Football Manager 2009 patch download details (was authentication and update)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I've tried to enter my activation code for an hour now, mixing both "0", "O", "T", "I", "1", but no matter what I try I get the message that my code is wrong, and that I can buy one from you website. You can't really expect your customers to spend hours to even install the game, so I'm wondering what other possibilities you can offer?

Also, is there any logic that we should know about in the "control sum" beneath the code-fields? I want to install the game and now I expekt som help... The website you refer to with regards to fonts is not working either..

Please offer me some assistance here..

What a joke. Im pretty patient and reasonable when it comes to things like this, but this is a complete balls up. My activation/authentication "key" should be the £30 i spent on it, not a bunch of dots inside the game case which are unreadable and DONT EVEN WORK! We are told the authentication servers are up, they certainly ain't for me since ive been tryin for a good 15 mins already. I thought a was paying £30 for a game, not a riddle!

No it isn't. Midnight UK time is two and a half hours away. Work with that.

lol i was talking aus time..which would make it 11am i can play the game.

Whoevers idea it was to introduce this authentication system needs to be sacked:thdn: well if not them whoever bloody job is was to successfully implement, as they have failed miserably:mad:

What a joke. Im pretty patient and reasonable when it comes to things like this, but this is a complete balls up. My activation/authentication "key" should be the £30 i spent on it, not a bunch of dots inside the game case which are unreadable and DONT EVEN WORK! We are told the authentication servers are up, they certainly ain't for me since ive been tryin for a good 15 mins already. I thought a was paying £30 for a game, not a riddle!

Hi - PM me - and I'll ring you to help you out.

Are the codes able to be copy and pasted?

If so, open up word and put it into a different font. Should work...

EDIT:

Looks to me like...

1 0 O 0 1 I I

If not...

1 0 O 0 1 1 I

Thanks, but It did not work this time either. I have scanned and enlarged it, and i see the last 1/I/l is different from the other 3, but i dont know what its supposed to be? Uppercase T? or are they lowercase? Thanks for this SEGA!

In the US, ordered WWSM, perhaps?

That's what STEAM is there for. Fast, easy and automatic distribution of patches.

PR...

Let me say it again as plain as possible for you. Due to Football Manager 2009 having IGA in it obviously SI / Sega will in theory be getting extra monies for it - that's the whole idea. Obviously it's then up to the powers that be to decide where that extra money goes.

I was suggesting why doesn't the extra money go into fast, easy and reliable distribution of patches for people now that there is possibly extra money to fund such things?

You then came back with the 'Steam can do all that', which you are right it can. However, that would of been fine as an answer had only STEAM users been subject to the IGA. However, all users are subject to IGA and I was querying that due to that fact now you have IGA in which EVERYONE is subject to that the extra money could be used for better servers for EVERYONE.

Stop giving politician answers.

lol i was talking aus time..which would make it 11am i can play the game.

Whoevers idea it was to introduce this authentication system needs to be sacked:thdn: well if not them whoever bloody job is was to successfully implement, as they have failed miserably:mad:

At least they have stopped the pirates from getting hold of the game.

Well I've tried to enter my activation code for an hour now, mixing both "0", "O", "T", "I", "1", but no matter what I try I get the message that my code is wrong, and that I can buy one from you website. You can't really expect your customers to spend hours to even install the game, so I'm wondering what other possibilities you can offer?

Also, is there any logic that we should know about in the "control sum" beneath the code-fields? I want to install the game and now I expekt som help... The website you refer to with regards to fonts is not working either..

Please offer me some assistance here..

Wow.. after 1h33min I managed to install properly.. Impressing.. Let this be a lesson. Next time I don't even want to see letters or numbers that could be mixed up... Well well.. On to install the patch, hopefully without any further problems :)

have they really its probably only just a matter of time until some clever bugger cracks fm 2009, not me though i payed my 30 dollars for it unfortunatley even though i was told (by SI employees on the forums) it was irrelevant if we pre ordered wwsm or fm2009 as we would be able to get them both through steam on the 14th! clearly not thanks si!

