teams in those saves. 

9 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Would have been interested to see what version someone had their 'favourite career' and how much that correlates with thoughts on the game.

Mine would be a toss up between FM05 (amazing Oxford -> Real Madrid save) or perhaps FM13 where I had a great save with Turkish club Genclerbirligi. 

I've had some really enjoyable saves in pretty much all versions, but those two stand out just because of the affinity I built with those teams in those saves. 

@Neil Brock   It's funny how admins and moderators can reply to positive feedback but when I have posted negative feedback regarding FM Touch not working I get no response , this is a shame as I've never ever had an issue with FM or SI before and normally love your games and normally have nothing but positivity about the game 

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, AdamFM95 said:

@Neil Brock   It's funny how admins and moderators can reply to positive feedback but when I have posted negative feedback regarding FM Touch not working I get no response , this is a shame as I've never ever had an issue with FM or SI before and normally love your games and normally have nothing but positivity about the game 

Would suggest raising any problem on the FM Touch 20 bugs forum or failing that contact Support here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Would suggest raising any problem on the FM Touch 20 bugs forum or failing that contact Support here - https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/requests/new

Thanks. 

Did both over a week ago and still no response , I have a ticket nukber, it's been assigned to someone 8 days ago called Vincent and they did not reply 

I have posted twice on the bugs forum , 8 days ago , tagged various mods and admins in , still no response 

Thanks 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, AdamFM95 said:

Did both over a week ago and still no response , I have a ticket nukber, it's been assigned to someone 8 days ago called Vincent and they did not reply 

I have posted twice on the bugs forum , 8 days ago , tagged various mods and admins in , still no response 

Thanks 

Thanks for letting me know, I'll chase up to find out what's going on with this. 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

Thanks for letting me know, I'll chase up to find out what's going on with this. 

Thank you , many on forum have complained about the issue since December , the game shouldn't be listed as compatible if it does not work , I bought as I thought it was compatible , wish I had looked at the reviews on here beforehand though as a lot have had same issues 

Hopefully I get a response soon or my money back , love the pc game and the mobile one  but disappointed in FM Touch this year 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, JordanBlackpoolFC said:

Has to be FM10 for me, Trying to keep blackpool in the premier league after selling my whole squad to sign an 18 year old Neymar. Ended up being my longest ever save game of 40+ years.

I've heard of a player carrying a team but a one-man team sounds ridiculous :brock: 

It's always going to be the current version of FM for me. I've enjoyed them all, but only ever really remember much of the current version.

Saves are different. Like Neil said, and FM can mean so much more to you because of the save you had going. I recall very memorable saves with Skarp, KFUM Oslo, Strindheim and FC Koper, but the years tend to fade together. I think Skarp was 2007 and Koper 2011, but I could be wrong. I'm really enjoying my save with Bangor and Swindon this year. I'm writing it up too, so that helps it live longer in the memory.

2 hours ago, eye-switcher said:

Really surprised that so many like the FM20 match engine

Amazing innit? :Bowen:

All the grumblers just assume that everyone hates FM20. Most of us just get on and play it. We appreciate the effort put in to FM20. :seagull:

On 21/08/2020 at 14:47, Neil Brock said:

It correlates a lot actually since nobody would enjoy a save on a poor edition of the game / ME, would they ?! :) It's not an enigma, not really.

35 minuti fa, Dagenham_Dave ha scritto:

Proof that you should never judge a game by the people who complain about it on the internet. 

Well, sorry. It proves nothing really.

FM20 counts 17 votes for best FM and 15 for best ME. Hardly a statistic even to discuss about.

But I agree never judge a game by the people who complain about it on the internet. Moreover, it works the other way around too, with games judged good.

And if we want to go deeper, we don't know how many voters owned past FM editions, so if a user has collected FM19 and FM20 only, he will likely vote for FM20, but another one who owns the entire FM collection probably has a different background and will vote for FM12 or FM07 or FM15.

This poll is fun but far from being an indicator of how a product is good or not, so I'd personally avoid any kind of demagogy on it.

From my own memory, I'll have to go back to before it was called FM. CM03/04 is the one I remember best. With CM2 a close second, because it was the first one I played a lot back in 1995/96 (I think?). I still miss wibble/wobble as well.

