[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Into my 8th season with Roma, the longest I've ever gone without getting bored after a few seasons. 

Won the league 5 times. Champions league once, in second season. I signed Virgil at the ripe old age of 37, he has pretty much replaced Christian Romero who was first choice with Scalvini. 

Abraham wanted a new challenge so he left to join West Ham. Sesko and Lucca are my options now. Tempted to sign Harry Kane (35 yo) in a hope that he can return the title to us from Juve. I can get him for 19m in January, or try to get him in on a free? What are your thoughts? Money isn't an issue, the only issue is the non EU quota as I would have gone for a South American newgen. For what it's worth, Immobile is still smashing it for Lazio, so I think Kane could definitely do a job in Italy. 

On 17/07/2022 at 17:43, Daws88 said:

Into my 8th season with Roma, the longest I've ever gone without getting bored after a few seasons. 

Won the league 5 times. Champions league once, in second season. I signed Virgil at the ripe old age of 37, he has pretty much replaced Christian Romero who was first choice with Scalvini. 

Abraham wanted a new challenge so he left to join West Ham. Sesko and Lucca are my options now. Tempted to sign Harry Kane (35 yo) in a hope that he can return the title to us from Juve. I can get him for 19m in January, or try to get him in on a free? What are your thoughts? Money isn't an issue, the only issue is the non EU quota as I would have gone for a South American newgen. For what it's worth, Immobile is still smashing it for Lazio, so I think Kane could definitely do a job in Italy. 

Pretty decent save you got there with Roma :thup: Think 19M for 35 years old Harry Kane, is too much in my opinion, do you have any good regens in your youth team to promote?

Managed to get to knockout round after finishing runners up in group with Man Utd, Sporting CP and Bayern Leverkusen. Then got drawn against Barca.

8847f86b9e41b87935459c834eec2a9e.png

SESKOOOOO. Can see us getting ripped to shred at Camp Nou :(

AS_Roma_logo_(2017)_svg.thumb.png.e64fc330fd8ace87aa62abc7630acc08.png

Got a Roma save going with the latest transfers as of today 24/07/2022. Being a Juventus fan the addition of Dybala was a transfer that sparked the save. Still in pre-season at the minute but a couple of deals have already been done. 

PLAYERS OUT

Amadou Diawara £3.7m LYON - With a lot of players in this position means he was surplus to requirements. Still need to trim a couple in the centre of the pitch.
Eldor Shomurodov £11.25m SHAKTHAR DONETSK - We had another target in mind in the ST position and we have several players at the club who can cover if needed.
Leonardo Spinazzola £43.5m MANCHESTER CITY - Tough deal to do as I really like the guy. In the end though he is 28 years old and the game has him listed as having a recurring injury the price was literally too good to turn down. Matias Vina is rated as good as him in the LB position and Riccardo Calafiori is a fantastic talent who can cover and grow into this position. 

PLAYERS IN

Andrea Belotti FREE AGENT - A no brainer after the departure of Shomurodov an Italian international who is ready for the first team. Can also be used in rotation with Abraham when we switch to our one striker tactic. 
Nicolo Rovella £3.1m Loan Fee with £21m Optional Fee - As stated more will be leaving from the centre of the pitch and Rovella is a player who can dominate this midfield for years to come. Only 19 years of age he is an absolute steal at this price. He didn't want to sign straight away so the loan option will give us chance to make him fall in love with the club. 

So that's £58.5m in and only the £3.1m loan fee out which leaves us in a fantastic position in the transfer window. We now have decent cover in most positions and the current tactic I'm using doesn't implement any wide players so if any offers come in for those players I'm willing to negotiate. Sadly Matic who Mourinho brought in isn't good enough for the first team but as he is a new arrival there's no chance of moving him on. The only silver lining is he is only on £35k P/W.

51e5ff7da4bc89eb7adc45fa7af31e9f.png

YES! First win over AC Milan in 5 attempts! Made few tactical tweaks and glad to see it paid off :cool: Bologna, last won this was in 1974!