Martin

Id like to take this time to say, for someone who has waited for the shops to open tomorrow so I can go out and buy the game, like a fair few people I know, what a complete balls up Im reading here.

Firstly, allowing people who have a game they shouldnt until tomorrow to be able to activate. Listen, Im not dissing the people who have the game, it isnt their fault they have been sent it early. But christ the shops should know when the game should be sent for. And here we go again with Sega and SI allowing these people the advantage of a game due to be activated and released on 14th November, to be playing it early.

Again, for the people who have ordered on Steam, or waiting like me for the game to be released PROPERLY, how angry do you people think we are.

Lastly what the hell has happened with this code to activate. Are you trying to tell me that Sega and SI cannot come up, being Multi Million pound companies, with a code that is readable.

From the comments on this forum, the answer to that question is an obvious no.

In the year it has been since the last release, this code problem is a complete joke.

Will it stop me from buying it tomorrow morning. Course not. Im a true FM gamer and love the game. Does i make me worried that once Iv spent £30 on the game, I wont be able to read a code to install it. Hell yeah!

Can someone help me please.

I have a retail copy of the game, a disc in my PC. I loaded it in, put in the code and then as ADVISED , I took tthe option to activate through Steam on line. Now I don't have any install files and no desktop icons etc EVEN THOUGH I TICKED YES.

I am not logging on to the Internet every time to play FM, and shouldn't have to, so why no icons or files ?

Please SEGA or SI advise me how I can sort this , please

[quote name= Originally Posted by loyal royal jay View Post

What a joke. Im pretty patient and reasonable when it comes to things like this' date=' but this is a complete balls up. My activation/authentication "key" should be the £30 i spent on it, not a bunch of dots inside the game case which are unreadable and DONT EVEN WORK! We are told the authentication servers are up, they certainly ain't for me since ive been tryin for a good 15 mins already. I thought a was paying £30 for a game, not a riddle![/quote]

HAHA , took me 1 hour to solve my £30 riddel lol, i know its not directly SI's fault and yh the games good but what the hell is this mess on the back i mean this is terrible the 0's and 1's are like O and I, i had same problem on Halflife, is it a steam issue lol

I have a retail copy of the game, a disc in my PC. I loaded it in, put in the code and then as ADVISED , I took tthe option to activate through Steam on line. Now I don't have any install files and no desktop icons etc EVEN THOUGH I TICKED YES.

I am not logging on to the Internet every time to play FM, and shouldn't have to, so why no icons or files ?

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009

Ok, I must have made a mistake, I have game in box, went to load, put in code, choose steam( that was the mistake!!) and now I have nothing on desktop and can only play when on line ? Dont think this is right, so how do I de activate from Steam and load the game as normal ?

12.7kb/sec :/ jesus from WP link
HAHA , took me 1 hour to solve my £30 riddel lol, i know its not directly SI's fault and yh the games good but what the hell is this mess on the back i mean this is terrible the 0's and 1's are like O and I, i had same problem on Halflife, is it a steam issue lol

lol, i hope i guess lucky tomorrow on the code.

Would only be a steam issue if you bought halflife recently:P, the origional without shitty steam was perfect lol

Still wondering on a question someone earlyer asked, on steam it says the game unlocks in 1 day? that cant be correct, because its like 2,5 hour to midnight... and yes bought Football manager 2009 not US version crap... explain please, will we get it @ midnight or do we get it in 1 day? do we as steam users get another punishment?

this is so dodgy, australians can officially purchase the game in 10 minutes when the shops open at 9am, yet i still cant activate my game! i have no official time that the servers will be coming as the the 6am time stated has already past us. I bet SEGA australia has already got a ton of calls asking what the hell is going on. All i want is for someone to say yes..they will be on at blah....it makes more people angry at not knowing what is going on.