Looking at my Steam stats FM2010 is my most played with around 1300 hours. I'm pretty sure my hours played on every version since then, have gone down proportionally with the amount of "player interaction" stuff added to the game. I really wish I could just turn that stuff off. I just wanna scout talent, develop talent, setup my tactics, and play the game. I absolutely hate player interactions in the game. And it's the major factor in why I've played less than 100 hours combined in the last 3 versions of the game. 

If I could tick/untick some features and end up with a game somewhere in between Touch and the Full Game experience I'd probably be back to 700+ hours every version. Which would probably not be good for real life, so please don't do that. :lol:

That said, polls are fun. But considering the game is peaking at 70-180,000 players every month on Steam, a poll with less than 80 votes is kind of useless, and I'm sure (or at least hope) SI won't make any decisions based on it.

Add to the the fact that there is an overwhelming majority of negative people posting on the Internet and it's even more useless. The positive people are all to busy enjoying the game to care about posting feedback, sadly.

I'm very confident FM2021 will have around 200,000 peak players on release (maybe a lot more depending on the situation in the world - Looking at the insane spike in players around March this year).

11 minutes ago, Ohanzee said:

From my own memory, I'll have to go back to before it was called FM. CM03/04 is the one I remember best. With CM2 a close second, because it was the first one I played a lot back in 1995/96 (I think?). I still miss wibble/wobble as well.

Looking at my Steam stats FM2010 is my most played with around 1300 hours. I'm pretty sure my hours played on every version since then, have gone down proportionally with the amount of "player interaction" stuff added to the game. I really wish I could just turn that stuff off. I just wanna scout talent, develop talent, setup my tactics, and play the game. I absolutely hate player interactions in the game. And it's the major factor in why I've played less than 100 hours combined in the last 3 versions of the game. 

If I could tick/untick some features and end up with a game somewhere in between Touch and the Full Game experience I'd probably be back to 700+ hours every version. Which would probably not be good for real life, so please don't do that. :lol:

That said, polls are fun. But considering the game is peaking at 70-180,000 players every month on Steam, a poll with less than 80 votes is kind of useless, and I'm sure (or at least hope) SI won't make any decisions based on it.

Add to the the fact that there is an overwhelming majority of negative people posting on the Internet and it's even more useless. The positive people are all to busy enjoying the game to care about posting feedback, sadly.

I'm very confident FM2021 will have around 200,000 peak players on release (maybe a lot more depending on the situation in the world - Looking at the insane spike in players around March this year).

Polls are just for fun as you said , but its a good snap shot of people who play the game . 

Had a couple of months for some extensive testing and now have to agree that FM 17 just is the best.

Just played a match with 17 and it was just incredible and i literally jumped out of my chair multiple times because i was so involved in this match. The reason is simple: FM 17 just feels like watching a real football match in which i see what i told my players to do. Everything i do is reflected in the ME. Attributes are actually meaningful. In contrast 19 and 20 feel really random, it doesnt matter what im doing because in the end the match will be decided by some set piece or long shots anyway, so whats the point? And way too often goals come from headers from small players with heading 8 or something and so on.

Any by the way its just not true that 17 is just for people who like some attacking style. Im playing a defensive tactic and i am currently 2nd in the league with 24 goals scored and 9 conceded after 18 games, my team works great and plays exactly how i told them to play, defensive shape looks great.

Anyway i dont want to moan about 19 or 20, i just want to thank Si Games for FM 17 because 3 years later im still having so much fun with it!

Edited by Defensive

11 hours ago, Defensive said:

Had a couple of months for some extensive testing and now have to agree that FM 17 just is the best.

Just played a match with 17 and it was just incredible and i literally jumped out of my chair multiple times because i was so involved in this match. The reason is simple: FM 17 just feels like watching a real football match in which i see what i told my players to do. Everything i do is reflected in the ME. Attributes are actually meaningful. In contrast 19 and 20 feel really random, it doesnt matter what im doing because in the end the match will be decided by some set piece or long shots anyway, so whats the point? And way too often goals come from headers from small players with heading 8 or something and so on.

