[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

Unfortunately for me Touch has no beta and has been postponed till December 1. So still time to think about who to play, but I think I narrowed it between Reggina, Cosenza and Lecce. Fancy starting in Serie B and creating a proper competitive side in the South...

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever seen this before? I have a player that gained Italian citizenship after living in Italy while playing for my club for several years, but it still does not show him as eligible for the Italian national team. How is that possible? Is it a bug, or am I missing something?

image.thumb.png.01e757b3b8407ea3aef50e16cf1e2ae0.png

On 16/11/2020 at 01:39, Weston said:

Has anyone ever seen this before? I have a player that gained Italian citizenship after living in Italy while playing for my club for several years, but it still does not show him as eligible for the Italian national team. How is that possible? Is it a bug, or am I missing something?

Pretty sure in previous editions he had to declare himself available for playing in the nation, and it would also appear in the Nations Eligible for like "Italy (Declared)". So I guess not really a bug but more of a weird situation. Not sure if that is changed in recent versions of FM or something  happened under the hood, but in previous versions they were only two solutions: (i) either he becomes himself interested in playing for Italy or (ii) you can fix that with the editor. 

14 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Pretty sure in previous editions he had to declare himself available for playing in the nation, and it would also appear in the Nations Eligible for like "Italy (Declared)". So I guess not really a bug but more of a weird situation. Not sure if that is changed in recent versions of FM or something  happened under the hood, but in previous versions they were only two solutions: (i) either he becomes himself interested in playing for Italy or (ii) you can fix that with the editor. 

But I don't see how, if he hasn't declared for one of the three, he wouldn't be eligible for all three. I guess there's no point in raising it as a bug now that the new game is out, though...

3 hours ago, GylfiAsCharged said:

Inspired by this video I think I'm going to try using Sassuolo in a beta save this evening. Has anybody been using them?

I remember an old Sassuolo save very fondly, started the year they had Sansone-Zaza-Berardi up top. As a Juventino who loves Berardi I really wanted him to go to Juve in real life but not in my game. Well, he was injured the entire first season and then left for Juve, so I never got to play with him or watch him at my club IRL! But later on Zaza scored his 30th goal in the final match and we qualified for the CL by +1 GD, and then he joined Juve IRL instead.

В 11.11.2020 в 13:01, Vladis сказал:

So finaly ended my Roma save in fm20. Very enjoyable 7 seasons in terms of squad development. I couldn't say that overachieved with this team but results are decent enough: 3 scudetto, 3 national cups and CL final.  

u3IoBox.png

Proud of the number of home-grown players in the first teamn squad. At the end of 7th season there were 8 HG in the squad: Lorenzo Pellegrini (C), Luca Pellegrini, Alessio Riccardi, Luca Corelli (regen), Filippo Diti Aufiero (regen), Pantaleo Maggio (regen), Franco Menochio (regen), Andrea Foresti (regen).

14 players were called up for WC 2026 and 6 of them for Italy.

lCbimtB.png

There are a lot of world class players in our squad but i want to share these guys who our our hom-grownes, who are model citizens and real team leaders:

Luca Corelli 

hTPxAb3.png

Alessio Riccardi

4dHMaVs.png

Despite i've already bought fm21 and like some improvements, especially in ME, but i'm in love with this fm20 save and this great team i have. So really thinking now about continiuing my Roma career :rolleyes: 

Guys, could you tell me that the new fm (and ME especially) is not such good and i could stay with fm20? :D 

1 hour ago, Vladis said:

Despite i've already bought fm21 and like some improvements, especially in ME, but i'm in love with this fm20 save and this great team i have. So really thinking now about continiuing my Roma career :rolleyes: 

Guys, could you tell me that the new fm (and ME especially) is not such good and i could stay with fm20? :D 

I'm in the same position. I've never continued a save for this long but the pandemic has given me more time, so now I'm in too deep to let go. I've never won the CL before and I think this is my chance - we've come so far from bankrupt Serie D champions...

