zlatanera

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I am looking forward to you doing your Parma save @quee

I might do a Parma save this year as I have always had a soft spot for them, I got to try sign Lilian Thuram and Enrico Chiesa's sons to carry on the family tradition. I wonder if Faustino Asprilla has a son that is decent lol.

You've been following my FM19 updates? :D 

I outlined my plan for FM20 last year, and one of them was to get both Thuram's sons and Chiesa's son join Parma like their fathers. Chiesa will be hard though, as he would have moved on in the first few seasons. Thuram's sons are realistic targets, hoped they had an ability upgrade compared to FM19.

1 hour ago, quee said:

You've been following my FM19 updates? :D 

I outlined my plan for FM20 last year, and one of them was to get both Thuram's sons and Chiesa's son join Parma like their fathers. Chiesa will be hard though, as he would have moved on in the first few seasons. Thuram's sons are realistic targets, hoped they had an ability upgrade compared to FM19.

You could try find a Crespo, Zola and Veron and pretend they are related to the famous Parma legends lol.

10 ore fa, quee ha scritto:

@ParanoidBuddha I've updated my facepacks, downloaded the new TCM '20 logos (not sure if they are any difference to the '19 version, though), etc.

Is there anything else I should do before starting? Deleted the dbc, inc, edt files and downloaded the real names fix.

I read that Japan will not call local-based players for their National team? Is there a workaround?

I seemed to read there were a few things to do before starting FM20 when browsing the topic, now I can't recall all of them :lol:

Did you start? With the last sourtoutsi files Japan should be ok :) 

1 minute ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Did you start? With the last sourtoutsi files Japan should be ok :) 

I'm at the setup page now. I find that players based in Japan doesn't exist in game, unless I used 3rd party edit. As I stated before, I want to find my next Nakata. Hoping it would be Minamino but I think he would be too expensive for Parma now. Might just get one Japanese player of any position, I guess.

As of now, I have 123k+ players already, so I don't think I need it :lol: 12 leagues from 10 countries (only Italy from Serie C).

Half a star speed predicted, will see if I can play this now :D

I can understand now why people are saying the ME is unplayable..

My fullback just got his 3rd straight 0% cross completion but 100% finding the shins of the opposition fullback!

More offsides for fullbacks in a match than the forwards in 3 months combined.

Unbelievable!

Tell me this will get better and it's worth it? I'm in October and already feel like I can't play the game :(

Quick question. 

I've just finished second session with Brescia, winning it. Got a budget of 13m for next season with champs league too. 

Is Serie A sustainable like the prem??

Having had lots of success with Wolves the money just pours in, even reserve players would be worth 20-30m with Wolves save. My best player is currently worth 8.5m 🙈

On 13/03/2020 at 05:23, quee said:

As I stated before, I want to find my next Nakata. Hoping it would be Minamino but I think he would be too expensive for Parma now.

Minamino and Shoya Nakajima end up transfer listed for around 10m super quick.

8 hours ago, Something said:

Same here.

I'm doing pretty well in my first season in charge of Roma, 1st place so far on the league, quarter finals of Europa League. Zaniolo is a beast!

12 hours ago, Something said:

I did try for Nakajima in FM19 (he was still in Qatar?), when his contract ran out he refused to even negotiate with me (7/8 years into the game I think). So, he stayed in Qatar on a month-to-month contract on £100k p/w, I think. Was like that for 2/3 years before he got too old to be of interest (33+ I think).

I'm actually leaning more towards Tomiyasu now. I'm going to restart my save after 3 months in. I played comprehensive highlights and its annoyed and frustrate me a lot, towards the end, playing on key highlights only reduced it a bit. I was 15th when I stopped, so I have low expectancy again 2nd time around.

Kulusevski was useless playing on the RW.

