[FM20][FM21][FM22][FM23] Calcio

zlatanera

On 07/11/2019 at 16:46, jonathan44 said:

My usual team is Palermo, but with Serie D unplayable not sure who to pick :s

I used @claassen's Serie D add-on to play as Bari last year - he hasn't made a database with added leagues for FM20 yet, but it's possible he will and you can play with Palermo.

Edited by Weston

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately the Serie C promotion rules are incorrect, and SI has said there is no timeline to correct them. Thankfully, after much testing, these legends @massa88 and @krlenjushka have identified the issues, how to correct them, and then created a downloadable database file that does just that:

133597561_ItalySerieCplayofffix.xml

Feel free to use and/or share!

• 2 weeks later...

So end of season 3 with Bari, managed to stay up fairly comfortably in the end, the squad I have has been completely destroyed in alot of games but a few players have stood out. The black and white horses ran the competition with Ronaldo scoring a modest 30 goals.

image.thumb.png.9520d7eee4a2a6dde7b236d83c9eeb8d.png

I didn't bring in any players in January as I had no money but wish I had tried something as injuries hit my front 3 from December onwards. My top scorer Despodov got 12 with my two strikers playing awfully all season.

image.thumb.png.e690d698b33cae6d54c91bc3675f5457.png

My best two players were Zaccagni and Riccardi (below). Unfortunately Riccardi is set to return to Roma this summer (he's just won his first Italy cap) and after 3 seasons missing only 5 leagues games he's going to be missed. Zaccagni is a creative player but hasn't got many assists having played CDM this year.

image.thumb.png.c76584202a038a78e64673126db61acc.pngimage.thumb.png.5f10b4b8b40a24ed0c53c304e4328075.png

9 Million to spend this summer if I stay, it's taken a while but this is the first interview I've been offered:

image.thumb.png.81efb6fc2cf7747467ad648f0565d619.png

image.png

Edited by jonathan44

On 28/12/2019 at 04:15, Weston said:

Unfortunately the Serie C promotion rules are incorrect, and SI has said there is no timeline to correct them. Thankfully, after much testing, these legends @massa88 and @krlenjushka have identified the issues, how to correct them, and then created a downloadable database file that does just that:

133597561_ItalySerieCplayofffix.xml 570.13 kB · 1 download

Feel free to use and/or share!

What's the issue with the promotion rules? I've just started a save with Palermo after holidaying and this is worrying to read...

11 hours ago, jonathan44 said:

Not a world beater, but good enough for Calcio A.

Agreed. His attributes won't come amongst the top in your scout reports. I had watched him 20+ times for Cagliari and Bulgaria before I decided to buy him. Below is him now at the end of the 7th season for me (FM19). I just love how good he is in scoring his goals.

1274974162_Screenshot2020-01-0717_33_27.thumb.png.a5b2c652b5416fac3ed85529748dbbbd.png

He is now an 'Icon' at Parma after 3 seasons, and was a 'Favoured Personnel' at Cagliari :D He wants to become the captain at the club as well as his future long term plan.

17 ore fa, Tilling ha scritto:

What's the issue with the promotion rules? I've just started a save with Palermo after holidaying and this is worrying to read...

The playoff in Serie C are a little bugged. The main problems are:

- The draw is not matching the correct teams, so you can end up playing against a team of another group even if you're not supposed to in the initial rounds.

- Some team can start in an earlier/later round than the one it is supposed to start.

- The team in the 11th placed that (in some case) should enter the playoff will not join, replaced by the 11th of another group (which is not supposed to join playoff).

All these issues happen only when the winner of the Italian Cup of Serie C  ends the league in a position different than 11th - 15th.

14 hours ago, quee said:

Agreed. His attributes won't come amongst the top in your scout reports. I had watched him 20+ times for Cagliari and Bulgaria before I decided to buy him. Below is him now at the end of the 7th season for me (FM19). I just love how good he is in scoring his goals.