Edited by john1

On 24/07/2022 at 23:08, WilsonJuve said:

PLAYERS IN

Andrea Belotti FREE AGENT - A no brainer after the departure of Shomurodov an Italian international who is ready for the first team. Can also be used in rotation with Abraham when we switch to our one striker tactic. 
Nicolo Rovella £3.1m Loan Fee with £21m Optional Fee - As stated more will be leaving from the centre of the pitch and Rovella is a player who can dominate this midfield for years to come. Only 19 years of age he is an absolute steal at this price. He didn't want to sign straight away so the loan option will give us chance to make him fall in love with the club. 

So that's £58.5m in and only the £3.1m loan fee out which leaves us in a fantastic position in the transfer window. We now have decent cover in most positions and the current tactic I'm using doesn't implement any wide players so if any offers come in for those players I'm willing to negotiate. Sadly Matic who Mourinho brought in isn't good enough for the first team but as he is a new arrival there's no chance of moving him on. The only silver lining is he is only on £35k P/W.

b                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           AS_Roma_logo_(2017)_svg.thumb.png.e64fc330fd8ace87aa62abc7630acc08.png

So the transfer window has come to a close and we finish with £31m in the bank and these are the transfers the club has made.

PLAYERS OUT

Amadou Diawara £3.7m LYON - With a lot of players in this position means he was surplus to requirements. Still need to trim a couple in the centre of the pitch.
Eldor Shomurodov £11.25m SHAKTHAR DONETSK - We had another target in mind in the ST position and we have several players at the club who can cover if needed.
Leonardo Spinazzola £43.5m MANCHESTER CITY - Tough deal to do as I really like the guy. In the end though he is 28 years old and the game has him listed as having a recurring injury the price was literally too good to turn down. Matias Vina is rated as good as him in the LB position and Riccardo Calafiori is a fantastic talent who can grow into this position. 
Felix Arena-Gyan Loan CS MARTIMO - Not ready for first team football and the non EU slot was needed at the club.
Nemanja Matic Loan Getafe - An unwanted player at the club but due to being a new signing before I joined no club would place a transfer bid. Rather than him becoming unhappy and unsettling the squad we have sent him on loan with no fee or wages offered.
Gonzalo Villar £2.6m Basel - We could have got more if we developed him but he isn't in my plans.
Chris Smalling £9.5m Atalanta - At 31 years of age I decided it was time to cash in on him before his decline.

PLAYERS IN

Nicolo Fagioli - £8m Juventus - Our second Juventus signing of the window and an absolute steal with Rovella he has the chance to boss this midfield for years. This season will be a rotation option.
Giacomo Raspadori £21m Sassuolo - With Shomurodov departing we lacked depth in the ST position with only Belotti and Abraham natural there, He will play in rotation with one of the other strikers and also offers us extra depth in the AMC position and out wide. An absolute talent.
Nicolo Casale Loan £6.5m option to buy Lazio - A strange transfer between the roman clubs but Karsdrop damaged his cruciate ligaments in pre season and is out for 5-7 months. He offers cover in the RB position and can also play CB if needed.
Mattia Viti £5m Empoli - With smiling leaving he will provide cover for the first team in the form of being the 5th choice CB can expect some cup games and weaker league games as he has the potential to grow.
Andrea Papetti £4m but loaned back to Brescia for the next 2 seasons - Solid young CB who will continue to grow at his current club for the next two seasons.

With only one Italian leaving the club and 7 Italians joining you can see what kind of transfer philosophy the club is going for. Young passionate Italians who can turn us into the dominant force in Serie A and hopefully Europe in the future. We still have £31m available for the January transfer window if anymore tweaks need to be made. There was a few players who wouldn't speak to us at the minute who we are extremely interested in. 

First game of the season was against Verona where we got a 3-1 victory with a debut goal from Raspadori, Tammy Abraham and Zeki Celik were also on the scoresheet. Then we played Bologna away from home and it was a goal fest. Zaniolo the pick of the players with 2 goals and 2 Assists. We usually switch formation at half time when making substitutes and Kluivert who was on the for sale list at the start of the save came on and gave another solid performance topped off with a goal. He had an unreal pre-season with an avg rating of 8.36 and in 2 substitute league appearances has a 7.40 avg. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

SfKcS7c.png

Bologna 1909 season 2

806045f7a5b2abb89ad6d9234a32f0af.png

What an season for us, by finishing 2nd in the league and winning Coppa Italia!😎 Pretty pleased with our defence, by only 2 goals away from Inter Milan. who only conceded 30 goals.