Finally got back into FM and played my first season on FM20 during the past four days. Chose Modena for my first club, don't know why (so many choices in Serie C) and we had a great season. After we shamefully crashed out of Coppa Italia.

fa1c399b668ba737f0ab2108501df736.png

Promoted as champions as we walked the league. Triestina and Vicenza pushed us for a while but they felled behind somewhere during February.

b0b580797d832a9f30da1d78eeef91ec.png

a850b60b27181654ecee3da6041db95b.png

2a528e708f8c6c13310bde705532df9e.png

Bruno was easily our player of the year. Had few dry spells but he was always dangerous in the final third. We'll see how he'll cope in Serie B. Kept nearly 70% of the squad, foolishly overpaid for quite few of them so i don't know what we'll do in the market. Perhaps few loan spells to round out the squad and that's about it.

Well here is the season 2 update. They say a picture says a thousand words.........
991207FF034FFB92D8ED44334EA080E13745E3DB
Quite simply brilliant. We dominated the league from start to finish and managed to get our 2nd Promotion and League title in 2 seasons. I didnt even expect to get in the top 6 never mind dominate like we did. (Suprising performance from CHIEVO)
None of this would have been possible without our fantastic loan additions. Pepin, Salvatore Esposito, Gabriel Martinelli, Eddie Salcedo and Troy Parrott. This is hands down the best start to a football manager career I have ever had and I have been playing since the old championship manager days. Here is the player stats for the season.
2C5F83F6E5511178DC591F4D06E9B5C4F16C4BA1
Getting to Serie A was the ultimate dream but now that its finally here Im not sure where it leaves me. The loan stars are all returning to there parent clubs and apart from 2-3 players the rest of the squad is going to be way too poor for the top flight. Add to that the board are only giving me £7m to spend and around £80,000 to spend on new wages the job may be too much. There also sticking a salary cap of £19,000 for the top flight pricing us out of any decent free signings coming up. Going to have a massive decision to make before the season kicks off.

Well this decision just became a lot harder. I have a connection with the club and would love to continue, I just feel the restrictions in place would really hamper me going forward.
This is the Serie A table from the season we just finished.
DDEFFD5FB7A43549B2EA2780F43550A54549C3C5
West Ham sacked there manager at the end of the campaign and ended up appointing Claudio Ranieri. This has freed up the Sampdoria Role. Amazingly they managed to clinch a Champions League position last season and after a cheeky application they want me to take over. Oddly there team is poor quality but a lot stronger than Monza. Will have £20m to spend to strengthen and no silly wage restriction.
Unbelievably all there asking is Mid-table next season then Maintain top half finish for the next 4 years.
Do I throw away my one club save and give away 2 years of hard work because of silly chairman restrictions?
Whatever happens you will find out about it around the halfway stage of my next season update.

525b40d003705b912df813592d46848e.png

Second season completed at Modena and second promotion in a row. Title slipped from our hands as Cagliari turned on god mode with us stupidly dropping points in the last two games. Still, can't complain, brilliant season is behind us and we'll have to prepare for our Calcio debut.

Lots of business during past summer as we worked our way through freebies and loan market. One player you can't see in there was Ki-Jana Hoever, who came during deadline day on six months long loan because Neco Williams got injured for two and so months.

262ce66c71d00ed61d4956792863b4a3.png

3cefaca28b56d51ca464e8cae78c82cb.png

Marchizza, Cirkin, Carraro and Batista Meier will remain with us for the coming season. Spine of the team is in there, i might sign few players to complete our roster (got a 9mill TB to do so) but main XI won't change that much. We're in good shape and should do well enough to fulfill board's requirements and survive in Serie A.

Well done on back to back promotions. Managed it with monza but board were really tight after promotion to Serie A. What’s the maximum wage you can offer players? I also relied too much on loans for the 2nd promotion due to the club not giving me enough funds or wage balance to keep my best players and bring more faces in. 

2 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

Well done on back to back promotions. Managed it with monza but board were really tight after promotion to Serie A. What’s the maximum wage you can offer players? I also relied too much on loans for the 2nd promotion due to the club not giving me enough funds or wage balance to keep my best players and bring more faces in. 