1 минуту назад, Weston сказал:

I'm in the same position. I've never continued a save for this long but the pandemic has given me more time, so now I'm in too deep to let go. I've never won the CL before and I think this is my chance - we've come so far from bankrupt Serie D champions...

Oh, i know that feeling about CL. Playing from CM07 (or 08) i have firstly won this Grail only in FM18. Interesting that in those 18 edition i have won it two times (with Arsenal and Liverpool), and since that time i couldn't repeat this success. Semi-final with Milan in FM19 and final with my Roma in FM20...

4 hours ago, Vladis said:

Oh, i know that feeling about CL. Playing from CM07 (or 08) i have firstly won this Grail only in FM18. Interesting that in those 18 edition i have won it two times (with Arsenal and Liverpool), and since that time i couldn't repeat this success. Semi-final with Milan in FM19 and final with my Roma in FM20...

My best two results are final losses, Milan v Monaco in FM18 and Bari v PSG in this FM20 save. I always start in Serie C or Serie D so it takes some time before I'm strong enough to challenge for the CL, and then I usually stop playing around the time I get that far along anyway.

I still don't really understand why we need a new thread each year, can't we just take the FM20 out of the title and have this be the calcio save thread? I know some of us are still on FM20, for example. I'm interested in seeing stories of Italian saves regardless of the edition.

3 hours ago, Weston said:

I still don't really understand why we need a new thread each year, can't we just take the FM20 out of the title and have this be the calcio save thread? I know some of us are still on FM20, for example. I'm interested in seeing stories of Italian saves regardless of the edition.

I think you're right, is better stiking to this topic, we are already used to it. I'm just waiting the full game to roll out to start my usual Roma save.

Makes sense to me as well to keep this thread rolling and take FM20 out of the title.

I've been awol for a few editions... went back to FM17 for a great Palermo save because I couldn't get much into the recent games. 21 looks great so far though and I'm doing a bit of research and narrowing things down before I start a long Calcio save. Final contenders seem to be Hellas Verona or Vicenza.

I want to play a Gasperini inspired Atalanta tactic that I polished during an FM18 experiment. It completely relies on the wide CBs having "Bring ball out of defense" or there's no point and the tactic is boring and ends up with 3 CBs just sitting on the midfield line monitoring usually a lone striker.

Relying on that trait though ends up being a bit constricting because rather few defenders have it so I need to bring those guys in or train it up quickly.

Anyone here managed Verona or Vicenza?

Really looking forward to managing in Italy on fm21. Want to play a traditional Catenaccio style as it’s something I’ve always avoided in previous games because it’s quite defensive. I want to try and stick to the main principles but still be able to create goals. Anyone got any suggestions for who to manage? Preferably a mid to low table serie a club or if there’s an interesting project in serie b?

I’ve started FM21 in Serie C with Palermo. Always enjoyed Italian leagues more than any of the other top European leagues outside of England and again enjoying it so far! 

Ended up finishing 6th in the league but our fantastic end of season form meant we won the six(!!) playoff rounds only conceding two goals! Now currently sitting in the top six of Serie B after 13 games.

Looking forward to seeing what others get up to in Italy.

3 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

I’m still deciding my FM21 save. Hellas Verona or Catania for me. Just can’t decide 🤦‍♂️

Catania, so you can recreate this :lol:

On 20/11/2020 at 12:15, Weston said:

Forget throwing water bottles, where's the option to do this? 

In all honesty sometimes I feel bad that the manager I replace is just unceremoniously sacked for no reason to make way, but you can easily imagine this guy was let go for being insane haha

14 minutes ago, Weston said:

Catania, so you can recreate this :lol:

In all honesty sometimes I feel bad that the manager I replace is just unceremoniously sacked for no reason to make way, but you can easily imagine this guy was let go for being insane haha

😂😂

What was he thinking.

