Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

Just had to register my disgust. This bloody activation code will be the death of me (or my girlfriend if she keeps looking at me that way)

If I had wanted to play Sudoko I'd of bought a book not a computer game. I am well peed off with trying different combinations of 0 and O with I and 1 thrown in for good luck and thinking why the hell should I be doing this.

I think Si better have a rethink right now as to activation of this bloody thing because my copy is going to have to be returned never to be replaced.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly, the situation is a mess.

If the download off Steam isn't available until midnight, activations shouldn't have begun before midnight. Because it results in those who have bought the game from elsewhere being able to activate it while those actually using Steam are unable to download it until midnight. Then you've got SI themselves releasing the patch ahead of the very release date they keep mentioning, which is easily construed as them acknowledging the game has been 'released' and that people are in a position to play it, and so want the patch. Then you've got Mac users, like myself, who have the game and don't have to activate it or anything, but may as well not bother starting a new game because we need the patch to resolve two big bugs. Yet the Mac patch isn't yet available because, it seems, the Mac QA at Sega and/or SI is (to quote Alan Hansen) very, very poor.

Everything should've gone live at midnight. Release both patches then. Start activations then. That way, no one feels 'left out' because someone else is able to play the full game with the first patch. Oh, and apparently use an activation code that doesn't include both 0/O and 1/I..

Clearly, the situation is a mess.

If the download off Steam isn't available until midnight, activations shouldn't have begun before midnight. Because it results in those who have bought the game from elsewhere being able to activate it while those actually using Steam are unable to download it until midnight. Then you've got SI themselves releasing the patch ahead of the very release date they keep mentioning, which is easily construed as them acknowledging the game has been 'released' and that people are in a position to play it, and so want the patch. Then you've got Mac users, like myself, who have the game and don't have to activate it or anything, but may as well not bother starting a new game because we need the patch to resolve two big bugs. Yet the Mac patch isn't yet available because, it seems, the Mac QA at Sega and/or SI is (to quote Alan Hansen) very, very poor.

Everything should've gone live at midnight. Release both patches then. Start activations then. That way, no one feels 'left out' because someone else is able to play the full game with the first patch. Oh, and apparently use an activation code that doesn't include both 0/O and 1/I..

When you pout it that way, you've got to laugh really. Especially because people are having to play suduko with their 1,I,O,0 keycodes to try and get the game to work in the first place.

I can see Miles now, head in hands, wondering what he did to deserve all of this.

Hi Guys Need Help !!

I click on my desktop FM09 icon and all i keep getting is an error messgae that will not allow me to entre the game ...

The Error message reads "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"

Does anyone know why its giving me this error???

been trying for over 3hours to get some direction

did you install the game with the demo still installed?

some problems i've solved in the past with FM are chkdsk and then reinstall

chkdsk can take a while though but it does sort your hard drive bad sectors out

hope this helps

Hi Guys Need Help !!

I click on my desktop FM09 icon and all i keep getting is an error messgae that will not allow me to entre the game ...

The Error message reads "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"

Does anyone know why its giving me this error???

been trying for over 3hours to get some direction

I come across a similar error in my job, it might be related to mircosoft .net framework 2.0 or sp 1 In add or remove programs there is a repair option for 2.0 or a change for 2.0sp1 (which repairs!)

This mite resolve your issue, Im still waiting for my link from sega....

did you install the game with the demo still installed?

some problems i've solved in the past with FM are chkdsk and then reinstall

chkdsk can take a while though but it does sort your hard drive bad sectors out

hope this helps

uninstall demo & reinstall full game apparently solves this problem usually.

When you pout it that way, you've got to laugh really. Especially because people are having to play suduko with their 1,I,O,0 keycodes to try and get the game to work in the first place.

I was always quite handy at suduko so I'd probably have been alright!

I suppose the whole thing has to be looked upon as a learning experience, it's just a shame that we've had to be such public guinea pigs.

I can see Miles now, head in hands, wondering what he did to deserve all of this.

All as we feared. Eidos must be laughing their 2nd rate asses off! They wont be laughing for long though.

I tried to activate via steam and it would not accept my code and the game was delivered today and my code on the back of the book has NO 0 or o in it yet it still said invalid code somethings not right with steam. However the other way worked fine, but surely SI you may need to look at this for future releases if you are going to stick with steam! I am in NZ btw and I tried to activate about 10mins ago via steam so its not cause its not yet midnight in uk.

What is the error [-1003] for?

Got 3 o in my key,does it mean it could be either zero or o?I tried both,all 3 o or all 3 zeros but still the same message.Is it possible that although they are identical one could be o and the others zero?So I have to try all possible options?