Thanks. Maximum wage i can offer star players is 14k per week, way lower than i would've liked. Working loan market once more, hoping to pick up few talented Italians and hope for the best. :D

First season in top flight is always struggle but should we survive, it'll become easier.

Second season with Parma and Serie A title :D

1609090126_Parmatable.thumb.PNG.eefdb738b066a2bc97f15606db9324e2.PNG

As you see Juve, Inter and Napoli had a rough season. We lost to Inter in the Coppa Italias final.

In Champions League (as we finished 4th in 1st season), we were knock out by Man City 6-3 aggregate.

I used differents tactics but mostly:

tactic.thumb.PNG.2d3623b0a31b70a56b4e2303bc7a79ee.PNG

Top scorers/assist :

2081735307_scorerandassist.thumb.PNG.28f6d77460170b66ca6d08127cf1a18c.PNG

Kostas Tsimikas was easily our player of the season with 22 assists and 3 goals with great defensive performance.

21 hours ago, CRN711 said:

Second season with Parma and Serie A title :D

1609090126_Parmatable.thumb.PNG.eefdb738b066a2bc97f15606db9324e2.PNG

As you see Juve, Inter and Napoli had a rough season. We lost to Inter in the Coppa Italias final.

In Champions League (as we finished 4th in 1st season), we were knock out by Man City 6-3 aggregate.

I used differents tactics but mostly:

tactic.thumb.PNG.2d3623b0a31b70a56b4e2303bc7a79ee.PNG

Top scorers/assist :

2081735307_scorerandassist.thumb.PNG.28f6d77460170b66ca6d08127cf1a18c.PNG

Kostas Tsimikas was easily our player of the season with 22 assists and 3 goals with great defensive performance.

Just saw your reply in the other topic, how much transfer budget did you get for your 2nd season?

Lots of players' turnover, surprised with that tbh.

I don't remember exactly how much, was around 20M€.

Lot of turnover yeah but I think that was a need. There was a lot of players transfer listed that I went for: Perin, Schiappacasse, Varnier, Bentaleb and Schick. Plus, the sales of Inglese (17M€) and Grassi (10M€) helped a lot. I wasn't expected to get that much for Inglese.

In August 2021, only bought 4 players:

• Gabriele Corbo - 10.25M€
  • Leonidas Stergiou - 15,75M€
  • Adam Hlozek - 15.5M€
  • Blaise Matuidi - Free but crazy wages

Sold Kurtic to Al-Wahda for 6.25M and Gervinho to Aston Villa for 4.5M€. Also lost Simone Iacoponi who retired.

Edited by CRN711

On 01/04/2020 at 03:31, CRN711 said:

I don't remember exactly how much, was around 20M€.

Lot of turnover yeah but I think that was a need. There was a lot of players transfer listed that I went for: Perin, Schiappacasse, Varnier, Bentaleb and Schick. Plus, the sales of Inglese (17M€) and Grassi (10M€) helped a lot. I wasn't expected to get that much for Inglese.

In August 2021, only bought 4 players:

• Gabriele Corbo - 10.25M€
  • Leonidas Stergiou - 15,75M€
  • Adam Hlozek - 15.5M€
  • Blaise Matuidi - Free but crazy wages

Sold Kurtic to Al-Wahda for 6.25M and Gervinho to Aston Villa for 4.5M€. Also lost Simone Iacoponi who retired.

Did you play with first window disabled? I'm wondering if you get any transfer budget at all for January in the first season?

What I have to do to have my club attendance get higher? I'm the title holder and going to win the second title in a row and my club attendance is just 60% of the capacity.

Il y a 4 heures, quee a dit :

Did you play with first window disabled? I'm wondering if you get any transfer budget at all for January in the first season?

Don't remember but I didn't buy anyone in first season.

September of third season was hard. Got on a run of 4 red cards in 3 games and only won 1/6 games. October is starting better though.

image.thumb.png.7ece7c085b6156635ed2db65d4809daf.png

6 hours ago, CRN711 said:

Don't remember but I didn't buy anyone in first season.