1274974162_Screenshot2020-01-0717_33_27.thumb.png.a5b2c652b5416fac3ed85529748dbbbd.png

He is now an 'Icon' at Parma after 3 seasons, and was a 'Favoured Personnel' at Cagliari :D He wants to become the captain at the club as well as his future long term plan.

Mine's got a while to go before he's even worth a quarter of that!

I think he's going to be changing wings this year as I've managed to recruit Vignato from Chievo who should really improve my team. Thankfully installment payments are available, otherwise I'd barely be able to sign anyone.

Edited by jonathan44

image.thumb.png.14c67cf9ecceaf76464e161122d132f1.png

That's my transfers in for the summer completed, I have 3 players leaving but taking their time to make up there mind where to go. The top 5 players were payed from last years budget, all 8 fee paying transfers are purchased with fees spread over 3 years. I'm particulary excited about Cichocki, a regen who the board and fans all think I overpayed for...

image.thumb.png.c633942980e19d0ffbb937abd9507778.png

And just when I thought my summer was over, managed to get rid of one of my mis-firing strikers :)

image.thumb.png.5fc3548ec27583927d49f89bb96c0f0a.png

Edited by jonathan44

@quee which attributes would you change to Kulusevski for the winter update? For sure massively the stamina since atm he's the 2nd player in the league that runs the most on average. I would say at least even ''decisions'', ''workrate'', ''vision'', ''agility'' and I would upgrade the the low value he has for his weak foot (*). What do you think? What else? For sure you have seen him way more than me.

(*)

Spoiler

Kulusevski.thumb.JPG.c1c2a129bd7625aec1cb686c66d9262a.JPG

Edited by ParanoidBuddha

@ParanoidBuddha I agreed with all that you suggested.

On top of that, I would argue the following as well:

Teamwork - I think it is one of his best attributes IRL. Even in one of his interviews he said it doesn't matter if gets the goal or assist, as long they are scoring.

Finishing - Most of his goals are good finishing, slight bump? Should at least be on par with his Long Shots, though I'm not sure if the latter requires an increase. Only the one goal from outside the box I remember I think.

Heading - When he played as emergency striker early in the season, he won lots of good headers. Not sure what Kucka's heading attribute is on FM20, but Kulusevski should be a couple of steps behind him at least. (Assuming Kucka had 10+ in heading). Kucka is the best header of the ball in the current Parma team.

Lastly, Dribbling - It is his main attributes for his game. Can be a bit higher? Maybe one higher than his passing? This is difficult to judge though, as his dribbling isn't in the skilful mould of say like Sancho. So not sure if an increase is reflective of the type of effective dribbling Kulusevski have. I would assume his stats in dribbles per game is quite high? I rarely check stats like those IRL.

What do you think?

Started playing as Perugia. Don't have any real reason apart from liking the start in Serie B, and because they used to be in Serie A back in the days.

1st season - Won Serie B, 3rd qualifying round in Cup
2nd season - 5th place in Serie A, 4th qualifying in Cup
3rd season - 2nd place in Serie A, Qtr Finals in the Cup, Qtr Finals in Europa League
4th season - 1st in Serie A, Cup winner, and eliminated by Man City in first knockout round.

Now I'm in my fifth season, really liking the team I built. Started really strongly after beating Roma, Juve and Inter in first three rounds. What is funny, I have exactly the same CL group as last year, with Tottenham, Schalke and RB Salzburg. Last season I was 4th seed, and now I was first, but oh well.

5gKOdqQ.png

I'm not a wheeler dealer by any means, but the squad is now worth far more then I spent on it :D

I'm curious to see everyone's management histories, and what they remember as their top highlights. Here is mine:

FM09 - Juventus
FM10 - Juventus
FM11 - Atalanta
FM12 - Brescia
FM13 -
FM14 - Pescara
FM15 - Sassuolo
FM16 - Cesena
FM17 - Parma > Torino > Milan
FM18 - Catania > Milan
FM19 - Bari > Milan
FM20 - Bari

When I was young and new to the game and Juve weren't great it was fun to play as my favorite team. I remember "discovering" and signing Dybala, Costa, and Asamoah years before we did in real life. Then both Juve and I got better, so I decided to play as teams in Serie B as a challenge, besides two exceptions (too busy with college applications to play FM13, found Sassuolo too endearing to resist in FM15).

