Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a problem that some youth players that I've given full-time contracts to in the editor doesn't have those contracts when I start a new game. Also my newly created board members doesn't show up at all. 

Anyone have an idea of what might be the problem?

3 hours ago, jettreno said:

I have a problem that some youth players that I've given full-time contracts to in the editor doesn't have those contracts when I start a new game. Also my newly created board members doesn't show up at all. 

Anyone have an idea of what might be the problem?

did you tick your editor data file when starting new game?

1 hour ago, jettreno said:

Yes, it's been ticked and all other changes that I've made seem to be working fine. That includes transfers, changed economy and history.

can you upload the file?

9 hours ago, Bigpole said:

can you upload the file?

Of course :) The problems I have are with the board members at Örgryte IS (1843) and the contracts with youth players 93067575, 1915386892, 93081721, 93069732, 93097397, 93087199. All are at Örgryte IS.

I also noticed that after I changed all other youth players from youth contracts to non-contracts that only about half actually get changed to non-contracts while the rest stays on youth contracts.

Thank you for having a look!

31 minutes ago, erikeagles said:

Is there a easy way to change rules in the Dutch league's, I want not 3 substitute but 6. 

And change for minimum stadium capacity 

in nation rules and it's quite easy.

Hi,

I've some doubts regarding editor

1. I would like to create a new european competition which the eliminated teams from Europe League goes to the new competition in some qualifying round, do I need to recreate the Europe League?

2. When setup how many teams per ranked country will be in the competition is it possible, and how, to specify that a country will not be in the competition? For example, every top 10 countries except German teams

3. Is it possible, and how, to define that teams that were in 5th position in their league will qualify for the new competition? Or 6th positioned tams in 1-5 ranked leagues.

4. Is it possible, and how, to say that a draw in one specific round (example 3rd qualifying) the teams in pot 1 will be the top teams winners from previous round instead being by ranked of all teams?

Edited by Palk

• 2 weeks later...

is it possible that i can change the participation in the cup depending on level the club is at?

eg Team 1 is in Tier 10 and their senior team is in the cup

Once Team 1 is in Tier 5 their Under 21's take their place in the cup rather than first team?

4 hours ago, Sly419 said:

Is this thread only for FM18/FM19?

Wanted to know if there is a specific file in an older version of the game (FM08 to be precise) that contains transfer value ranges or settings like we have in the latest versions of the game?

I saw files with real transfers but nothing more I guess.

It's in fixture that's where you often find those option for foreign players in the league.... Wish I could give you step by step instruction but I don't remember the editor by heart... 

When making international rules in the editor, is it possible to set it up like the Europa League/Champions League wherein there is a different host stadium for the final every season?

is it possible one team participate two leagues?

if possible, could you explain how can be?

Like this:

(Feb - Jun league)

A league

participate team a b c d

B league

participate team : e f g h

(Aug - Dec league)

C league

participate team : c d e f

D league

participate team : a b g h

Hello everyone. I have a couple of questions for advanced fm editor users.

1.) Is there a way, to import new teams for a new competition from xml file. Where can I find a template for it? Itt should speed up my process of creating teams for my 40+ new competition.

2.) Can I somehow tell editor to automaticly set the team logo, kits & colors for the combinations of the foreground and background color I added? If not, where can I found the settings of the logo? (Currently all my new teams have blue logo and kits, which is not so good)

3.) Is there a way to create a competition level to be like for example:
XY competition (level 4) which has regional groups based on the counties of the nation, but some of these counties has sub groups. So can I set the parent competition settings like XY comp. (0 teams) > XY county (0 teams) > X group (12 teams) and XY comp. (0 teams) > XY county (0 teams) > Y group (12 teams)
If this is possible, will FM know that these groups should have about the same amount of teams, so there will not be a fixture like X group has 5 teams, Y has 19 teams?
Also is it possible to make a promotion/relegation playoff for these to subgroup, if there is 2 subgroup on level 4, but 3 on level 5?

Or maybe it would be better to create XY comp (0 teams) > XY county (24 teams) and split XY county into stages of league game with 12-12 teams, and make the stage winners champion and promote them?

4.) Also because of the regional levels, the cup is like: Each county has it's qualification subcup, and the winner will continue in the parent cup with the teams from the 3 competition levels above. How can I acheive this? I tried to create a new stage for a cup as a qualification cup, but after I set in the next stage that the winners of the Third qualification round goes up to the next stage, it did not happen. (I checked other existing cups in the editor, who they manage it).

