[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/7/2017 at 23:57, Jupjamie said:

68188a427698a3caf28234cf62390b7e.png

We actually could have won this if we didn't waste so many fecking one on ones. C'est la vie.

Next year is your year, Gwaaaaaan Jamie!

10 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

5692b6a680714102eb06eb13b465a001.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Next year is... gwaaaaaaaaan... hey! Come back!

8 hours ago, oneronaldo said:

He's garbage at defending, like Alberto Moreno bad, CAM it is.

6 hours ago, Soviet said:

Wow, that's an amazing ML... Probably best to retrain him as AMC.

6 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Could be a handy 10.

Aye, AMC it's going to be. Cheers guys!

18 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Next year is your year, Gwaaaaaan Jamie!

Next year is... gwaaaaaaaaan... hey! Come back!

:lol:

15 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Cacciotti and Cervellini looks very promising. Just have to find their places in your squad.

Agreed. Cacciotti is (hopefully) going to be our LB of the future considering our current one is now 35 and needs a walker to get to training, and Cervellini is too good to not find a role sooner rather than later.

We've been using our kits for way too long, and I'm getting bored of black as an away kit, so I'm going to use the in-game editor to change them up.

Here's the before picture:

ac0d5952fe23a390b316f5e379a19c1a.png

Here's the after:

d7099609211321a034ff7197160b025d.png

Let me know your thoughts. I'm probably going to change them up every so often to make loads of money off our fans who have to keep buying the new ones to keep things fresh.

9 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

497e4d845081af4b9496511ef710a351.png

Oh boy. This is going to be expensive. Those bastards better not change the name, either.

“San Giovanni Football Club are delighted to announce the opening of the Dinamo Zagreb Stadium.”

8 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

That red and white away kit is sharp.

I think so, too. I was actually going to stick with the black until I started messing around with white and saw that one. Very tidy.

452db0277f282dd26f472799c4315648.png

2c0e663ee624b03c22474daf5210cb8f.png

We fell 1 point short of @Soviet's prediction but we really should have taken 6 off Krasnodar. Weirdly Salzburg gave us much tougher games than Valencia. who we were actually able to go toe to toe with. Salzburg just walked all over us.

3 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

Yup :( 

f96b055913f257a25e7ad51a0d44c85b.png

We had to go for a goal because they'd scored one at us, and just didn't have enough in us.

****ing Fck....

And you're getting stacked at DL now.

12 hours ago, Benjoe said:

****ing Fck....

And you're getting stacked at DL now.

12 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Selva looks class, lots of potential there.

11 hours ago, Soviet said:

- Great pace,
- decent determination
- good personality
- demon eyes.

Should be a great one for sure.

11 hours ago, BathCity said:

Selva looks like your best ever prospect for me, is there a place for him in the 11?

10 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Selva looks like an incredible prospect. The physicals are great and the mentals and technicals are quite good as well.

Lots of Selva support here! I agree - I think, ignoring anything else, he's the best Day 1 prospect we've ever produced. He's the fastest player to ever come through the academy (as far as I'm aware) and he's actually a competent footballer, too. My problem is with his potential - if our assistant is right about his PA, that means he's really close to his peak already. Normally with a player like this they'd develop their technicals a fair bit, their mentals would shoot up and he'd get even faster. If all that happened we'd be absolutely golden, but I'm worried that (because he's Sammarinese coming through our limited youth recruitment and all of ours seem to have a low PA) that what you see now is basically what you're going to get.

That's still more than good enough to find a spot on our team, because we could badly do with the pace, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much yet. We've had players with 5* PA completely fail to develop at all, so 3-4* has me kind of wary.

We have got a fair few FBs through in the last few years, but unfortunately none of them have really developed massively either so far. Remind me to take a picture of them tomorrow, but there's definitely room for Selva to crack the starting lineup sooner rather than later.

EDIT: Selva is actually already our second best FB at the club. He's definitely starting.

5 hours ago, kidthekid said:

I see that nobody has mentioned it  but Selva looks solid :ackter:

:lol:

3 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Well obviously the best Sammarinese prospect of all time is going to be called Selva...it had to be :D

Good point! It's poetry :D 

Selva looks like a selva-ge.

Also, "selva" means jungle in Portuguese. So I think he might have been born a little far from his natural home and could perhaps fit better in @Benjoe's and @Makoto Nakamura's African adventures.

1 minute ago, noikeee said:

Selva looks like a selva-ge.

Also, "selva" means jungle in Portuguese. So I think he might have been born a little far from his natural home and could perhaps fit better in @Benjoe's and @Makoto Nakamura's African adventures.

He'd make a great supporting midfielder for me, so I'll gladly have him in my Congolese jungle, yes thank you! 

Hi there! 1st time poster here

Just to say this whole concept has got me playing the game again, thank you @Jupjamie . The thread and what you do is basically what I have done in CM/FM games since I started playing, but I havent really played in depth since the Tsigalko days! (150 goals in one season for Barry Town!), just been more a casual thing.

I do have a question for you guys though, as I started doing this youth san marino thing mid save so considering starting again, Have you had any experience in going full youth from the start? ie, releasing your whole squad and starting with signing the u19 grey players? Or would that be digging my own grave from the start. Also, starting as San Giovanni seems like a copyright infringement to your wonderful work lol, are there any teams equally as bad?

@BoodRelasing the whole squad sounds like a bad idea honestly since you don't have regens for the most part of first season and you would have to struggle with grey players. If you're looking for something interesting not in San Marino you can reload England a few times, wait for Merthyr to get promoted and build a Welsh powerhouse inside English league.

Bood you can tick the optino add players to playable teams at the start and create a file in which you remove the players from sammarinese teams, that way you should have a team full of regens at the start of decent (for san marino) quality. You can also load the italian leagues and reload couple of times to get san marino to serie c and with small player database they should have sammarinese and italian regens when thry come up. If your thinking of youth challenge i suggest lustians in Andorra as they always get good portugese regens and by just improving facilities you should a great team in no time

Hmm, you guys are wanting me to try it more lol. The san marino league might just be bad enough to pick up the odd point with a team full of promoted, contracted greys, as long as tactics are ok. I wont derail the thread anymore here though, as its a great read :). If I survive one season without the sack, I have something to work off.

Edit: Gonna start in the andorran second division..... at least the seasons will be fast lol

4 hours ago, Bood said:

Hi there! 1st time poster here

Just to say this whole concept has got me playing the game again, thank you @Jupjamie . The thread and what you do is basically what I have done in CM/FM games since I started playing, but I havent really played in depth since the Tsigalko days! (150 goals in one season for Barry Town!), just been more a casual thing.

I do have a question for you guys though, as I started doing this youth san marino thing mid save so considering starting again, Have you had any experience in going full youth from the start? ie, releasing your whole squad and starting with signing the u19 grey players? Or would that be digging my own grave from the start. Also, starting as San Giovanni seems like a copyright infringement to your wonderful work lol, are there any teams equally as bad?

Glad you like it! To be honest, I think that the grey players wouldn't be a whole lot weaker than the actual players, and San Giovanni are basically expected to be near the bottom anyway, so I think it could work. I like @Kubson's idea of ticking the add players to unplayable teams option a lot.

As for copyright infringement - go for it! I've seen you've chosen Andorra, but feel free to go with San Giovanni (or even a different Sammarinese team). I'd love for somebody else to join me on this mental challenge :D 

3 hours ago, Kubson said:

Top prospect from San Marino with the name Selva.. is that Andy Selva's son by any chance? :D

Unfortunately not :D It's just a common name in San Marino!

Archived