Or is the activation thing not live yet?

How many Patches are there I have just downloaded 9.1 (rapidshare) installed it game says 9.1 and all is good but when I click check for updates in the game it goes online and says there is a Minor update available.... is this just because we are a bit early and not everythings caught up with itself or is there a minor update out there?

Thanks guys

Got 3 o in my key,does it mean it could be either zero or o?I tried both,all 3 o or all 3 zeros but still the same message.Is it possible that although they are identical one could be o and the others zero?So I have to try all possible options?

They are live.

And yes, it could be a 0 or a O.

I tried about 10 methods, and it finally worked. Ridiculous.

From what I've read, the 'o' can be either an zero or the letter o, so you'll need to try mixing them up. Activation is live, as far as I know.

well for what i see with the code, the QA team, need a good kick up the A** for this, they are surpose to be quality assurance team, the code print aint, who's first in the QA to get a kicken, an im getting my game tomorrow from game, an im dreading this all ready to get the code in right, i can see it being a long night of frustration lol.

Everyone in Australia was told this would be working from 6AM onwards. I delayed going to work so I could have a bit of a look at it, but this has ended up being a waste of time.

I demand an apology to all Aus/NZ users. If this is not working by midnight UK Time in Australia, I (and at least 3 other people I know locally) will be returning the game to the shop promptly.

I am definitely not joking about this. I probably only buy 1 or 2 games a year and FM is always one of them, but never again. This is a joke.

Where can we get help if that f****** activation code has 5 O/0 an 3 I/1 ??? Have tried the last 3 hours and i am getting real angry! I am so close to throw the DVD/cover in the garbage! The person who choosed the font on this code should have been killed! Need help!!! Is it possible to mail someone or call someone in SI to get help?

This is a mess... this is like war and we, the humble users, are dying in the trenches.

I'd have rather they let people pirate, I was still happy to buy the game, as this is pretty much the only game I play. I got my friend into playing this game (it's not so big in Aus, but when I showed him how it worked, he got hooked) and now I'm embarrassed with the hassle he's had to go through to get the game working... AND IT'S STILL NOT EVEN WORKING HERE.

WE WERE PROMISED 6AM, DID THEY NOT PAY SOMEONE ENOUGH TO TURN THE SERVER ON?

well for what i see with the code, the QA team, need a good kick up the A** for this, they are surpose to be quality assurance team, the code print aint, who's first in the QA to get a kicken, an im getting my game tomorrow from game, an im dreading this all ready to get the code in right, i can see it being a long night of frustration lol.

I'm not entirely sure what the QA have to do with the printing on a manual - presumably this would be the responsibility of a printer...

This is a mess... this is like war and we, the humble users, are dying in the trenches.

I'd have rather they let people pirate, I was still happy to buy the game, as this is pretty much the only game I play. I got my friend into playing this game (it's not so big in Aus, but when I showed him how it worked, he got hooked) and now I'm embarrassed with the hassle he's had to go through to get the game working... AND IT'S STILL NOT EVEN WORKING HERE.

WE WERE PROMISED 6AM, DID THEY NOT PAY SOMEONE ENOUGH TO TURN THE SERVER ON?

Sorry to hear mate. we here in NZ have no issues BUT DONT use steam use the other way to activate if you bought game from shop as steam would not accpet my code either and MY CODE HAD NO O OR 0 IN IT.

Everyone in Australia was told this would be working from 6AM onwards. I delayed going to work so I could have a bit of a look at it, but this has ended up being a waste of time.

I demand an apology to all Aus/NZ users. If this is not working by midnight UK Time in Australia, I (and at least 3 other people I know locally) will be returning the game to the shop promptly.

I am definitely not joking about this. I probably only buy 1 or 2 games a year and FM is always one of them, but never again. This is a joke.

Hi,

The activation and sales from STEAM should be active. Earlier in the evening it was active for activating boxed product, but not digital downloads. Now you should be able to complete your STEAM purchase and activate.

Sorry to hear mate. we here in NZ have no issues BUT DONT use steam use the other way to activate if you bought game from shop as steam would not accpet my code either and MY CODE HAD NO O OR 0 IN IT.

Ok, thanks for your assistance, Parkera.

Btw, I'm sorry we claim Crowded House as our own, even though they are clearly Kiwi's.

Can some1 PLZ tell me where is the installation folder of FM09 when u get it from steam? it is not on drive :C i checked...

Please if anyone knows let us know cause im sure more ppl will have the same query

Thanks in advance

Edit : Sorry i found it.... although the Data editor doesnt work, it comes up with an error... if some1 knows anything about it please let me know

Archived