Can confirmed there's no new budget given. £1.9m just appeared upon checking, though I wasn't sure when this was given as there's no message about it. With first transfer window disabled, the game of course started with £0 budget.

Can only hope to do some loan signing now, I think.

Just quick update on my Modena save. Five seasons in, three of which were in Serie A and we're making steady progress. Still trophy-less but we're on the uphill.

e17dabb446821d42eee0f3c068304180.png

First year in top flight, never in danger of getting relegated but we also never were game for Europe. Top half was class apart.

Season that followed, i got a chance to bring together Geubbels and Vlahovic, a duo on which i spent 98% of our transfer budget which forced me to switch to 4-4-2 but it was worth it in the end since they propelled us to our best finish ever. 

07a89968684ffd04ab26114d79d15ace.png

And gifted us with Champions League debut.

Last but not least, in season that just ended we pushed our boundaries and with points we collected, we would've won Serie A all but once since this save started. We had a brilliant season but Inter had better one.

36c291de1b7e3ab15f18a8eedae69eee.png

5b44ba006862267ead8eaf927da830ef.png

Speechless... Brutal season for Marcelino and his men who won domestic triple. As for us, we can only try again next year. Board just announced new stadium which will put strain on our resources but we have a bright young side and most likely won't have to buy anyone unless we sell first.

4f184030706b2666ce329f6303a308cd.png

And in the end, few players that should carry us in years to come.

c9fc0810225a7e963e86556fca8f55e5.png

Future #1, still behind Cucchieti in the pecking order but that will change in the coming year.

75e724e505972683b4828464016a206d.png

c7edca83f7e70d9ea451ac1597e3ead6.png

Makengo arrived during winter and they still haven't played together but that is destined to happen sooner rather than later.

4fd4d28838bbcc5b9e6433bfb04f90b9.png

Foggia born and bred, one of the three most talented Italian fullbacks.

f1088e4d2370c3b50dc1e0b3edc85b24.png

Heart and soul of our midfield.

8b90b5d7744541c17cb8a488aaa63eaf.png

Paid Lecce 10m for this lad. Haven't really wooed me this year but time works for him.

e6fa758f1a528189072e20233562d7ef.png

Got his starting XI spot when Vlahovic went to Atletico in January, young Argentine outshined inconsistent Guebbels and ended up as our top scorer.

Edited by Constantine

3 minutes ago, quee said:

Any chance you can post a screenshot of the latest Parma squad, @Constantine?

Lots of regens already for you after 5 seasons? Only recognised 4 real players name, plus Beazza the one you posted.

Sure.

3e57ee4d7d6d2af3826471af3bb3d556.png

3ae1b308c7c664b2ca5d1d8db2bb5a93.png

Per my count, we have 12 real players (six of which were with us in Serie B) and 10 regens currently in the squad. Seven out of those ten came during this year with Ruben, Acquafresca and Bergamaschi (loanee from Man City) all coming year before.

Thanks @Constantine.

Just wondering if too many regens was because of lack of transfer budget available or real players costing too much, since it's only 5 years in.

I'm worried I won't get to build my Parma team if that is the case :D Only in January first season now, thinking what I can do with £1.9m for the past 2 days :lol:

I'm familiar with 18 of those Parma players, those who started with them at the start. Some haven't developed it seems.

@quee Are you doing a Parma save this year then.

I am in my 3rd season with Parma and having the most fun save I have had in years.

I got 3rd place in my 2nd season. 

I am currently struggling in 10th place in my 3rd season.

My main player and my new favourite player on FM ever is Roberto Inglese. What a great striker. Scored 30 plus goals every season.

40 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

@quee Are you doing a Parma save this year then.

I am in my 3rd season with Parma and having the most fun save I have had in years.

I got 3rd place in my 2nd season. 

I am currently struggling in 10th place in my 3rd season.

My main player and my new favourite player on FM ever is Roberto Inglese. What a great striker. Scored 30 plus goals every season.

Yes, half way through March at the moment.