I did this until raising the difficulty to Serie C in FM17-18 and even Serie D in FM19, which I consider my peak - I pulled a Parma and made it straight up to Serie A in 3 seasons, even qualifying for the Champions League in our first year back in the top flight. For the 3rd straight FM edition I tried to get the Juve job and failed, landing at Milan instead, where I was forced to dethrone my beloved Bianconeri as campioni once again.

This year I just failed to get promoted in my first season - the first time ever in my live that I've fallen short of promotion in a league in which there is promotion. This has been a bit demoralizing, as I don't really want to play Serie C a second straight season, so I've been reflecting on past glories to inspire myself to keep playing!  :lol:

Hello folks, @quee encouraged me to get in on this thread! Currently managing my favourite Italian club Parma, trying to build them back up to the force they were in the mid-90s. I'm focusing on youth development, investing in younger players that will develop into Serie A quality over a few seasons rather than signing more established older players. I'm currently almost finished season 2, but here's a quick retrospective on the first.

Season 1 Update (2019-20)

Serie A: 5th

Coppa Italia: 4th Qualifying Round (knocked out by Perugia)

First season went much better than expected, with us just scraping it into Europe on the last day of the season and claiming the final Europa League qualifying slot. Only three players were signed - one for the first team in Luis Abram (solid, left-footed Chilean centre back) and two promising Argentinians in Brandon Cortés (striker) and Agustin Obando (inverted winger). Neither of the two youngsters was expected to stake a claim for a first-team place but Cortés was outplaying Cornelius by the end of the season and became a regular in the side, scoring an impressive 12 Serie A goals in 24 appearances. Roberto Inglese, as expected, was the club's top scorer with 22 goals in 36 Serie A appearances.

Biggest signing of the season was possibly Head of Youth Development Bernhard Peters, who will be integral in bringing through talent once I've improved youth facilities up to a competitive standard. Peters' stats are amazing, and he is a Model Professional.

Europe next season and a bit more money to spend means the squad can be upgraded, but I plan to do this steadily and build success around the current side. 

Edited by 2481

@2481 Welcome! Finally another Parma save I can follow :D

I just bought the game, but haven't installed it yet. Won't play my Parma save until after the Winter Updates, though. With Darmian and Kulusevski leaving I think :(

Does one of the 3 new signings have EU passports?

Can I have a look at the transfer history and the current squad screen with the first season selection info (apps, goals etc)?

28 minutes ago, quee said:

@2481 Welcome! Finally another Parma save I can follow :D

I just bought the game, but haven't installed it yet. Won't play my Parma save until after the Winter Updates, though. With Darmian and Kulusevski leaving I think :(

Does one of the 3 new signings have EU passports?

Can I have a look at the transfer history and the current squad screen with the first season selection info (apps, goals etc)?

Nice one mate! Kulusevksi was amazing in the first season, no chance of me signing him permanently at this stage though. Yup, Luis Abram has an Italian passport. 

I'm now almost finished the second season and don't think I have a screenshot of the first season stats unfortunately. I'll post the second season stats for sure though. 

Here's the transfer history for season one though. All players were signed for around£1.2 million plus decent instalment add-ons, to get around the limited first season budget.

466243361_ParmaSeason1Transfers.thumb.png.2373932a10a0b691707b597f741f033b.png

Edited by 2481

@2481 Very interesting that you didn't sell anybody, considering the age of the squad. I liked your approach in squad building, as it resembled what I usually tend to do as well. I rarely use instalments though for incoming transfers.

From your recollection, who were the best players/performers in the first season? Anybody surprising you compared to their suggested attributes?