Sadly last season players stats, have gone. However, Sesko, finished top scorer for us with 26 goals in 39 games in all competitions.

Transfers

9ca3c9cfc8b8b37e3620dbe86d20ba6c.png

Made few young signings but majorly of them are regens, however will show few of them. Was so inspired by Evidence Based Football Manager 2 part video regarding with personality and wonderkids and ended up signing ridiculous amount of youngsters for next few seasons.

b5ed0d95c27f08669ad9903980f790e8.png
3895b11db2878fb6417915554fb48a43.png
c66364f69871f50cb7eaad3aabf81c99.png
3814e6110879115bf0499445f480e3e5.png

Found Palacios via player search and signed him last season. Was also wanted by Barca, few months ago!

77f22f9c8f08ad3f6518ea78aca1c89b.png

This probably the greatest transfer I have done for Bologna 😎 Looked at him after watching Omega Luke's Youth to Gold challenge, which he signed him and turned out to be world class defender. Went to make a offer for him, noticed they wanted Emanuel Vignato, so I thought try free plus him and somehow they was happy to accept it!

Edited by john1

Guys out of all the top teams, who should i start a save with? I am a Roma fan, but im insecure wheter that is 2 easy. 

I just want a fun Italian save. I have only played with 2 real teams in this FM, and that was RB Salzburg and Hertha Berlin.

So out of Juve, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio, Napoli and maybe Atalanta - who to start with? 

I focus alot on realism, and try 2 keep everything realistic

6 hours ago, n1mez said:

Guys out of all the top teams, who should i start a save with? I am a Roma fan, but im insecure wheter that is 2 easy. 

I just want a fun Italian save. I have only played with 2 real teams in this FM, and that was RB Salzburg and Hertha Berlin.

So out of Juve, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio, Napoli and maybe Atalanta - who to start with? 

I focus alot on realism, and try 2 keep everything realistic

Fiorentina have a really fun FM squad, Sassuolo are always a popular choice. From this list you gave I would do Napoli for variety in the thread!

Can anybody please help/answer my question?

Im currently managing Venezia and I'm planning on this being my last career save on FM22. The obvious main problem or big sticking point is the tiny stadium. Now when managing every other team there is always an option to ask to expand or build a new stadium, but I don't have that option here. There isn't a planned stadium move so I'm not sure whats going on. I don't want to stick around for 7+ seasons if were not going to be able to move into a bigger stadium.

Has anybody either managed Venezia for a long time and got a new stadium built? or can anybody with a long term save check and see if Venezia ever move into a new stadium.

Thanks

On 16/08/2022 at 12:06, Watson156 said:

Can anybody please help/answer my question?

Im currently managing Venezia and I'm planning on this being my last career save on FM22. The obvious main problem or big sticking point is the tiny stadium. Now when managing every other team there is always an option to ask to expand or build a new stadium, but I don't have that option here. There isn't a planned stadium move so I'm not sure whats going on. I don't want to stick around for 7+ seasons if were not going to be able to move into a bigger stadium.

Has anybody either managed Venezia for a long time and got a new stadium built? or can anybody with a long term save check and see if Venezia ever move into a new stadium.

Thanks

What year was the current stadium built, and who owns it?

39 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Any plans for a Parma save buddy ?

Will see if I will end up getting FM23.

i did a Valencia save for FM21 but only played a couple of seasons before stopped playing.

Didn’t buy FM22 because of that.

21 hours ago, quee said:

Good to see the topic still going and lots of old faces here. 

How is FM22 for everyone? Might get FM23 to get back into the series.

Good to see you back here again!

On 17/08/2022 at 11:18, KlaaZ said:

What year was the current stadium built, and who owns it?

The stadium was originally built in 1913, but rebuilt in 2021. It's owned by the Council.

After the season it was announced that the board were searching for a site to build on, so thankfully it looks like we will be ok. My massive concern was that it was hard wired for the club not to look for a new stadium!

