[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

Season Review!

League

Back to winning ways.

Cup

Oh well. The league's the important one.

Schedule

Squad

Other Teams: Fiorentino lost 4-0 to Vardar from Macedonia in the CL First Qualifying Round. Domagnano lost 6-4 to FH from Iceland and Tre Penne lost 4-3 to Siroki Brijeg from Bosnia in the EL First Qualifying Round. They were close, at least.

Next yearWe'll see.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This save came along nicely Jamie, congrats! I just managed to catch up with you and I'm really excited for the next 10 years, if you get lucky with the draws you can maybe get into Champions League football.

One question, since I'm gonna try to do something, I'm curious to see if you found out what happens with the TV Revenue. What happens in order to increase or decrease? Does it have to do with European appearences or it's related only to League Reputation?

7 hours ago, Jupjamie said:
21 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

He looks more like a DLF than a Poacher or other 'attacking' forward...my tuppence.

Jellico73

Interesting.. what makes you see him as a DLF? I was imagining him as a 'poacher' type of player.

Poacher is Finishing, First Touch, Anticipation, Composure, Concentration and Off the Ball, and he's 7, 5, 7, 7, 4, and 6 there.

DLF is First Touch, Passing, Technique, Composure, Decisions, Off the Ball, Teamwork and Vision, and he's  5, 8, 10, 7, 8, 14 and 7.  That's fewer areas to train and tutor to get him on the right side of 10, I'd go for DLF or False Nine, 

The way I'm looking at it, and I admit my experience with this is not that great, is that he's 15 now.  With 6 years of training and tutoring, he could be a Good poacher or a great DLF.  

I think a lot of it is going to depend on what traits he improves first.  In that case It might be worth it to keep him as an Advanced Forward for three or four years, see how much his Finishing, Passing, Composure, Anticipation and Off the Ball improve, and from there decide if he should be a DLF or Poacher player?

That plan sounds great, but Custer had a plan too...

:-)

Jellico73

1 hour ago, BillHoudini24 said:

This save came along nicely Jamie, congrats! I just managed to catch up with you and I'm really excited for the next 10 years, if you get lucky with the draws you can maybe get into Champions League football.

One question, since I'm gonna try to do something, I'm curious to see if you found out what happens with the TV Revenue. What happens in order to increase or decrease? Does it have to do with European appearences or it's related only to League Reputation?

The biggest factor is league reputation. I wouldn't be surprised if your country's population and game importance had some effect, but you'll see significant increases/decreases caused by movement in league rank.

9 hours ago, Jellico73 said:

Poacher is Finishing, First Touch, Anticipation, Composure, Concentration and Off the Ball, and he's 7, 5, 7, 7, 4, and 6 there.

DLF is First Touch, Passing, Technique, Composure, Decisions, Off the Ball, Teamwork and Vision, and he's  5, 8, 10, 7, 8, 14 and 7.  That's fewer areas to train and tutor to get him on the right side of 10, I'd go for DLF or False Nine, 

The way I'm looking at it, and I admit my experience with this is not that great, is that he's 15 now.  With 6 years of training and tutoring, he could be a Good poacher or a great DLF.  

I think a lot of it is going to depend on what traits he improves first.  In that case It might be worth it to keep him as an Advanced Forward for three or four years, see how much his Finishing, Passing, Composure, Anticipation and Off the Ball improve, and from there decide if he should be a DLF or Poacher player?

That plan sounds great, but Custer had a plan too...

:-)

Jellico73

He's got heaps of pace/acceleration though, and poacher (as well as advanced forward) is all about that. More so that any other attribute although off the ball, finishing, composure are key too.

DLF doesn't quite use pace as much.

15 hours ago, BillHoudini24 said:

Cheers Bill! @Ceching You Out hit the nail on the head - if it's not determined 100% by league reputation, it's close enough that you don't need to worry about other factors. That's league reputation rather than ranking though - if you look at the tracker, right now we're the 85th ranked league and earning 566k in TV money, but back in 2035 we were the 86th ranked league but earning 625k in TV money, because we were a 1.5* league.