This literally just happened two minutes ago :seagull::seagull::seagull:

Spoiler

876025824_Screenshot2020-04-0420_36_18.thumb.png.e549db0ff357e285046524500bf3d8f8.png

:(

Will do some update later today or tomorrow. Need to walk around for 30 minutes after that rage :(

Nemecha from Man City and Ebrima Colley have been some good signings for me in my Parma save.

I even bought back Roberto Insigne.

Oh @quee I managed to bring back Buffon for half a season. I was going to have transition into a GK coach role but his staff attributes were rubbish.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

On 22/03/2020 at 17:31, WilsonJuve said:

Well this decision just became a lot harder. I have a connection with the club and would love to continue, I just feel the restrictions in place would really hamper me going forward.
This is the Serie A table from the season we just finished.
DDEFFD5FB7A43549B2EA2780F43550A54549C3C5
West Ham sacked there manager at the end of the campaign and ended up appointing Claudio Ranieri. This has freed up the Sampdoria Role. Amazingly they managed to clinch a Champions League position last season and after a cheeky application they want me to take over. Oddly there team is poor quality but a lot stronger than Monza. Will have £20m to spend to strengthen and no silly wage restriction.
Unbelievably all there asking is Mid-table next season then Maintain top half finish for the next 4 years.
Do I throw away my one club save and give away 2 years of hard work because of silly chairman restrictions?
Whatever happens you will find out about it around the halfway stage of my next season update.

Well here is the update!!!

After some hard consideration I decided against taking the Sampdoria role and to stick with the club I acheived back to back promotions with. The start to the season was a bit of a struggle but we have gained a slight bit of momentum and even managed some massive results as seen in the screeshot below.
0B7FDDC17C30AB73F10AD0CD199CBFA31E745C28
As for transfers the club set the max wage at around 18k per week severly restricting our options. Thankfully Martinelli, Parrott and Salcedo were all happy to come back for another season on loan. Gliozzi was an arranged transfer before I took over. And we picked up Real Madrid Castilla player Manu Hernando on a free transer when his contract ran out. Lasse Vigen was cheap and slotted straight into a starting midfield role. Whilst Petrazzuolo is a regen who was linked with teams like Man utd, Inter Milan etc. Set us back around £6k per week in wages at only 17 hopefully the gamble will pay off. Also Broke the clubs record transfer with a regen GK from Brescia Mattia Bianconi. He seems to be developing really well and should be the keeper for many years to come.
7B1AB345623E7C89319F4BB1700CAD42BE5F1F00
Heres a screenshot of Bianconi. He already plays at U19 level.
0B4B4EF8EBD1CE4A646D7F71BA01B4788C65B479
But as usual this game loves to throw a beautiful curveball my way. Things are going well and the form has picked up. But then a job offer becomes available and I get offered the role.......
97B1CB386F27A446E434A7332CE100EF45E32943
Just look at that transfer budget :eek: and the wage budget on top there currently 750k p/w under which could easily be lowered further by selling unwanted marquee players. Would also give me a massive oppurtinity to raise my profie further with league title ete. The choice is stay at monza and try to grow over the next 5 seasons or so. Or jump ship with the crazy money being offered and return to Italy in the future.

6 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

This is just awful ME at work.

66, 61 and 53 goals for top3 teams. Really low number of points total. Only one player with more than 20 goals.

He wasn't playing in the league so the games aren't simulated by the ME.  But any excuse for another pointless moan.

7 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

This is just awful ME at work.

66, 61 and 53 goals for top3 teams. Really low number of points total. Only one player with more than 20 goals.

Yes they are quite low. Tends to be if the player isnt managing in that paricular league the teams tend to do worse.

1 minute ago, s1111 said:

He wasn't playing in the league so the games aren't simulated by the ME.  But any excuse for another pointless moan.