13 hours ago, john1 said:

d59cd78e7d843ebafbd7d861de1707b1.png

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47yagtkidieyuskjvyk0

Very Nice and so very jealous of you!!

36002082a21157b2cebf0dc7598fc2b4.png

No shame in going out on penalties!

Also déjà vu again, Won first leg against Barca, lost 2nd leg, in last season CL first knockout round, this season beat Real Madrid in first leg, lost 2nd leg :D I wonder what is next if I do get to Champions League again.

ec2d5efbb3792cf93acca0a97304055c.jpg
Just had my youth intakes last month but some of them wasn't signed by HOYD. I decided to hand this guy his debut at age 15, against Pisa. Already been labelled the next Giorgos Karagounis

giorgos-karagounis1.jpg

UriAe77.png

Season 3 overview

5406c00ec40b0f4b2e569c44fb756668.png

What an epic season for the club, winning the league and PS5 supercup! It was very close between us and Inter Milan, at one stage I was a point ahead of them heading toward our game against them and to my surprise, we won 2-0!

9d31ee03f7b1fc8cb536c46d66d1b255.png

ca2f3a1db56dc71e11daafcb98f3d7fd.png

Then we gradually pulled away and winning the league by 12 points.

Sadly, we lost to AC Milan in semi final of Coppa Italia, 4-3 on agg 😞

Players stats

4f6170359016fade99c222f19bb2bbef.png

Very delighted with our players and would be unfair to pick one out, Few youngsters was getting fairly decent games this season.

Will show few youngsters that have played a fair bit for the club

b46738fc74f07b8d3522a019bb548646.png

Very impressed with Diego, this season, picked up few awards and might look at training him as AML.

7f9cd9a74d9acd947b795659b428eacf.png

Have been great since joining the club, hoping to play him more next season.

e25ec063b2b2191b271326efd3f2bf49.png

Have been impressed with him since coming through intakes, will be keeping close eye on his developments.

bb3e98c59df07f17fa35d7ea87dc604b.png

Decent season for him but feels his development has stalled a bit.

Next season plans

Will be tough to defend our title, will be looking at top 4 finish, will be looking at to strengthen our U's20/18 backroom staffs (Like Ajax for example with their coaching team across the club)

Started my season as Juventus with the newest fmpr0 update.

Transfers In:

• Gianluca Scalvini - €5M from Atalanta - Big hopes for the young player, scouts rating him for 4,5 stars - hopefully a long term partnership with Bremer
  • Tommaso Pobega - €13M (€5M upfront and €8M over 3 intallements) + possible €2,5M (after 50 league games) - really happy to bolster up our Italian lineup - as there's a bug in the fmpr0 update that I cannot register Paredes (additional non-EU player), I badly needed an additional player for my midfield, Milan wanted to negotiate with reasonable pricing on the young Italian, so I went for it.

Transfers Out:

• Felix Correira - €2,7M (rising to €3,5M) to Porto - doesn't look like he'll develop into a world class player, and Porto came with a good offer so I sold him.
  • Some other youngsters which I didnt rate highly - for a total of around €1,2M
  • Kaio Jorge - loan to D. Moscow - with Milik in the rotation on the ST position, I wouldn't find enough time for the Brazilian so I've decided to loan him out.

Main targets for the next transfer windows would probably be the AML position, Di Maria will be getting older and I'll want to move Chiesa back to AMR. I'm eyeing Dominik Szoboszlai or Gio Reyna - but we'll see, both most likely will be very very pricey. I'll look also for strengthening the left back position - but I cannot recon any candidates as of yet. I'll also try to bring the young Carnesecchi.

The Squad:

GK: Szczesny

RB: Cuadrado/Danilo

CB: Bremer

CB: Bonucci

LB: Alex Sandro

DM: Locatelli

MC: Rabiot ~~ I can see Pobega taking his place

MC: Pogba

AMR: Di Maria

AML: Chiesa

ST: Vlahović

The team as it is now lacks a bit of depth, but that'll be something to work on in the next years.  Espescially with players like Rovella coming back from loans, the situation should get better.

So far a good start to the season with a win over Monza at home  (5-1), and 3-1 away over Cremonese, and Pogba being really on fire in those games, 3 goals from the midfield.