5 hours ago, noikeee said:

He's got heaps of pace/acceleration though, and poacher (as well as advanced forward) is all about that. More so that any other attribute although off the ball, finishing, composure are key too.

DLF doesn't quite use pace as much.

Aye, I think the pace is the important thing and what tips it in the favour of a poacher - but I do like your plan @Jellico73 of keeping him on an AF training schedule for a few years until he's 20 or so and then seeing where he's at.

5 hours ago, deltablue said:

Great milestone getting the Valencia draw. 

Thanks Delta!

On 03/03/2017 at 22:22, clarkehwbu said:

Shame about those draws in Europe :( 

On 03/03/2017 at 22:33, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Awful draws, unlucky.

FC København was a cruel draw for the Euro Cup playoffs.

13 hours ago, deltablue said:

Both Dinamo and Copenhagen! Either are traditionally deadly in saves like this. 

So much of this save relies on the luck of the draw. I don't think we really got it this time round :lol: 

Youth Intake Day!

e3ba9afb476dbdcc14619c9515919d71.png

0b5b4c61f4dbc767dfbd84d040c800b7.png

He's a decent winger, but we still don't use wingers. 1 finishing means he's probably not going to become the next great striker, either :lol: 

74d75f0fff5fa33e24623342868cb440.png

He could develop into a decent CM.

83b5855c246397d8e7fa6afd63e5bfe6.png

Likewise, as a playmaker.

4dfa883674e068d11d94f1e85e57e71c.png

A striker with some decent tools.

Martina (YP41a) looks like he could be a decent player after some training but shame you don't use wingers, hopefully in the future you can sell him after he's been trained to help out the other San Marino clubs

I don't think the lads have been working hard enough in training, so we've bought in the world's scariest coach to push them.

1ae07ab2793773fc8cfd8ae182189d1a.png

I'm unable to confirm or deny the rumours that he's related to Spanish dictator Francisco Franco. 

Enough questions. FIFTY MORE LAPS.

ecfe3f72ba64df9522b46dcce42ce7cf.png
1083684d5923f82eb0be0b2e5b8b3632.png

The league is back up to a 1.5* league, we're set to get the most TV money in history and the national team get a very nice boost thanks to this result:

2664a3b8a8b63433102a5c717e9e7dbf.png

That's 43rd in the world Greece with players from Freiburg, Manchester United (although thankfully he was injured), Inter Milan and Lazio!

12 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

I don't think the lads have been working hard enough in training, so we've bought in the world's scariest coach to push them.

1ae07ab2793773fc8cfd8ae182189d1a.png

I'm unable to confirm or deny the rumours that he's related to Spanish dictator Francisco Franco. 

Enough questions. FIFTY MORE LAPS.

So thats where the Winter Soldier been moonlighting....

The progression is real, keep it up. Love the use of the Excel spreadsheet to symbolise the development, it really shows. When scanning through people's post, it's hard to see what they have achieved, what you have done thus far is special. Keep it up, very impressed with the result in beating the Germans - although your group is hard, but could be worse.

7 hours ago, Cardiovascular said:

What a result. :eek:

7 hours ago, Black and Yellow said:

Great result in Germany, that! Good job.

5 hours ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Very impressive against the Germans.

3 hours ago, United_kaz said:

Nice group stages here you come 

3 hours ago, RyanBrown said:

The progression is real, keep it up. Love the use of the Excel spreadsheet to symbolise the development, it really shows. When scanning through people's post, it's hard to see what they have achieved, what you have done thus far is special. Keep it up, very impressed with the result in beating the Germans - although your group is hard, but could be worse.

Cheers guys! Much appreciated. The groups haven't exactly gone to plan so far, but I'm still a bit surprised we actually made it there.

Credit goes to @Jimbokav1971 for the spreadsheet. He suggested it and was the one to send me over the prototype for it. I'm loving it :D 

Archived