I had decided on Hellas Verona back in July for this version of FM. But Catania have been grabbing my attention more and more lately. I like the idea that Catania and Palermo are now in the same league. Big rivals and I think Palermo might have enough about them to make it back to Serie A in the game without my help. So if I took over Catania I’ve got that rivalry as we hopefully both move up the leagues

10 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

😂😂

What was he thinking.

I had decided on Hellas Verona back in July for this version of FM. But Catania have been grabbing my attention more and more lately. I like the idea that Catania and Palermo are now in the same league. Big rivals and I think Palermo might have enough about them to make it back to Serie A in the game without my help. So if I took over Catania I’ve got that rivalry as we hopefully both move up the leagues

Yeah my Italian half is 0% Sicilian so I have no dog in that fight, but from a neutral standpoint it seems sad that not only does Serie A miss out on the Sicilian derby, but it misses out on any Sicilian representation whatsoever.

On 18/11/2020 at 10:39, GylfiAsCharged said:

Inspired by this video I think I'm going to try using Sassuolo in a beta save this evening. Has anybody been using them?

I’m starting a sassuolo save tomorrow! Due to this video 😍 I can’t wait to build my team around Locatelli

13 hours ago, conor4669 said:

I’m starting a sassuolo save tomorrow! Due to this video 😍 I can’t wait to build my team around Locatelli

Something I only discovered once I started is that Boga only has a year left on his contract, and on my beta save he didn't want to negotiate, so it might be worth trying to cash in and replace him in the first window unfortunately.

Thinking of starting a brand new save tonight now that the full game has been released and I think my first go in Italy will be with Roma. Fell in love with the city when I was there and I want to help them challenge at the top.

Just having a look through the Roma squad on Wiki and there are quite a few 30 something players, I know they are quite well know players, Fazio, Dzeko, Mkhitaryan, Smalling, Pedro etc but I really want to ship these players out and build a bright future for the club. Id imagine these players are on quite high wages too. Would this be frowned upon by any Roma fans on here or would you keep at least some of them? 

1 hour ago, GylfiAsCharged said:

Something I only discovered once I started is that Boga only has a year left on his contract, and on my beta save he didn't want to negotiate, so it might be worth trying to cash in and replace him in the first window unfortunately.

Man that sucks! I was lucky on mine, no one bid & he came to me and said he wanted a new contract!! I bit his hand off haha! I’m really struggling at the moment though I’m 14th after 8 games 

39 minutes ago, Mackem742 said:

Just having a look through the Roma squad on Wiki and there are quite a few 30 something players, I know they are quite well know players, Fazio, Dzeko, Mkhitaryan, Smalling, Pedro etc but I really want to ship these players out and build a bright future for the club. Id imagine these players are on quite high wages too. Would this be frowned upon by any Roma fans on here or would you keep at least some of them? 

Hi man, Roma is my "default" save every year :lol:

What I'm planning to do is to get rid of players like Fazio, Jesus, Bruno Peres and Santon in the very first season. Build my team around Pedro, Mikhi and Dzeko but already thinking in the future, I'll use players like Calafiori, Kumbula and Pellegrini. In the second season I'll try to sell Smalling and other old players and try to get the squad as young as possible.

10 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Hi man, Roma is my "default" save every year :lol:

What I'm planning to do is to get rid of players like Fazio, Jesus, Bruno Peres and Santon in the very first season. Build my team around Pedro, Mikhi and Dzeko but already thinking in the future, I'll use players like Calafiori, Kumbula and Pellegrini. In the second season I'll try to sell Smalling and other old players and try to get the squad as young as possible.

Yeah Ill be looking to get rid of anyone 30 or above. Im going to be looking at youth on this save, first priority is finding a striker to replace Dzeko :thup:

11 minutes ago, Mackem742 said:

Yeah Ill be looking to get rid of anyone 30 or above. Im going to be looking at youth on this save, first priority is finding a striker to replace Dzeko :thup:

Yes, Borja is a good replacement but he's not a Roma player and I don't think is worth buying him.