Halfway through the season I think, I'm doing pretty fine with 45 points after 19 games, had an embarassing lose vs Fiorentina 1-3 (A) and vs.... Salernitana (A) 0-2 after an early red card for us. But still 45pts sounds good to me, but Milan are just crazy, winning every single game - they've only lost to me 1-2 and early into the season vs Atalanta and apart from that they're perfect! 51 pts, crazy.

spacer.png

Champions League, I've finished 2nd behind PSG - lost a game to Benfica in the 1st fixture (1-2) which cost me the ability to fight for the first place, after two draws vs PSG. This makes us face an extremely tough opponent in the first knockout stage - Man City.

As I expected I struggle with depth in the team - now I'm working on a loan deal for Carrasco who is transfer listed for Atleti - and seems that he could be a solid rotation player. Suprisingly I've also unsettled Szoboszlai, but unlikely I'll gather the money during winter transfer window to acquire him.

Il 19/8/2022 in 22:01 , john1 ha scritto:

d59cd78e7d843ebafbd7d861de1707b1.png

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47yagtkidieyuskjvyk0

I was so happy when i got it in my second season with Udinese, but it spoiled the enjoyment long term, i had no struggles in succeeding and winning serie a almost 10 years straight now

Finished my January transfer window, which ended up pretty well

Transfers In:

• Yannick Carrasco - loan from At. Madrid - €0M 70% of wages - option to buy at €46M (which I won't utilize :D) - Ive been struggeling with backup wingers, and Carrasco seems to be a good fit here, he was transfer listed at Atleti and the terms of the loan were really good
  • Nikola Milenković - €22M + (€6M after 50 league games) - I felt I'll need to strengthen my CB roster, as Scalvini and Gatti aren't first team material (the issue when starting one year before on an updated db :D) - It was between Milenkovic and Mancini (had a deal for Mancini for around €30M), but the Italian asked for higher wages, bigger team role, also Roma kept adding a replacement clausule to the deal - and it nearly was deadline day. So I've decided to go for the Serbian. Seems like a good deal here, Mancini ended up in Newcastle (for €36M). Most likely Nikola will jump into the first XI replacing Bonucci.

Transfers Out:

So I had clubs sniffing, and received offers/enquiries for 3 of my players - Bonucci, Rabiot and Danilo. I've negotiatied all of them to take place in the summer (end of the season), suprisingly for me - I had this request accepted by all the AI clubs, so I did end up selling all 3 of them, but they'll remain with the team till the end of the campaign.

• Leonardo Bonucci - 6,5M (1,5M over installments) - to Liverpool - the English club enquired about Leo, and I was more than happy to sell the snake. Also freeing up €225k p/w from wage budget, but as mentioned he'll stay in the team till the end of the season
  • Adrien Rabiot - 40,5M (€20M over installments) - to Man Utd - what an irony to what happened in real life, but yeah really good offer in my opinion and the Frenchman will join United in the summer
  • Danilo - 42,5M (€12,5M over installments) - to Tottenham - again an offer I couldnt resist. the ageing Brazilian has been an imporant puzzle of my team, but this as Tottenham agreed to leave Danilo at my club till the end of the season, I've accepted

This unconventional method of selling left me with a really nice budget to use - €60M in the bank, and I'll try to secure Szoboszlai for the summer :cool:

And yet another post from me ;)

Season 1 Update

Serie A

What a great campaign it has been, Milan has been really crazy good at being consistant, but we managed to catch them near the end of the season - I even catched  them 3 fixtures before the end, and passed them, but after loosing the Coppa Italia final game, we really had a bad form in the final 2 games of the season... After a diasspointing draw vs Verona (away) in the 37th fixture,  Milan got passed us by 1 point - absolutely gutted, into the final fixture we played Fiorentina (H), while Milan went to play Sampdoria (away) and after 45 minutes, we would be the champions - Milan has been drawing 1-1, while we were in the lead 2-1 after goals from Di Maria and Vlahović, thing started to look even better for us - shortly after the break we raised our lead to 3-1, and Milan had Bennacer sent off! I really started to believe, but Milan went to win 3-2 with man down, and my players stopped playing in 80min+ like they would know it doesn't matter and we drew 3-3 in the end. So a bit gutted about the end result, but it has been a really good season nontheless, with catching Milan, but we weren't good enough in the end. As expected the teams depth proved to be an issue espescially during January and February, where I had big issues at full backs position with numerous injuries, but also no good rotation in the midfield and on the wings.