What's your plan for the second season? Is there an option on Hernani to make it permanent?

Anybody playing as Juventus? I simply can't make my DoF place bids for players for my U23 team. Is there anything to do to help him along? He's set at all the relevant responsibilities, but he doesn't place a single bid. Plenty of cash to spare, and not a lot of players in the B squad, even though they are in a playable league.

14 hours ago, quee said:

@2481 Very interesting that you didn't sell anybody, considering the age of the squad. I liked your approach in squad building, as it resembled what I usually tend to do as well. I rarely use instalments though for incoming transfers.

From your recollection, who were the best players/performers in the first season? Anybody surprising you compared to their suggested attributes?

What's your plan for the second season? Is there an option on Hernani to make it permanent?

Yeah I decided against flogging off the older players this time around. Instalments are great when you've got limited funds but are pretty dangerous in the long term as you can totally cripple your next season's transfer budget! Best performers in the first season were Kulusevksi for sure, Bruno Alves (played really well right up to retirement), Pezzella, Inglese and Gervinho. Cortés was also impressive despite a slow start. 

My plan for the second season was to bring in some more under-19 players and continue to develop Cortés and Obando. Obando is the replacement for Kulusevski so he's got some big boots to fill. Hernani didn't really feature much in the first season so he went back to his parent club - Brugman, Grassi and Kucka performed better. A really good centre mid was a top priority for season two, particularly with Kucka getting on a bit age-wise.   

I've finished the second season now - update coming soon :)

Edited by 2481

Il 20/1/2020 in 19:16 , quee ha scritto:

What do you think?

God, I lost this message. Sorry! Btw yeah, I agree with you but I am curious how they would balance all those upgrades that imo he needs. 

*SPOILER CA*
Now his CA is 124, to give you an idea Zaniolo has 143, Hamed Junior Traoré 136, Karamoh 129, Chiesa 154 and Kean 133.

Btw if you want to check some attributes but you don't have FM20 you can check this (beautiful) site: https://fmdataba.com/ 

On 23/01/2020 at 12:57, quee said:

@2481 Did you try to persuade Bruno against retirement? In real life he doesn't seem to be thinking of retiring.

Nope, he's served his time in the trenches so I let him retire peacefully :)

Parma Season 2 Update (2020-21)

Serie A: 3rd

Coppa Italia: Semi-final (beaten 7-3 on aggregate by Juventus)

Europa League: Final (beaten 5-2 by Chelsea)

Players In: Exequiel Palacios (River Plate,£5.25M), Filip Stevanovic (Partizan Belgrade, £2.7M), Sondre Rossbach (Odd, £1M), Jessim Pellisard (FCSM, £600K), Sebastiano Esposito (Inter, loan)

Marquee signing Exequiel Palacios joined us for a modest fee and soon established himself as the focal point of the team in centre midfield. Rossbach was originally signed as cover but eventually usurped Sepe as first-choice goalkeeper. Stevanovic and Pellisard are ones for the future, only featuring in a handful of games over the season. 

Season 2 went really well, despite some absolute floggings here and there. Results went our way on the final day of the season meaning we finished 3rd, a considerable distance behind Juventus and Napoli who were unsurmountable up the top of the league. Napoli beat us every single game in Serie A this season, but we dispatched them 5-4 on aggregate in the Europa League to reach the final - only to be hammered by Chelsea. Overall though, a great performance from the squad but we really struggled depth-wise from the extra European fixtures. League form dipped considerably as the European run continued - we were actually top of the league at one point but a run of terrible form saw us drop right down. 

Brandon Cortés continued to flourish, finishing as top scorer with 34 goals from 47 appearances in all competitions. Obando proved to be a solid replacement for Kulesevski on the right, notching 18 assists. Palacios was the best player overall with an average rating of 7.71 and he's now valued at £40M!

