[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

b064c9dd15baae40d27c905345230522.png

:D

Notice the goalscorer?

@Jimbokav1971 has had his keepers banging in free kicks for a while (and has a theory on why they're pretty good at them), and our new tactic was winning us loads of free kicks that we couldn't convert. I decided to give Muraccini a chance with them, and he absolutely drilled one into the top corner. We're back in the groups ;) 

7 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

bd4bccaab75bfc40dce1c468a289e3d3.png

818ce16b74a9fdab2e3f4df8b2ddd380.png

One game left, and we're away at Malmo. Win, and we'll jump them into second place and qualify. No pressure...

Malmo...you...my loyalties are torn, but you need this more than they do!

So close! I thought that by breaking from convention and having the 6th group game as a separate one it would mean you actually finally did it :D  

What does your Overall Best Eleven 11 look like now? Be interesting to see like the record appearances/goals etc on there. 

5 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

So close! I thought that by breaking from convention and having the 6th group game as a separate one it would mean you actually finally did it :D  

What does your Overall Best Eleven 11 look like now? Be interesting to see like the record appearances/goals etc on there. 

And if the right back has had a growth spurt, or still makes Valbuena look like Peter crouch :D

2 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

you were not even hammered by Valencia

did you used the winger tactic?

We did, yeah. I'm really, really digging the 4-1-4-1. Switching to contain has made the world of difference. I think we're in a really good position to make a breakthrough soon, if we can get a couple of defenders in.

2 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Looks a lot like Kim Folkesson picked a bad day to have a good game. Unlucky on not qualifying for the knockout rounds but you've done a lot better this season!

2 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Unlucky. Kim Folked you up...

He did indeed :( 

2 hours ago, Miek said:

Damn, so close to qualifying past the group stages. This thread is gonna explode when that happens :D 

:D 

1 hour ago, andychar said:

Why must you constantly disappoint us!

I'm just setting you guys up to make it all the sweeter when it happens! I think 60 years of setup is probably enough, mind...

1 hour ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Here it is:

3953480907e8e2fb7dc523485e897e63.png

There's a few players that have no business being there at all (the LCB and LB in particular), but it actually looks pretty good. Problem is, I took a two month break from this save in the middle and FM removes nicknames when players retire, so I genuinely have no clue who a lot of the players actually are :lol: 

1 hour ago, Bood said:

And if the right back has had a growth spurt, or still makes Valbuena look like Peter crouch :D

He's up to 5'1! I still shudder at the thought of actually playing him in Europe, though...

Here's our current keeper:

9b99fc55f9782a9cb095db5ebc265dea.png

He is, very clearly, the best player we've ever had at the club. He's easily good enough to play at a higher level, and he knows that, because he won't sign a new contract. His runs out in a year, and we're probably going to lose him on a free. He also has four goals this season ;) 

1 hour ago, Jupjamie said:

Here's our current keeper:

9b99fc55f9782a9cb095db5ebc265dea.png

He is, very clearly, the best player we've ever had at the club. He's easily good enough to play at a higher level, and he knows that, because he won't sign a new contract. His runs out in a year, and we're probably going to lose him on a free. He also has four goals this season ;) 

Who's he wanted by?

6 hours ago, yugo23 said:

42 caps at the age of 22, impressive. Who holds Sammarinese record?

That would be our very own Mattia Rondelli, with 145 :) 

1 hour ago, BathCity said:

But that CB tho, damn....

He could be exactly what the doctor ordered...

Season Review!

League

4 goals conceded ;) 

Cup

I can't remember the last time we didn't get out the group. It might have been half a century ago.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Libertas lost 5-0 to Slovan Liberec from the Czech Republic, Juvenes Dogana lost 2-1 to Celje from Slovenia and Fiorentino lost 5-1 to KR from Iceland.

Next yearGroups.

2 hours ago, BathCity said:

Any concrete bids for that keeper, now or in the past? :)

Good luck in that group, you'll probably need it.... :rolleyes:

Not so many anymore, but we were getting bids of 150k for him from some Greek/Belgian teams a while back. I'm resigned to losing him on a free this summer now, but I'd rather use him for as long as we could and lose him for nothing than make 150k but not have him for three years that we could have. Money isn't an issue for us :D 

9 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

t so many anymore, but we were getting bids of 150k for him from some Greek/Belgian teams a while back. I'm resigned to losing him on a free this summer now, but I'd rather use him for as long as we could and lose him for nothing than make 150k but not have him for three years that we could have. Money isn't an issue for us :D

How long does he have left on his contract?

16 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

League

4 goals conceded ;) 

How can you lose 2 matches whilst only conceding 4 goals all season? That must be some sort of weird ass record.

Rather good performance in Europe this season though. Always respectable in a group of 3 pretty big teams.

3 hours ago, noikeee said:

How can you lose 2 matches whilst only conceding 4 goals all season? That must be some sort of weird ass record.

Rather good performance in Europe this season though. Always respectable in a group of 3 pretty big teams.

Cheers Noikeee! We had the performances, now we just need to get the results to go with...

Youth Intake Day!

9664bb3e04bb80c5a9e1211b9434db37.png

Hello...

d9ef7568f7e4f2c162f792e1371cc5e8.png

I was expecting a bit more than this, to be honest. He's two footed, and has some decent stats, but nothing really stands out. It's all going to depend on how much he can grow.

bfc6111ce518f20cbd008ecc26dcbf73.png

Now him, I can get behind :D He looks very tidy, and I think we've now solved our CB problem ;) 

Really like the look of Berardi (80b) too, he's got some very nice physicals for his age and his Team Work and Work Rate are pretty superb. Obviously got work to do (3 Composure and 5 Decisions seems a bit suspect) but I can definitely see him being a mainstay in the team for a long time if he develops decently, especially since you're pretty lacking at CB otherwise

Nice that he's coming in only a year later after Della Valle (79a) too, hopefully the two of them will have a lot of time to form a good partnership at the back

Bit weird that Morone (80a)'s supposedly built to be a target man (and to be fair 13 Heading is quite solid) but he has 5 Bravery... Definitely has some very nice attributes on there though, like the 14 Acceleration and 12 Off the Ball (14 determination ain't bad out of the box, either), but you're right in that it depends on how much potential he'll end up having since it seems like you're only playing one striker at the moment and you already have a few decent ones?

Archived