(Was writing this as you replied)

2 hours ago, WilsonJuve said:

But as usual this game loves to throw a beautiful curveball my way. Things are going well and the form has picked up. But then a job offer becomes available and I get offered the role.......
97B1CB386F27A446E434A7332CE100EF45E32943
Just look at that transfer budget :eek: and the wage budget on top there currently 750k p/w under which could easily be lowered further by selling unwanted marquee players. Would also give me a massive oppurtinity to raise my profie further with league title ete. The choice is stay at monza and try to grow over the next 5 seasons or so. Or jump ship with the crazy money being offered and return to Italy in the future.

Wow! Never seen this before. Would be curious to see how it goes if you do it, and if it's possible to use it as a stepping stone to a top European club.

13 minutes ago, Weston said:

Wow! Never seen this before. Would be curious to see how it goes if you do it, and if it's possible to use it as a stepping stone to a top European club.

Yeah im just not sure what to do with the save! I mean back to back titles with Monza and now doing ok so far in the top flight has been fun. I feel a desire to make it a one club save but also as you say my reputation would rocket by cleaning up in china year on year and I could go to a top european club. Or the ultimate aim become Juventus manager. I have left the save for the rest of today as I dont wanna rush the decision.

3 minutes ago, WilsonJuve said:

Yeah im just not sure what to do with the save! I mean back to back titles with Monza and now doing ok so far in the top flight has been fun. I feel a desire to make it a one club save but also as you say my reputation would rocket by cleaning up in china year on year and I could go to a top european club. Or the ultimate aim become Juventus manager. I have left the save for the rest of today as I dont wanna rush the decision.

In FM17 I took Parma from Serie C to Serie A with back-to-back promotions. Then in FM18 I took Catania from Serie C to Serie A with back-to-back promotions. Then in FM19 I took Bari from Serie D to Serie A with back-to-back promotions. Now in FM20 I'm taking Bari from Serie C to Serie A.

Each of the previous three times I've had the ultimate end goal of becoming the Juventus manager, and each of those times they rejected my application and I ended up at Milan instead, where I replaced Juve as the dominant Italian club and defended my title until I got bored and stopped playing entirely. We'll see what happens this time when I get up to A in 6 game months - I'm top of B in December at the moment.

You usually hit a point where, due to financial reasons, you can't take your current club to the next level, but not always. I got Bari into the Champions League and was doing quite well, but I think there's also a lingering fear in the back of my mind that if I did get my provincial club to the scudetto it would feel unrealistic? I don't know.

I still dream of becoming Juve manager someday, but I've never been brave enough to leave Italy...

To add to that, I also get up the pyramid by using a lot of loans, which is not always the most sustainable strategy, but also never turns out as badly as some suggest. In the past I've had amazing and young players that I grew very attached to and was scared of losing and being unable to adequately replace, so as unkind as it may be, I actually left to Milan almost solely so I could turn around and buy two of my own star players and take them with me, as opposed to letting them leave me for PSG or something. Something to consider if you have players you love that you fear you can't hold on to - if you have strong relationships with them they may follow you, especially if you've been forced into giving them release clauses you can then activate from the other side.

EDIT: Another thing to consider, too, is the fact that, unless the bug is back, you are not allowed to manage two clubs in the same Italian league in the same season. So, if you really want to push for Juve, it will be harder whilst at Monza as you will have to hope that the job vacancy lines up with the offseason and does not occur during the season (though if it's close to the end you may be able to sign a contract starting in a month or two). If you're in China, you can transfer to Juve at any time.

Edited by Weston

1 hour ago, quee said:

I thought it is an Italian rule rather than a bug?

It is an Italian rule that you cannot manage more than one club in the same league in the same season, however there has been a bug in the past that allowed you to do so anyway. I assume it's been fixed now, but I haven't tested it myself in FM20.

Have never managed in Italy before but after getting fed up with France with my Rennes and Auxerre saves in FM20 I thought I’d try pastures new. 

I’ve decided to start a Torino save and they have VERY little depth and a bizarre amount of terrible players loaned in. Is the insane amount of loan players a standard thing in Italy?

36 minutes ago, Matt_1979 said:

Is the insane amount of loan players a standard thing in Italy?

Yup, how the smaller clubs fill in their rosters and just enough to survive each season.