[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season Review!

League

That's our lowest points total for 18 years, but we've held onto the title.

Cup

We had a slightly easier go of it in the cup.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Pennarossa lost 6-0 to AaB from Denmark, Cosmos lost 5-0 to Stjarnan from Iceland but Faetano did us proud, scraping past Differdange from Luxembourg 2-1 before losing 8-0 to Lech from Poland in the Second Qualifying Round.

Next yearIt'd be nice to make it back to the Europa League groups.

2 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

Youth Intake Day:

87ca1f81517ce6856935de65d715ea0a.png

497cc86d77fd659042f057c72e180020.png

Very happy about Conti. He's got great distribution for a 16 year old from San Marino, can actually take a free kick, and has a decent physical presence. Lots to work with.

4e12d58fa0dba4a282718115da87b241.png

Another decent CM, but Bianciardi has a lot more to work on.

They look like a potentially great partnership, playmaker and a hound dog.

Youth Intake Day!

b3f9849235e3fc5dd0ce65c1878c16d1.png

a223fc7b8e0b45f59c0dc7bfa2b55c7d.png

Now that's a FB! Ignoring the fact he's absolutely tiny, Arias is great physically, has really good defensive stats and superb attacking stats for a 15 year old Sammarinese FB. He's going places.

c265f11d2b2363608b8c746d703f918f.png

We still don't use wingers, and I don't see where else he really fits right now.

On 2017-5-21 at 01:30, Mushtaq said:

Great read @Jupjamie. A question - how do youth intakes work with amateur clubs? Do your good prospects get pinched much? Looking at a similar save but I am be amateur for the first few years at least.

Hijacking, sorry @Jupjamie as San Marino's youngsters at the start are absolutely shocking they don't usually go anywhere and don't lose many players until others/yourself turn semi-pro/pro

At the end of the season you should get a couple of reports telling you your average attendance and your teams ranks.  The other information is available on a couple of different pages. 

Jellico73

On 21/05/2017 at 01:30, Mushtaq said:

Great read @Jupjamie. A question - how do youth intakes work with amateur clubs? Do your good prospects get pinched much? Looking at a similar save but I am be amateur for the first few years at least.

Just to piggyback onto what @clarkehwbu said, you generally won't have players come through the youth academy that are good enough to get pinched by clubs from other, better countries at the start of your save, but you might lose some players to other teams in your league, which can get a bit annoying :D 

12 hours ago, Mushtaq said:

I really like this overview. What time of each year do you record it? And maybe a dumb question but where can you see average attendance?

You can thank @Jimbokav1971 for the overview. I record it at the end of each season, but the TV money is the TV money we're due to get for the next season, rather than the money we've received for the previous one. 

Like @Jellico73 said, you'll probably get a couple of inbox messages in at the end of the season with various bits of information. Now that we're setting a new record for average attendance every season I get an inbox message telling me how big our attendance was this season, but if you don't get a message like that through and want to check it out:

For your average attendance in all competitions: Club --> History --> Records --> All Attendances --> Average Attendance.

For your average attendance in the league (which is what I use so it doesn't get skewed by Europe): Competitions --> (Your league) --> Stats --> Team Detailed and scroll down to Average Attendance. 

Season Review!

League

Fiorentino were a real challenge this year, but we eventually got the better of them in extra time in the final.

Cup

Fiorentino did do us in the cup.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Fiorentino lost 4-1 to Sarajevo from Bosnia, Tre Penne lost 6-0 to Zrinjski from Bosnia and Virtus lost on away goals to Dudelange from Luxembourg :( 

219324592728ee02b6a526581b357863.png

They scored in the 92nd minute and I thought we were done for, but a hopeful long punt forward that their keeper completely misjudged allowed Luca Ghiotti (YP42a) to fire us right back into this tie.

Youth Intake Day!

18cee5a65bbc11eaba4dab9a0645caa5.png

4293c7c0eefafe65f4f39d666828b408.png

The only person getting a tag is a 5'10 GK with 4* PA (we're still at the point where if they're not 5* PA they're unlikely to ever be a major player). Really disappointing intake.

20 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Basel and then Marseille? Wow. Who'd you upset at UEFA?

3 hours ago, deltablue said:

Those were some tough defeats :(

Our stupid chairman must have forgotten to slip them that brown envelope I gave him...

Season Review!

League

Waaaaay too close. Tre Penne took us to penalties in the final after we were sent down to 10 after 30 minutes - we pulled it out, but my heart was not happy.

Cup

Faetano knocked us out in the quarters.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Tre Penne lost 5-0 to Cliftonville from Northern Ireland, Pennarossa lost 6-0 to Slavia Prague from the Czech Republic and Fiorentino lost on penalties to Anorthosi from Cyprus. So close! :( 

3 minutes ago, Jupjamie said:

d20d0ad2d43c7e0430ba268978213187.png

We're really struggling to put these kind of teams away right now. Work to do away from home.

I tend to find that problem strikes when: (1) you are good enough (high enough rep) that sides sit back defensively; but (2) you are not good enough (skill) to break them down with any measure of consistency. Very frustrating.

2 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

I tend to find that problem strikes when: (1) you are good enough (high enough rep) that sides sit back defensively; but (2) you are not good enough (skill) to break them down with any measure of consistency. Very frustrating.

You've hit the nail on the head with that one, mate. Luckily...

7c44e800952d1c4492952ffb4170b9db.png

We were a bit better at finishing our dinner this time round.

cbf15dd98381c9f9778344b42d310290.png

There were 3 very winnable ties we could have been given. We got Celtic.

Archived