Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

Am 17.3.2018 um 14:26 schrieb matty_boy:

Hi all,

could someone tell me the easiest way of sharing a database that I've created please it's a project to raise money for a local team

WHERE do you want to share it ?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 7 Stunden schrieb matty_boy:

Create a link where the clubs fans and players can download from

just upload it to steam then.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb matty_boy:

Is it really that simple? Forgive me I'm no tech expert! Thanks for the help 

There literally is a button to upload it to steam if they havent changed it. Otherwise just go to the steam workshop and upload it there. Its easy.

35 minutes ago, Sauver said:

I'm making frictional teams and want to make this process go by faster do I need to create stadiums for each and every team or can I leave that blank.

Stadium is important part of every club. Clubs are sorted regionally by stadiums city settings.

2 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Stadium is important part of every club. Clubs are sorted regionally by stadiums city settings.

Ah so it's won't be generated by the game kk guess I better get started on that 

Is there a way I can implement the changes for next seasons Champions League (18-19) -ie/: 12 substitutes rule and 4th substitute rule in extra time, or has a version of this game been created? Would be nice to find out as I can't manage a Champions League team with these changes in the game, thanks.

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 14:41, FPN said:

hey,

I have a problem with downs, promotions and playoffs. I made everything on screenings. Anyone have any idea how to do it right?
greetings

2018-03-19 (1).png

2018-03-19 (2).png

2018-03-19 (3).png

2018-03-19 (4).png

The editor seems to be having trouble with multi-stage competitions this year. I can't get any to work either.

The only workaround I know of is to get everything to do with your playoffs set in the basic editor and then change as little as possible of the playoff stage when you convert to advanced. Even then it doesn't always work.

You could try reporting it on the bugs forum but don't expect them to come up with a fix any time soon: SI doesn't care as much about the editor as they do about the main game (for totally understandable reasons) so it will probably be fixed but not until next year's game.

Hi, 

I have a problem with my custom created league. The league works fine but when I run test or try it in the game etc it says the cup I created is "not in the start date" and it's set to 1/1/1900. I have no idea how to change the date of the cup. If anyone could help that would be great 

Cheers 

Edit players personal details - Favourite People - Reason

What is the difference between all the options, i mean are they

all just for show. Or is there a meaningful difference/meaning behind the options ?

example: Will IDOL make the player look up to you more then MANAGER

Feil

Edited by FeilFM

Hi guys, since Wenger stepped down on friday, I get a new idea of putting Arsenal into the League One, starting again with youngsters in a whole new cycle hahaha

So Is it possible to put Arsenal straight there with enough replacement to every league? (I did the test competition thing and after the new date Arsenal was in the championship. Is it because of the year who changed so it's normal and Arsenal will be in L1 in the game?)

To give this more 'realism' I also created a very bad debt for the team, and kick Kroenke and Gazidis out, with Flamini being the new owner. How much do you guys think it's fair for the club to pay without getting in trouble? I put 350M to be payed in one year, since I'm going to sell all the players who would not play in the f**ng third division.

Thanks.

Hey everybody, I'm having some issues with bringing a custom database forward that implements a fantasy pro/rel structure for the US. As part of this, all real US clubs were deleted and replaced with fictional ones. However, for some reason when the club is deleted I completely lose it's players when I create a save. I'm still able to see all the players in the editor if I search for them with the updates applied, but the players aren't there when I create a save.

Is there any easy way to get these players to just go to being a free transfer in the database rather than disappearing without having to manually release each one in some fashion in the editor?

10 hours ago, Zano said:

Hey everybody, I'm having some issues with bringing a custom database forward that implements a fantasy pro/rel structure for the US. As part of this, all real US clubs were deleted and replaced with fictional ones. However, for some reason when the club is deleted I completely lose it's players when I create a save. I'm still able to see all the players in the editor if I search for them with the updates applied, but the players aren't there when I create a save.

Is there any easy way to get these players to just go to being a free transfer in the database rather than disappearing without having to manually release each one in some fashion in the editor?

What normally do, i make the real clubs as extinct. What that does is make all players in those clubs be released as free.

Never tried to delete them. So not sure what happen to those players and staff.

On 4/29/2018 at 13:44, grade said:

What normally do, i make the real clubs as extinct. What that does is make all players in those clubs be released as free.

Never tried to delete them. So not sure what happen to those players and staff.

Anybody have other ideas here? I've tried a number of things here, including:

- Making clubs and competition extinct

- Releasing all players then making clubs and competition extinct

- Releasing all players then deleting clubs and competition

No matter what I do, the players for the team in question aren't in the database when I create a career.

