Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

The thing is simple. I bought the game from Steam, only because they said that at Friday the 14th on 00:01 we will finally be able to play this long anticipated game.

IF for SOME reason i wont be able to load the game at 00:02 im asking for a ****ING refund and gonna buy it from a shop cheaper than i did with the tax they had and stuff. Simply because they didnt offer wat they said they would.

Cheers

Can Sigames ensure that we can activate the game via steam at 00:01 on the 14th? I've been waiting for this game for a lang time and I really want to play it. I payed a bit more and even paid taxes to the americans so they can go and wage wars or something or give it to the rich(yes i hate america). Please sigames, I've been a loyal client I've bought all your football manager games where ussualy I just download everything. I love the quality you provide both in your games as in your services to the FM community but not getting the "advantages" I just paid for would really suck. Please give me some ensurance I can play the game tonight and tomorrow.

thx in advance

dont no why everyones moaning its still not passed 14th nov just wait 3 and a half hours u have waited a year all ready most people dont have it. one minute your all moaning for them to release the patch and let people activate the game and now your moaning about it give them a break.

If you had bothered to read the thread you would see that people are not complaining about the 14th release date, people want to know why Steam is still saying 1 day and 1 hour until release. i.e. nearly the 15th. get your facts straight before you mouth off.

Well I have 7 0's or o's in my code plus 1 potenial 1 or I, AFter an hour and half of trying to remember what combinations Ive tried I GIVE UP. I have been an avid FM fan since the first versions and am seriously considering returning my copy and not bothering

Sega's support number doesnt answer and they dont have the common decency to put a message saying there shut!!

Can someone from SI or Sega please tell me how I can get the game installled?

Have tried both Steam and Unihoc but cant read my code :-( :-(

well done looks like there's light at the end of the tunnel with this patch. thanks for this because i was thinking i wouldn't be able to play the game but you have fixed the problem:D.and unlike most people will be able to wait intill tomorrow without going mental:thup:

now go and have a rest with a beer and a game of fm:p you deserve it

well this is weird i just applied the patch thinking it was for the demo, to the demo, and now when i try to load the demo it is asking me for my serial key to the (what i can only imagine is the full game) which obviously i dont have yet as steam is telling me i cannott download the game for another four days, does this mean that in having the demo files with the patch on top that i now have the full game and i just need to await my cd key from steam?? or is it just a strange bit of a coinsdence oh yes and the files amount to around 1.7 gig of disk space (the demo files) which i was sure thats around the amount miles sed the full game would be , could be wrong though!

Martin

Yeah thanks so much SI. If I was not in North America I might actually care. To bad we were lied to and do not get to download the game until Monday. That is unless they push the release back even further like they have in other years. So once again, I say thank you for nothing SI.

I just got home and I'm a bit lost.

I pre-ordered the game through Steam. Yesterday when I looked it said it would activate in 1 day and 1 hour. Now, almost 24 hours later, it says the same.

Is there something I'm missing about the activation?

Thanks!

Well I have 7 0's or o's in my code plus 1 potenial 1 or I, AFter an hour and half of trying to remember what combinations Ive tried I GIVE UP. I have been an avid FM fan since the first versions and am seriously considering returning my copy and not bothering

Sega's support number doesnt answer and they dont have the common decency to put a message saying there shut!!

Thats shocking, i cant believe there's no way they could differentiate between certain letters and numbers, theres NO way of telling between a zero and the letter o . Fortunately i only had 3 so thats not may combinations to try and got it 3rd time but this is a massive mistake to make, ALOT of people could have problems wih this

Okay. If possible, could someone answer this question.

It's 6pm on Friday 14th November and Mr.7077 is holding a boxed copy of Football Manager 2009. He wants to authenticate it through STEAM and take the automatic patch. What does he have to do?

i think there might be an actual problem in the activation screen itself. none of the 'paste, next or cancel' options actually work when i click them? are they supposed to be buttons because i dont see them as such? also the bit at the top says online activation twice and the words are overlapping eachother

What is going on in Australia!!!! it is now 2 and half hours past the 6 EDT stated time of the servers opening and i still cant get my game to activate!

some comfirmation from SI would be good about now as to what the hell is going on!!!

Thats shocking, i cant believe there's no way they could differentiate between certain letters and numbers, theres NO way of telling between a zero and the letter o . Fortunately i only had 3 so thats not may combinations to try and got it 3rd time but this is a massive mistake to make, ALOT of people could have problems wih this

Your not kidding about shocking!! Im work in IT for a large insurance company and we have to jump through all kinds of hoops to release an update to our software and something like this wouldnt make it past our testing plan!

Sega are a multinational computer games company and im blaming them not SI for this HUGE disaster. I hope to god there support team work later than 5 or work on a Saturday otherwise Im never gonna get to play

Hi All @ SI

Thanks again 4 all your hard work on the new release , my prob seems to be common like many others i have so many "0 or o" and "I or 1" that i need a degree in code cracking to install :( please can u advise on how to get rd this

Are the codes able to be copy and pasted?

If so, open up word and put it into a different font. Should work...

EDIT:

I have tried for 1 hour with different combinations, but this is really impossible...

Hope you bright heads out there can find my combination;

http://home.no/atalanta/hjelp/hjelp.jpg

Looks to me like...

1 0 O 0 1 I I

If not...

1 0 O 0 1 1 I

Archived