[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, yugo23 said:

Tough luck.

Could you post screenshot of player search page, withthout unrealistic transfers? 

How do those players compare with ones you now have? 

I can, and I can use the ingame editor to show you ;) 

ae542bbdbb5a9e089f2d3de63f523b7c.png

Bear in mind that 90 CA would be probably a 4* player for us, so the current quality of players that we could realistically buy on the transfer market are good, but not ridiculously so. It's the young players that would do it:

3a553f09eccb70a80ec41b2df8bdba43.png

Season Review!

League

Man, that final was intense. We went 1-0 down after they won a penalty early for a push in the box off a free kick, equalised and went 2-1 up in extra time. In the 123rd minute (when only one minute was supposed to be added... cheers ref) they won a penalty for a push in the box off a free kick (seriously, we give so many of those away...) and had it saved as the last kick of the game. 

Cup

Nice.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Juvenes Dogana lost 3-1 to FH from Iceland in the 2nd Qualifying Round of the CL (cheers lads...), Domagnano lost 2-0 to Rosenborg but Fiorentino beat Trencin from Slovenia 2-0 before losing on away goals to Jelgava from Latvia :( 

Next yearGroups.

24 minutes ago, yugo23 said:

Is Andrija Jevremović from Serbia? When did you hire him?

He is :) We hired him last year, we usually get assistants or coaches from other countries who'll leave after a couple of years for a better job.

4 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

Youth Intake Day!

3a7b409bb3cf3b3952d4e80b15f6cb97.png

99d2e6abad86a51e5692bb399aeb3b5d.png

He looks decent, but if our assistant is right about his potential then he's not going to grow much. We also didn't get any decent defenders through :( 

His PA isn't great but 16 for passing should be good.

With most career threads I actively follow I try and avoid going in them for 2 weeks at a time so I can binge through a season or two, I like how with this one I can avoid it for 2 days and have loads of seasons to binge through :D Fair play for sticking it out this long, hope that you can get to the CL Group Stages at least once before FM18 is out!

I love the way you update, I feel like I'm getting to know the team well enough. But the updates come thick and fast so you never get bored. Great work. 

Also, even tho it might be frustrating at the moment, don't give up. I've seen similiar treads start tinker with the rules when they're struggling. Please don't do that, the reward of winning the CL will be much greater with these tough limits. :)

3 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

His PA isn't great but 16 for passing should be good.

Agreed, that's a pretty good starting point. He's also pretty handy defensively, and should make a good replacement for Mattia Rondelli (who's now 36 and absolutely knackered) as our Box to Box midfielder.

2 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

With most career threads I actively follow I try and avoid going in them for 2 weeks at a time so I can binge through a season or two, I like how with this one I can avoid it for 2 days and have loads of seasons to binge through :D Fair play for sticking it out this long, hope that you can get to the CL Group Stages at least once before FM18 is out!

Cheers Paul! 

1 hour ago, iMitch said:

You can offer longer 2-year contracts? In the database I'm using I can't

I'll respond to your PM now :) 

1 hour ago, BathCity said:

I love the way you update, I feel like I'm getting to know the team well enough. But the updates come thick and fast so you never get bored. Great work. 

Also, even tho it might be frustrating at the moment, don't give up. I've seen similiar treads start tinker with the rules when they're struggling. Please don't do that, the reward of winning the CL will be much greater with these tough limits. :)

Cheers Bath! I think winning the CL might be sliiiightly optimistic, but we'll give it a go :lol: I have no plans to tinker with the rules or change anything under the hood. We're in this for the long haul :D 

Season Review!

League

Nice.

Cup

Nice.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Cosmos lost 3-1 to Crusaders from Northern Ireland, Libertas lost 4-1 to Vojvodina from Serbia but Fiorentino (I actually rather like them) came up with the goods again, beating Lusitans from Andorra 4-1 before going out 4-1 to Olimpija in the Second Round.

Next yearGroups.