56 minutes ago, Zano said:

Anybody have other ideas here? I've tried a number of things here, including:

- Making clubs and competition extinct

- Releasing all players then making clubs and competition extinct

- Releasing all players then deleting clubs and competition

No matter what I do, the players for the team in question aren't in the database when I create a career.

Figured out a way to deal with it. You have to attach everyone's contract to a club that is not being deleted or set to extinct, then go ahead and do whatever you need to delete / set to extinct. Once that is all done, you can remove the contract on everyone you pushed to a different club. This allowed me to retain everyone with no impact to their history or anything.

Hello everyone,

I would like to make sure every teams can only buy national player and have 100% English player in England, 100% German in Germany (or allow neighbour countries to be transferred like Irish in England is ok), any idea how to do this with the editor ?

Thanks

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I honestly couldn't find a topic with a proper answer.

It's regarding creating a player on the FM editor and assigning his hidden attribute stats.

Most are straight forward i.e. 0-20, 20 being the best and 0 the worst, e.g. Professionalism = 20, he will be a top professional.

However, what about 'Pressure'.  I am not 100% if to assign 0 or 20, and whether '20' will mean he can handle pressure or if '20' means he can't handle pressure?

Same goes with Injury Proneness and Temperament as above?

Hope this makes sense.

I just started using the Pre Game Editor a few days ago. I understand how pretty much everything works because I am somewhat tech savvy. Sadly, there is one very simple thing that has me confused. I added my name and some other info to the people database in the editor, thinking I could fire up a new career and then use what I created as a manager of the club I want to play with. It isn't working out. When I start up a new career, as you all know, I have to create a manager and that's the profile I have to use as the manager for the club. When I tried to fire myself, to use myself, I failed. I just want to ask, is there a way to use the person I created in the editor to manage when I start a new career or do I have to use the profile created in the actual FM game before the season starts? Thanks for any help.

On 11/11/2017 at 18:15, KUBI said:

Instead of open a thread just post it here.

A thread for beginners and those who just want to swap teams, add their girlfriend to the game or want to play with no or a limited amount of foreign players in their league.

First, I have to apologize if I am posting this incorrectly. This is my first time posting anythingon a forum, ever. Again, I apologize.

I just started using the Pre Game Editor a few days ago. I understand how pretty much everything works because I am somewhat tech savvy. Sadly, there is one very simple thing that has me confused. I added my name and some other info to the people database in the editor, thinking I could fire up a new career and then use what I created as a manager of the club I want to play with. It isn't working out. When I start up a new career, as you all know, I have to create a manager and that's the profile I have to use as the manager for the club. When I tried to fire myself, to use myself, I failed. I just want to ask, is there a way to use the person I created in the editor to manage when I start a new career or do I have to use the profile created in the actual FM game before the season starts? Thanks for any help.

Sup guys! Not sure how simple of a question it is but I'll ask away.

Creating competitions with multiple groups/blocks (i.e. Italy lower division) where the group winners and best placed runners up qualify for a promotion series.

1. How to have all groups show on the league screen. 

2. how to qualify best placed 2nd placed teams for competition.

Is it possible to only have teams promoted at a certain level IF they reach a minimum average attendance??? like as a requirement. 

8 hours ago, playthe361 said:

First, I have to apologize if I am posting this incorrectly. This is my first time posting anythingon a forum, ever. Again, I apologize.

I'm pretty sure there's no way you can create yourself as manager in the pre-game editor. However, there's a lot of tweaking you can do to your manager persona in the in-game editor. What I do is create my wife to be chair(man) of my club, add myself as manager and make us each other's favourite personnel. 

Hi there, trying to make create an affiliation. 

I'm planning on managing Maine Road FC from the 9th division in England. I go to their file in the editor and create a Normal Affiliated Club with Manchester City. Set up the stats how I like them. $50k a year, help with finances, permanent, friendly guaranteed, use parent club facilities, and marketing relations.

Accept everything, save it, load up the game and the affiliation isn't there. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to generate an editor file from an external text file? If I open the .fmf (or .dbc) files, it's all jumbled characters, and they cannot be opened by the resource archiver. I assume beneath the compression there is a text logic behind them. My main aim would be to generate dynamic kits by letting a program generate a few say 100 years ahead, and save them in an editor file. However, to accomplish this, I would have to generate a text file and be able to import it to the editor.

Thanks for any help.

Is there a way to get players from 2 different nationalities in your youth intake? 

For example: A club from a town in England would have English players as youth intake. What if that town had a large research facility from Australia, where lots of Australians would go to work and study. It would then sound normal that the club in that town has a mixture of local and Australian players. So would the youth intake be able to generate a mixture of local and Australian players? Or am I dreaming? 