Any by the way its just not true that 17 is just for people who like some attacking style. Im playing a defensive tactic and i am currently 2nd in the league with 24 goals scored and 9 conceded after 18 games, my team works great and plays exactly how i told them to play, defensive shape looks great.

Anyway i dont want to moan about 19 or 20, i just want to thank Si Games for FM 17 because 3 years later im still having so much fun with it!

I'm not just saying this to argue a case, but I genuinely do feel the way you feel about FM17 with FM20. I often wonder what neighbours think of me because I'll be constantly shouting at the screen, swearing when I get a poor ref decision and going nuts if we score. I find myself turning to an imaginary 4th official to complain that a player didn;t get a yellow, when I am convicned my players get booked for nothing.

For years I have been wanting FM to have some mechanic by which your players get feedback based on your mood watching the game. Whether that is possible or years off, I dunno.

As for the play, well I do feel that FM20 reflects current football. I will find myself watching a match on telly and thinking that the wing play matches what my team produces. I forget which match it was I watched the other day, but the build up play of one team matched what I see my current Swindon team doing. The passing the ball about in the middle of the field looking for an opening down the wing. The only part that bothers me often is the corssing. I've said this elsewhere, but I get incredibly frustrated by the number of times players have a great crossing opportunity only to take another step and play the ball against the defender.

I don't remember FM17. According to Steam I only played 164 hours. I don't think that was because of the game - just my interest in the franchise at the time. I took a break for FM18.

That furthers my trend of playing the current version of FM, and that alone. I've never gone back and played a past version of FM. I just love the game, whatever the year. Very few games gives as much value for money.

I will definitely echo this comment:

We all love the series, whether it's 17, 20 or even CM98 that we love to play. We should all thank SI for providing the game.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb anagain:

I'm not just saying this to argue a case, but I genuinely do feel the way you feel about FM17 with FM20. I often wonder what neighbours think of me because I'll be constantly shouting at the screen, swearing when I get a poor ref decision and going nuts if we score. I find myself turning to an imaginary 4th official to complain that a player didn;t get a yellow, when I am convicned my players get booked for nothing.

For years I have been wanting FM to have some mechanic by which your players get feedback based on your mood watching the game. Whether that is possible or years off, I dunno.

As for the play, well I do feel that FM20 reflects current football. I will find myself watching a match on telly and thinking that the wing play matches what my team produces. I forget which match it was I watched the other day, but the build up play of one team matched what I see my current Swindon team doing. The passing the ball about in the middle of the field looking for an opening down the wing. The only part that bothers me often is the corssing. I've said this elsewhere, but I get incredibly frustrated by the number of times players have a great crossing opportunity only to take another step and play the ball against the defender.

I don't remember FM17. According to Steam I only played 164 hours. I don't think that was because of the game - just my interest in the franchise at the time. I took a break for FM18.

That furthers my trend of playing the current version of FM, and that alone. I've never gone back and played a past version of FM. I just love the game, whatever the year. Very few games gives as much value for money.

I will definitely echo this comment:

We all love the series, whether it's 17, 20 or even CM98 that we love to play. We should all thank SI for providing the game.

Dont know if this is off-topic, but doesnt this

Zitat

In contrast 19 and 20 feel really random, it doesnt matter what im doing because in the end the match will be decided by some set piece or long shots anyway, so whats the point? And way too often goals come from headers from small players with heading 8 or something and so on.

bother you at all? Or is that not your experience with 20? Because i would really love to like 20 but i just dont see the point in doing all the micro management.

Edited by Defensive

4 hours ago, Defensive said:

Dont know if this is off-topic, but doesnt this

bother you at all? Or is that not your experience with 20? Because i would really love to like 20 but i just dont see the point in doing all the micro management.

I've really not noticed that to be the case. I see a nice variety of goals.

I do play all my games on the highlights level below full match (extended?), so maybe I see a variety of play that others don't see.

Sometimes people convince themselves of a fact rather than it being strictly the case. We've all done it. It is human nature in many ways.

Of course, if you really feel something is the case then you need to report it with examples. A feeling doesn't help SI improve things. They eneds examples, game saves, match files. Feedback is fine as long as it is constructive. Not saying you haven't, but for many I believe this is the case.