159292855_ScreenShot2020-01-21at1_20_31pm.thumb.png.c6304b227376a6b430c6348b0013a4d7.png 842404135_ScreenShot2020-01-22at1_48_06pm.thumb.png.bbde09cddc3eddc6fe26a72221292a5c.png 

Squad and Transfers:

116853716_ScreenShot2020-01-22at2_50_20pm.thumb.png.bd68f68bd2e14bd2f4d64b735b79155d.png1270027830_ScreenShot2020-01-22at2_49_09pm.thumb.png.38c611645362eef3cbd0008a49657281.png 

Edited by 2481

On 01/02/2020 at 23:30, 2481 said:

Nope, he's served his time in the trenches so I let him retire peacefully :)

Parma Season 2 Update (2020-21)

Serie A: 3rd

Coppa Italia: Semi-final (beaten 7-3 on aggregate by Juventus)

Europa League: Final (beaten 5-2 by Chelsea)

Players In: Exequiel Palacios (River Plate,£5.25M), Filip Stevanovic (Partizan Belgrade, £2.7M), Sondre Rossbach (Odd, £1M), Jessim Pellisard (FCSM, £600K), Sebastiano Esposito (Inter, loan)

Marquee signing Exequiel Palacios joined us for a modest fee and soon established himself as the focal point of the team in centre midfield. Rossbach was originally signed as cover but eventually usurped Sepe as first-choice goalkeeper. Stevanovic and Pellisard are ones for the future, only featuring in a handful of games over the season. 

Season 2 went really well, despite some absolute floggings here and there. Results went our way on the final day of the season meaning we finished 3rd, a considerable distance behind Juventus and Napoli who were unsurmountable up the top of the league. Napoli beat us every single game in Serie A this season, but we dispatched them 5-4 on aggregate in the Europa League to reach the final - only to be hammered by Chelsea. Overall though, a great performance from the squad but we really struggled depth-wise from the extra European fixtures. League form dipped considerably as the European run continued - we were actually top of the league at one point but a run of terrible form saw us drop right down. 

Brandon Cortés continued to flourish, finishing as top scorer with 34 goals from 47 appearances in all competitions. Obando proved to be a solid replacement for Kulesevski on the right, notching 18 assists. Palacios was the best player overall with an average rating of 7.71 and he's now valued at £40M!

Delighted to see Cortés is going so well for you! Hasn't quite been that good for me at Kaiserslautern, however I have faith :D 

Going well with Parma, looking forward to seeing the return of the days of when I watched Football Italia, with Crespo, Baggio (Dino), Asprilla, Brolin and Buffon!

Edited by Stu_UBJ

7 hours ago, Stu_UBJ said:

Delighted to see Cortés is going so well for you! Hasn't quite been that good for me at Kaiserslautern, however I have faith :D 

Going well with Parma, looking forward to seeing the return of the days of when I watched Football Italia, with Crespo, Baggio (Dino), Asprilla, Brolin and Buffon!

Keep the faith for sure - he's been an absolute hero for Parma and Crespo's constantly bigging him up in the press :) I think he's probably my favourite FM/CM striker since Cherno Samba. He's started moving into channels a lot more and creating goals, there's definitely a winger-esque quality about him at times. I'm trying to rebuild Parma to be similar to that Football Italia-era team. Cortés is certainly the Crespo equivalent. I'll be on the lookout for an Italian wonderkid goalie and a tricky Colombian forward for sure :)

Here are my Season 3 first window transfers - squad building went well with £25M to spend. As with the last 2 seasons, most of these transfer fees were half up front and half in instalments. I'll most likely be relatively skint next season but hopefully won't have to bring many new players in.

40225327_ScreenShot2020-02-04at7_00_11pm.thumb.png.72c93e8265d465631a93765fe78eafae.png

Bruno Guimarães looks great and will partner Exequiel Palacios in central midfield - they complement each other perfectly. Aáron Martin is the new first-team left-back and Sebastiano Luperto will play alongside Luis Abram in central defence with promising youngster Lukas Mai providing cover. Bruno Zapelli is being retrained as a left inverted winger so it will be a while before he gets a regular game. Sebastiano Esposito returns on loan to provide competition for the ageing Inglese alongside young Liverpool loanee Rhian Brewster. I wish I could have cancelled Cornelius's pre-arranged transfer - he's a carthorse! I hope to sell him in the January window.