On 17/05/2018 at 05:09, fmonit said:

Is there a way to get players from 2 different nationalities in your youth intake? 

For example: A club from a town in England would have English players as youth intake. What if that town had a large research facility from Australia, where lots of Australians would go to work and study. It would then sound normal that the club in that town has a mixture of local and Australian players. So would the youth intake be able to generate a mixture of local and Australian players? Or am I dreaming? 

maybe you can set b club based in new added town - add that town again in editor and set australia as nation?

Is there a way to unlock "Unique ID" field in the FM Editor? I've found a solution for FM15, but now it does not work.  For example, I want to change "Unique ID" value for a player.

Thank you.

Edited by bsanchezb

2 minutes ago, bsanchezb said:

Is there a way to unlock "Unique ID" field in the FM Editor? I've found a solution for FM15, but now it does not work.  For example, I want to change "Unique ID" value for a player.

Thank you.

you can unlock that field but UID change is not good idea. all default UIDs should remain as they are.

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

you can unlock that field but UID change is not good idea. all default UIDs should remain as they are.

Yeah, I know that I have to be very careful with that. But anyway, how to do it?

use resource archiver to extract comp editor file. its under football manager 2018/data folder. you will find this file in format/database folder.

also you can leave this folder uncompressed after you finish.

Example

Club A based in country X playing in Country Y

Club B based in country Z also playing in Country Y

WIth default settings, when setting squad rules, e.g. max 10 foreign players, Club A is allowed players from country X or Y and Club B is allowed players from country Z or Y.

Is it possible for Club A to only have country X considered non-foreign

and for Club B to only have country Z considered non-foreign

Basically what I am asking is can you make the host nation of this division a 'foreign' country in terms of squad selection and first 11 rules etc.

Thank you!

How to qualify teams playing in a third country to european cups from they home country?

So, for example, I want to make that Swansea qualifies to Champions League as the best team of Wales, then take Cardiff as a second place team and so on.

I've created a "UEFA European Elite League" which includes a FIFA World Champion's League" too, and have been testing them extensively. Everything appears to be in great working order, except one thing I can't seem to work out a fix for.

I started my 6 tier league at 200 Reputation for the Premier, taking it down by ten for each level. Yet despite being filled with the cream of Europe, within a few short seasons, the Reputations of my Leagues plummet drastically every time. From my research into trying to fix this, it appears the likely cause may be that as I've created my own "continental" competition with the World Champions League, I do not have any of my Club sides qualifying for the real UEFA Champions League in the game (by design). From what I've read, I understand that it is a Club's success (and ultimately the league's) in these ECL and EL competitions that most affects the league's reputation through the co-efficient?

What I need to know, as this reputation demise is ultimately going to kill my creation - other than re-entering my Club sides into European competition - is there anything I can do to keep my set-up as it is, and yet retain the original high reps I have given to my competitions?

I'm using basic rules in the editor (on FM17), and the country I've assigned my 'Nation Rules' to for this creation is Luxembourg, if that info helps you at all.

Finally, if there is nothing else I can do, in your experience/opinion - would this simple act of re-instating my 'nation' as having qualification to the sanctioned Euro club competitions help my leagues keep their initial high rep? I'm sure it would be a fixture list nightmare for those unfortunate clubs having to participate in the real Euro comps as well as my own created World Champions league, but if there's no other way, I guess I'll have to take the hit, as I've put too much work into this to just let it fail and accept defeat.

Any help or advice you can offer me will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, here goes it. I am trying to limit the age number before players from the set nation can leave the country. Example, I want to restrict Croatian players playing in Croatia from leaving the country in a transfer before the age of 28. I have looked everywhere in editor and can not find the option for that. So the players would be allowed to move within the country as much as they want but wouldn't be able to sign for foreign teams until they turn 28.

Edited by kruno77

This is driving me mad and I wondered whether anyone could help. This is an FM14 editor query.

I've created three database files for entire new structures for England, Scotland and Wales. Everything works absolutely fine when I run them together with one exception: the lowest level of the Welsh system, which is split into three divisions. Other systems have levels split into divisions too but they work fine.

When I start a game, that lowest Welsh level has teams that shouldn't be there in the some of the divisions and no fixtures are generated for that level. Every other level of every other league works fine and I've done nothing differently that I can think of. I've even deleted that level entirely and started it all over again, renaming different leagues and I still get the same problem. Any ideas very gratefully received! I've attached the Welsh file in case that helps.

Welsh League System Corrected.bak

Welsh League System Corrected.dbc

Edited by threepymeepy