When I hoped at least Vlahović would be crowned the top scorer with 28 goals, I got to know that mr Immobile did something just incredible - as he banged 42 for Lazio to help them reach 4th place and securing a champions league spot. Our offence prooved to be really strong with 103 goals scored - but I'll be tweaking the tactic a bit - we weren't consitant with those goals, we sometimes had unreal games like 7-0 vs Sassuolo, or two consecutive 5-0 over Verona and Udinese to follow that up with 0-0 and 1-1 shortly after vs Torino and Sampdoria, and I would like to tighten  the defence a bit - this is something my team struggled espescially at the start of the season where we were loosing a lot of goals and constantly lost goals like 4-2 vs Napoli, 2-2 v Lazio, and even teams like Cremonese, Monza and Spezia were scoring vs us. But I'm working on that already, and the tweaks seem to be working.

spacer.png

Champions League

After finishing 2nd in the group stage we've faced and incredibly tough opponent in the first knockout stage - Man City, and damn it really was a challenge

Home - First game at home felt really good, City has been doing mistakes and we managed to use that - after a bad pass from Ruben Dias, Vlahović intercepted the ball and scored after a first time shot. The game went to an end with us having a slight advantage before the 2nd leg in Manchester.

Away - We went to Manchester with high hopes, to stop City, and hold to the lead - and those hopes got even bigger after we had an early goal! Ruben Dias made another mistake, and he netted an own goal after a cross from Di Maria! What a start in the 6th minute, unfortunately City came back into the game in the 19th minute after a goal by Haaland. That was it for the first half - still a decent result for us, but the 2nd half was just a disaster... De Bruyne in the 50' minute, Haaland got a second goal in the 61st', Grealish made it impossible in 69th' and Bernardo Silva finished us off in 85th'. 1-5 and absolute trashing at the Etihad, absolutely gutted - it was one of those games that every shot found the net - xG for City was 1,96 in this game, but they banged 5!

Well a really bad ending  for our season in CL, and an early exit - definetly we will need to improve next season.

Coppa Italia

The coppa as usual started late for a top team like us, and went fairly well, won 3-0 over Roma in the quarter final, faced Inter in the semis where we managed to pull off a 0-0 (A) and 2-0(H) to advance to the final. Where we faced Atalanta, and... again a big let down, we've lost 0-2, went down very early, as Pasalić scored in the 2nd minute, Atalanta scored another goal just before the first half whistle as Muriel found the net in the 42nd'. Cuadrado ended our hopes in the 2nd half after getting a red card in the 60th minute and it was it. Lost 0-2.

Overall we messed all of our chances - but it is what it is, and hope we can come back strong next season.

Transfers:

Well I went on a small spending spree, after ammasing the money in the winter transfer window, we had the bank filled up - though we didn't get more than that, and had €70M to spend.

In:

• Jamal Musiala - €70M (rising to a whooping €110M) - from Bayern - so I wanted to buy a new number 10! A leader that will stay with us basically forever, I've been aiming Musiala, Szoboszlai, Fati, Reyna, Kai Havertz - but basically non of the teams wanted to negotiate with me, apart from Bayern. And we worked out a deal €70M + €7.5M after 50 league games, €29M after 20 international games, and €3,5M in a case of winning Coppa Italia ( :D ) - it's a lot, but having it spread over a period of 2 seasons, is something I could afford, and I think Musiala might be the real deal for the next 10 years+, he's also off to a good start - 3 goals in 2 games in champions league, and 2 goals 3 assists in 7 league games.
  • Oumar Solet - €16,75M (rising to €19,25M) - from Salzburg - A good backup for my CB position, as Scalvini is still developing, also Solet can cover the DM position - and I really like this versality, and he really proves to be a really solid player for the team.
  • Marco Carnesecchi - €15M (rising to €26,5M) - from Atalanta - My board was not happy with me spending so much on him, but he seems to be the only GK talent Italy has to offer (apart from Dollaruma, but obv he's unbuyable), looking forward to development of Marco, and hope he'll replace Szczesny in a season or two.
  • Bryan Cristante - €12M - from Roma - and last but not least, I've brought Cristante into my rotation - I've been scouting him  in the winter, but didnt make an offer in the end - got surprised late August by my scouts reports where they suggested that Cristante will be available for €10-13M, and I had an offer of €12M accepted, a good rotation player for DM/MC and in case of an emergency he could play CB. A pretty good price I would say for another versatile player.
  • Dejan Kulusevski - €0M - from Tottenham - back from loan - this surprised me a lot, Tottenham after Kulu having a good season for them didnt use the €36M clausule and they sent him back to Turin - so another great player who joined, which I totally was not expecting to happen.

