[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Won the league 1st season with Fiorentina, using a mixture of custom and downloaded tactics...

Milan, Inter and Juventus sucked bad, with the latter even losing the Coppa Italia final against...Bologna!

The worst thing is my team did nothing special, the only players who performed outstandingly were probably Milenkovic, Amrabat and the goalkeeper. My top scorer was Cutrone with a mere 12 goals, and I didn't even consider him a starter.

This year's game is definitely way too easy, hope the next patch fixes this.

Edited by DarklinkCL
correction

28 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

Silvio has only gone and sold up :(

He was rumoured to want to jack it in at the end of this season, but an internal takeover or something happened and now the dream has died.

Use the editor and change him wanting to leave etc and then start the save again mate. Also you can add Mario Balotelli into the Monza squad.

Spent 52m this year so far, its hard graft trying to get anyone interested in signing for Monza!

Brian Oddei a youngster from Sassuolo, Ebere Eze 16m from Palace, Graziano Pelle the old boy comes home to Italy for 2.5m, Serge Aurier adds some class at 8.5m, whilst Michael Keane is the clubs new record signing at 17.75m.

Its a very small squad atm, im hoping for the odd bargain to pop up as the window draws to a close.

Transfer window closes and we take our seasons spending to 123m. That includes bringing Lemina back to Italy for 18.75m, then a new record in 20m getting Steven Bergwijn out of Spurs, whilst finally we did the same in snapping up Danielle Rugani in a massive 31.5m deal.

We have a net debt of 124m now, but if we can manage to maintain Serie A football, that will dwindle long term.

7 games left, 5 clear of the drop.. its going to the wire again but at least we have a headstart.

January saw us break our transfer record twice... Doucoure signed from Everton for 33m to add steel to the midfield, whilst we went nuts in bringing in Saliba from Arsenal for 80m! Our total spend this year is just shy of a quarter of a billion pounds.

However we have been subject to a 2nd takeover in one season, this time a Spanish consortium have come in to underwrite our debts... im not sure of their long term plans though...

15 hours ago, bestbrother said:

7 games left, 5 clear of the drop.. its going to the wire again but at least we have a headstart.

January saw us break our transfer record twice... Doucoure signed from Everton for 33m to add steel to the midfield, whilst we went nuts in bringing in Saliba from Arsenal for 80m! Our total spend this year is just shy of a quarter of a billion pounds.

However we have been subject to a 2nd takeover in one season, this time a Spanish consortium have come in to underwrite our debts... im not sure of their long term plans though...

Oh man ! How can you not make a heart attack :-D ... Great to see the enjoyment you find in your game ... Hope you'll make it and grab a second save to stay in SERIE A ... Hopefully the new owner won't sack you 

1 hour ago, keysea said:

Oh man ! How can you not make a heart attack :-D ... Great to see the enjoyment you find in your game ... Hope you'll make it and grab a second save to stay in SERIE A ... Hopefully the new owner won't sack you 

Thanks, yeah its been a bit hectic at times.

We survived easily enough in the end as Spezia just slumped and although we lost 3 of our last 5, a win at Roma and point at home to Parma helped us claim 16th and another season of Serie A football.

This season has started with a bit of book balancing and profit made on Steven Bergwijn (34.5m to Newcastle) and sadly Tonali who chose a 25m move to Liverpool.

Hopefully that will allow a full overhaul of the squad to give us enough depth to compete in Serie A a bit better and maybe a nice Coppa Italia run....

I played a season with Inter Milan... wanted to try tactics with probably the best Target Man in the game, Lukaku. I went with an attacking 352 using a TM-CF partnership upfront with Ericksen behind them in the Enganche role.

Here are the stats:

5a2a2911d1539e3e17457a98ddedacc0.png

I am not happy with crossing, i was trying to utilize Lukaku with early crosses but too many were getting blocked (i tried floated, low... everything). Lukaku did great scoring many goals but not the ones i was trying to create for him.

