Knap - FM24 and FM23 FM22_FM 21 - FM 20 -FM 19 Tactic List

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is set up with MCs to receive and I've not really found a better system although using opposite feet may work better, If the set up does not work then perhaps try a different receiver.

First time playing FM so after 5 seasons I tried to see what other peoples tactics were like, tried yours and season ended like this - Not going as well in second season, think teams maybe got used to it but a lot of fun cheers!

bd054c95abe1315ea66c6cc078e94d9d.png

Shame Arsenal beat me 2-0 at gameweek 25 was looking great until then, managed to win all cups

Edited by HamAaron223
missed something out

Hi knap best wishes for this new year. Your work is unbelievable! I want to know please how worked wingers in these tactics and on your last 4321? Left foot at right ? Or it doesnt matter? Thx a lot for your work.

Ps: in your last 4321 you use 2 am (moc), how much please the foot is important?

Greetings

Edited by CABECOU PECOU

Just posted this on the Discord so sorry to anyone who lurks in both zones for having to read my waffle twice - you may have spotted there are one or two Knap tactic threads so you may spot this in one or two others just to spread the love and help prevent people chewing their dogs face off having conceded yet another late goal! :D

"Anyone using Knap's tactics with the later corner routines may want to bear this in mind,  especially so when setting up an SUS as it's far more prevalent later in the game when the AI is going  gung-ho. Been studying more and more how I concede goals - lots are direct free kicks, far too many worldy strikers, but otherwise I get  alot of 2 on 1's, may of which are coming from my own set pieces it turns out;

unknown.png

My guy misses his header unsurprisingly, ball breaks and notice AI has 3 guys up top against just ONE of my guys - glimmer of hope that maybe it'll be flagged as offside;

unknown.png

Ruthlessly irritating AI knows what it's doing though - I'd argue he's interfering with play as a 2 on 1 but referees i guess! Rest is inevitable;

unknown.png

unknown.png

Note that this example happened with mentality set to very defensive and all my SUS options turned on. Done some testing and it's consistent across mentalities and with different tactics. Doesn't always happen ofc - an ultra defensive AI is never leaving 3 attackers up the pitch, they don't seem to try it as much if you're multiple goals ahead either, but be wary and maybe - if leading - think about swapping your attacking corner routines for something more defensive. Haven't observed it with throws as yet, nor have I tried it with a top level team so maybe doesn't happen as much with them (although possibly they'd more ruthlessly exploit it?).

Hope it helps!

What would AI do, if you put 3 attackers when they are taking corners? Is it even possible.

In FM17 or 18 I saw Rashidi video on youtube where he had one striker at center of the pitch ready to burst forward, and one player in opposition midfield (with good first touch, off the ball and passing) that catches the ball if it bounce of the corner, giving him chance to quickly pass to striker. Sometime it work to execute a successfull counter attack. 

What I hate about FM19 ME is, that I think SI didn't improve the ME at all, they just made obstacles to make play harder and make our players look like fools on the pitch.

Edited by Chief Scout

Hello Knap. I´m trying your 424-112p with my Celta de Vigo squad. I´m implementing it in pre-season. It´s my second season and all my important players are gone (the positive thing is that i have over 60 million to spend in new players). I wonder what positions are more important in this tactic and what kind of players do i need to perform better. Anyway, i´m not a top team (although in my first season i finished 5th) so i´m not sure if this tactic will work or if it´s only for top teams. Thanks in advance.

I've been using the 442 P05 with some success at Brackley in the Vanarama North. I lost the playoff final last season and in a good battle for the league title this season.

We usually score plenty by my only issue is that the high line leaves my goalkeeper very exposed at times and we concede a lot more than I would like. This may be due to the level of players involved in this system, but it means we can hit a bit of a slump when not scoring as we are always exposed. Is there a tactic a bit more solid (deeper?) defensively without sacrificing too much when attacking?

My record as manager so far;

Played- 82

Won- 56

Drawn- 17

Lost- 9

Scored- 219

Conceded- 91

17 minutes ago, ma9lstroM said:

I've used a lot of the 442/4411 variants in lower league, what i end up doing is dropping def line and line of engagement to higher/standard or standard/standard and removing offside trap. Works pretty well still

Thanks, will give it a tweak and see what works.

Left on right is working well with these tactics, so may be worth trying without ppms. However, a little bit of trying different combinations during a game may help if not having any success.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb knap:

I would try the P112 at home but maybe use Deep Sicilian defence Away.

This!

The new 4240P112 with the two AM at home and the Deep Sicilian Defense for away matches (and vs top 6 of the league at home).

Thats absolutely domination as underdog ;). Will post some results this weekend!

Agree on the 424 P112 - Only about 7 or 8 games in so far but my team is very average for the league (newly promoted in League two) and won all but one of them (that one saw me get a red card and the AI used the corner exploit I posted yesterday)! Should add I was already top of my league, but I was having to manage them through each game a lot, much less so with this so far.

Anyone struggling with closing out a game, feel free to have a go with my SUS;

FCU_19.2.1BEO424KnapP112SUS_1.1.fmf

Obviously if you switch to it from a non 424 formation then it might screw player positions up.

If I'm winning, I switch to cautious mentality around 65-75 minutes, then turn this on around 80-82. You could try it earlier if struggling,/really close game and the AI are attacking, but think you're inviting pressure if so.

If anyone wants to make their own with respective tactics, I usually;

- set mentality to defensive (occasionally ultra if im being hammered)
- move defensive line and LOE back two notches each
- change goalie distro to 'slow pace down'
- change when lost possession to 'regroup'
- change when win possession to 'hold shape'
- change full backs to 'no nonsense'
- if my DC's are having bad games I may change them to 'no nonsense', but that's an in-game decision rather than every time
- remove 'get stuck in' from tackling to avoid conceding free kicks

Edited by optimusprimal82