Out:

Apart from Bonucci, Danilo and Rabiot who basically sponsored those buys, I offloaded some of the teams deadwood:

• Daniele Rugani - €5M - to Roma
  • Juan Cuadrado - €7M - to R.Madrid - a solid player but he started to decline fast in the physical attributes and decided to offload, and free up his big wages. R Madrid were interested in him for a long time, and I felt this is a decent offer for a 34 old Columbian (going into 35 this season).
  • Dennis Zakaria - €14.25M - to At. Madrid - Most likely Zakaria would stay with us, but after the deal done with Cristante he seemed to be not needed - Atletico came with a decent offer
  • Marco Pjaca - €5M - to Lyon
  • Gianluca Frabotta - €5M to Bournemouth
  • Arthur - €2M loan to AC Milan - obligatory buy for €20M after 10 league games - unsprisingly Liverpool didnt opt to buy Arthur out, couldnt offload him straight, but Milan offered a decent loan deal which I accepted - 10 league games seem to be a very easy condition to be met, and I never planned on using him.
  • Ihattaren - €5M to Midtylland
  • Kaio Jorge - loan to Salzburg - he seems to be developing fairly well, and I'll be keeping the young Brazilian in my rotation next year, with Milik making space for him.

And that's it, a really nice transfer window, and the team seems  to have way more depth now with the new comees, and players like Luca Pellegrini, Nicolo Rovella coming back from their loans.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, started my Serie A journey with an updated database (post-summer transfers) with Fiorentina as they sacked their manager about 6 months into the first season. I've just finished the 22/23 season and a few highlights below.

Serie A

Board expectation was to finish in the top half, but we went on to finish 4th place. It was a much closer race than it looks and it wasn't secured until the penultimate match where Roma dropped points to Parma, which was handy as our last game of the season was against Roma and that could have been set up for quite the finale!

20220921100153_1.thumb.jpg.923737082f5ff54a06a444567e1c7ec9.jpg

xG table for the season below.

Spoiler

20220921101425_1.jpg

Transfers

Notable transfers during the Summer window:

Out

Luka Jovic - Tottenham - £18.75m | I could not get him performing for us and he was a high earner. Decided to cash in and invest those funds elsewhere

In

Pierre Kalulu - Milan - Loan £11.5m, future fee £13.5m | Rating: 5*; an exceptional pick-up by us, slotted straight into the first team as a CB and never put a foot wrong. Versatility a great addition to his game

Marco Carnesecchi - Atalanta - £10m (rising to £13.5m) | Rating: 5*; our keeper for the previous season was Gollini on loan so we needed a first team addition. Board wasn't happy with the fee but having won the goalkeper of the year award I think we did well. Serie A 'Advanced Goalkeeping' scattergraph below shows his worth to us. 

Spoiler

20220921102403_1.thumb.jpg.563f861346060df5120b533244ba7c08.jpg

Bottom left is poor Buffon

Antony - Ajax - £32m | Rating: 3.5*; paid the release clause as one thing I found out from the first season was we lacked creativity and goal-threat. Antony didn't set the league alight as I would have hoped. Did okay, but his output wasn't as high as expected.

Wilfried Gnonto - Zurich - £5m (rising to £6.5m) | Rating: 4*; was looking for depth in attack and this guy popped up on my analytics search. Young and Italian, can play in all positions cross the front and ended the season with 9 goals largely coming on as a sub. Also named U19 attacker of the year.