9 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

Cheers Bath! I think winning the CL might be sliiiightly optimistic, but we'll give it a go :lol: I have no plans to tinker with the rules or change anything under the hood. We're in this for the long haul :D 

Sounds great

1884b8223c1008f1d352760fab1a4793.png

Well then...

We went with the 4-1-4-1, but changed the mentality to contain - and we bloody battered them!

Daniele Lombardi (YP69a) hit the post with a one on one, Paolo Di Nardo charged through on goal but couldn't find a finish, and we wasted a load of good chances including lots of free kicks. They couldn't create much - until the 89th minute when they dived for a penalty, because f***ing Dinamo. Muraccini (YP72a) saved it, and we have our first ever draw against Dinamo. I reckon we're going to get battered in Croatia, but if we can grab a goal...

67abd1afea1a23bacd86f604e221c3ad.png

That should not have been 4-0. We missed a lot of great chances, they scored from stupid mistakes (including another penalty after a push from a set piece... it seems like we're guaranteed to give one of those away a game and there's nothing we can do about it). F*** Dinamo.

Just read through the whole thing and I must say I commend you on keeping going with this. Must be so frustrating at times. I've just been reading an article about youth development and when it comes to youth intake day. One thing the article suggested was find a Head of Youth who likes to play the same formation you do and that way you should then get more players through that fit that formation.

25 minutes ago, Garthy_1706 said:

Just read through the whole thing and I must say I commend you on keeping going with this. Must be so frustrating at times. I've just been reading an article about youth development and when it comes to youth intake day. One thing the article suggested was find a Head of Youth who likes to play the same formation you do and that way you should then get more players through that fit that formation.

Cheers mate! I've never found a correlation between the HOYD preferred formation and the type of players you get through (I tracked that for a decent amount of years on my FM 16 thread), so I tend to just go with the HOYD who has the best stats.

7 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Cheers mate! I've never found a correlation between the HOYD preferred formation and the type of players you get through (I tracked that for a decent amount of years on my FM 16 thread), so I tend to just go with the HOYD who has the best stats.

I have a theory, albeit one based upon limited data and not particularly in depth analysis of that data that coaching style may have an effect.  I think I'd had 4 HOYD at one point in my save.  3 had brought through talented CM players, but one hadn't.  The 3 all had the same coaching style, and the 1 had a different one.

I've had an attacking coaching style one for the last 2-3 years and after getting a DM through every season, I haven't had one for a while, and I'm also getting less CB's after getting good quality ones through for a long time.

So I think it's possible coaching style effects things, although nothing else stood out.

1 hour ago, Sir_Liam said:

I have a theory, albeit one based upon limited data and not particularly in depth analysis of that data that coaching style may have an effect.  I think I'd had 4 HOYD at one point in my save.  3 had brought through talented CM players, but one hadn't.  The 3 all had the same coaching style, and the 1 had a different one.

I've had an attacking coaching style one for the last 2-3 years and after getting a DM through every season, I haven't had one for a while, and I'm also getting less CB's after getting good quality ones through for a long time.

So I think it's possible coaching style effects things, although nothing else stood out.

It very well could be. I could never work out if coaching style had a correlation or not. We had a bloke with 'fitness' who was producing a ridiculous amount of strikers, if that helps with anything.

7 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

Youth Intake Day!

9a7293993b6275409fd75672ffdadb0c.png

c7c9f973ad1f1e8a62762fef35c972ec.png

4 passing, 4 first touch, 4 technique, 3 decisions... hmm :lol: 

Also, no defenders :( 

The 5' 8" Target Man with 3 bravery and 7 jumping reach and 4 passing. Welcome to San Marino!

8 minutes ago, oneronaldo said:

So Rosti is 15 and basically plays like he's 40 year old Luca Toni, but without any semblance of aerial threat yet somehow Target Man is his best role. Riiiight...

Your analysis of players is superb :D 

4 minutes ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

The 5' 8" Target Man with 3 bravery and 7 jumping reach and 4 passing. Welcome to San Marino!

He's the finest target man in all the land...

Archived