Here are Lukaku stats from SerieA:
a6f63b180121115c261ce50a214fbb5a.png

Finally i have a comparison between FM20 and FM21 for teams that won that season the SerieA:
7acc3988736dba5bbd78278a989072c7.png

Something has changed in the way Dribbles and Clear Cut Chances are counted.

9 horas atrás, kevaggel disse:

I played a season with Inter Milan... wanted to try tactics with probably the best Target Man in the game, Lukaku. I went with an attacking 352 using a TM-CF partnership upfront with Ericksen behind them in the Enganche role.

How many goals did he score?  He scored  45 in my 1st season  and he was injured for 3 months. He's a beast.

My lineup for the start of 2nd season with Lazio.

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=vy528

First season, finished 5th and won the Coppa Italia. In CL, lost to ManUtd in QF (1st leg 2-1@Manchester, 2nd leg 0-0@Rome).

We also had a very rough patch in the league with no wins in 12 games in a row. It is quite the miracle that we managed to finish 5th after all with all clubs fighting for europa positions being quite inconsistent. I switched to 3 at the back formation after 12 games without a win and we did change our fortunes then, started winning and scoring goals. So now I decided it will be our system for the upcoming season. I sold many players and deadwood form B team also and brought some good reinforcements to our midfield and defence so hopefully we can go and get in the top4 this season.

Unless I'm missing something, I mathematically secured the scudetto in record time, yet the game didn't recognize it and hasn't told me I've won. I beat Milan both times we played, so there's no way they could win a head-to-head tiebreaker even if we lose the next 8 and they win the next 8...

image.thumb.png.d2c21d053532bb1a3bf0c08e2d09a87a.png

7 часов назад, Weston сказал:

Unless I'm missing something, I mathematically secured the scudetto in record time, yet the game didn't recognize it and hasn't told me I've won. I beat Milan both times we played, so there's no way they could win a head-to-head tiebreaker even if we lose the next 8 and they win the next 8...

image.thumb.png.d2c21d053532bb1a3bf0c08e2d09a87a.png

Looks like a bug. Anyway fantastic season. Surprised with Roma. Are they so weak? Looks like Napoli side in my save in 2028, for two years participating in relegation battle.

Well, we did it. Won our 3rd straight scudetto with our (and my) first ever undefeated Serie A season, tying the all-time points record (Juventus, 2013-14) in the process. A draw on the final day kept us from surpassing it. I got a bit of a scare when my laptop froze whilst saving post-match, and I thought I'd have to replay the last game, but 15 mins later it came though...

We narrowly missed the 100 goal-mark again, though we still scored quite a bit despite my usual top striker having an uncharacteristically dreadful season. At the other end, my keeper beat the record for most clean sheets with 24 despite missing 5 matches due to injury.

Hilariously, despite sitting 1st literally the entire season even since day 1, the board is still not 100% satisfied! Amazing.

image.png.ca097ae0e56f5a62bd87b13286a2a2fd.png

image.thumb.png.fe023d514e09c085cc6f9d6618aa0089.png

I imagine the 27-point margin is the biggest ever, as well, with the rest of the pack offering little to no resistance. What makes this even more impressive is that I did a lot of it with our B team, rotating every outfield player so that I could dedicate maximum-strength XIs for the midweek Champions League fixtures, which I failed to win yet again. And though I won the Supercoppa, I was upset in the Coppa finale vs my hated Inter. So it still feels like a disappointing season!

Frustratingly, I've NEVER won the CL, not in this save or any other save I've ever done (I always start with very small clubs and build them up). I played this season because I thought this was our year, but we lost to Liverpool in the semis, after losing to PSG in the semis last year. Before that I lost in the quarters and then the final to PSG. (As the smallest possible consolation, we at least broke our attendance record with 57,517, though that's still short of a first sold-out crowd in our 58,270 cap San Nicola.)

As a Juventino I'm used to Europe's highest glory eluding me (I was even in the stadium for Cardiff 2017, stuck in the Madrid section no less...), so I guess I'm unable to escape that bad luck even in virtual management.