We're currently top of Serie A after winning all six of the opening fixtures - the recent acquisitions have definitely added a new level of quality compared with last season. Here's hoping they keep it up.

17 hours ago, quee said:

@2481 With how the January transfer window went, most of my main targets will be unavailable in the first few years :(

Bruno Guimaraes is one of them.

Yeah, I was happy I started this save before March :)  I'd never really heard of Guimarães until I stumbled upon him in this save. Palacios is away to Leverkusen as well, so that's him off the menu after the DB update too. Bummer!

@Ronaldo Beckham that's a good point as well.

After struggling to find something that interested me, I've settled for the most successful Italian club not in Serie A....

sI8XV2R.png

Founded 128 years ago, F.C Pro Vercelli 1892 are one of Italy's oldest and also most successful clubs. With 7 Italian titles to their name, they were very much the "elite" of early Italian football. However, the club have not tasted major success since their last title, back in 1921-22, making it almost a century! 

Located smack-bang in the middle of Italy's two major footballing cities, Milan and Turin, the club is certainly now in the shadow of it's illustrious neighbours. Can I change that bad fortune, and bring an end to a barren century? Time will tell....

OGZxS1p.pngmyugYT2.png8vSyTn5.png

Our lovely kits for the new save :) Wouldn't mind buying these!

0a206-57083852-ea1a-4c55-ab7b-32dc2c4243

To make sure we start pushing straight for the play-offs, we had to bring in a few players to bulk up the squad. 

Luca Baldassin adds some quality to MC, and I'm sure he'll improve. Antonino Gallo is the first of 4 loan signings, and will be our DL for the season. Marco Toscano I really hope will add a creative spark to our team, which is something we are lacking. Kaylen Hinds is a fantastic loan signing for this level, and I am sure that he will be a star. Samuele Ricci is our final loan signing, and will add some depth to midfield. The final four signings are DoF signings, who may or may not progress. 

0a206-2335c07f-01ea-4f46-8f73-2f337968b6

A solid pre-season, with plenty of good wins and goals. Plus  into the 3rd qualifier for the Coppa Italia.

One thing I've noticed, not sure if it has been mentioned already or if it just on my save, but AI managed Italian clubs seem to be buying much better this year then previous versions.

For example I usually manage Inter Milan, and found after the first January transfer window it becomes very easy to catch Juventus as they've sold off the likes of Dybala and Pjanic and replaced them with for example Fellaini (Not dising Fellaini ; has his good points).

I'm into my 3rd season OK I'm 14 clear (more due to my awesomness) but Juventus and Lazio have actually bought some really decent players while actually keeping their better players.

For example Juventus, brought in Haaland to replace Higuian (out bid me for him) and still have Dybala, They also have been very clever with free transfers bringing in Cavani who they have now sold for profit, as well as Meunier.

As for Lazio they've kept Immobile and Correa, they sold Savic to Barcelona for about 100m in the 3rd season summer window and replaced him with Bruno Guimaraes which is decent bit of business.

Anyone else seeing similar or am just kind of lucky.

My team by the way I play a 4-2-3-1

GKs: 

Geronimo Rulli - brought in start of 3rd season for €35m to replace the retiring Handanovic .