I will say that if you are not willing to micro manage, and delve in to all aspects of the game, can you really complain that the game comes across as random? Perhaps it is you not diving in to change things that casues it to be stale.

Edited by anagain

Am 31.8.2020 um 21:07 schrieb anagain:

I will say that if you are not willing to micro manage, and delve in to all aspects of the game, can you really complain that the game comes across as random?

Please read again. I love micro management, thats exactly the reason why i play FM and thats exactly the reason why i dont like FM 20 at all.

Guys, hello! I have not played for several months: FM17 - everything is ok, but I really don't like it when Neymar or Ronaldinho don't show dribbling on the field. According to statistics, there is dribbling, but I don't see it on the field! In FM20, dribbling on the field is visualized, but the game was skewed to the flanks. It is surprising that people like FM18-20, because in these versions the movement through the center is killed !!! In FM16, crosses are killed .. Everything is too unrealistic.

19 minutes ago, laurentius82 said:

All aspects of the game improve every year, so the most recent one is always the best. Far from perfect, but improving gradually. Apart from nostalgic reasons, preferring earlier iterations makes little sense to me...

You would think it would get better but the polls tell a different story though . FM17 seems to be the players choice 

1 hour ago, laurentius82 said:

All aspects of the game improve every year, so the most recent one is always the best. Far from perfect, but improving gradually. Apart from nostalgic reasons, preferring earlier iterations makes little sense to me...

In the last three versions of the games, the central midfielders are mainly needed to pass the ball to the flanks. I can't play it :)

Edited by Jorgen_B

23 ore fa, Travis Bickle ha scritto:

Funny, I'm not the only one who has fond memories of FM12/FM17.

Well the be honest it's since FM13 that people has fond memories of FM12, I don't find it SO surprising :)

The funny thing for me is understand why that is happens, probably because it was so easy to win (FM20 is light years away in terms of difficulty) that everybody was happy.

• 10 months later...
On 09/09/2020 at 12:54, laurentius82 said:

On 09/09/2020 at 13:16, alian62 said:

You would think it would get better but the polls tell a different story though . FM17 seems to be the players choice 

Anyone feel like the FM Forums are similar to real life when the government (mods in this case) are really trying to sell the latest implementation of something which annoy people but they really try to convince everyone that this new version of something is better for everyone it's evryone else's problem for not going with the flow.

My first edition of FM was 08 i never played the old Cham Managers i had a PS2 so was an LMA boy but i remember getting it and being absolutely blown away by the depth of it, i was addicted from day 1, then every year there would be slight changes and after a few days bedding in period and re adjusting your eyes i always got on board and accepted that the latest version was the better version, it was genuine progression.

It wasn't until 14 or 15 that i even knew about graphics packs which just took it to a whole new level, and FM17 was the absolute apex for me

Then FM18 dropped and i was completely hit for six, it was a completely different game to me and while i acknowledged all the new features and thought they could be cool, once i got to the match day i thought i was being trolled, is this for real? i thought, where the hell is the 2D?

I went on the forums and thought the mods were really quite arrogant about the hoards of complaints at the time, it was  kind of, oh well this is the direction we are going in now if you don't like it then tough.

So i tried to get a steam refund but was like an hour over the minimum playing time so they wouldn't give me one, that was it for me then i stuck with 17 and continued to do so every year until Jan this year.

I would have probably carried on but the problem was i was modifying the database so much to update the transfers that players like Lukaku for example would would transfer from Everton to Inter completely skipping Man Utd and Pochettino would never have been Spurs manager it was getting ridiculous.

So i bit the Bullet and bought 21 and i have to say the 2D and match engine has gone up again since the 18 disgrace and i am somewhat enjoying it, but it does feel like i am forcing myself to like it and in back of my head i know it's not as good as 17 still, i haven't even gone 2 seasons into a save yet and i haven't even won anything  because i get bored and quit half way through a season

I reloaded 17 again yesterday just to see if it was just me and the match was so silky smooth just an absolute pleasure to watch

So i think while 21 is a step back in the right direction, i think far to much time is being wasted on all the features when the only thing that should matter is the only thing that has ever matter, the match day experience, i couldn't give a toss who is the most popular player in the dressing room when the games are unwatchable.