Calafiori and Bamba will be part of my squad, specially the first one.

What tactic are you planning to use?

40 minutes ago, LucasBR said:

Yes, Borja is a good replacement but he's not a Roma player and I don't think is worth buying him.

Calafiori and Bamba will be part of my squad, specially the first one.

What tactic are you planning to use?

Not sure yet, but I normally go with a 4-2-3-1. Ill have a look at the squad when I load the game up when I get home from work and see what Ive got to work with :thup:

On 22/11/2020 at 15:14, Weston said:

I totally get that, it's definitely not just you.

Hi everyone, I've started a save with AC Milan this year. I managed a long-term save with Man Utd on FM20, and hope to do the same in Italy this year. 

Looking to employ a classic Milan style 4-3-1-2. Kessie, Tonali and Bennacer providing a dynamic midfield engine, while Leao/Rebic offer a willing runner for Zlatan. 

I've immediately renewed Donnarumma's contract - another five years on the same wage he's currently on is a no-brainer. 

In terms of signings, the loan additions of Franco Vazquez and Roberto Gagliardini, and permanent signing Nicolo Rovella give me squad depth to a pretty shallow midfield, while Pietro Pellegri (loan, with optional £10mill future fee) is a potential long term Zlatan successor. I had moved for Papetti, but he rejected me for Arsenal. 

No major outgoings - Abanda, Kalulu, Capanni and Saelemaekers all move out on loan for the season. 

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 22.12.27.png

8 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

Are Juventus U23 allowed to play in the Italian Cup, they are in my save. And anybody know why catania are not playing in the Italian Cup, they did in real life

I’ve just seen Juventus U23 play Atalanta in the cup. They lost. But if they had won they would have played the senior Juve side in the quarter final 

On 06/11/2019 at 08:29, zlatanera said:

Welcome to the FM20 Italian football thread!

Since we're keeping this thread for the future could you revise the title to not include [FM20] so newcomers don't get confused?

• zlatanera changed the title to [FM20][FM21][FM22] Calcio
3 часа назад, zlatanera сказал:

@Weston Done. Threw in a new map of Serie A and a little bit of info on disbanded clubs in the lower levels too. Added [FM22] just in case :lol:

It's good decision to keep this thread instead of creating new :thup: Love to see real renaissance of italian football in last FM series.

Started my Roma save last night, only really had time to load the game up and make a couple of signings, brought in Arezo and Ugarte. Decided Im keeping Dzeko for now but trying to offload everyone else over 30. Brought in a couple of under 23's into the first team too.

On a totally different side note, I put a post on my instagram page about starting a Roma save and the one and only Benito Carbone liked it, at least I think its him, lots of selfies of him and various managers like Pep and Jose etc

Screenshot_20201124-161134_Instagram.jpg

So during the beta I failed miserably with Roma with their formation used irl.

Had a season with Inter and dominated the league, Lukaku and Martinez are pretty much cheating!

So now I turn to Roma again, this time with a formation I am more familiar with, 4231. Have signed Papetti. Sold Jesus, Fazio, Santon and hopefully Peres. Looking at bringing Bardhi in for depth in AM due to the injuries of mainly Zaniolo and Pastore. Hoping for a better save this time round.

I used to manage in Italy a lot but it has been a while since I have, I'm considering a youth focused save in the long term

Looking at Milan (Ibra, that midfield and returning to glory) or Atalanta/Roma (great academies)

3 hours ago, Mackem742 said:

Started my Roma save last night, only really had time to load the game up and make a couple of signings, brought in Arezo and Ugarte. Decided Im keeping Dzeko for now but trying to offload everyone else over 30. Brought in a couple of under 23's into the first team too.

On a totally different side note, I put a post on my instagram page about starting a Roma save and the one and only Benito Carbone liked it, at least I think its him, lots of selfies of him and various managers like Pep and Jose etc

Screenshot_20201124-161134_Instagram.jpg

Brilliant