Ok, I must have made a mistake, I have game in box, went to load, put in code, choose steam( that was the mistake!!) and now I have nothing on desktop and can only play when on line ? Dont think this is right, so how do I de activate from Steam and load the game as normal ?

You're using Vista? - it's a Vista problem for all games I've installed under it.

Browse to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009

Create a shortcut to the exe on your desktop.

Figuring out my 1's, I's, 0's and O's was a pain in the arse for a whole 10 minutes, but the update downloaded at 400k a second and I'm setting up now for a couple of hours before bed that I didn't think I'd get, so thanks guys.

Nice one SI.

Guys

I have just PM'd Muzchap who is VERY VERY helpful guy from Sega and they are going to send me a link that will translate the code and tell me exactly what's it meant to be!

As soon as I know it works i will post it on here for everyone who is like me about to jump out of a window!!

Are the codes able to be copy and pasted?

If so, open up word and put it into a different font. Should work...

EDIT:

Looks to me like...

1 0 O 0 1 I I

If not...

1 0 O 0 1 1 I

I think its i 000 111 (thats 3 zero's) apparently it also has to be entered in lower case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWCallaghan

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009

-------

I dont have those files, there is no Program Files\Steam !!

Well, that's a bit disappointing. Though not surprising considering it probably required testing by the same people who failed to notice the Mac right click bug I (and many others) found within like, 5 minutes of playing the game..

Guess I'll be playing it when I get home tomorrow.

Completely Agree. Very disappointed.

Hi. Just thought i would throw in my thoughts behind SI's desire fir you to use Steam. Basically the reason they are so determined to make you use it is so that it ensures that only one game is being used at once. When you play the game through steam, Steam recognises who is logged in and should someone else try and play at the same time, using the same account, it logs you out, ensuring that the game is played only once at a time.

While i can appreciate the need for the system, it is ridiculous for SI to expect that me, and my sons each buy a game at £30 each.

For SI to say that the only reason to authenticate through Steam is because you get patches quicker is quite frankly, an insult to their customers. The reason is so that they get Steam to monitor your usage.

I know Im gonna get lot of **** about me having a mac now, but isn´t it kind of bad (dont want to talk about fair / unfair, after all, things are never fair) Sigames that they havent made the mac patch ready for download, when releasing the pc version? Its no way im gonna start up a game with the .0.0 version as it was buggy as hell ? Crying myself to sleep tonight.

Extremely disappointed. Took me over an hour of typing in all manner of 0s, Os, os, Ts, Is, 1s...

I even resorted to putting Steam on my computer which I never wanted in the first place.

What's wrong with selling me a disc and letting me play the damn game? This situation is very far from good enough, SI/SEGA.

Well I have 7 0's or o's in my code plus 1 potenial 1 or I, AFter an hour and half of trying to remember what combinations Ive tried I GIVE UP. I have been an avid FM fan since the first versions and am seriously considering returning my copy and not bothering

Sega's support number doesnt answer and they dont have the common decency to put a message saying there shut!!

Can someone from SI or Sega please tell me how I can get the game installled?

Have tried both Steam and Unihoc but cant read my code :-( :-(

Have SI got no comment on this? Surely this is highly embarrassing ...

I know Im gonna get lot of **** about me having a mac now, but isn´t it kind of bad (dont want to talk about fair / unfair, after all, things are never fair) Sigames that they havent made the mac patch ready for download, when releasing the pc version? Its no way im gonna start up a game with the .0.0 version as it was buggy as hell ? Crying myself to sleep tonight.

If it hasn't finished going past SEGAs QA guys yet, there's bound to be a good reason for that. If I were in your position I would rather have a patch that they were confident in than one that's been rushed out.

Hi Guys Need Help !!

I click on my desktop FM09 icon and all i keep getting is an error messgae that will not allow me to entre the game ...

The Error message reads "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"

Does anyone know why its giving me this error???

been trying for over 3hours to get some direction

Archived