Do I go again?? I'm exhausted. It's a lot to play 99% of a season on autopilot only to get to the CL knockouts at the end...

Edited by Weston

15 hours ago, Vladis said:

Looks like a bug. Anyway fantastic season. Surprised with Roma. Are they so weak? Looks like Napoli side in my save in 2028, for two years participating in relegation battle.

Amusingly, Napoli actually won the league twice, then got relegated, then came back. Roma have just always been trash, not sure what happened. (Note that the just-completed season doesn't appear on the below charts yet.)

image.thumb.png.a4f6194d564d951835f5ec82d63317fb.png

image.thumb.png.5a59a08b3817208cacc097138ea660a8.png

Apologies for posting so much in a row (I usually just wait until the offseason and then get it all out in between), but this is probably the most absurdly talented player I've ever signed. Took years to pry him away. I wish I could play him in 4 positions at once!

image.thumb.png.a67270dab5938be634416f7044f65ff9.png

On 14/12/2020 at 10:46, evilpimp972 said:

Yes and Juventus STILL underwhelming

Idk how they couldnt tune this 

Lazio just came close to winning the 2023 UEFA Champions League in my save, and their star players are still Immobile, L. Alberto & Lazzari.

Very unrealistic.

P.S. And Juventus didn't even qualify for the Conference League, lol.

8 часов назад, Weston сказал:

The gameworld has now progressed far enough into the future that there is no immediate record of Inter ever winning anything, which is nice to see.

image.thumb.png.3673e6dd0dcf2687117821e7518ae27c.png

In my save they have won 3 scudetto in a row (2026, 2027,2028) :) There best striker - young Paraguayan is a goal machine but there is a chance he will move to Man City which have offered 221M for him. 

13 hours ago, Weston said:

Do I go again?? I'm exhausted. It's a lot to play 99% of a season on autopilot only to get to the CL knockouts at the end...

Maybe you need a fresh start in 2021? Or maybe you rotating to much or autopiloting through seasons is the reason you got knocked-out of CL? 

17 часов назад, Weston сказал:

Try to treat this as motivation for the next season(s). At least it works for me.

My frustration is on opposite with Serie A. 0 titles in last three seasons. Current season we have finished at the 4th place and it`s the worst result in nine seasons with Roma.

Though i just have won our first CL in 2028 (and personally my first CL with non-English teams). And the final game was again...Lazio! Really galactical level for Derby della Capitale. 1-1 after 120 minutes and 4-2 on penalties. The winning shot was from our home-grown star Alessio Riccardi.

Edited by Vladis

On 12/12/2020 at 02:46, mikcheck said:

How many goals did he score?  He scored  45 in my 1st season  and he was injured for 3 months. He's a beast.

He scored 30 goals, 26 in league and 4 in UCL. 

All of them by playing as Target Man.

I think I’m going to start with Roma and with the number of CB’s they start with I want to play something close to their IRL 34221. Has any body had any luck with this and for those who have played with Roma what seems to be the best role for Dzeko? TM? 

I was thinking as well whether there are any formations that are always associated with Roma? Maybe 4231 from the Spalletti era? 

11 hours ago, Vladis said:

In my save they have won 3 scudetto in a row (2026, 2027,2028) :) There best striker - young Paraguayan is a goal machine but there is a chance he will move to Man City which have offered 221M for him. 

I don't recall ever signing a player from Paraguay before FM20, but I have a striker from there as well who remains one of my best ever signings. I've gotten similarly ludicrous offers but never sold - every time he thinks he wants to go I remind him he's a team leader and he's happy to stay (this always works almost too well).

I absolutely love nothing more than signing a young player for very cheap at the beginning of the game (it was a few seasons in but he was one of the first players I ever paid a transfer fee for) and then having them grow in ability and value alongside the club so that he remains a starter over time as we get stronger.