Ionut Radu- very able backup and plays all my cup games- of course Home grown- shared keeping duties with Handi in 2nd season after he came back from Genoa

CB:

Milan Skriniar- still the heartbeat of my defence- vice captain too, Barcelona unsettled him midway through the 2nd season but I managed to keep hold of him and thankfully he signed a new contract start of 3rd season, had become unsettled again when PSG came in for him but i've promised him that he'll be a guide to the younger players coming to through

Ruben Dias- his partner in crime in my back 4 - brought Ruben in for €40m from Benfica has been very good,  bit injury prone but thankfully nothing too major, loves a booking though (think his aggression is 17 or 18 which explains it)

Stefan de Vrij - another rock at the back but and very capable of coming in to replace Dias when he is out, though I may look to cash in come the summer given I want have Bastoni (currently on loan to Roma) come back into the team 

Zinho Vanheusden-  brought the Belgian back to the club for his €18m buyback clause again very capable and will improve still, home grown too which is great.

FB:

Cristiano Biraghi- I've seen mixed reviews of Biraghi but he has been brilliant for me, another home grown player too

Federico Dimarco- Spend the first year out on loan but decided to give him a chance in the second and he has been brilliant , i'm still rotating between him and Biraghi but he is starting to become a potential world class full back. Home grown too

Pol Lirola- €32 from Fiorentina start of 3rd season had to spend big to get him in but has slotted in very nicely

Claud Adjapong- Another I had to spend a bit on think it was €16m but after selling both Dani Ambro(who was amazing for me first two seasons but now 34 ) and Lazaro for €45m to Swansea (YES SWANSEA!!) I needed cover for Lirola I wanted to go Italian and young so Claud came in, the fans and board were initially a little confused by this one but he has proven to be a success.

CM:

Exequiel Palacios- picked him up in January 2nd season for his ridiculous €6m buyout clause after Vecino went to china for about €40m, what can I say they people don't already know about this lad.

Stefano Sensi- his rotation at DLP/AP in my team is Sensi both are brilliant for me, 

Nicolo Barella- has been immense as my B2B so much I made him captain at the start of 3rd season, has developed in a World Class player capable of playing any role in the midfield 

Marcelo Brozovic- despite flutters of offers I've managed to keep hold of him, is my 3rd Captain and is able deputy to Barella when he needs a rest (and when he was out for 2 months with a knee injury) did complain about lack of game time and I was tempted to let him go but Barella's injury seen him get the gametime to make him happy and me because he played brilliantly.

Roberto Gagliardini- is unfortunately the forgotten man in my midfield still of course capable to fill in when needed, but hasn't featured much, he may be moving on come the summer window, which does make me a little sad as he is a player I have a lot for admiration for due to his brilliance in previous FMs (think it was FM18 he could play any role in the midfield and give 8+ rating every game)

AM:

Christian Eriksen- brought him in on a free start of 2nd season was key to my title in 2nd season and equally key during the 3rd season too.

Dani Olmo- The wonderkid I think everyone got, capable of playing anywhere in my 3 attacking places really pushing Eriksen now, so my 4th season will be interesting to juggle the two.

WING

Wilfried Zaha- bought for €40m in 2nd season summer  from Palace where he requested to leave, has been a sensation scoring goals for fun at times as my Inside Forward Attack on the left, has attracted a lot of interest from China and both Manchester clubs so may be another who i'll be thinking about come the summer window

Josip Brekalo- €16m from Wolfsburg after they were relegated in first season I has initially brought him in to start but then brought in Zaha but still has done very well when needed will be my number choice on left wing should Zaha leave in the summer.

Jeremy Doku- the young starlet on the left still has time to develop brought in during my first season for about €20m has only played a few games as I don't want to rush him in but has scored some vital goals when he has come in including the winner against Lazio this season, might be due a loan in the summer if I don't sell Zaha.

Gabriel Barbosa- my player of the season in my 2nd season despite Lautaro Martinez scoring 37 goals, not sure who said he can't play Right Wing but he has been phenomenal for me as a Inverted Winger Support, assisting and scoring very important goals.

Riccardo Orsolini- After letting an unhappy Politano leave in the summer I took advantage of the €5m relegation clause Orsolini has at Bologna. not been brilliant but happy to be backup to Gabi which Politano constantly complained.