Joaquin Piquerez - Palmeiras - £3.5m (rising to £4.7m) | Rating 4.5*; needed backup and competition for left-back and he was excellent for us. Italian second nationality helped and coincidentally was on loan at Fiorentina in the 16/17 season.

Notable transfers for Winter transfer window:

Out

Dodo - Atletico Madrid - £28m | An exceptional player for us and not one I wanted to sell, but player wanted the move and became unsettled. Key player departed.

Arthur Cabral - Sporting - £20m | Similar to Jovic, I couldn't get the best out of him in a system I was happy with and decided to move him on.

Jhonathan Ikone - Brighton - £11.5m | Was not performing for me and wasn't getting the game time.

Giacomo Bonaventura - Zenit - £4.2m | Quite a controversial sell from the board and fans, but was 33 years old and not featuring as much as required

Cristiano Biraghi - Man. Utd - £17.5m | Piquerez was getting more and more game time over Birgahi, who I didn't intend on selling, but Man Utd came in on deadline day which unsettled him. The wrong side of 30 so decided to cash in

In

Calegari - Fluminense - £11.25m | Rating N/A: so with Dodo going out I needed a replacement and opted for another Brazilian. Turned out I couldn't register him for some reason I still don't know, but I had to loan him out for the remainder of the season. He will be 'like a new signing' for next season though.

Gabriele Zappa - Cagliari - £2.8m (rising to £3.8m) | Rating 4*; with Calegari unable to be registered needed a rightback and desperately. Zappa stood out with his performances for Cagliari and we picked him on for a very good fee. I was delighted with his performances as a last minute recruit.

Anthony Martial - Man. Utd - £8.75m (rising to £10m) | Rating 3.5*; despite thinking we may have blown our wage budget on him, we're actually only paying him £2k p/w! We got Man. Utd to pay £125k p/w toward his salary! However... I didn't play him in his preferred position for large parts of the season and he has now requested to leave... At worst we'll make a profit after 6-months.

Kelvin Yeboah - Genoa - £31m (rising to £40m) | Rating 3.5*; one of our most expensive transfers yet but settled pretty quickly. Did very well at Genoa and only 23 years old. Unsure which position I will have him play regular, either an inside forward or as the lone-striker. Leaning toward the inside forward.

Squad

How the squad looked by the end of the season

20220921100323_1.jpg

I want to single out Nicolas Gonzalez as the best player in this team. An absolutely phenomenal player who carried us on many occasions! He outperformed his xG by 10 goals over the season! Probably not sustainable, but the first name on the team sheet. His versatility and all-round ability did go against him for parts of the season as I was playing him in positions across the front as required but when moving him to the central DLF role he was incredible with 8 goals and 5 assists in his final 8 appearances in that role - a reason why I upset Martial as Gonzalez was undroppable from here.

Tactics

Below is how we finished the season playing and it resulted in our best form all year. I had toyed with a 4-4-2, a 4-2-3-1 , a 4-5-1 but the 4-3-3 was what suited us best in defense, transition and attack.

20220921100739_1.jpg

Next Season

We'll need to bring in re-enforcement's for next season with the below positions and their priority levels (1 - low, 5 - high)

GK - 1 

RB - 1 (assuming we can register Calegari!)

LB - 4  (lack of depth)

CB - 3.5 (will lose van Hecke from loan and I expect we will sell Igor so need a couple for depth)

DM - 3 (Fagioli loan extended, but we don't have much by way of depth)

MC - 5 (our priority in the transfer window. Tchouameni will go, Duncan will get sold which will leave us short on numbers. I would like two first-team players)

RW - 2.5 (we have players capable playing here, but I would like a left-footer as backup to Antony)

LW - 2 (unlikely to need to invest in this area)

STC - 2 (Gonzalaez will retain his place here for the time being unless a quality forward becomes available and we have capable stand-ins. Perhaps a 'Plan B' option will be useful)

Edited by Mikal

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Pedrike2021 said:

Hi there, can anyone recommend me a good central defender in serie C?

Hard to recommend something without knowing your club financial situation, what are you looking forward etc

But I'd check players that are loan-listed, young players from big clubs etc

• 2 weeks later...