He is now the all-time top scorer for the club with 149 goals in 274 appearances (111 in 196 in Serie A). His numbers would be a lot higher if I didn't rotate so much, but even my star players play relatively fewer games than they would at other clubs (and he gets injured a fair bit, too).

image.thumb.png.53a13ccdddf53e81498ea25aeb548662.png

image.thumb.png.800283b8ba25abbdca29c6672cf097c8.png

Edited by Weston

10 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Maybe you need a fresh start in 2021? Or maybe you rotating to much or autopiloting through seasons is the reason you got knocked-out of CL? 

I don't literally autopilot - I play every match but friendlies - I just mean it feels like I'm on autopilot because no domestic club can put up a fight.

I don't think rotating is hurting me because I have very little turnover, so all the players are familiar with each other and still playing a lot of games. We go into every midweek match the other team did not rotate for with 5-10 more percentage points of fitness, which should give us an edge.

6 hours ago, Vladis said:

Try to treat this as motivation for the next season(s). At least it works for me.

My frustration is on opposite with Serie A. 0 titles in last three seasons. Current season we have finished at the 4th place and it`s the worst result in nine seasons with Roma.

Though i just have won our first CL in 2028 (and personally my first CL with non-English teams). And the final game was again...Lazio! Really galactical level for Derby della Capitale. 1-1 after 120 minutes and 4-2 on penalties. The winning shot was from our home-grown star Alessio Riccardi.

image.thumb.png.89a033a56c9698419796654ad44b3bcd.png

I know how you feel though, I was a close 2nd for 4 years before I ever won! It's fickle - Juve went from unbeatable one moment to trash the next. Maybe Lazio could fall from grace in a similar fashion.

image.thumb.png.589490101da54b5f51cad4e53a1b0903.png

Congrats on the CL though! The first time I made the final I was 2nd in Serie A, so I almost won in Europe before in Italy too.

The players are what excite me. Maybe finally signing this guy will be enough to make me want to continue...

15 hours ago, Weston said:

Apologies for posting so much in a row (I usually just wait until the offseason and then get it all out in between), but this is probably the most absurdly talented player I've ever signed. Took years to pry him away. I wish I could play him in 4 positions at once!

image.thumb.png.a67270dab5938be634416f7044f65ff9.png

Also I don't know why the screenshots got so large lately!

Edited by Weston

6 hours ago, Aizo4576 said:

Got a fairly big budget and currently looking at James Madison to take over as AML IFs. Any other ideas?

Keep in mind that British are non-EU and you may not be able to register them.
If you want to check some italians then scout:

Gianmarco Cangiano

Felice D'Amico

Vincenzo Millico

Giacomo Raspadori

Brenner (Brazilian with italian passport from Sao Paulo)

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Who did you sign lol.

Funny you should ask as ive just done January... and we are now well over 600,000,000 spent :D

Summer:

Camavinga 80m

Dele Alli 80m

Youri Tielemans 80m

Ruben Neves 80m

Richarlison 80m

Belotti 50m

Upamecano 41m

Nicolas Pepe 59m

G. Mancini 30m

January:

Zouma 50m

Immobile 60m

Mahrez 30m

Kepa 30m

Ive sold as many players as I could to fund this, bought in over 100,000,000.. Zlatan is back at PSG, whilst Ruben Neves (22.5m) and Nicolas Pepe (10m) were both sold at a loss after just 6 months of sitting on the bench doing nothing useful.

On the pitch we did go out of Europe straight away before I could sign players, losing 1-2 aet to AGF. In the Coppa Italia we have just made the Final and will face Atalanta as we hope to bring back a competition the club hasnt won for well over a decade.

Serie A is up and down, we are 6th, wont be able to win the league but are well in the 4th place mix and a Champions League spot.

