[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

d0033635e73f0b09d35bc882d5d31d23.png

The manager resigned after the Euros (only going to go downhill from there, I guess), and they've offered me the job. I think it's too early, though... I'm going to decline for now. We still need to be focusing on the club side of things.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

96f21834ffaed7e91aa04f227b49c853.png

Well then...

We took the lead early on from a fantastic shot from the edge of the box by Samuele Falco (YP46a), and Berardi doubled our advantage finishing off a lovely team goal. Giacomo Marani (YP50b) then decided to give away two penalties for absolutely no reason (and was promptly hauled off and screamed at), but our backup keeper (our first one was injured for the first leg) stopped the second one, and we head back home with a very, very slender advantage. It's possible.

Youth Intake Day!

3aa71e900c699202c8a3ed5164cfedc4.png

d01e3d23116e236e5b0de95a2933fd38.png

I like the look of him a lot. Those are very decent starting stats, he's a good size, and we did need a keeper - with Albani and Marco Poggiali (YP52a), (who's got a 4.5* PA) coming through in the last two years, we should be sorted between the sticks for the next decade. Just need to get him away from that bloody casual personality...

1 hour ago, Jupjamie said:

Youth Intake Day!

3aa71e900c699202c8a3ed5164cfedc4.png

d01e3d23116e236e5b0de95a2933fd38.png

I like the look of him a lot. Those are very decent starting stats, he's a good size, and we did need a keeper - with Albani and Marco Poggiali (YP52a), (who's got a 4.5* PA) coming through in the last two years, we should be sorted between the sticks for the next decade. Just need to get him away from that bloody casual personality...

Look at those freaking eyes, last thing he looks like is casual....

6 hours ago, oneronaldo said:

Albani looks high as hell, like he just did an entire bag of weed by himself. :lol:

Hey, be fair. It was half a bag. We split it.

3 hours ago, yugo23 said:

Last season was great, you are ready for next big step - CL football. 

Here's hoping! 

1 hour ago, Benjoe said:

A casual killer, perhaps?

Looking great, @Jupjamie! You're going to win the Europa League next season.

Image result for daft punk feel it coming gif

I think that might be sliiightly optimistic :lol: 

Great progress and good to see the NT getting better too. I might have taken the NT job just to try to boost their results as well as it affects your European ranking with SG.

9 hours ago, deltablue said:

Nice to see the NT going places. 

8 hours ago, BathCity said:

Some real progress here, exhiting stuff!

7 hours ago, Miek said:

Great progress and good to see the NT getting better too. I might have taken the NT job just to try to boost their results as well as it affects your European ranking with SG.

Cheers guys!

The NT job was tempting, but I don't feel like it's the right time for it. The promotion to Division C of the Nations League means they're going to get whipped in 6 games most likely (they actually drew 2, so fair play), and it'll take another couple of years to get things back where they have more than the odd game that is winnable. I actually think the AI managers are doing pretty well, so I don't think there's an urgent need to take over. The right time will come soon :D 

Season Review!

League

Only we could make hard work of an unbeaten season. We conceded a penalty in the 118th minute of the semi which would have dumped us back into the Europa Qualifiers, but we saved it and scored the winner in the 121st minute, before winning the final in the 118th. My heart.

Cup

Meh.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Juvenes Dogana lost 4-0 to Kobenhavn in the CL, Fiorentino lost 5-0 to Brondby, Cailungo lost 3-0 to Derry City and Domagnano lost 3-0 to Zurich in the EL.

Next yearEuropa League groups again. please.

Youth Intake Day!

b4ef17a1d96df34c8fd5adb65c6b2dac.png

57d4aeb17f35137d109714ce4c5389e8.png

He could grow into a pretty good LB, but we're sorted there, so I'm going to convert him to a left footed RB. That might go awfully. We'll see.

I'm kind of disappointed with this intake, because I was really hoping for a DM/CM, but I guess it could have been worse.

Ok I've just gone from page 1 to here...its been a very productive day at the office.

Amazing stuff and finally progress is being made. I don't know how you do it. My laptop would have been out the window so fast.

3 hours ago, andychar said:

Ok I've just gone from page 1 to here...its been a very productive day at the office.

Amazing stuff and finally progress is being made. I don't know how you do it. My laptop would have been out the window so fast.

Cheers mate! Really appreciated. It's actually a lot less infuriating than you think (most of the time, anyway...) progress is going to be measured over decades rather than years, so losing one European match - as annoying as it might be - isn't going to make a massive difference in the grand scheme of things.

ad38259edd168b9aa7493eeeacaf2217.png

d4118656c1709acd3ed090d3cf09db27.png

F*** f*** f*** f*** f***.

After two great years in Europe, we've lost in the league final (completely against the run of play) and lost one of the best players at the club for half a year at the same time. I'm very wound up right now.

Archived