If you have some good tutorials for this tasks, please let me know  Thanks for your help in advance 

4 hours ago, succ said:
Hello everyone. I have a couple of questions for advanced fm editor users.

1.) Is there a way, to import new teams for a new competition from xml file. Where can I find a template for it? Itt should speed up my process of creating teams for my 40+ new competition. 

2.) Can I somehow tell editor to automaticly set the team logo, kits & colors for the combinations of the foreground and background color I added? If not, where can I found the settings of the logo? (Currently all my new teams have blue logo and kits, which is not so good)

3.) Is there a way to create a competition level to be like for example:
XY competition (level 4) which has regional groups based on the counties of the nation, but some of these counties has sub groups. So can I set the parent competition settings like XY comp. (0 teams) > XY county (0 teams) > X group (12 teams) and XY comp. (0 teams) > XY county (0 teams) > Y group (12 teams)
If this is possible, will FM know that these groups should have about the same amount of teams, so there will not be a fixture like X group has 5 teams, Y has 19 teams?
Also is it possible to make a promotion/relegation playoff for these to subgroup, if there is 2 subgroup on level 4, but 3 on level 5?

Or maybe it would be better to create XY comp (0 teams) > XY county (24 teams) and split XY county into stages of league game with 12-12 teams, and make the stage winners champion and promote them?

4.) Also because of the regional levels, the cup is like: Each county has it's qualification subcup, and the winner will continue in the parent cup with the teams from the 3 competition levels above. How can I acheive this? I tried to create a new stage for a cup as a qualification cup, but after I set in the next stage that the winners of the Third qualification round goes up to the next stage, it did not happen. (I checked other existing cups in the editor, who they manage it).

If you have some good tutorials for this tasks, please let me know  Thanks for your help in advance 

1. Import teams from what? from file with data?

2. when you creating kits, there should be some line in home kit section connected to 'colour' of the logo.

3. Don't quite understand what you have in mind, usually regional leagues are made using one parent competition (the specific level). I'll explain:

5th level have regional leagues (counties/lands/voivodeships). And each county has their own 'structure' and divisions but you set all divisions from all counties in one level (5th league). But then you have to set each division their correct promotion/relegation division and in club submenu (and set longitute/latitude for each stadium). So you have all divisions from all counties in one parent division and when you set correct promotion/relegation divisions for each subdivision (and set 'prefered division to relegate/promote to') you should be ok and teams will not be moving from north to south.

On 03/01/2019 at 15:57, Bigpole said:

1. Import teams from what? from file with data?

2. when you creating kits, there should be some line in home kit section connected to 'colour' of the logo.

3. Don't quite understand what you have in mind, usually regional leagues are made using one parent competition (the specific level). I'll explain:

5th level have regional leagues (counties/lands/voivodeships). And each county has their own 'structure' and divisions but you set all divisions from all counties in one level (5th league). But then you have to set each division their correct promotion/relegation division and in club submenu (and set longitute/latitude for each stadium). So you have all divisions from all counties in one parent division and when you set correct promotion/relegation divisions for each subdivision (and set 'prefered division to relegate/promote to') you should be ok and teams will not be moving from north to south.

1. From an xml or csv for example.

2. Thanks, that would do the trick :)

3. I understand your way, but Hungarian amateur level is a little bit different, there are some groups in counties where the teams are seperated not from being in the north or south, more likely they are seperated by being close to the 5 big cities of the county. I am still thinking to create one league for the teams of each county, and make the groups in advanced rules as different stages. Not sure if this gonna work out.

Hello. I have a couple of questions, that I've tried to google over the last couple of days without luck.

- When in the Pre-game editor, how/where does one edit a nation/competitions rules regarding substitutions, as in how many they can have in matches?
- When in the In-game editor, there are many functions, that miss any information from SI about how these work. I am not looking for someone to create a FAQ/Guide for it, but SI should REALLY consider this for FM2020. But, I was thinking about nations.  "Economic Factor" , "FA Financial Power" <- What does these do, affect in a nations and its clubs/competitions?

I really hope someone can shed some much needed knowledge on this. Thank you in advance.

Really no one that has any clue about this?
How about someone from SI?
Cannot really give us the ability to edit/change something within the game, without giving us a clue about what it does/affect.

On 05/01/2019 at 18:54, mcswifty said:

Hello. I have a couple of questions, that I've tried to google over the last couple of days without luck.