Edited by bestbrother

5 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

Funny you should ask as ive just done January... and we are now well over 600,000,000 spent :D

Summer:

Camavinga 80m

Dele Alli 80m

Youri Tielemans 80m

Ruben Neves 80m

Richarlison 80m

Belotti 50m

Upamecano 41m

Nicolas Pepe 59m

G. Mancini 30m

January:

Zouma 50m

Immobile 60m

Mahrez 30m

Kepa 30m

Ive sold as many players as I could to fund this, bought in over 100,000,000.. Zlatan is back at PSG, whilst Ruben Neves (22.5m) and Nicolas Pepe (10m) were both sold at a loss after just 6 months of sitting on the bench doing nothing useful.

On the pitch we did go out of Europe straight away before I could sign players, losing 1-2 aet to AGF. In the Coppa Italia we have just made the Final and will face Atalanta as we hope to bring back a competition the club hasnt won for well over a decade.

Serie A is up and down, we are 6th, wont be able to win the league but are well in the 4th place mix and a Champions League spot.

How dare you get rid of Sir Zlatan.

Some good signings there. I wonder how long you can keep up with the transfer sprees.

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

You only got him scoring 3 in 14 games. You should of gone and not him. You failed Zlatan and Zlatan would never fail you lol.

Only messing buddy. Keep us updated on how you do.

tbf i broke away from my tradition of the in game 4-4-2, by selecting the in game Catenaccio tactic as I thought that would be more Italian :D

In the end we were pretty ****, so 4-4-2 it is! And we have revived things a bit.

Coppa Italia in the bag... nipped Atalanta 1-0

More importantly we also squeezed out the same team as we get Champions League football with a 4th place finish. We were miles off the title though, a whopping 22pts behind Juve, so loads of room to rebuild and I think we could do with a 1,000,000,000 spending spree to bridge that gap :D

Just started the summer rebuild and that obviously means getting players out... Richarlison went for 44m after a disappointing season with the club, whilst we cashed in on Kessie for 50m to Man Utd... I was a little hesistant for that, but we have invested heavily in midfield as you will see :D

In the midst of typing this a panic has set in.. apparently Donnarumma is out of contract, he wont re-sign with me atm so im a bit stuck and in turn have pointed £170,000,000 at David De Gea in desperation!

But putting that drama to one side, the exciting new faces to grace the Rossoneri next year are:

Alphonso Davies 50m

Gabriel Jesus 50m

Wan Bissaka 50m

Ansu Fati 50m

Vincius Jr 50m

Diogo Jota 50m

Cristante 50m

Koulibaly 80m

Isco 50m

Totals 480m, but we have another 300m due in league appearance clauses across these deals should they come to fruition :D

9 horas atrás, bestbrother disse:

Just started the summer rebuild and that obviously means getting players out... Richarlison went for 44m after a disappointing season with the club, whilst we cashed in on Kessie for 50m to Man Utd... I was a little hesistant for that, but we have invested heavily in midfield as you will see :D

In the midst of typing this a panic has set in.. apparently Donnarumma is out of contract, he wont re-sign with me atm so im a bit stuck and in turn have pointed £170,000,000 at David De Gea in desperation!

But putting that drama to one side, the exciting new faces to grace the Rossoneri next year are:

Alphonso Davies 50m

Gabriel Jesus 50m

Wan Bissaka 50m

Ansu Fati 50m

Vincius Jr 50m

Diogo Jota 50m

Cristante 50m

Koulibaly 80m

Isco 50m

Totals 480m, but we have another 300m due in league appearance clauses across these deals should they come to fruition :D

Some pretty good deals there. Ansu Fati and Vinicius Jr were really cheap. If I want them I have to pay +100M each.

But also, that's a lot of signings in one go, it may not be too good for your team

1 minute ago, mikcheck said:

Some pretty good deals there. Ansu Fati and Vinicius Jr were really cheap. If I want them I have to pay +100M each.

But also, that's a lot of signings in one go, it may not be too good for your team

Yeah both have another 50m due after 'x' amount of league games so that will bump it. I also put on a 50% sell on fee clause to get it over the line, they asked for 40%.

Im still trying to add a bit more depth to the squad, we have a couple of areas that we need to finesse, to try and ensure we  get Top 4 again.