CF:

Lautaro Martinez- WOW this lad was amazing brilliant is first when I play a 3-5-2 alongside Lukaku/ Belotti and was just sensational when I changed to 1 up top in the 2nd scoring 37 goals, hasn't quite reached same heights this season but still my number 1, attracted a lot of interest from Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSG, Man City but thankfully I managed to keep hold of him and got him to sign a new contract with a 500M buyout clause which will be the only way he'll leave.

Sebastiano Esposito: So Iike to give youth a chance and after selling both Lukaku and Belotti to china for a combined €120m I decided it was Sebas time after two successful loan spells in the first two years the first he kept Parma in the league the second he was key to Young Boys reaching the quarter final of the Europa League.

Pietro Pellegri- Transfer listed by request €42m might be a lot on a 20 year old (so my board think anyway ) but I have faith he will be pay that back.

Eddy Salcedo- I include him even though I sent him out on loan in January had a great spell on loan during my 2nd season where he got young player of the year with Sampdoria, I've sent him to Genoa this time after giving him a run during the first 6 months of season 3, he was just more the one I thought would more benefit from week in week out football (has already helped me out by scoring a last minute equaliser against Juventus in Turin ;-) )

As said I'm very happy with my team and unless I sell I'm not sure it will change much in the 4th season. I even have the likes of Xian Emmers, Thomas Schiro and Tibo Persyn who have done very well whilst on loan the last 3 years to come in to challenge for places.

Just over half way through first season wth Pro Vercelli. We've got the best defence in the league, and 3rd most potent attack. 

utgrHgX.png

Currently edging ahead at the top, with a bit of luck - Monza, Siena and Novara are the favourites for promotion spots, however they're all trailing behind. 

Qhu57RY.png

Really good overall form - we've made ourselves hard to beat, and have only failed to score once. I'm hoping this will lead to promotion...

Despite Hinds and Comi leading the way up top, it is our RWB that's been our best player; 

LP4YJRj.png

Iezzi has 5 goals and 5 assists, and defensively solid, he's oushone everyone else.

Just one winter signing for us, a loan signing - 

4kANdmt.png

Hamza Rafia is a really good AMC for this level. We changed tactic to a 5-3-2 after a few games, and we've really been doing well. However, we've had to play Raoul Mal, who is not an AMC. He's performed well, but now that we have a proper AMC, I am confident we can push on for Serie B

@lblanc I think AI in general seems to have a bit more sense on FM20. Over a couple of saves, they're making sensible transfers that actually make them better, rather than selling big between the big clubs, and making strange acquisitions.

wVWhE3V.png

iG7OQyA.png

With 5 game still to go, it means I can ease off...but I want 90+ points!

We sealed our promotion by defeating 2nd place Carrarese 5-1, our best performance by a long way this seasons.

32t6oCC.png

We're currently spending £38k per week, so we do have a nice increase there for the next division. Also, with the £5k wage cap in Serie B, I've got wages to bring in up to 6 players, before I start getting rid of some of the players currently at the club. £114k is not much, however, I can adjust our transfer budget to well over £1m with the wage budget adjusted. We will still be unable to sign nonEU players from outside of Italy, but I'm looking to bring in some overlooked young Italians from Serie A clubs, where they are probably not going to be given the chance. Plus some loan signings and a bargain or two :D 

On 11/02/2020 at 17:36, john1 said:

Congrats on your promotion @Stu_UBJ :cool: 

I am tempted to manage in Italy as well but going to wait til winter update comes out first :thup: 

What is it your waiting for from the winter update? The new transfers etc? There’s several websites that keep the transfers as up to date as possible and if you disable the first transfer window its basically a real life save. Also the new match engine is the best its been currently.

8 minuti fa, WilsonJuve ha scritto:

What is it your waiting for from the winter update? The new transfers etc? There’s several websites that keep the transfers as up to date as possible and if you disable the first transfer window its basically a real life save. Also the new match engine is the best its been currently.

Personally the attributes upgrade :) 

4 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

:rolleyes: I am not waiting for anything :thup: