Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems steam buying has lost all of it's importance here .

Anyway hoping that tonight's midnight release in steam is valid and not the 1 day 1 hour because in that case , we will be well below the advantages we were promised.............

i preordered weeks ago via steam, its all preloaded and ready to go.

yet still says unreleased, and now says time to unlock 1 day 1 hour

miles, is that right? im happy enough if its still at least midnight it will unlock, anything before is a bonus :)

Please note that whilst the update will allow many people with below minimum spec machines / graphics cards who had problems with the demo to get the game up and running, some below-spec graphics cards may require the DirectX 9.0 SDK is installed to run the game. This can be downloaded from the following url: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

We have been unable to test this on every graphics card on the market as, well, we don't have all of them, but this should fix the problem for the majority of those with below spec machines. If we find some that are still not up and running, we will look into these issues in the coming weeks.

Please also note that for those who want to get the demo up and running on their below minimum spec machines before purchasing, we are still planning on releasing a compatability patch for the demo, and this will follow in the coming days. We do not have a firm date for this as yet.

Hi Miles and co....Just like to say i like the look of the patch updates, well done :thup:....I and many others have the graphics problem and i don't know what to do with FM09.....Should i download DirectX 9.0 SDK or should I wait for the compatability patch..

I have a Dell Laptop and have Windows Vista!

• SI Staff
Not me i cant it says this game unlocks in 4 days and 10 hours ! nice !

not happy!

In the US, ordered WWSM, perhaps?

Miles, with this year's version having IGA, can't you guys be providing faster servers for a certain amount of time to allow fast and easy distribution of patches?

That's what STEAM is there for. Fast, easy and automatic distribution of patches.

if you have box version from stores and cant activate it via steam, just load up dvd in drive and select UNILOC activation. Itired with STEAM 7 times, all combinations didnt work. Tried it with UNILOC al lower case letters and it worked 1st time.

Follow that people

• SI Staff
Hi Miles and co....Just like to say i like the look of the patch updates, well done :thup:....I and many others have the graphics problem and i don't know what to do with FM09.....Should i download DirectX 9.0 SDK or should I wait for the compatability patch..

I have a Dell Laptop and have Windows Vista!

There's no harm in giving the SDK a try.

In the US, ordered WWSM, perhaps?

That's what STEAM is there for. Fast, easy and automatic distribution of patches.

Miles does that mean that whenever I'm connected to the internet and playing Football Manager, Steam automatically recognises that, or if I activate using Steam is it possible to change settings so that it doesn't automaticallly load up?

Great work with the update by the way, very impressive

@SI/SEGA

Why give advantage to someone?

So WE steam users, we can watch them playing, even if we pre-ordered month ago?

HOW RUDE.

Even FM CLUB... even that will avoid STEAM users.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Hi,

FMCLub will not ignore STEAM users, they will be able to enter their code and access that.

Thanks

Ben

It's not my decision.

but you are their client right?, surely if you kick up a fuss they will appease what must be a very good investment for them?

I don't want to sound moany, I absolutely love the Demo and all the new features - I JUST WANT TO BE PLAYING NOW:(:(

how can STEAM give non STEAM buyers the ability to play the game and yet at the same time not allow actual STEAM buyers play the game???It is complete madness!! If they are such a good retaliler bla bla bla they would punish the early release buyers surely???If that is the standards they wish to uphold. Hypocrites.

this is funny, isn't it?

The people who are able to authenticate their game via STEAM are people who bought the game from unscrupulous retailers who sold the game early.

exactly the same thing you've done opening the activation system before STEAM (your preferred and honest retailer) and before the announced release date.

Dear people at SI. I just calculated i've got 7 carachters in my keycode that could either be 1's or i's/ o's or 0.s. This means 2x2x2x2x2x2x2 options for my code. You actualy sugest that i try by trial and error. This are 128! different combinations!

Okay, this has really given me the poo poos.

I choose to by through steam so I was able to play upon release of fm2009.

Steam told me around this time of day yesterday that thre was 5 hours till unlocking of the game.

The preload started when steam told me 3hrs till activation.

I am now told there is 26hours till activation and that people who bought the box version can now play.

With the exchange rate i spent around AUD$100 of Fm when i could of as I have in the past paid approx $50-60 for the retail version from Britain.

SI- Being loyal to SI for all these years under the username Turtlebox previously and Brisvegas since the move of the log on style, I have never spoken ill and always understood why certain things are done, but this has left me behind and poorer. Steam gave me no advantage AT ALL

Archived