There is  a reason CM 00/01 and the like still have such a cult following, it's the simplicity and using your imagination when watching text/2d make their moves, the 3D is Crap it will never look like Fifa and even if it did it would still lose a lot of it's charm so i don't know why they persist with it, they are playing to the masses and the younger generation but this game was always a thinking mans game and they are being alienated 

But money talks i suppose 

Does that Mean Fast and the Furious is a better film than Blade Runner

16 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

No idea why this thread has been bumped after 10 months, but moderators absolutely do not care what you play or if you even buy FM. 

If they don't care then why do they always jump in and get involved when people are discussing why the newer versions are crap

1 minute ago, Bilbaoboy said:

Would you get displaced for saying something negative about the game i wonder

Nope, we can say whatever we like, and we do, We get to have more direct feedback than most, and we certainly don't do it to blow smoke at them if we don't like a particular thing or think there's an issue

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

They don't, and the public opinion also isn't uniform. Please don't make things up

On the Contrary, i have just spent the morning going around  a dozen different sites and blogs on google, which is actually what led me to this year old post. And i can assure you that the general consensus is overwhelmingly in favour of FM17 and FM13 with the post 17 versions all considered to have taken a hell of a dive

Just now, Bilbaoboy said:

On the Contrary, i have just spent the morning going around  a dozen different sites and blogs on google, which is actually what led me to this year old post. And i can assure you that the general consensus is overwhelmingly in favour of FM17 and FM13 with the post 17 versions all considered to have taken a hell of a dive

And the opinion on here is split. Interesting you say FM13, because that's certainly not here, if anything fm12 is the most popular after FM21/FM17. But each to their own, if people are enjoying different version good on them

1 minute ago, Bilbaoboy said:

Would you get displaced for saying something negative about the game i wonder

No we don't. We don't have any "company line" or anything else to follow. The only thing we do is to make sure everyone follows the house rules. Several mods have said what they do and don't like about several parts of the game, myself included. SI are very attentive to feedback, both positive and negative, as long as it's constructive and not abusive. I've said I don't like the press conferences currently, for example, but I've also made some suggestions to how I think it would be improved. No clue if any of my suggestions will make it in the game at any point, but I've at least made my view clear.

Why would we be silent if we have feedback? We are not paid for this, and simply do it on a voluntary basis because we like the game. We have ever self interest in making sure to let SI know what we think.

22 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

And the opinion on here is split. Interesting you say FM13, because that's certainly not here, if anything fm12 is the most popular after FM21/FM17. But each to their own, if people are enjoying different version good on them

Yeah i don't know why 13 slipped in either but regardless 17 is the one that comes out on top all over the place if you search for it.

My Guess also is that people posting on the SI forums are all playing the latest version and are still invested so it's going to be a little biased 

But if you go on other independent forums a lot of people either still play the old ones or have dropped out completely because the newer ones are so off putting

Edited by Bilbaoboy

2 minutes ago, Bilbaoboy said:

Yeah i don't know why 13 slipped in either but regardless 17 is the one that comes out on top all over the place if you search for it.

My Guess also is that people posting on the SI forums are all playing the latest version and are still invested so it's going to be a little biased 

But if you go on other independent forums a lot of people either still play the old ones or have dropped out completely because the newer ones are so off putting

If they are still invested then it means they like it, so it's as valid as any other site tbh. Not everyone here plays the newest version

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

If they are still invested then it means they like it, so it's as valid as any other site tbh. Not everyone here plays the newest version

Yes but most of that is just down to needing the latest version because of player updates and everything 

I think people think we like to moan at anything but the sentiment is that 17 had so much going for it that it was close to perfection, and the creators have chopped away all of the best parts in favour if all the new unnecessary things

Like i said earlier the little changes every year are great and i am all for progression, but they have destroyed the lynchpin that holds it all together in the process 

8 minutes ago, themadsheep2001 said:

People still buy Fifa every year and complain about it, but they have to have it because it's new

But eventually they will stop buying and you will have also lost the older school as well

3 minutes ago, Bilbaoboy said:

People still buy Fifa every year and complain about it, but they have to have it because it's new

But eventually they will stop buying and you will have also lost the older school as well

I mean, the numbers don't suggest this at all tbh. Glad you're enjoying FM17 though