Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SI thank you so much for doing it a little bit earlier, i can play now for a few hours before bed time.

Steam gave me some warning about not being able to activate yet, then it said congrats its activated, and now its installing.

Strange but true.

STEAM as a retailer have been a good retailer, and are sticking to the original release dates, as are most retail outlets. So at the time when STEAM are meant to be selling the game, they will be.

There is absolutely nothing that I can do about this as it's completely out of my hands, and I have been told that that decision will not be changed.

This is a really ******** excuse as there have been some people who are able to activate their game via steam.

STEAM as a retailer have been a good retailer, and are sticking to the original release dates, as are most retail outlets. So at the time when STEAM are meant to be selling the game, they will be.

There is absolutely nothing that I can do about this as it's completely out of my hands, and I have been told that that decision will not be changed.

I am confused - what do you mean? I'm in Australia and it says unlock in 1 day, 1 hour.

It's Nov 14th here, and nearly midnight in the UK(?) - what does this mean, that they are allowing the unlock in American time? Does this mean the 1 day, 1 hour unlock will stand and cannot be changed?

just got my 2009 copy from the store but can't seem to activate. Whole bloody code is full of what might be 1's i's 7's or t's and also 0's and O's. Think I tried all possible combinations but can't seem to get it right! frustrating! Code is bloody unreadeble!

If I use steam to authenticate my game, can I then un-click stream? As in then if I was to install it on my work computer tomorrow could I use uniloc? I just don't want it connecting to the internet via steam everytime I load it up, I'd rather do updates manually, but fancy using stream this one time just so I can get the update/patch now!

This is absolute crap, well done Steam. You pay extra for the privilege of getting the game early through Steam in comparison to the on-line stores where I could have got it nearly £10 cheaper. You for-go receiving a manual, boxed edition and hard copy (so god knows why it costs more) and then when the game is available Steam still tells me the game isn't released so I can't play it yet, when quite clearly people are doing so already and it has been preloaded.

Nice way to annoy your loyal customers isn't it?

So basically it would have been cheaper and easier to buy from the shops, then upload onto steam. Theres no real advantage to buying on steam, because they add extra tax onto it when you buy on there too. The Steam system does seem cool though when it does work properly, the way it pre-loads and automatically updates etc.

wel this sucks , i am an fm player for years, who recently moved to the states , hence the reason i ordered the bloody game ON PRE ORDER OFF OF steam because of the delayed release in america , now only to be told that i have to wait for the 17th November to play , well thx very much si and this will be the last fm i ever buy!

Surley those who buy online anywhere in the world should be able to play as the same time as those who buy online in the uk , as it has nothing to do with shipping the game to distributors in different countries, ridiculous!

ESPECIALLY AS my brother who lives in england already has it in his possesion from a pre order in the UK , a full day before release!!!

Martin

• SI Staff
This is a really ******** excuse as there have been some people who are able to activate their game via steam.

The people who are able to authenticate their game via STEAM are people who bought the game from unscrupulous retailers who sold the game early.

Later on as in? Why does every non-steam user have to wait?

We've been very clear at every step that people who authenticate through STEAM will get the updates first. The reason is simple - their servers are very fast to upload to, whereas others are slower!

yay after 10 minutes fiddling with the 0's and the o's I got it to activate. Miles anything we can do about this problem for fm club or do we have to fiddle around with the code again for that?

Remember what you typed (that's what I did)!

Archived