- When in the Pre-game editor, how/where does one edit a nation/competitions rules regarding substitutions, as in how many they can have in matches?

I really hope someone can shed some much needed knowledge on this. Thank you in advance.

you can change that in basic rules.

1 hour ago, Bigpole said:

you can change that in basic rules.

Basic rules? What basic rules, where? Easy to say basic rules, when people cant find anything named "Basic rules" in the editor.
If you want to help out - be specific!

18 minutes ago, mcswifty said:

Basic rules? What basic rules, where? Easy to say basic rules, when people cant find anything named "Basic rules" in the editor.
If you want to help out - be specific!

add rules - choose nation and select if you want to add lower leagues (and create/add new rules to added leagues) or create new rules from scratch.

On 05/01/2019 at 18:54, mcswifty said:

- When in the In-game editor, there are many functions, that miss any information from SI about how these work. I am not looking for someone to create a FAQ/Guide for it, but SI should REALLY consider this for FM2020. But, I was thinking about nations.  "Economic Factor" , "FA Financial Power" <- What does these do, affect in a nations and its clubs/competitions?

FA Financial power it's self-explanatory - it's how much money FA has, it will be connected with hiring foreign managers and offering them big contracts, world cup applications and chance of building new stadiums.

Economic Factor as well - it's connected to money from sponsors, tv revenue, ticket prices.

Thank you Bigpole, for answering to the best of your knowledge.
So, from what I can gather, you can play around with substitutions in the editor for added/created leagues.
What about leagues already IN the base game?

When we join the changed files ... are the overlapping files just the ones that make the changes or are all overlapping?
For example: Messi - We change the attributes and save as file 1. Then, later we change attributes of several other players and save file 2.
If we join the files 1 and 2 and create the file 3 .. all changes will be kept?

Hello!

In Non player data/Non tactical attributes section what are those? Eccentricity, versatility, business, interference, resources?

What will happen if in a chairman's resources section I change the rate to 10 or 20?

Sorry, my english is bad.

Hi, people. 

I have the one problem. When I have an .fmf file in  C:\Users\*\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019\editor data the game crashes. When I have a file there and I start the game it just doesn't load and the TM shows (not responding). I try moving the file, than starting the game. The game starts, but whenever I move the file back in the folder, the game crashes. 

What could cause this?

Hi!

i’m trying to use the pre-game editor to give my lower-division team in sweden a B- and C-team, besides the U21 and U19 team it already has.

i noticed a problem when i started the game that one of my youth teams instead got assigned to be the C-team, but maintains their youth league-place rather than the regular league place i assigned for the C-team.

Is there an unspecified limit to the amount of reserve/youth teams a team can have? In the pre-game editor, it looked like it would accept my team having those 4 other teams... is there a way to work around this otherwise, so i can play with all those backup teams too?

I'd like to relegate Newcastle to the Vanarama National and promote the next team from each successive league up to and including the PL.  Is this possible and how difficult would it be?  I'm willing to spend some time to make it work

I'm trying to assign a fixed stadium to a tournament, but somehow the game ignores it. I want the tournament to be played in one stadium. Semi's both on the same day, 15:00 and 17:00 and the finals and 3rd place on the same day as well. 

I tried to use Advanced Rules | Grounds For Match and set the stadium as host stadium.

Then I changed in Stages | Rounds |General the stadium to Host. Sometimes there's an option to use specific stadium and I try to use that, but also that gets ignored.

I removed a child competition and also removed it from advanced rules, but it is still in the menu and also when verifying the rules it says this competition has 0 teams and requires 9. Is there any more steps to remove a competition?

Also I added more teams for one of the child competitions and split it into two stage leages, set the team to 14-16, but when testing rules, it says that it requires 18 teams (was the minimum before) but has 30 teams. Is there somewhere else to set the number of teams in competition than stages?

advanced_rules_error.png

Working with the FM17 editor and I'm well into (about halfway, perhaps) completely revising the English league structure which has one small 'Elite' league at the top and then all the other clubs split into County 'Leagues' and 'Conferences' below them with several cup competitions which allow them to compete at county, regional and then national level.

As I started with the FM 17.3.0 database and started a brand new editor file, when I load a new game with my league and cup changes I have the players & managers at the clubs they were in 2016/17. When starting a game, selecting my new data file with a player data update file won't work, but is there some way I can merge just player data changes with my data file? If anybody can help that would be great.

Thanks!